PDA

View Full Version : Im starting over

XxGoregrinderxX
Jan 8, 2012, 01:54 PM
Hey guys,

i want to play PSZ again because my PSPdisplay is broken today. :-?
Now i cant decide which Race is should choose.
I really reall really like RAcasts but i know that there are'nt very strong.
But i think the HUcast looks bad in PSZ. XD
So can you guys give me some advice?
What Races are you using?

PS: Im an offline player because i have the DS Lite. :(

Norco
Jan 8, 2012, 02:10 PM
I will try to answer your questions best I can after I finish making and eating dinner ^_^

XxGoregrinderxX
Jan 8, 2012, 02:15 PM
I will try to answer your questions best I can after I finish making and eating dinner ^_^

Ok thanks. :-D :-D

Norco
Jan 8, 2012, 02:54 PM
Lets see here... okay.

Sadly HUcast do make some of the strongest rangers as you still see if you look around in some of the topics that have been going around lately. However this does not mean RAcast is awful, I played with quite a few RAcasts which damage output have amazed me. There is also the option of the female casts (I am assuming you want to play a cast).

I play a HUnewm, FOmar and RAcast (note that I only play male characters). I mainly play on my HUnewm for the simple reason that like Double Sabers. My FOmar I made because I wanted a human and since I did not like the looks of FOnewm nor did the RAmar look appealing to me I chose the FOmar. So after that the RAcast was the only one left to pick, either way I would have picked it so I would have ended up with a FOmar anway.

Something you need to keep in mind when playing any character is that some areas are melee resistant and some are range resistant. I will add a little list to explain.

[spoiler-box]Melee resistant
- Ozette Wetland (Use ranged)
- Rioh Snowfield (Use ranged)
- Makara Ruins (Use ranged)

Range resistant
- Gurhacia Valley (Use melee)
- Oblivion City Paru (Use melee)
- Arca Plant (Use melee)
- Dark Shrine (Use melee)[/spoiler-box]

So if you pick a ranger keep in mind that you will probably need some backup weapons such as Sabers, Gunblades or Spears for example. If you pick a hunter you will probably want some Handgun, Mechgun or Rifle as backup.

Hope this help! ^_^

Btw I am curious.. why would you be a offline player because you are playing on a DS lite? I play online on my DS lite just fine xD

XxGoregrinderxX
Jan 8, 2012, 03:00 PM
I cant play online because my Wlan ROuter has WPA2.
But the DS Lite can only use online when theres a WEP encryption i think. :OO

Sorry for my bad english. :(

PlinderD
Jan 8, 2012, 07:26 PM
Rangers have no issue with Melee damage. Considering one of the best gun PAs (Earth Bullet) is melee. Also of all the areas listed only Makara and Paru will seriously screw over the player when it comes to using the opposite damage type.

In Dark Shrine for example, the resistance values are (melee/gun) 50/50, 40/60. There's one enemy that resists Melee damage by 40% and Gun Damage by 70% but its a rare enemy.

What makes RAcasts "awful" is that HUcasts have more combined ATP and ATA than them and that HUcasts can get the required amount of ATA to tackle Super Hand with Guns using MAGs.

HUcasts have 504 ATP and 280 ATA, RAcasts have 396 ATP and 342 ATA. Also online, or if you get your MAG to cast Shifta on you or Kai, the gap is extended further because Shifta gives a boost of 20%-30% to Base ATP

Another thing is weapon selection and the Celeb Element. The Celeb Element gives a 10% boost per level to your final damage. Of the guns that can be given Celeb (easily) the HUcast has the same "best" weapon as the Rangers with Handguns, Rifles, and Gunblades. The HUcast's with his best Mech Guns matches the RAcast with his best Mech Gun.

The only two gun categories the RAcast is better in are Bazookas and Laser Cannons, but their lack of combo and badly designed PA's doesn't really make this an advantage over the HUcast.

Rangers have better "rare" guns, but getting max Celeb on them and a good PA and good percentages is ridiculously hard, because most rare weapons have fixed elements (only one weapon has fixed Celeb and its a Double Sword), and for those that don't have fixed elements they'll come with a random Element which can't be changed to another Element (namely Celeb)

Will RAcasts deal more damage with guns than HUcasts, actually not really, they can catch up though but it requires a ridiculous amount of luck with rare weapons.

On the other hand HUcasts will deal more damage with the more common guns that you can get max Celeb on easily.

Cry
Jan 8, 2012, 08:24 PM
I cant play online because my Wlan ROuter has WPA2.
But the DS Lite can only use online when theres a WEP encryption i think. :OO

Sorry for my bad english. :(

you suffer the same problem a friend of mine has, it really suxx. =(
(Cant you change it to WEP or something like that? not totally sure, and turning security down may be a stupid thing to do, but.. ^^")

edit: if you have a hotspot near you (dunno, the next for me would be a Burger King 5 minutes away from me), you may still accept gift's, you'd just have to go to a place were you can access the web. o:

DoctorShanks
Jan 8, 2012, 08:26 PM
Every race has their good and bad points. Try a HUcaseal if you don't wanna play the HUcast. HUcaseal has the highest ATA of all the Hunters and CAST hunters make the best rangers when it comes to customizable guns.

FOnewm is a very flexible Force, getting boosts to all Techniques. If you want to play a Meele Force, try a FOmarl.

