PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Should I buy or should I not?

Kaji Motomiya
Jan 7, 2012, 02:45 PM
So I want to buy Phantasy Star Universe for the 360 because I've been on a PSU hunting spree since I got Portable for the PSP. When I found out that servers were still up, I was overjoyed...until I found out that it required a paid subscription (and I don't have the resources for it...). So here's my question:

If I can't play online, is it still worth buying and playing offline?

BIG OLAF
Jan 7, 2012, 02:48 PM
No; the offline isn't that exciting. It's just a linear story mode, and then the lackluster "Extra Mode" (which is like online, but without 95% of the content).

Kaji Motomiya
Jan 7, 2012, 02:58 PM
So I don't have to waste money on it? Does that make the Portable series (without the online content) a bit better than the Universe game?

DeathDragon2332
Jan 7, 2012, 03:04 PM
Overall Phantasy star portable 1 is like PSU extra mode but it has about double the content. Then you have PSP2 which has about 20times what PSP1 has. I would go with the portable series.

FOkyasuta
Jan 8, 2012, 01:00 AM
Many Gains & Chains, Free Online Functions, portible and a Cheezy story? oh my! But jeah. PSP2 is the way to go if you like having $$$ in your pocket. (Next to your PSP that is.)

*inb4thatoneguywhoadvertizes,">.>playjppsu!"*

XbikXBd
Jan 8, 2012, 04:08 AM
get xbox lol ill be willing to help level

Volcannon
Jan 9, 2012, 04:52 PM
I wish they would make episode 3 a dlc for people who don't have the money for online mode.

DeathDragon2332
Jan 9, 2012, 10:55 PM
I wish they would make episode 3 a dlc for people who don't have the money for online mode.

Yeah I know. I wish they would just make a online offline dlc. It would be great if they updated the offline as well as the online like the PSP2 and PSP2i. But they aren't cool or nice enough for that.

Volcannon
Jan 10, 2012, 01:20 AM
I just thought of this now, but....They could release all 3 episodes in one pack like they did with PSO.

Keilyn
Jan 10, 2012, 02:21 AM
I wouldn't waste my time with the 360 version.

My reasoning is simple. SoA has a track record of actually reducing themselves to one phantasy star game over a period of time. I remember how they kept closing each PSO server in each version one after another, so they kept forcing the population to move from platform to platform...

The issue with PSU was that everyone who was loyal to the game series bought the original PSU, then had to eventually buy AoTI. They paid for the same game twice and once logged on to AoTI, they lost netplay in the original. Then they closed down the PC/PS2 server.

This made sense!

PC/PS2 servers had to compete with every other game out there. It had to compete with the many gamers who choose their games in practically every genre out there. On 360, no other game exists like it that has had the updating that PSU has had and so it maintains a monopoly.

SoA knows if anyone wants a 360 game like that, its the only game that exists. No competition = laziness and even charging premiums through slowing down the entire game.

They also know that 360 gamers are uneducated when it comes to network gaming and technologies. Fewer players are going to ask about "ping" and "tracerouting" and "framerate" problems, so there are fewer tech complaints. In PC gaming what tends to happen is that if a company dares to lower client rates below 9K, a person will make a post of and by the end of the month the only "Elite" to "Top Players" the game will have is a bunch of newbies at max level claiming they are "Elite" while the competitive gamers move elsewhere with their money.

Another great thing about consoles is that a company can assume its majority users are teenagers. Even though the demographs are truly different and they know it, and we know it; They can play the ignorance card all the way to the bank.

They know a 360 gamer isn't going to through away their 360 or their game. They know they are just going to suck it up and deal. They know they can cater to them a lot easier than a more educated, wiser, more advanced population.

They have the perfect market on 360. Apologies if any 360 players feel insulted by this, as I am also a 360 gamer too (not in PSU) but deal with how immature the population truly and how uneducated and share the common ground with all you 360 players in the fact that we each keep a list of at least a dozen people we would love to beat to death with their internet connection. ^_^

So yes, I wouldn't touch the 360 version of the game unless its a craving that you must read it all in English, Its seriously better to try Free Course in PSU JP for a while and see if you still have it in you to play before ponying up a monthly fee for having room access.

EvilMag
Jan 10, 2012, 07:30 PM
Oh great, here comes Keilyn to write a fuckton of essays of why you shouldn't get on 360 and go to JP.

bupjo
Jan 13, 2012, 01:50 AM
is it still worth buying and playing offline?

don't pay for this shit unless your life depended on it. even if your life did depend on it, still don't pay for this shit.

Halcyote
Jan 13, 2012, 02:34 AM
PSU on any version is not worth paying for in 2012.

Maybe in 2008, but not 2012. Stick with the portable games.

Cloudstrife xx
Jan 13, 2012, 02:56 AM
PSU on any version is not worth paying for in 2012.

Maybe in 2008, but not 2012. Stick with the portable games.

Whatever you say man....