PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Alpha 2 emails out now

Mike
Jan 23, 2012, 03:21 AM
Check your inboxes because the emails announcing the participants for the second alpha were sent out today. The subject of the email will be (in Japanese):

【PSO2】α2テスト参加権当選のお知らせ‏

If you've received an email like this, you'll be participating in the second alpha. Your Sega ID and password also allows you entrance in to the Alpha 2 player's site, found here: http://pso2.jp/alpha2/

There is also a message from Dragon Sakai but I don't have time to go through it right now.

Macras
Jan 23, 2012, 03:38 AM
wheee im so excited! i've missed PSO/PSU since the PC servers died

BlackCosmic
Jan 23, 2012, 03:39 AM
If you received an email ,what do you do next besides celebrate?

Macras
Jan 23, 2012, 03:46 AM
If you received an email ,what do you do next besides celebrate?

wait for them to annouce the testing dates and or times? and wait for them to allow you to download the client .__.

Patmaster
Jan 23, 2012, 03:48 AM
I've also received an email. After putting the text in the translator it tells me that I am in!!! :D

Dinosaur
Jan 23, 2012, 03:55 AM
http://pso2.jp/alpha2/about/

http://pso2.jp/alpha2/about/contents/

If you wanna know what the alpha test is about.

PS: Anyone know what the "Report" page is all about?

Macras
Jan 23, 2012, 04:00 AM
report page is basically where you tell them about things like bugs, glitches and other oddities you run into while playing the game (like a section of the game thats inaccessible when it should be or bugged items that do nothing when they should, ect.)

EDIT: looked at the page a bit more, its for the aforementioned purpose, but also serves for giving feedback.

Mike
Jan 23, 2012, 04:07 AM
The report page is not only for you to submit bugs but to submit your opinions and requests as well. I wouldn't bother submitting anything in English.

Megalomax
Jan 23, 2012, 04:24 AM
I had a nerdgasm for about 10 minutes. I just logged in but I didn't fill out that stuff, I hope I can download it still.

Mike
Jan 23, 2012, 04:27 AM
I had a nerdgasm for about 10 minutes. I just logged in but I didn't fill out that stuff, I hope I can download it still.
There isn't anything to download at the moment. When there is, the currenlty greyed-out button that says PSO2 on the right side of the Player's Site will be selectable.

Also, for the curious, the maximum number of server connections will be less than the number of testers for stress-testing reasons. There are no exact numbers given but that's what the news says.

Megalomax
Jan 23, 2012, 04:30 AM
Fantastic, thanks. :)

Khasar
Jan 23, 2012, 04:38 AM
Yep I got my email too :D

▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽

"Phantasy Star Online 2" Notice to win your test α2

△ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △

※ This e-mail, who choose to participate in the last test α, and
Applicants who have received our call for participation α2 you test.

"Phantasy Star Online 2" is the management team.
Thank you for "Phantasy Star Online 2" to recruit test participants α2
I received your application, thank you.

Conducted a lottery result has been elected as a participant α2 your test!
Congratulations!
Your participation in this opportunity, I would appreciate your valuable feedback!

Here again announce SEGA ID required to participate in the test α2.

-------------------------------------------------- --------------
In addition, today "Phantasy Star Online 2" Players Site
Now open!

Players are posted on site various information about the test α2.

"For α2 test" at the page, and has an overview of this test,
Please check here first.

▼ "Phantasy Star Online 2" Player Site
http://pso2.jp/alpha2/

※ Player to view the site, was elected to the login screen test α2
· SEGA ID
· Password
Input is required.
Before starting the test α2, please try to login to the site beforehand Player.
Also, check the contents of you for your site before starting the test described in the Players,
Thank you.

α2 We plan to start testing conducted in January.
For more information including schedule and download games, in a few days
It will help us send an email again, wait you for your
Thank you.

Future "Phantasy Star Online 2"
Thank you.
◆ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ◆

ShadowDragon28
Jan 23, 2012, 04:45 AM
OMG HEL YEEEAH! I got in! I was selected! Awesome. *waits wide-eyed for the game client to become available for download*

:D WOOT!

cosmos-169
Jan 23, 2012, 04:49 AM
oh great i got the e-mail but i forgot my passowrd :D , what were the rules for the passowrd? 8 characters or less ?

