PDA

View Full Version : Game Which upcoming 2012 games you planing to get?

Sexy_Raine
Jan 10, 2012, 01:09 AM
Right now here's what I'm looking forward to. I'll also list the maybe games.

Getting:
Soul Calibur V
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Atelier Meruru
Jak & Daxter Collection
Hyperdimension mk2 (Almost done platinuming the first)
Ninokuni
Bioshock Infinite
The Last of Us (possible 2012)

Maybe:
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (I'm not convinced yet)
Dragon's Dogma (need to see more footage)
Silent Hill Downpour ( haven't been paying attention to it, will probably wait for reviews)
Playstation Vita: Too many games I want that are coming around Feb. Might wait till after E3 before I decide to get it.

BIG OLAF
Jan 10, 2012, 01:17 AM
Soul Calibur V
Diablo III
PSO2
Borderlands 2
Mass Effect 3

Can't really think of any others that catch my interest off the top of my head.

Xefi
Jan 10, 2012, 01:22 AM
i'm thinking of getting all of these for now.

Tales of Graces f
Soul Calibur V
Tekken Tag 2
Atelier Meruru
Hyperdimension mk2
Street Fighter x Tekken (PC ver.)
Diablo 3
Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend (PS3 ver.)
Warriors Orochi 3 (hopefully, the NA ver. will comes out before 2013)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (if it doesn't suck too much)

and....i guess those are it. :cat:

Ceresa
Jan 10, 2012, 01:39 AM
Definite:
Fortune Summoners (25$ for this is fucking robbery but the demo hooked me)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (ooh limited edition)
Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 (ooh limited edition)
Tales of the Abyss (hurray a version without load times)
The Last Story (overhyped operation rainfall trash... need it anyways)
Tales of Graces (hope they pull through with Code Geass and Miku DLC)
Grand Knight's History (hated Odin Sphere and Muramasa but the art is so nice)
Atelier Meruru (ooh limited edition)
Diablo 3
Pandora Tower (overhyped operation rainfall trash... need it anyways)
Shining Blade (looks so good, shame SoA hates Shining)
Final Fantasy Type 0 (should be out this year)

Maybe:
PSO2 (ps3 ver for sure)
Dragon's Dogma (haven't been following it much, but capcom doesn't really make bad games...just bad decisions)
Black Rock Shooter (no limited edition physical release sucks, don't care much for the universe either)
Ni No Kuni (White Knight Chronicles 2 is the worst rpg ever made, consistent with level 5's tireless quest to outshit their latest shit console game, so I'm pretty wary of giving them yet another chance, art style is gorgeous though)

Alnet
Jan 10, 2012, 02:01 AM
Definitely
Phantasy Star Online 2
Armored Core V

Maybe
Soul Calibur V
Dragon's Crown

I'm not 100% sure when these games are coming out, I'll likely know at/around the time of release.

Heskett
Jan 10, 2012, 02:26 AM
So far:

Soul Calibur V
The Darkness II
Mass Effect 3
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Halo 4
PSO2

Keilyn
Jan 10, 2012, 02:27 AM
Right now here's what I'm looking forward to. I'll also list the maybe games.

Getting:
Soul Calibur V
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Atelier Meruru
Jak & Daxter Collection
Hyperdimension mk2 (Almost done platinuming the first)
Ninokuni
Bioshock Infinite
The Last of Us (possible 2012)

Maybe:
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (I'm not convinced yet)
Dragon's Dogma (need to see more footage)
Silent Hill Downpour ( haven't been paying attention to it, will probably wait for reviews)
Playstation Vita: Too many games I want that are coming around Feb. Might wait till after E3 before I decide to get it.

Hi Raine.

For me its FF13-2. Probably the new Armored Core because I didn't like some aspects of AC 4, and hope they fix things in AC V.

