PDA

View Full Version : Anyone crazy enough about Ogi?

Chaos Rappy
Jan 3, 2012, 07:43 PM
Honestly, I feel up to to doing it myself if no one else knows, but I really would like to know more about his weapon choices in his first form, before the major story event that causes him to wield different weapons. I see him wielding bazookas when he has his 1st version (and is set to one of the "ranged" commands, like "Keep your distance"), and when he gets his 2nd version, he starts wielding laser cannons instead, most specifically the Chaos and Tartaros Cannons... however, I'm more specifically talking about his 1st version's weapons, the bazookas, not the laser cannons.

I want to know, as he levels up with you, what bazookas does he wield? I believe I've seen him wield up to a Blue Danube at one point, but I never got higher-leveled enough to see anything beyond that, but unless anyone else knows the answer to this, I'm willing to try power-leveling one of my characters, who has yet to get Ogi currently, and discovering what bazookas our loveable android can wield. :>

DoctorShanks
Jan 4, 2012, 12:05 AM
Well, I missed my chance to test this as I've already completed the Story on my new HUcaseal. You could probably play strictly online with a new character without finishing the story. I would really like to know the answer to this myself. Ogi with a Blue Danube is surprising enough for me already.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 4, 2012, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I got my original FOnewm to, like, level 40 before I beat the story, I was playing online so much before I beat the story, haha... Blue Danube was about as far as I recall getting, though I might have mistaken it for something else bazooka-ish that was blue. ^_^;

The good way to try and test this, without cheating, is to get a high-level weapon, one that is a kind of powerful, single-striking weapon that deals massive damage per hit, slap X on it, and go have a bashing parade in the earlier Normal fields, hitting things for massive damage and gaining ****loads of EXP just for hurting things a lot (my best assumption for a weapon choice would be a bazooka, oddly enough: high-ass damage, single hit, PA's have decent damage mods to go along with it, and bazookas can have up to a level 5 element on their own).

Safest, not particularly the fastest, I guess in that sense, but not a bad choice, since you can also do this offline to actually get to SEE Ogi changing his weapons as you level-up. It's either this, or resort to cheating to quickly level-up and watch him switch his weapons progressively as you go along, but... that's only if it's what you've got, I guess. I would do this, but if I did, I wouldn't save after I did, just because something tells me I'm not gonna feel any fun in this if I end up accidentally reaching level 80 or something crazy before even beating the story... just do it for seeing Ogi's weapons, then reverting back. <.<

DoctorShanks
Jan 4, 2012, 12:57 PM
I'd say its cool as long as you don't save and if its for experimental purposes. Also, doesn't a Shield have the highest Proc rate? I don't really know how X works though... does damage play a role?

Chaos Rappy
Jan 4, 2012, 08:16 PM
X gives you EXP based on damage and level, in which you gain an amount of EXP based on a percent of the damage you deal. X Lv1 gives you, I THINK 20% EXP of the damage you deal, and it gets higher by 4% for every level, at 36% at level 5.

So, basically, the weapon with the highest level possible and damage possible per hit is best to use with X, regardless of procrate, however, proccing is obviously important, haha... good thing is, bazookas aren't too bad proc-wise, just not the greatest, like Shields, whose damage alone is so terrible, it negates its purpose for this use, since it doesn't deal significantly high enough to warrant X use, even if it does proc fairly often; if you kill something in one hit of a Shield that only dealt about 70 damage compared to a bazooka, which does about 120 (note: this is aonly a demonstration of amounts; no actual data supplied for this difference, it is only an example), then the difference in EXP can be a fairly big difference in the end... :/

However, X is useless against bosses, so that does mean that at bosses, you'll either have to reset the teleporter or claim your free boss kill, I guess, whichever floats your boat.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 7, 2012, 10:17 PM
So, I got around to do this, and I finally got the results from my testing. Ogi's bazooka choices are as follows:

Ein Rocket
Deo Rocket
Octo Bazooka / Devil Bazooka (hate when weapons look exactly the same and have the same status effects and PA; I dunno if he wielded BOTH, but I know he wielded one, but I can't tell which <.<)
Blue Danube
Yellow Sun

That's pretty much it. Not as many weapon swaps as Sarisa, but the jumps are decently significant in their own way.

Also, for anyone wondering about Sarisa's different weapon swaps, I have that one pretty easy (basically all the general rare wands and Newman-like wands):

Cane
Clear Cane
Bright Moon
Annasans
Emerald Tablet (may be swapped in place of Annasans for order, but I know she wields both)
Alice Olivia
Starlight
Al Azif

Atbar
Jan 8, 2012, 12:22 AM
I predicted Ogi holding Canon Bleu but that didn't happen. Still find this information about what Ogi first body uses for all bazookas fascinating. :)