PDA

View Full Version : RE6 officially announced ["It's Raccoon City all over again!"]

GCoffee
Jan 19, 2012, 05:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmC1lZeQad4&feature=player_embedded

Coming November 20. Yup, looks like more Resident Gears of Evil action!

Rashiid
Jan 19, 2012, 06:00 PM
Looks fun. Hope someone on campus gets it so I can watch, possibly play if co-op. (looks like it will be)
Not a big RE fan but shooting things never gets old. For me, anyway.

FOkyasuta
Jan 19, 2012, 06:25 PM
Oh yay. Ive been waiting for this. Now to get it...
[spoiler-box]If i had a job to get $$$ from. =3= Aye.[/spoiler-box]

Outrider
Jan 19, 2012, 06:43 PM
Looks like they're going to try and offer gameplay that's split between RE4 and RE5 (with the RE5-style gameplay going even further into "generic third-person shooter" territory than before.)

I'm not thrilled by that, but RE5 was fun and I'm an RE nut, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it. At least it looks better than the truly awful-looking Operation Raccoon City.

The weird thing that I'm trying to figure out is when this game takes place. If it takes place 10 years after the Raccoon City event like Capcom is saying, then it's actually a prequel to RE5. Normally the RE sequels progress in chronological order (although RE3 technically takes place before and after RE2.)

Rashiid
Jan 19, 2012, 06:51 PM
Sounds like DMC timeline. Whatever excuse of a timeline that is.

SStrikerR
Jan 19, 2012, 09:06 PM
I can't wait for this. I'm hoping the co-op (assuming there is) is better than RE5's. It was fun, yet it never really feel like you needed it in combat or anything. It also looks scarier than RE5 was, which is a plus. There were a few eerie parts in 5, but overall it was kind of disappointing after how great 4 was. So hopefully capcom learned from 4 and 5 what people do and don't like, and toss in a few new things.

As for the timeline...in 5 when Chris and Sheva fight the gigante, Chris says "It looks like that thing from the Kennedy report" which doesn't exactly scream "Me and Leon know each other."
It's possible, but I dunno. It would be a huge tease for them to be in the same game yet not meet up. Also, didn't Chris quit working with teams by the time 5 occured? Looks like he has a team in this one, so it makes sense.

Too bad the infected president is probably president graham's successor. Ashley deserves it after all her crap. Unless that girl IS Ashley, and she infected her father somehow. In which case, that's karma for you.

amtalx
Jan 19, 2012, 09:13 PM
It kind of has an RE meets Vanquish feel at times, but I guess that's OK. It's a little unclear if they have finally rid themselves of tank controls though. Dead Space pretty much proved that RE is entirely irrelevant and obsolete until that problem is fixed.

Blue-Hawk
Jan 19, 2012, 09:36 PM
Feels like the culmination of all the games put together into one more hurrah. Maybe the final RE? Who knows? Other than Capcom. :P I'll be getting this one.

NoiseHERO
Jan 19, 2012, 09:48 PM
I dunno I thought RE looked more interesting in it's PS1 series, where you're like running around the city solving puzzles at night n stuff.

Then 4 looked like they tried something new and they were playing too much zelda and MGS or something, and it was interesting looking.

But 5 just looked like a generic 3rd person shooter mix, and so does this one I guess.. Never got a chance to play the RE games, but if I did start playing em, I wouldn't start here. D:

darkante
Jan 20, 2012, 12:17 AM
Oh my, my bro is gonna jaw drop as usual. LOl
One serious RE nut there.

I haven´t bothered touching 5 yet myself (but i do have it).
But i´m planning to someday, hell i´m gonna get Revelation and Operation Raccon City anyway. XD

Heskett
Jan 20, 2012, 01:39 AM
It kind of has an RE meets Vanquish feel at times, but I guess that's OK. It's a little unclear if they have finally rid themselves of tank controls though. Dead Space pretty much proved that RE is entirely irrelevant and obsolete until that problem is fixed.

You can see Leon strafing while shooting in some parts, so it's safe to say that stop-and-shoot (tank) is gone.

