PDA

View Full Version : Guide Mag Quirks

Atbar
Jan 11, 2012, 07:21 PM
I have decided to write this guide of Mag Quirks to help with beginners to PSZ with mag building. I find myself having to explain how mag building works a lot to warrant a guide where I can just refer people to for future reference.

Mag Feeding:

Feed your mag the following to boost stats. There are more things you can feed the mag, however, I usually stick with feeding my mags the following:

Power=hunter weapons, HP mats, pow mats
Hit=ranger weapons, hit mats, swift mats
Guard=armor, slot units, guard mats
Mind=force weapons, mind mats, PP mats

I should note Chaosmaster figured out what stats increase with materials so credit goes to him there for that.

More detailed mag feeding guide posted on PSO-World: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2599

Mag Tiers:

You begin with a Tier 1 basic mag.

At level 10, the mag will evolve to Tier 2. The most dominant stat will determine its first form. You will receive a pre-determined mag nature.

At level 30, the mag will evolve again to Tier 3. If it has only one stat, then that will be its form. If it has more than one stat, then whatever the primary stat and the secondary stat will determine its form. A mag with pure stats will change right now if you put a point in elsewhere.

At level 60, the mag will evolve again to tier 4 mag. The mag can change every 10th level if you mess with the primary and secondary stats enough. You will receive an advanced nature. If the mag is still tier 3 at level 60, it will still receive an advanced mag nature.

More detailed mag nature guide: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2604

Nick'O Demus posted a method to determine mag natures before level 10. Click here to see it: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2705371&postcount=66

If any two stats are the same, then the mag will not change forms when it's supposed to.

There are rare mag souls you can feed a mag and it will change form. The mag souls are mostly for aesthetic reasons.

Mag Photon Blasts:

I should note when your mag reaches level 10, it will have a Photon Blast and a gauge will start filling while on a run. You can control what photon blast you will receive when your mag reaches level 60 where the secondary stat determines the Photon Blast. If a mag has only one stat then the primary stat will determine the Photon Blast.

If Power meets the criteria above, you will receive Granir. It does direct damage and has a heaven element which may inflict instant death which mostly occurs on small enemies.

If Hit meets the critieria above, you will receive Pacifial. It does direct damage and will stun the enemies (doesn't work on bosses).

If Guard meets the criteria above, you will receive Midgul. It grants Shifta and Deband greater than a Force's Shifta 15 and Deband 15. It will debuff enemies too except most bosses are immune to Midgul's debuffs (it works on Humilias though).

If Mind meets the criteria above, you will receive Flozir. It grants unlimited PP. It also does other things which I'll explain a moment.

All Photon Blasts have a greater effect when two to four people add to the Photon Blast. Flozir works differently in this fashion:

2 people= Unlimited PP + Shorter charge time for Photon Arts/charged version of Techs
3 people= Above + All hits are critical hits
4 people= Above + Invincibility

4-way Flozir and Midgul are the most preferred in parties in online because they can destroy bosses very, very quick. Granir and Pacifal doesn't do much for damage on SH so most people avoid using them.

To use Photon Blast, when the gauge is fill, hit L +R and a circle will appear around your character and then let go to active. Your character will vanish for a moment and the PB animation will then play. You can continue holding L + R until other party members contribute. They can contribute by walking into the circle and hold L+R.

All Paru Mags will have a Photon Blast that cannot be changed.

More detailed mag evolution mag and what Photon Blast they each get (also, what I using before figuring out mag tiers and Photon Blasts) : http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2602

Link1275
Jan 11, 2012, 09:32 PM
Good work, it's a nice guide. Does anyone now what the chances of getting it stickied are?

Chaos Rappy
Jan 11, 2012, 09:45 PM
Oh, this is nice. I would like to add one MORE thing I found out about raising mags, way back before I even did the material testing stuff (ALSO, just to note: Reset Materials lower the "experience gauges" for all stats a mag has, but will not lower the level, as usual, and is the only item you can feed a mag that not only DOESN'T increase any stat, but also decreases all of them): Raising "aesthetically optimal" mags, which I will soon post here in my own topic so I don't clog YOUR topic with my own unsummarized text. ;P

(Also rated 5[] to help get it noticed. ;P)

Nymeria
Jan 12, 2012, 11:07 AM
Very nice.

I rated both yours and Chaos' mag threads 5stars ^_^

Nick O'Demus
Jan 12, 2012, 01:57 PM
Another useless but interesting mag quirk:

You can keep a mag at it's Tier 1 form all the way up to level 100. Just feed it nothing but Grinders, which raise all stats evenly. You'll end with a level 100 base-form Mag with 25/25/25/25 stats, no PB, and ??? still as the personality.

Like I said; useless, but interesting. :-P

Link1275
Jan 12, 2012, 08:51 PM
Another useless but interesting mag quirk:

You can keep a mag at it's Tier 1 form all the way up to level 100. Just feed it nothing but Grinders, which raise all stats evenly. You'll end with a level 100 base-form Mag with 25/25/25/25 stats, no PB, and ??? still as the personality.

Like I said; useless, but interesting. :-P
Not entirely useless if you want a completely balanced mag for some reason it's very useful(I know I I like one when it comes to PSO mags).

Chaos Rappy
Jan 12, 2012, 08:51 PM
Wasn't I the one that proved that one correct a long time ago, back when I had just found out about the thing my mag growth guide was about? :P

Not entirely useless if you want a completely balanced mag for some reason it's very useful(I know I I like one when it comes to PSO mags).

I think most people would find it useless since it has no PB (meaning no chance to contribute online to chain PB's), and no Nature (meaning it will never give you benefits like free Anti's/Reverser/Shifta/Deband/HP or PP heals)... but, to each their own, I guess. :P

Link1275
Jan 12, 2012, 09:06 PM
Wasn't I the one that proved that one correct a long time ago, back when I had just found out about the thing my mag growth guide was about? :P

I think most people would find it useless since it has no PB (meaning no chance to contribute online to chain PB's), and no Nature (meaning it will never give you benefits like free Anti's/Reverser/Shifta/Deband/HP or PP heals)... but, to each their own, I guess. :P
If all you want is a quick stat boost then it's perfect. If you want the other stuff then it's useless. Honestly though mags were created for the purpose of giving a stat boost.

The_Pup
Jan 13, 2012, 12:35 AM
Here to add:

Buying mags at the Photon Trader: If you buy multiple mags at the same time from the trader, they will all have the same nature.

Atbar
Jan 13, 2012, 12:41 AM
Here to add:

Buying mags at the Photon Trader: If you buy multiple mags at the same time from the trader, they will all have the same nature.

I think the same holds true if you make repeatedly make a dummy character to dump a blank mag into the joint trunk and then delete said dummy character in a short period of time.

Nick O'Demus
Jan 13, 2012, 02:02 AM
If all you want is a quick stat boost then it's perfect. If you want the other stuff then it's useless. Honestly though mags were created for the purpose of giving a stat boost.

In that case, you'd probably be better off going one point higher on one of the stats (and one point lower on another, like 26/25/25/24). You'd still get the balanced stats, plus a PB and personality.

Atbar
Jan 23, 2012, 07:04 PM
In that case, you'd probably be better off going one point higher on one of the stats (and one point lower on another, like 26/25/25/24). You'd still get the balanced stats, plus a PB and personality.

Definitely a good idea, though you can just add 25 in all stats one at a time. This would get you whatever mag design and photon blast you want.