Polantaris
Jan 23, 2012, 04:54 AM
oh great i got the e-mail but i forgot my passowrd :D , what were the rules for the passowrd? 8 characters or less ?

I think 6 or more, but I know it's definitely at least 1 number in it.

Side note, I got accepted too, wooh!

cosmos-169
Jan 23, 2012, 04:59 AM
thanks i remembered it now ( its 8 characters with least 2 alphabetic) :D.

to not get detected by sega police in the game we dont speak english at all even in missions?

therealAERO
Jan 23, 2012, 04:59 AM
I too was accepted into the fold.

It's funny because on the last day to sign up I awoke from a stupor hopped up on the internet and accidentally went to psublog which led me here which led me to learning it's pretty easy to get into the alpha. On the last day! I'm glad it all turned out the way it did. I haven't tested since PSU. I sincerely hope PSO2 is a logical evolution from PSO.

Congrats to those who made it!

thanks i remembered it now ( its 8 characters with least 2 alphabetic) :D.

to not get detected by sega police in the game we dont speak english at all even in missions?

Is this true? Are we not allowed to speak english or they'll know? I'm fairly sure there are english speakers in japan.

cosmos-169
Jan 23, 2012, 05:02 AM
the test is only for japanese players,if they know that you are not japanese they might ban you but am not sure thats why i am asking : 3

Kichi
Jan 23, 2012, 05:07 AM
GOT MY ACCEPTANCE EMAIL. HELLS YES.

kyori
Jan 23, 2012, 05:11 AM
Effing A Sega. Still didn't get in . . . And I've tried since first Alpha D:

AzureAsh
Jan 23, 2012, 05:16 AM
Congratulations to everyone who got in. :)

Perhaps we PSO-W'ers could have a meetup at some point?

kyori
Jan 23, 2012, 06:01 AM
Yes! Also, I got multiple A2 accounts[3 to be exact] (I used multiple emails to get a better chance at getting in.) so I will likely give them away to people on here (once the A2 starts). I guess message me if you are interested in an account.

You should give me one now. You're part of the reason I didn't get in!

AzureAsh
Jan 23, 2012, 06:19 AM
I will let you know when A2 dates are announced.

Check your PMs. :)

Arika
Jan 23, 2012, 06:21 AM
Yes! got it this time, it seem they are no longer checking foreign IP.

Vent
Jan 23, 2012, 06:46 AM
I got selected too and for some weird reason, I am able to log in with my account into the PSO2 website but not the PSU website and game. Says my ID/Password is incorrect. I'm still trying to figure out what is going on here.

AzureAsh
Jan 23, 2012, 06:57 AM
I got selected too and for some weird reason, I am able to log in with my account into the PSO2 website but not the PSU website and game. Says my ID/Password is incorrect. I'm still trying to figure out what is going on here.

You share different IDs and passwords on PSO2 and PSU.

Vent
Jan 23, 2012, 06:59 AM
Oh, is that so? Then I totally forgot about making a new account for PSO2. I gave it the same username as well.

Then the mystery is still up in the air. I already posted (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192739) my question in the technical support section. I'm still hoping someone can help me.

Spellbinder
Jan 23, 2012, 07:14 AM
A great way to start off my evening when I get home. I should throw a party.

Kion
Jan 23, 2012, 07:33 AM
No email for Kion :cry:

Phantasma
Jan 23, 2012, 08:05 AM
I got in bro! UUUUULLLLLLLL!

NoiseHERO
Jan 23, 2012, 08:06 AM
D: I didn't enter.

