PDA

View Full Version : Guide Combat-Optimized Aesthetic Mag Growth

Chaos Rappy
Jan 11, 2012, 10:14 PM
Just a guide to help those who are unaware of my discovery of a certain aspect of mag development I found out over a year ago about how to raise mags suitable for your combat styles while still appealing to you with their looks, such as a Hagal mag whose highest stat is Power, like myself! Simply follow this guide and you'll be in a much more comfortable mindset for making mags who not only look cool, but can also be built around your own style of battle instead of having to force you to take a hit to your performance just for that mag to look badass! ;D

~~~

Simply find the mag you want to raise at the link here (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2602), and remember what the stats math you needed to make it (such as "Mind > Power", or "Hit > Guard").

(For this guide, remember that the "Primary" stat is the one on the left of the " > ", and the "Secondary" stat is the one on the right! "Non-essential stats" are the stats that are not listed in the inequation for the mag you wish to raise [such as Power or Mind for Hagal].)

In this first example, we'll use Hit > Guard, for a Hagal mag, which you would like to raise up for a Power-Hunter, so you want Power to be its highest stat, not Guard or Hit.

First, you take the mag you wish to raise to this Hagal; you can either buy a fresh, blank one from the Photon Drop Trader, or find one in Paru. Either one will work, but for this case (the Hagal with high Power), you WILL need the mag to have 21 or less Hit, 20 or less Guard, and/or 19 or less Power. Once you have the mag you need, simply raise it to level 60 with its stats as such:

19 Power
20 Guard
21 Hit
0 Mind

Once it hits level 60, it'll become a Hagal. Awesome, you got the mag you wanted! Now, how about keeping it that way to level 100, and trying to make Power really high? Well, it's simple! Make its "secondary" stat (in this case, Guard) EQUAL to its "primary" stat (in this case, Hit). The mag will be at level 61 with the following stats:

19 Power
21 Guard
21 Hit
0 Mind

Now, from here, you go all out on Power without worry. What makes the stats so special to its growth? I'll tell you: since its "primary" and "secondary" stats are equal to each other, it can no longer belong to any single stat equation, and the game will not be able to force it to evolve again unless the balance is broken! So, basically, you can raise its Power stat all the way to 58 without having to worry about it becoming something like a Urado (Power > Guard) or Wyn (Power > Hit)!

~~

Another example of using this growth method: raising a mag whose "secondary stat" you would like to be its highest stat. In this case, I'll use a "Power > Mind" Chato.

Following the same steps above, obtain the mag you wish to use whose "primary" stat does not exceed 21 and "secondary" stat does not exceed 20, nor either other stat exceeding 19. In this case, you'll want to have a mag at level 41 that becomes this:

21 Power
0 Guard
0 Hit
20 Mind

At that point, you can either raise Guard or Hit to level 19, depending on whichever stat you intend to get the most use of (for this example, we'll use Hit). At level 60, you should raise the mag to become a beautiful Chato with the following stats:

21 Power
0 Guard
19 Hit
20 Mind

In this example, though, you must raise NOT the secondary stat to equal its primary, but may simply raise the "non-essential" stat to equal its "primary" stat; its Hit will equal its Power, which will make the mag level 62 with the following stats:

21 Power
0 Guard
21 Hit
20 Mind

Now that its "primary" stat equals another of the "non-essential" stats in the inequation, you can therefore raise its "secondary" stat (Mind) all the way safely to 58 without fear of it evolving again, similarly to the Hagal mentioned above!

~~~

Note that these examples are really only specific cases. So long as any two stats on a mag are equal, the game will not allow it to evolve again (so long as the mag in question is Tier 3 or above, and is NOT originally intended to be a pure-stat mag, like Niid or Thohn). You can raise mags however you want to after that is accomplished, with no fears of the mag evolving out of the way you want it to look!

Hopefully we'll be seeing a lot more mags raised for aesthetic purposes here in PSZ! I know there's a lot of cool mags who are left unraised due to the fact that their stat inequations make them usually unreliable to raise for most peoples' combat preferences, and thanks to this method of mag raising, you can pretty much forget about all that stuff!

Happy hunting! ;D

Link1275
Jan 11, 2012, 11:40 PM
As soon as I get this game first mag I'm making is a Hagal with this little exploit to make it better, well at least on my force that is(always thought that one in PSOBB that looks similar looked great with FOmars).

Atbar
Jan 12, 2012, 04:06 AM
I do know this trick works, though I did for a Urado that has 58 hit, 21 power, and 21 guard. I'm not sure if I still have that mag on hand.

Nymeria
Jan 12, 2012, 10:57 AM
So cool! Thanks, Chaos ~♥

Link1275
Oct 22, 2012, 11:48 PM
Sorry to bump a 9 month old thread, but is there a way to get a pow/hit Hagal, or any other decent looking mag(preferably with midgul/flozir)?

Chaos Rappy
Oct 23, 2012, 01:10 AM
Same method as posted: pick your mag, the stat you want, and then go for it. Remember to have that whole "two stats must be 21 at level 61/62" thing and you'll be golden.

For a Power/Hit Hagal, if you intend to raise both stats really high, then the only option is to raise them at the same rate (feed melee/ranged until both POW/HIT EXP is same length, feed grinder to level both at same time, then feed Reset Material(s) to lower all stat EXP to zero, rinse, and repeat until mag is level 100.

The best Hagal you can get with that is a 40/40/20 Pow/Hit/Guard Hagal, if at level 60 it has 21/20/19 Hit/Guard/Pow, and you raise Pow to 21, then use the melee/ranged weapon combo with grinders until levelup, then lower all stat exp to zero with Reset mats, then keep the cycle going.