PDA

View Full Version : My one day challenge.

Necha54
Jan 17, 2012, 07:20 PM
Alright so i started playing offline with a new hunter at around 4 am. I wanted to challenge my self to see how long it would take me with weapons and mags from another character. So i used a level 200 kama 142 power, gave him yamato, angry fist, suppress gun, and dragon slayer. It took me about 2 goin on 3 hours to beat normal. Took me about 4 hours for hard, then about 5 hours for very hard and now ultimate is right around the corner. Its surprised me how fast i had gone through a game that took me years to beat the first time around. How many vigorous Pso players have tried this? And how long did it take them?

zoulen
Jan 17, 2012, 10:32 PM
I've never really made it that far. I once had a character I played only split screen with, with an ex best friend and I made it to about 94, and he reached 88. His record still stands on his memory card but mine got corrupt. It seems odd to me that Hard mode would take longer than normal because IMO it always seemed to take a lot less time than normal and I don't really understand why, maybe it's because I'm used to different weapons rather than what you're using. I've always been stuck with a DB's saber on my Hunter until I managed to obtain a Double Cannon through the help of some friends and I'll tell you this much. Going from a DB's to a Cannon turns everything from being somewhat hard, to completely simple.

Next you should try a completely unfunded character, and try to race your way to the end of Ult. One of the biggest challenges I've ever set for myself was a character whom doesn't use Materials, or a Mag. Got through Vhard, but everything in Ult seemed to destroy me in seconds if I didn't use the trusty door trick.

Necha54
Jan 17, 2012, 10:43 PM
I have a level 200 force i use with out a mag. And a level 200 hunter which i only use only the oritagtio and zamba. I have actually never fund a double cannon nor have i actually seen one. My main weapons are yamato ande suppress gun. I have a ton of different weapons and a ton of odd useless weapons. And for me on hard mode it was longer cuz of darkfallz third form. And ultimate for my guy being a level 49 is quit hard and quit extreme.

SStrikerR
Jan 18, 2012, 12:35 AM
Yeah, there's really no challenge in giving yourself a strong mag and better equipment and then seeing how fast you can go. It's too easy, really. You should see how long it takes you to do it from scratch. It's much more fun that way, in my opinion. Maybe I'll try something similar to this one day when I'm bored, but I haven't before. I can't imagine it would take that long when everything dies in one hit.

Necha54
Jan 18, 2012, 02:03 AM
Not really much stronger just a alot more defense. I only used kama when i fought bosses but other than that i used a mag i found in normal. He was able to use yamato by the time he was in hard but i used a 4 slot frame with some normal kNightt powers and used grass assassins blades. But other than that i never really had any one hit kills.... Cause yamato is a pretty strong weapon with a small atp needed.

TrueChaos
Jan 18, 2012, 08:51 AM
only thing i can remember for my early days was the first time i did Ruins on Normal, it took 3 hours. now i can do it in about an hour

Necha54
Jan 18, 2012, 09:25 AM
Its still fun to travel through the entire game episode one and two......

NegaTsukasa
Jan 18, 2012, 10:16 AM
I created this one challenge for myself once. maybe I'll do it again some day. create a new character. name him/her "challenge or something" and try going as far as you can in the game with just the items you start with (optional: or what you find on the ground). you can't purchase anything from the shops.
I got as far as the mines on normal mode when I did that. now that was a challenge. X_X

Necha54
Jan 18, 2012, 10:37 AM
lol or try the ultimate ruins with no mag no armor or items just a basic green weapon.

SStrikerR
Jan 18, 2012, 10:59 PM
It's doable, but would take a painfully long time. I like Nega's idea though, not using the shops. I would definitely do that in co-op or something with a friend.

Necha54
Jan 18, 2012, 11:48 PM
Lol its sorta like challenge mode :P

Slidikins
Jan 19, 2012, 09:12 AM
Create a new character. name him/her "challenge or something" and try going as far as you can in the game with just the items you start with (optional: or what you find on the ground). you can't purchase anything from the shops.

Aside from MAG food, this is what I've always done until ~Lv100. After that I end up trading for mats/rares/techs with other players. The shops tend to sell things that coincidentally drop in the same area I'm playing, so I never felt the need to drop meseta on them.

psofan219
Feb 1, 2012, 05:08 PM
I've done this myself on GC, and reached Ultimate in just eight hours, LV6X, I believe I was a HUcast.

Then I boldly tried Ultimate on said HUcast and... well... got my arse kicked.

Von Jugel
Feb 1, 2012, 06:08 PM
I've done this myself on GC, and reached Ultimate in just eight hours, LV6X, I believe I was a HUcast.

Then I boldly tried Ultimate on said HUcast and... well... got my arse kicked.

Did that too with a HUcast recently and it took 11 hours. Beat VHard Falz on lvl41.