Outrider
Jan 20, 2012, 02:19 PM
As for the timeline...in 5 when Chris and Sheva fight the gigante, Chris says "It looks like that thing from the Kennedy report" which doesn't exactly scream "Me and Leon know each other."
It's possible, but I dunno. It would be a huge tease for them to be in the same game yet not meet up. Also, didn't Chris quit working with teams by the time 5 occured? Looks like he has a team in this one, so it makes sense.

Yeah, it's implied that Leon and Chris know each other as far back as Code: Veronica, since I believe it's Leon who forwarded Claire's distress signal to Chris.

You can see Leon strafing while shooting in some parts, so it's safe to say that stop-and-shoot (tank) is gone.

I just played the demo for Revelations last night and you can move while aiming your weapon, which I think is a good sign.

Of course, without the second analog stick, I have to use the face buttons to aim, but it wasn't entirely terrible.

Hmm, having been out of touch with the RE series for a year or two, I think I'm going to go back and play some RE5 this weekend. I'm started to get excited for this.

Sexy_Raine
Jan 25, 2012, 04:21 PM
At first I was disappointed with the main character selection. Chris's story arc should have ended at 5, why does he get yet another lead role? Same thing with Leon. I think Capcom trying to cater to the stupid RE4 fanboys who liked the cheesy action-hero Leon. I prefer the RE2 Leon and hope his RE6 version closer to that.

The third character pair is by far the most interesting to me and will determine whether or not I'll even be hyped for this game. I've heard rumors from different sites saying that the blonde girl is Sherry. If this is true then I couldn't be more happier. She's the character I wanted back the most. She's was important to the RE2 storyline, where her father was responsible for the G-virus. Why was this ditched after RE2?
Ashley on the other hand is worthless, annoying and did nothing good for the RE storyline, I hope to God to blonde is not confirmed to be her.
Please Capcom, put Sherry.

FOkyasuta
Jan 25, 2012, 04:29 PM
The third character pair is by far the most interesting to me and will determine whether or not I'll even be hyper for this game. I've heard rumors from different sites saying that the blonde girl is Sherry. If this is true then I couldn't be more happier. She's the character I wanted back the most. She's was important to the RE2 storyline, where her father was responsible for the G-virus. Why was this ditched after RE2?
Ashley on the other hand is worthless, annoying and did nothing good for the RE storyline, I hope to God to blonde is not confirmed to be her.

*Facepalm* How could i have forgoten that. Ya got a point there, but has it Reeeally been that long since the Racoon City Incident? Only Capcom knows and a few people who payed attention to the timeline actually know that one.

Outrider
Jan 25, 2012, 05:46 PM
At first I was disappointed with the main character selection. Chris's story arc should have ended at 5, why does he get yet another lead role? Same thing with Leon. I think Capcom trying to cater to the stupid RE4 fanboys who liked the cheesy action-hero Leon. I prefer the RE2 Leon and hope his RE6 version closer to that.

The third character pair is by far the most interesting to me and will determine whether or not I'll even be hyped for this game. I've heard rumors from different sites saying that the blonde girl is Sherry. If this is true then I couldn't be more happier. She's the character I wanted back the most. She's was important to the RE2 storyline, where her father was responsible for the G-virus. Why was this ditched after RE2?

*Facepalm* How could i have forgoten that. Ya got a point there, but has it Reeeally been that long since the Racoon City Incident? Only Capcom knows and a few people who payed attention to the timeline actually know that one.

Raccoon City happened in Fall of 1998.

If this game takes place ten years later, it would be in 2008, one year before RE5.

I agree with Sexy_Raine about Chris' inclusion... there doesn't seem to be much of a point to him being a main character since Lost in Nightmares takes place before this and RE5 takes place after it.

But I like him, so as pointless as he is I'm not too worked up about his inclusion.

A lot of people are suggesting that the girl is actually Ashley, based on her voice. I can kind of hear it, but nothing that the character does (and I realize we see very little of her) suggest to me that she's either character.

The_Pup
Jan 25, 2012, 10:58 PM
Short haired blonde in white coat? Definately Ashley. I can recognize that "LEON!" anywhere.