I don't recommend using Rangers. If you want to play a Ranger, play the RAmar or RAcast. RAmar gets gets making him easier and is a much better choice playing for when playing offline. The RAcast is much beef-ier and can take hits better if you want a pitiful excuse to not run Jellen or Zalure.

Hope this helps. Also pay attention to Norcos post :)

PlinderD
Jan 8, 2012, 08:33 PM
FOnewm is a very flexible Force

All Forces are "flexible" the bonuses to Tech damage all Forces have are just that. Bonuses. A FOnewearl and FOmarl can easily destroy enemies with Tech spam as a FOnewm due to how broken most attack Techs are in this game.

All Forces can use all Techs proficiently as all Hunters can use all Melee weapons. Just because a FOnewm has bonuses with all attack Techs doesn't mean a FOnewearl will suddenly start sucking at using any Tech that isn't Megid.

The RAcast is much beef-ier and can take hits better if you want a pitiful excuse to not run Jellen or Zalure.

Except RAcasts still do more damage than RAmars even if RAmars use Zalure.

If you want to play a Ranger, play the RAmar or RAcast.

The only significant advantage male Rangers have over female Rangers is the ATP bonus of a rare Armor with even rarer guns. And by rarer guns, I mean those which Element can't be changed. Meaning by the time you can actually do more damage with the Kepler Suit with its guns chances are you'd already have quit the game.

Sp-24
Jan 8, 2012, 09:06 PM
@XxGoregrinderxX: as Shanks has already said, check out Norco's post, as I assume you already have. Since every class can hold their own rather well, just stick with whichever you like. You may want to check out the Weapon Database (http://www.pso-world.com/psz-items.php?cat=1) first, though, especially if you are partial to a specific weapon type - some character classes are proficient with more than just their class weapons, like HUcasts/caseals being able to use rifles, FOmars/marls being surprisingly adept at wielding mech guns, or HUnewms/newearls really liking magical rods.

I also advise to ignore tl;dr messages that seemingly have nothing to do with the topic, as upon closer inspection, you may find out that that's exactly how it is.

Atbar
Jan 9, 2012, 03:35 AM
My advice is if you like how the RAcast looks, then go play that. I seem to recall you making ranger threads last June or so and there's really nothing new being said by everybody here that that was already said in those threads.

XxGoregrinderxX
Jan 9, 2012, 08:07 AM
Is a FOnewm a good choice for solo play?
Is the FOnewm the best Force in PSZ?
is a force stronger than a Hunter?

Maybe i will make a FOnewm as my first char.
The second will be a RAcast or a Hunter. Idk :/

Merm
Jan 9, 2012, 10:07 AM
It depends what you mean by best Force. FOnewm's are the best overall nuker, since they have boosts to every single attack technique.

And Forces do more damage than a Hunter endgame, iirc.

PlinderD
Jan 9, 2012, 12:06 PM
All Forces are amazing at solo. The only real difference between the 4 is that FOmars get 15% damage bonus with Foie, Barta and Zonde, FOnewms get 10% with all Attack Techs, FOmarls get a 30% bonus with Grants, FOnewearls get 30% with Megid. Oh and there's PP Regen for the Newmen, but if you're going rampage around in solo mode with attack techs, FOnewms and FOnewearls will still use Fluids.

A FOnewearl using Razonde will still kill bosses in record time on her own even in online Super Hard. FOnewms and FOmars just do it a bit quicker.

Roger Triton
Jan 9, 2012, 12:17 PM
I learned a lot from this thread. Very helpful!
I like to play a game to win, and also to enjoy it. Def want a character that will help me win more often than lose.

XxGoregrinderxX
Jan 9, 2012, 12:38 PM
Oh yeah thanks guys.
Ive made a FOnewm and hes just AWESOME!
He is at Level 10.
Thanks again.

hm now i must decide which race my second char will be :D

Norco
Jan 9, 2012, 12:38 PM
All Forces are amazing at solo. The only real difference between the 4 is that FOmars get 15% damage bonus with Foie, Barta and Zonde, FOnewms get 10% with all Attack Techs, FOmarls get a 30% bonus with Grants, FOnewearls get 30% with Megid. Oh and there's PP Regen for the Newmen, but if you're going rampage around in solo mode with attack techs, FOnewms and FOnewearls will still use Fluids.

A FOnewearl using Razonde will still kill bosses in record time on her own even in online Super Hard. FOnewms and FOmars just do it a bit quicker.
I will have to correct you there sir.

FOmar: 20% boost to Foie, Barta, Zonde, Rafoie, Rabarta, and Razonde.
FOnewm: 15% boost to ALL attack techniques and 30% reduction to Resta.
FOmarl: 25% boost to Grants and 30% boost to Resta.
FOnewearl: 25% boost to Megid and 30% boost to Resta.

The difference between forces are the same though, so no harm done xD

Link1275
Jan 9, 2012, 02:59 PM
On the matter of not being able to play online there is have a solution to that as long as you have a compatible computer: http://www.planex.net/product/wireless/gw-usnano.htm; http://www.amazon.com/PLANEX-Wireless-N-Adapter-GW-USNano-designed/dp/B003EIJ1R8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_T1?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3SKHUJ5L6CU56&colid=WQ2FPM6B6A9C . Also the NDS cards are only WEP compatible, so even if one has a DSI or 3DS you have to have a wep connection.