Guild Wars II (if it comes out in 2012 and I will be making a guild in that game from the start)

Finally, since I was a fan and truly knew the story inside and out....If it comes out in Summer 2012, promising Free to Play Online Play, then definitely Mechwarrior Online.

Neith
Jan 10, 2012, 08:59 AM
PSO2 (obviously)
Diablo III (I have to say though, I can't see me enjoying it as much as D2)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Guild Wars 2 (maybe, I liked the first but not convinced by what I've seen so far)

Probably loads I'm forgetting to be honest.

joefro
Jan 10, 2012, 08:59 AM
BioShock Infinite
Borderlands 2
Diablo III
Halo 4
Black Ops 2 (or whatever Treyarch is making)

Slidikins
Jan 10, 2012, 10:02 AM
So far:
Soul Calibur V
Mass Effect 3
PSO2

Those are the three big ones on the list. In 2011 I seem to have moved over to more indie titles, plus I have a long list of games I still need to play through. Soul Calibur V I'll get when it comes out because I need to stay on top of the competitive scene. Mass Effect 3 I'm looking forward to but will probably wait on getting.

And there's no way I'm missing out on PSO2. Other than that, not really looking forward to anything in particular.

Rashiid
Jan 10, 2012, 11:16 AM
Mass Effect 3
Luigi's Mansion 2
Paper Mario 3DS (whatever the official name will be)
Tales of Graces F
PSO2 (if we get it in ENGLISH MUTHAFUCKA)
FFXIII-2
Kingdom Hearts 3D
That Pokemon game for DS that looks like a tactics game. Not many details but I believe at least Japan is getting it this year. I'll get it one way or another.
Rhythm Fever (curious of what the Japanese songs sound like in English)

And, most anticipated:

Borderlands 2.

Outrider
Jan 10, 2012, 11:36 AM
Definitely:

Mass Effect 3
Xenoblade Chronicles (Actually already paid for this through Nintendo's online store.)

Maybe:
Resident Evil Revelations
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Halo 4
Diablo III
Lollipop Chainsaw
Paper Mario 3DS
Pikmin Wii U
Probably some other Wii U launch titles

Definitely Maybe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSEWR45zN3s

Kaji Motomiya
Jan 10, 2012, 02:26 PM
I'm not really anticipating any games currently announced at the moment EXCEPT Tales of Graces f for the PS3. And I can't say Kingdom Hearts 3Ds for the 3DS until we get a US release date.

BIG OLAF
Jan 10, 2012, 02:46 PM
Oh, forgot about Borderlands 2 and Mass Effect 3. I'll throw those onto my list.

Sexy_Raine
Jan 10, 2012, 10:57 PM
Hi Raine.

For me its FF13-2. Probably the new Armored Core because I didn't like some aspects of AC 4, and hope they fix things in AC V.

Guild Wars II (if it comes out in 2012 and I will be making a guild in that game from the start)

Finally, since I was a fan and truly knew the story inside and out....If it comes out in Summer 2012, promising Free to Play Online Play, then definitely Mechwarrior Online.

Hey Keilyn. :D

I see a lot quite a bit PSO2 here, but sadly I'm really not anticipating it at all. Thanks to Sega's lousy treatment of the North American audience for PSU when compared JP, I still hold bitter feelings towards them and refuse to deal with their bullshit. I feel they may do the same thing for PSO2.

I'll wait for everyone's feedback and visit the PSO2 board 2 to 3 months after it's released. If I see that everyone says it's really good, then maybe I'll consider making my grand return to the Phantasy Star scene but I won't be doing any intense grinding like I did for PSU; getting too old for that. Doesn't feel right playing this at 29, I have other things in my life to worry about.

NoiseHERO
Jan 10, 2012, 11:00 PM
PSO2...

If it keeps me interested like PSU did, then I won't need any other game for another 3-5 years.

Otherwise it depends on how interesting Nintendo is, and if any good RPGs still come out on whatever SONY... thingie...