Phantasma
Jan 23, 2012, 08:23 AM
http://pso2.jp/alpha2/about/
α2テストでは、『ファンタシースターオンライン2』の主要な要素だけでテスト用に構築したソフトを、ユー ザーの皆さんにテストプレイしていただきます。 まだ開発途中のソフトであるため、様々な不具合、未調整のバランス、クオリティーが低い部分な どが残存して いる状態であることを、あらかじめご了承ください。

参加したユーザーの皆さんからのご意見やご要望、発覚した問題点を参考に今後の仕様追加やボリューム作業、 バランス調整などを進めることでサービスインまでに、よりユーザーの皆さんの満足度が高いソフトに仕上げる ため、ご協力をお願いいたします。

また、参加にあたっては下記のα2テスト利用規約を必ずお読みになった上でご参加いただきますようお願いい たします。
We're essentially going to be testing the main components of the game for them. Also checking for flaws and unbalanced things as the game is still in the works as well as checking for things that are not up to par quality-wise.
They would like to know our opinions, thoughts, and requests for the game up until the full release...but it seems as though not many of us here will be able to communicate with them LOL /trollface
The rest is just "please abide by the terms of usage"/"we hope you will be satisfied with the game" standard Japanese suckupery XD
I'll work on the rest later if requested

As for http://pso2.jp/alpha2/about/contents/ I know it's important but that's a LOT of stuff so I'll start up on it after class/sleep as I worked all night QQ orz
Unless someone beats me to it.

Neith
Jan 23, 2012, 08:25 AM
I got in! :wacko: Cant wait!

str898mustang
Jan 23, 2012, 08:26 AM
Awww Yeah I got selected
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/548/211092_242669842430795_4056741_n.jpg

Resanoca
Jan 23, 2012, 08:30 AM
I too, am a chosen one. Where for art thou sword and wooden shield? D:

shadonic
Jan 23, 2012, 08:36 AM
Wow all 3 Mails i registered with got in while 2 of my Friends had no luck.lucky i got enough to Share with them.i didn't expect that!

Ezodagrom
Jan 23, 2012, 08:45 AM
Got in as well. :D

Anon_Fire
Jan 23, 2012, 08:48 AM
No email for Kion :cry:

Same here. :(

Alex Longstride
Jan 23, 2012, 08:56 AM
I got in. Yay. This is a great back-to-school present (classes start again today).

Vashyron
Jan 23, 2012, 09:15 AM
Hmm, nope.

Guess I should of registered Multiple Emails like some people. :wacko:

So yeah if anyone has any extra accounts I'll gratefully take it.

Tyreek
Jan 23, 2012, 09:29 AM
Looks like this time, I get to join you guys. :>

Omega-z
Jan 23, 2012, 09:31 AM
I'm in, 謙虚な敬意SEGAでありがとう。

redroses
Jan 23, 2012, 09:42 AM
YES! I got in aswell! I am so happy, ahhhh! So excited! ;w;

Valini
Jan 23, 2012, 10:01 AM
I've only registered here like weeks ago and on the sega and I managed to get in.

Newbie's luck I suppose.

I had known I would've made more accounts. ^^;

Phantasma
Jan 23, 2012, 10:04 AM
I registered the day before the deadline and got in. Moar newbie luck :D
I'm gonna be streaming gameplay and maybe posting on yout00b so people should ally with meeeee :D

Valini
Jan 23, 2012, 10:12 AM
I think everyone here who got in should band together in game and even maybe make a guild if the feature is there.

Khasar
Jan 23, 2012, 10:18 AM
I think everyone here who got in should band together in game and even maybe make a guild if the feature is there.

Agree :)

Anon_Fire
Jan 23, 2012, 10:29 AM
I didn't get the email. :(

maxx69
Jan 23, 2012, 10:50 AM
I got in!

This... is.. delicious! Yes! Yes!

uhawww
Jan 23, 2012, 10:53 AM
Didn't get in.
So disappointed right now.

If any of you multi-account holders have one to share, I'll be your friend forever.

Fatal-Killer
Jan 23, 2012, 11:02 AM
Got accepted but i have a small problem.

Does anyone know how you go about recovering your password?

Edit: after fiddling around i managed to figure it out

maxx69
Jan 23, 2012, 11:05 AM
Haha, there's people on the Official PSO2 forums who have only played PSPo2i. Very sad for any veteran players who didn't get in...

