PDA

View Full Version : Old player.. is it worth returning?

Ubwaa!
Jan 12, 2012, 12:52 PM
Hey guys, new forum member (followed this site for a LONG time), old player.. :) I have a few questions that I was hoping some of you can help me with.

First of all, I am from the UK, and I only played PSU on the Xbox 360. I cancelled my sub for PSU online in late 2010/early 2011, and after seeing PSO2 videos, i've really gotten into a PSO/PSU mood again.

Sooooooo..

- is it worth returning and paying the monthly sub? If so, why?

- I assume character data is kept? I had a few high levels, and don't want to return if I have to start from scratch.

- did they update the non JP servers with new items, gear etc? Mainly, the Soul Eater?

- is White Beast still the only mission people really play? T_T

I think I forgot a question or two (lol), but these are my top 4 questions anyway. Thanks for any help :)

redroses
Jan 12, 2012, 01:21 PM
Hello Ubwaa,

I can't answer all of your questions but I will try.

I do not play on the Xbox360 servers, but I often visit the official PSU forums, so I somewhat know how is there. From what I heard, the servers still suffer badly from lag, also there seem to be a lot of scammers lately (and it seems that SEGA doesn't take any actions against them). Updates come slow, but faster(?) then before, and if I am not mistaken there is currently an event going on.

A lot of the new items that appear on the JP version of PSU won't(and doesn't get added) be added to the Xbox servers, they instead use old weapon models and give them new stats and weird names.
They did add the Soul Eater, but you won't be able to get that weapon anymore as it was an event reward and is account bound.

For me, but keep in mind that I am playing on the JP servers, I would say it is not worth rejoining the Xbox servers, there is just too much wrong with them. And eventhough everybody pays their monthly sub they just get way worse costumer service. They have lag, won't get a lot of the new items, most likely won't get new photon arts, technics and clothes, there are scammers nobody takes care about and other small things.
Of course, this is all just my opionion, you could always resubscribe for one month and see how everything is. Your characters will still be there!

BIG OLAF
Jan 12, 2012, 03:02 PM
No, it's really not worth returning, to be honest. Lackluster updates, as redroses mentioned. Scammers, account phishers, and even the infamous nude picture sellers that we all came to know and love from the demo days have popped up recently, and SEGA does nothing about it. I'd say 97% of the community are either idiots or wretches.

Ubwaa!
Jan 12, 2012, 03:14 PM
This is unfortunate to hear, but I expected as much. I love the PS universe and some great times on this game, and it is a shame that my experience has to be ruined by the community and lack of love from the devs.

One more question.. I haven't really had the chance to dig up through threads, but is there any world yet on if PSO2 will be releasing outside Japan?

Thanks for the replies guys.

padiwac
Jan 12, 2012, 04:27 PM
If you do decide to check it out for yourself we have an event which ends on the 27th. It could be extended due to lag in the beginning but that was fixed last week. You can now renew and cancel your account online so getting back into the game is very easy.

bloodflowers
Jan 12, 2012, 04:29 PM
No word at all.

However, you'd be a fool to play a localised server if you decide to play PSO2. Learning Katakana is a small price to pay to avoid the inevitable re-run of PSUs life cycle and support in the US.

JCGamer
Jan 12, 2012, 05:37 PM
your best bet is psu jp and its free 2 play with more active group decent psu player that are willing help other player and only reason why psu on the 360 gone really bad cause lack of GM support, submit ticket to sega of america don't always work.

Ubwaa!
Jan 12, 2012, 05:51 PM
your best bet is psu jp and its free 2 play

This is on the pc or 360? And how would I go about playing JP PSU? I only have a laptop at the moment (but intend to get a custom high end gaming rig this year), which i'm sure could run PSU, though only at a low frame rate.

ashley50
Jan 12, 2012, 07:42 PM
it's PC.

JCGamer
Jan 12, 2012, 07:49 PM
This is on the pc or 360? And how would I go about playing JP PSU? I only have a laptop at the moment (but intend to get a custom high end gaming rig this year), which i'm sure could run PSU, though only at a low frame rate.^^ its for the pc and sorry i forgot to mention that part XD

ashley50
Jan 12, 2012, 08:19 PM
here's the latest thread that's recently made http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192669

Ubwaa!
Jan 12, 2012, 10:08 PM
Ok guys, thanks for all the help and making a new member feel welcome.

I'm gonna try setting up JP PSU and see how it goes.

JCGamer
Jan 12, 2012, 10:16 PM
and if u need bit more help u can also come here http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192522

thank to everyone on psoworld for there time and there help on there translation. and if u need help bit lvling let us know anyone from psu jp that are us/uk player willing help out when come to lvl up. just remember that being a free account no trade/drop/free rare mission but everything u can do ^^

redroses
Jan 13, 2012, 06:48 AM
If you need help with anything on PSU JP(info, tips, leveling) let me know and I will try my best to help you out and show you around!

Woeious
Jan 18, 2012, 08:17 PM
I just wanted to say,

"Ah... ... Ga... ... ..... Ubwaa!"

Ubwaa!
Jan 20, 2012, 12:34 AM
I just wanted to say,

"Ah... ... Ga... ... ..... Ubwaa!"

lol, brilliant! +9000 cool points for you, sir.

That gives me a good excuse to post this old classic now..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yjBxiRLu8I

OldCoot
Jan 20, 2012, 03:14 PM
Ok guys, thanks for all the help and making a new member feel welcome.

I'm gonna try setting up JP PSU and see how it goes.

I just did it a week or so ago and it isn't too bad. As others have stated I might need to learn Katakana now. :)

I am running free course right now and it is kind of difficult in that I don't have access to the PM or the first partner card. (I like to have partners to run with if I am going solo).

As far as the 360 version I have been back about 2 weeks and today is the first time I have seen someone openly selling gold bars for real cash. I have not seen the nude pics stuff around the busy parts of the day around the event, but it could be happening. The constant spam is there for weapons and gatchas, but this kind of stuff have always been there.

I just wanted to say it isn't as bad as some have stated, but the updates are just not there as with the JP version. Slow down is still there so beware of certain missions and Ra-techs.

Personally I am having a hard time switching over since I have hours and hours with leveled techs and skills and I just do not want to do all of that again. i might make a bigger jump if I knew more Japanese.

Vashyron
Jan 20, 2012, 03:51 PM
I am running free course right now and it is kind of difficult in that I don't have access to the PM or the first partner card. (I like to have partners to run with if I am going solo).

The NPC at the first floor elevators allows you to start the tutorial mission which you'd normally only be able to access from my room.

You can also can get even more cards trough story missions as normal.