Do still want a 3DS though.

Tetsaru
Jan 11, 2012, 12:43 AM
Dunno if all of these are planned for 2012 or if I'll even get all of them, but I'm at least somewhat interested in the following:

Phantasy Star Online 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Final Fantasy XIV Online 2.0
Soul Calibur 5
Armored Core 5
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
The Last Guardian
Diablo III
Guild Wars 2
Starhawk
Darksiders 2
Xenoblade Chronicles
Tales of Graces F

...and any new info on the Wii U.

Buuuuuut... still saving up for the PC right now... ><

blace
Jan 11, 2012, 01:00 AM
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Armored Core V
Soul Calibur V
Guild Wars 2
Metal Gear Rising: Revegeance

Most anticipated being the top of the list. Whatever hype PSO 2 had on me has long died, long before the alpha.

darkante
Jan 11, 2012, 01:05 AM
Resident Evil: Revelation & Operation Raccon City (Looks pretty cool. My bro always insisted on me trying them out so i will. Hell he got me 5 and i havenīt touched it since ever, haha )
PSO 2 (Droolls)
Devil May Cry 5 (Not to fond of this kid replacing Dante, but the gameplay seems as cool as usual so a buy for me)
The Last Story (Seems decent, mostly i will get just because of a friend insisted)
Paper Mario 3DS (i do LOOOVE my Paper Mario..but not the Wii version..less rpg and more plattforming no tyvm)
Luigi Mansion 2 (Love the first one, but heck i can still not best the Hard mode final boss)
Diablo 3 (It were a long time ago i played a Diablo game, but i remembered them as pretty fun and do like hack & slash rpgs)
Borderlands 2 (Eager! Celshaded FPS RPG ftw)
Metal Gear Rising: Revegeance (DMC wannabe? Gib)
Torchlight 2 (Pretty eager here)

They are not really ordered in preferance so take it as you see.

Keilyn
Jan 11, 2012, 01:06 AM
Hey Keilyn. :D

I see a lot quite a bit PSO2 here, but sadly I'm really not anticipating it at all. Thanks to Sega's lousy treatment of the North American audience for PSU when compared JP, I still hold bitter feelings towards them and refuse to deal with their bullshit. I feel they may do the same thing for PSO2.

I'll wait for everyone's feedback and visit the PSO2 board 2 to 3 months after it's released. If I see that everyone says it's really good, then maybe I'll consider making my grand return to the Phantasy Star scene but I won't be doing any intense grinding like I did for PSU; getting too old for that. Doesn't feel right playing this at 29, I have other things in my life to worry about.

I am 31 years old and I still play video games. Just don't let games become such an addiction that you don't get anything done. Also, its nice to chat once in a while. I love chatting online with people I trust, but to those I don't know or trust I tend to stay silent around them and just do what I need to do.

I don't trust SoA when it comes to PSO/PSU due to their actions. The older you get, the more the quality of the game actually matters as well as its innovation. A good friend also helps in a game too. If you ever feel like jumping through a game together, you can contact me by PM. There is also steam.

I remember the past and you were not a bad person at all.

Its hard finding people my own age these days. Most of the people I know are either a lot older than me or a lot younger. Few are around my age and are hard-headed.

Mantiskilla
Jan 11, 2012, 01:40 AM
I am 31 years old and I still play video games.
Heck yeah I'm 33 and still play games quite a bit. Contract work can mean lots of freetime so there ya go haha

I'm more or less just upgrading my racing rig as PC has a lot of good racing sims coming out this year (rFactor 2, Auto Club Revolution, C.A.R.S., to name a few).

My List

(2) 24" Monitors - Planned on doing this last year but never really had the opportunity to do so. Might end up having to buy 3 new ones so I can have them all the same
Racing Wheel Setup - Basically the one I have right now is really old and doesn't have the newer functions for nicer racing wheel controllers
Ridge Racer Unbounded (PS3) (RR Fan so obvious choice here)
PSO2 (PC) (if or when it comes out stateside)

NoiseHERO
Jan 11, 2012, 01:46 AM
I'm surprised more people are worried about that stuff with their PSU and their ignored PSO mistakes.