HoodSquirrel
Jan 23, 2012, 11:11 AM
grats to those who got in! unfortunately, I didn''t get in. :( My friend who made 2 accounts didn't get in either.

If there's any left over accounts, I'd gladly take one off of someone's hands. ^^ I wouldn't mind posting videos/stream some gameplay if I had an account.

therealAERO
Jan 23, 2012, 11:21 AM
When I test I would love to be able to give my feedback. Is there some way we could give our feedback to a japanese and english writer/speaker here at the forums?

And maybe if possible they could translate what we want said. Then they could either post it for us or give us back the translated text and we could post it ourselves.

I'd like to make a difference if possible.

Enforcer MKV
Jan 23, 2012, 11:30 AM
*Walks in with full Bio-hazard garb....and several towels.*

Gratz to everyone who made it in.....

Now, clean-up operations......ick.

Fayorei
Jan 23, 2012, 11:33 AM
I'm IN!!!! Oh happy days oh happy days.

Shamalalamamanana.

XD

I also like how the JP forum posters aren't that much different, haha. One post was like "Hoping for nostalgia, I played Bluefull on PSO, lol."

vPharaohv
Jan 23, 2012, 11:47 AM
YES! I got the email and after four attempts I remembered my password! :D

therealAERO
Jan 23, 2012, 11:57 AM
Are we under NDA for the 2nd Alpha test?

Valini
Jan 23, 2012, 11:58 AM

Even if we were, would it apply to non-japanese sites?
I doubt they could regulate that.

Fayorei
Jan 23, 2012, 11:58 AM

I'm assuming yes, since it's still in Alpha. I have no clue on the actual terms though- the press seems to have had a pass to leak whatever they want, haha. But in terms of players, I assume no? But like others have said, the chances of them tracking is quite low as well. Especially if you were, say, to post something anonymously somewhere.:P

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Valini
Jan 23, 2012, 12:02 PM
I'm assuming yes, since it's still in Alpha. I have no clue on the actual terms though- the press seems to have had a pass to leak whatever they want, haha. But in terms of players, I assume no? But like others have said, the chances of them tracking is quite low as well. Especially if you were, say, to post something anonymously somewhere.:P

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

But I doubt they could do anything if let's say we post all sorts of info here.

PSU30055337
Jan 23, 2012, 12:35 PM
i got in on all 21 of my accounts.

Anon_Fire
Jan 23, 2012, 12:36 PM
@therealAERO, Fayorei, and Valini

There is no NDA in the Alpha 2.

Vashyron
Jan 23, 2012, 12:37 PM

Ok, I lol'd.

Mind sharing any of those? :wacko:

uhawww
Jan 23, 2012, 12:39 PM

Hook a brotha up D:

ThePendragon
Jan 23, 2012, 12:44 PM
I'm guessing most people got in. I just got mine as well. One thing I'm hoping is they let us switch hardware. I might be getting a new PC soon. Does anyone know if they let you on the Alpha?

PSU30055337
Jan 23, 2012, 01:04 PM
Ok, I lol'd.

Mind sharing any of those? :wacko:i'll give away any left over codes when i find out how many of my friends need one.

Eclipse5632
Jan 23, 2012, 01:05 PM
I got in as well. =D

Anyone know if you actually need a Japanese version of Windows to run the game? Was that an issue in the first alpha test?

Fayorei
Jan 23, 2012, 01:09 PM
@therealAERO, Fayorei, and Valini

There is no NDA in the Alpha 2.

Thanks! I'll be frapsing some stuff and posting it then.:D

I got in as well. =D

Anyone know if you actually need a Japanese version of Windows to run the game? Was that an issue in the first alpha test?

I know some people in the US are playing Tera Online on JP servers using the whole change Windows to Japanese setting, so hopefully that works? I recall it being a built in option back when I played JP games(mainly doujin ones) on my XP/Vista machine. I haven't tried for a while though.

malachan
Jan 23, 2012, 01:24 PM

I'll share a Firefall account, and give a Path of an Exile Account, if you have a spare account. I would also be willing to pay money.

Regardless, gratz to everyone. Unlike other games, there's just something about PSO 2's combat, that seems so perfect and really fun to play.

