PDA

View Full Version : FOnewearl tips?

zoulen
Jan 12, 2012, 11:34 PM
I've never really made a FOnewearl before, in fact... I've hardly ever made a Force in general for the original Phantasy Star Online. I usually make mages in every MMORPG I play but I've never taken on that serious in PSO. Is there anything I should know or is it all pretty simple? I'll have absolutely no funding and it'll only be played in offline single player, and split screen.

So, if anyone has any tips or any useful information feel free to let me know. :l

Serephim
Jan 13, 2012, 01:59 AM
They play like any other force. They're decently fast i guess. Learn to use your techniques smartly to conserve TP, which conserves MONEY, which is one of the most important parts of playing a force. No meseta = no fluids = no damage. But as long as u have that, you're gonna wreck as your spells increase.

Fonewearl excels in basic spells, so Foie, Zonde and Barta will be your strongest assets. She also has the highest MST, so you'll learn spells pretty fast.

Also, this isn't as important now as it'll be much later, but it is pretty important. Fonewearls have piercing Megid. When Fonewearl uses Megid, it'll hit an enemy and keep going (like barta) instead of stopping immediately. This makes her the best at using the spell when its at higher levels and becomes practical.

There is a weapon that allows other characters to do this...but its a rare, and isn't as convenient.

NegaTsukasa
Jan 13, 2012, 12:07 PM
If you Go FOnewearl you're best to stick with spell/Tech casting. but that's just an option. you can do what ever you want.

If you go the spell casting route (reccomended), and not the Meele route, You also might want to look into some Wand weapons. there are quite a few that 1up the abilities of your magic stats and spells. and since ATK on a FOnewearl is typically not anything to praise about, Wands can make up for in Tech power where the ATK power is lost. Plus, since FOnewearls have, naturally, extremely high magic-based stats, the upgrades from the wands can cause some serious damage. My little brother plays a FOnewearl and he creates murder on the field with his Techs when holding wands.

Pinkal is the ID, I believe, that recieves decent Wand drops.
A good wand to use, since they are best at normal level spells, is the Magical Piece or Twinkle Star I believe. Purplenuem has an easy time finding Magical Piece, which is a tad stronger in boosting Techs than Twinkle Star, on Ult with a Delsaber drop.

Also, the weapon Serephim is reffering to is the "Demonic Fork" a Rod which has auto Megid pierce.
I own one for my FOmar, but I don't favor Megid much. So the only real convenience I see fit for it is its special attack: which has near rifle range in attack.