I'm just gonna play on the JP server until I'm sure the english speaking ones are safe.

And just to play the game first.

Also dang I wanna get into driving games... Real cars are expensive.

FOkyasuta
Jan 15, 2012, 02:14 AM
Capcom Vs. Snk 3: Battle of the Ages 2012

[SPOILER-BOX]http://scrawlfx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/CvsSNK3-Scan.jpgI think i just died a bit inside...[/SPOILER-BOX]

NoiseHERO
Jan 15, 2012, 04:38 AM
Capcom Vs. Snk 3: Battle of the Ages 2012

[SPOILER-BOX]http://scrawlfx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/CvsSNK3-Scan.jpgI think i just died a bit inside...[/SPOILER-BOX]

Wait was this that really old rumor or something? Or did this get announced? @_@

This would be the only street fighter game I'd willingly get into, after loving 1 and 2(mostly 2, only rented 1) on the Dreamcast.

FOkyasuta
Jan 15, 2012, 10:42 AM
Wait was this that really old rumor or something? Or did this get announced? @_@

This would be the only street fighter game I'd willingly get into, after loving 1 and 2(mostly 2, only rented 1) on the Dreamcast.

Could be, but we'd have to wait to see. You know how company's are these days.
*cough*cancellinginalphastage*cough*

Rashiid
Jan 15, 2012, 10:51 AM
From what I've seen over the net, it was just a April Fool's joke/fake. That thing is dated back at 2006. Chromehounds is mentioned in that same article, which....is an old ass game, lol.

FOkyasuta
Jan 15, 2012, 11:06 AM
Oh right. Guess thats what happens when you browse the internets when tired.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jan 15, 2012, 12:15 PM
1. The Last Guardian (PLEEEEEAAAAASE RELEASE SOOOOON!)
2. Wii U
3. Pikmin 3 (probably being released this year but not confirmed)
4. Wii U launch titles list
5. Xenoblade Chronicles
after that no particular order:

Tales of the Abyss 3D
Luigi's Mansion 2
Dakrsiders 2 (maybe)
Resident Evil: Revelations
Crush 3D (maybe)
Tales of Graces F

Zyrusticae
Jan 15, 2012, 03:18 PM
Soul Calibur V and PSO2. The latter I'm still not convinced is necessarily going to release on our shores in 2012, however.

And also Blade & Soul, which has the same caveat as PSO2.

Sucks to be a fan of foreign-made games...

Randomness
Jan 15, 2012, 03:36 PM
XIII-2
Graces f
Abyss (3DS release, convenient for being on campus)
Xenoblade chronicles
Mass Effect 3
SMT: Devil Survivor 2

A ton of things I can't think of right now.

NoiseHERO
Jan 15, 2012, 06:27 PM
From what I've seen over the net, it was just a April Fool's joke/fake. That thing is dated back at 2006. Chromehounds is mentioned in that same article, which....is an old ass game, lol.

Yeah... knew it, I remember looking this up a year ago and being disappointed.

The internet may ruin a lot of suspence when waiting for a game. But at least hoax's don't mess with kid's heads as much...

I remember that thing about it being possible to unlock characters like sonic and megaman in brawl. I played infinite melee on the hardest difficulty for hours. ;o;

Rashiid
Jan 15, 2012, 09:18 PM
You mean Melee? Sonic is in Brawl, lol. (And Megaman with the right hacks, mwahahaha).

I did Cruel Melee in Melee too for Sonic/Tails, was so disappointed. Took me two weeks of spamming Pikachu's Thunder to finally beat 25 enemies.