Valini
Jan 23, 2012, 01:25 PM
Thanks! I'll be frapsing some stuff and posting it then.:D

I know some people in the US are playing Tera Online on JP servers using the whole change Windows to Japanese setting, so hopefully that works? I recall it being a built in option back when I played JP games(mainly doujin ones) on my XP/Vista machine. I haven't tried for a while though.

I used the same for japanese rpg maker games.
Hopefully this mmo won't be too terribly complex; maybe just making few edits will allow to run on English settings. It worked for me for chinese and korean mmos...

ch0jin
Jan 23, 2012, 01:25 PM
hey there!

i just recently found out about the a2...i tried to register but the button was not red but grey... does that mean that no more registrations will be accepted?

if any of u know about another registration or mind sharing a spare account it would be much appreciated ;)

pso on dc was my first "mmo" and i really hope that pso2 will come to europe.

cheers

Eclipse5632
Jan 23, 2012, 01:29 PM
@ch0jin: Sorry, but registration for the alpha test ended on January 17th. There's supposed to be an open beta later, though, so maybe you can get in on that.

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 23, 2012, 01:35 PM
I too am in need of an account if someone has an extra. If I'm gonna release what I've got I need time to confirm my methods. (Having only the a1 title screen to work with has been tough in proving things since the installer for that got leaked a while back.)

Jonth
Jan 23, 2012, 02:17 PM
Congratulations to those of you who got in. Me, I didn't sign up because I have no desire to play a Japanese alpha of any game. But, I am glad you guys got in because I am sure many of you will be giving us a lot of information.

Yamishi
Jan 23, 2012, 02:18 PM
So, I just want to go over basics with someone who was in the first alpha test:

Obviously, no speaking English in front of GMs, but can we speak English among ourselves? In missions, for example?

Should we be using a JP proxy while we play so they don't detect our outside-of-Japan IP addresses, or is that even an issue?

Will we have to change our OS language settings to Japanese in order to run it?

Lastly, just in case: What is the preferred method for sharing captured screenshots/video? Something too public may get taken down by Sega, yes?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Dinosaur
Jan 23, 2012, 02:22 PM
Lastly, just in case: What is the preferred method for sharing captured screenshots/video? Something too public may get taken down by Sega, yes?

MSI Afterburner will take care of your in-game screenshots and recordings. It's a free program. Make sure you pick up the beta version as the standard one does not record sound in videos.

Yamishi
Jan 23, 2012, 02:23 PM
MSI Afterburner will take care of your in-game screenshots and recordings. It's a free program. Make sure you pick up the beta version as the standard one does not record sound in videos.

Sounds good. Thanks.

Valini
Jan 23, 2012, 02:25 PM

Fraps does the same thing.

Blueblur
Jan 23, 2012, 02:35 PM
I got it as well. I am really looking forward to it.

Kazzi
Jan 23, 2012, 02:37 PM
Just got my mail accepting me into the test! Not surprising as I was in the first test, but so exciting never the less!

Actually, does anyone know when the test begins?

Yamishi
Jan 23, 2012, 03:00 PM
Just got my mail accepting me into the test! Not surprising as I was in the first test, but so exciting never the less!

Actually, does anyone know when the test begins?

Apparently, it'll be announced by the end of the week.

DiGi91
Jan 23, 2012, 03:04 PM
Also got in.. been lurking here for a while and decided to finally make an account today!

I'm assuming there is no word on when a2 is starting / when we can download the launcher?

Ce'Nedra
Jan 23, 2012, 03:05 PM
Im suprised so many PSO-W people got in :O

Makes me wish i send a email, then again, JP times arent very friendly for me so i wouldn't be able to play anyway

Dre_o
Jan 23, 2012, 03:12 PM
Im suprised so many PSO-W people got in :O

Makes me wish i send a email, then again, JP times arent very friendly for me so i wouldn't be able to play anyway

Meh, being up at 2 am to play is called the love of the game!

