PDA

View Full Version : Strafing and attacking at the same time?

BackwoodsAltar
Jan 5, 2012, 04:38 PM
So, I have a saber and a handgun equipped (level one), but I can't hold on the up arrow to "take out" my gun, hold left arrow to strafe, and hold down arrow to attack with said gun all at the same time. It's just not letting my shoot.

Maybe it's my laptop? If that's the case, am I stuck with the role of pure fighter forever? :(

BackwoodsAltar
Jan 5, 2012, 04:55 PM
Actually just tried to plug in a new keyboard. Same thing. I don't get it. :-?

TenebriS
Jan 5, 2012, 05:01 PM
there is an option you only ahve to press left once for stay at handgun, i maybe will post a pic tomorrow by time to show you :O

BackwoodsAltar
Jan 5, 2012, 05:05 PM
Thanks. Until then, does anyone else know what to do? :P

str898mustang
Jan 5, 2012, 05:37 PM
get a controller

BackwoodsAltar
Jan 5, 2012, 05:59 PM
get a controller

Cool.

Vashyron
Jan 6, 2012, 05:53 AM
That or get a better keyboard.

Or even change the controls around on what you use to bring up your secondary weapon to something that will likely not have this issue such as Ctrl or Alt.

Vent
Jan 7, 2012, 03:00 PM
A friend told me he has the same problem with his keyboard. He says that it's because the USB connection for keyboards only supports a limited amount of simultaneous key presses.

I'm not sure how true his statements are. I agree with some of the other users that the best way to solve it is to use some kind of macro to get the job done.

Karen Erra
Jan 7, 2012, 03:31 PM
posting this for TenebriS
Thats the option you have to change. Then you don't need to hold the button.

http://i44.tinypic.com/34hgisg.jpg

pikachief
Jan 7, 2012, 03:39 PM
A friend told me he has the same problem with his keyboard. He says that it's because the USB connection for keyboards only supports a limited amount of simultaneous key presses.

Yea the 3 USB keyboards we own, and the 3 laptops we own all have the same problem. I actually can't move, turn the camera and use a PA at the same time. I have to let go of something before pressing the PA button

so sometimes I only do 1 part because I'm moving the camera and my character and my keyboard won't let me continue my combo lol

I'm not exactly sure what causes the problem. (btw our keyboards are spread across I think 4 different companies so i doubt its one company that does this to their keyboards)

Vashyron
Jan 7, 2012, 03:42 PM

I'm not sure how true his statements are. I agree with some of the other users that the best way to solve it is to use some kind of macro to get the job done.

Nothing to do with using a USB connection.

http://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/antighostingexplained.mspx

Infact you can use the top thing there on that webpage to see what key combinations work for your keyboard.