NoiseHERO
Jan 15, 2012, 10:06 PM
You mean Melee? Sonic is in Brawl, lol. (And Megaman with the right hacks, mwahahaha).

I did Cruel Melee in Melee too for Sonic/Tails, was so disappointed. Took me two weeks of spamming Pikachu's Thunder to finally beat 25 enemies.

Ugh, did I type brawl instead of melee again?

But yeah this was WAY before brawl. Back when the Sonic vs Mario obsession was still a fanboy daydream.

Forgot what I did though, think I tried to camp with mewtwo in one of the infinite melee's, in cruel melee I just got wasted though...

McLaughlin
Jan 15, 2012, 10:19 PM
Fo' sho:

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm: Generations
Tales of Graces F
Armored Core V
Mass Effect 3
FFXIII-2
Edit: Xenoblade Chronicles. Knew I would forget one. Probably also the 3DS remake of Tales of the Abyss.

Maybe:

Soul Calibur V
RE: Operation Raccoon City

I'm probably unaware of a few games, and some others I don't know the release dates for (Halo 4, the new Devil May Cry).

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jan 15, 2012, 11:04 PM
it's awesome to see so many people want Xenoblade, it looks like it'll do well, hopefully that means more localizations in the future.

Kent
Jan 16, 2012, 04:17 PM
it's awesome to see so many people want Xenoblade, it looks like it'll do well, hopefully that means more localizations in the future.
Well, it makes sense - the Wii userbase has been starved for games that are even half-decent (i.e. non-shovelware) for a very long time now - they'll maybe get one or two "good" games a year, whereas the other platforms are seeing all sorts of great games as a relatively-common occurrance. From the looks of things, it appears to be a problem that the 3DS is already running into, though it doesn't currently have any rival platform(s) outside of Japan, unless you're counting smartphones.

I'm looking forward to playing the game eventually, though I probably won't be getting it at launch. The comparisons made to the best game in the Final Fantasy series (which is XII, for the record) really piques my interest in it. There are other things that take priority though - like FFXIII-2, Revengeance, Diablo III, Anarchy Reigns, and, of course, upcoming game of the year Borderlands 2.

Zantra
Jan 23, 2012, 06:38 AM
Mass Effect 3, Soul Calibur 5, Street Fighter x Tekken, PSO2 (if it comes out this year)

Tetsaru
Jan 23, 2012, 05:48 PM
I think I'd like to add Kingdoms of Amalur to my list.

Kismet
Feb 2, 2012, 03:31 PM
In no particular order:

- PSO2 (if it comes out this year, which I kinda doubt)
- Mass Effect 3
- Soul Calibur 5
- Guild Wars 2
- Borderlands 2 (if it isn't just a bland rehash of the first game that offers nothing new)
- Blade & Soul
- Bioshock Infinite
- Paper Mario 3DS (maybe)
- Silent Hill Downpour (maybe)
- Dragon's Dogma (maybe)
- The Last Guardian (maybe)
- God Eater 2 (if it gets localized it won't be until way later, and I even doubt that the JP ver will be out this year, but I'll definitely play the demo when it comes out)

Sha Sha
Feb 2, 2012, 11:19 PM
Warriors Orochi 3
and
the New Suikoden
OH GOD PLEASE MAKE IT COME OVERSEAS!

Katrina
Feb 3, 2012, 08:25 AM
Kingdom's of Amalur - Reckoning

The_Pup
Feb 4, 2012, 02:08 AM
Resident Evil: Revelations (in a couple of days)
Monster Hunter 3G (hoping 3G gets localized)
Monster Hunter 4
Devil Survivor 2

Short list. Don't have a good PC so those titles are out.

chrisramar
Feb 5, 2012, 02:07 PM
resident evil 6 , aliens colonial marines , next cod game , next battlefield game all xbox

Tetsaru
Feb 5, 2012, 02:59 PM
Dragon's Dogma looks pretty cool too. Gonna be a while before I get any new console games, though...