But I didn't even try to get into the test (kind of a lie, didn't feel like putting in the effort), I'm content with just sitting back and watching videos.

kyuuketsuki
Jan 23, 2012, 03:13 PM
I'm in! =D

We PSO-Wers should totally arrange a time/place to meet up. Soon as we have test dates of course.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 23, 2012, 03:17 PM

Work comes first though...now if it was in the weekend then sure =D

I'll just wait for the end game, or maybe if its not to much hussle try the beta

Valini
Jan 23, 2012, 03:21 PM

But I didn't even try to get into the test (kind of a lie, didn't feel like putting in the effort), I'm content with just sitting back and watching videos.

Err wait, are you implying the game will only be open at certain hours of the day?
Or do you mean like events and stuff?

I'm in! =D

We PSO-Wers should totally arrange a time/place to meet up. Soon as we have test dates of course.

Yessss.
If we band together we'll be able to figure out the game in no time.

Eclipse5632
Jan 23, 2012, 03:25 PM
@Valini: Yeah, the first alpha test was only open for certain periods on certain days. I'm assuming this test will be the same unless they say otherwise.

pikachief
Jan 23, 2012, 03:25 PM
Do you guys know if its possible to share the account with 2 people? Like If I can only play during the weekend, could my friend use my account to play during the week?

Because I got in!!!!! But I'm going back to school and wont be able to play starting next Thursday. So I really really hope it starts before next thursday so I can play it D:

Dre_o
Jan 23, 2012, 03:31 PM
Err wait, are you implying the game will only be open at certain hours of the day?
Or do you mean like events and stuff?

If I'm not mistaken, the previous test was only available during certain periods of the day (since keeping such an early test online constantly would be kinda silly presumably). And since this is Japan we're talking about, the 12 or so hour time difference puts the only reasonable time for the servers to be online in the morning here in the US (if that is where you live and such).

NOW, do not take what I'm saying as concrete fact because it is conjecture, but I don't think its likely to be online at all times. Especially since they only "intended" for it to be JP only.

Dinosaur
Jan 23, 2012, 03:39 PM
Fraps does the same thing.

FRAPS is not free and the code is very old, resulting in large frame rate drops during recording gameplay as well as ridiculously large files from bad compression rates.

There is absolutely no reason to get FRAPS(or pay for it). It's 2012 and MSI Afterburner is free!

Khasar
Jan 23, 2012, 03:42 PM
I use Bandicam, worth the money capture games at full res so much better than Fraps and I don't get any FPS issues when recording full screen.

Valini
Jan 23, 2012, 03:54 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the previous test was only available during certain periods of the day (since keeping such an early test online constantly would be kinda silly presumably). And since this is Japan we're talking about, the 12 or so hour time difference puts the only reasonable time for the servers to be online in the morning here in the US (if that is where you live and such).

NOW, do not take what I'm saying as concrete fact because it is conjecture, but I don't think its likely to be online at all times. Especially since they only "intended" for it to be JP only.

Ah ok.
I've never seen a test act like that, but I haven't been in many alphas either.

If worse comes to worse, i'll just play in the morning and late at night.

Serephim
Jan 23, 2012, 04:12 PM
Im in.

shits about to get reallllll

BIG OLAF
Jan 23, 2012, 04:13 PM
Didn't get an E-mail. Damn it.

ThePendragon
Jan 23, 2012, 04:28 PM
Damn, I hope it's running longer hours. Would hate to have to change my sleep schedule. I'm still scared it won't run on my current laptop, but I can't buy a new one anytime soon. Damnit. I REALLY hope it runs, even if it is at lowest settings.

Kazzi
Jan 23, 2012, 04:57 PM
So, I just want to go over basics with someone who was in the first alpha test:

Obviously, no speaking English in front of GMs, but can we speak English among ourselves? In missions, for example?

Should we be using a JP proxy while we play so they don't detect our outside-of-Japan IP addresses, or is that even an issue?

Will we have to change our OS language settings to Japanese in order to run it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Several players on the original alpha test (myself included) spoke English without any problems in the main lobbies.

You don't need a JP proxy to play (unless they've changed the settings, we'll see)

No you don't have to set it to Japanese, but you may have trouble typing or speaking if you don't have the support for foreign applications turned on.

According to their terms, you're allowed to post screenshots/videos/stream as long as you put the sega logo on them and state it's the Phantasy Star Alpha test. There's more details regarding that here: http://bumped.org/psublog/

ZER0 DX
Jan 23, 2012, 04:58 PM
Figures. I had a PSO JP sub, PSU JP Sub, Imported Infinity and registered the code, and didn't get in first alpha. I've been signed up for the PSO2 mailing letter ever since it started and I still didn't get in this alpha. What the hell.

My luck in a nutshell.

uhawww
Jan 23, 2012, 05:03 PM
Figures. I had a PSO JP sub, PSU JP Sub, Imported Infinity and registered the code, and didn't get in first alpha. I've been signed up for the PSO2 mailing letter ever since it started and I still didn't get in this alpha. What the hell.

My luck in a nutshell.

I know that feel bro.

Ryoten
Jan 23, 2012, 05:14 PM
Congrats to everyone that made the cut. I wasn't lucky enough to even sign up but yeah. Waiting to see pics & vids of people playthroughs & characters. *If anyone has a leftover account, I'll take it. lol*

Alex Longstride
Jan 23, 2012, 05:24 PM
Anyone who got in and wants an English-speaker to Skype with, I've put my contact information up so we can play together without attracting unwanted attention.

D-Inferno
Jan 23, 2012, 05:48 PM
I'm in the alpha!

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Jan 23, 2012, 07:13 PM
Yeah! I'm going in the 2nd Alpha too! :D

Masterflower
Jan 23, 2012, 08:10 PM
I'm surprise I made it in. Just need to find a way to "hide" my name. ;p

AzureBlaze
Jan 23, 2012, 08:51 PM
Zero DX:
Did all the same things as you did, still not in--so it's not just you.

WAY. DISSAPOINT.
I was so careful to make it look authentic too...
I was really looking forward to writing about it/posting photos/general reporting too. I did that for when PSU had the demo and it was so fun.
O well, hope it starts soon...I dont think anyone I knew got on either. (thread seems to make it look like everyone/ the majority got on, but likely not so)

Kichi
Jan 23, 2012, 08:58 PM
Anyone who got in and wants an English-speaker to Skype with, I've put my contact information up so we can play together without attracting unwanted attention.

I have done the same, as well as added you (Alex) on Skype. Anyone here who got in and wants a friend with knowledge of both English and Japanese languages to play with is welcome to add me. Will probably start a group chat for it, if one does not already exist.

Serephim
Jan 23, 2012, 10:07 PM
Video Guidelines

In your videos please add (C)SEGA for more than 2 seconds at the beginning and end of your video.

In addition you can add a notice like, “The following video contains footage of “Phantasy Star Online 2 2nd Alpha Test”, since this game is currently under
development, the contents may not reflect the final version. Phantasy Star Online 2 Official Site http://pso2.jp”

Modifications to your PSO2 Alpha Test 2 footage like using other videos and music or changing the playback speed, is prohibited.

However you may modify the footage to make alterations to your player names and ID and append the notice as previously mentioned.

If you are live streaming, you must get consent of other players featured in that footage before you start recording.

Hah, ahah

They're letting us do the advertising for them!

Crystal_Shard
Jan 23, 2012, 10:15 PM
Ugh. Both my attempts didn't go through, even with their own PSPo2i Alpha test codes. Maybe my accounts were too suspicious looking after all. orz

Zaix
Jan 23, 2012, 11:47 PM
Sad day on my end. Feel free to PM me if you have a spare.

NVM

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 23, 2012, 11:51 PM
Hah, ahah

They're letting us do the advertising for them!

Can you post the full guidelines?

LK1721
Jan 24, 2012, 12:04 AM

No e-mail for me, but if you happen to have a leftover (or anyone else for that matter) account and feel generous, I would gladly take one.

shiink
Jan 24, 2012, 12:52 AM
I also have made the cut! so stoked. When everything gets a go I would love to meet up with some of us pso-w'ers. Congrats to all. :)

NoiseHERO
Jan 24, 2012, 02:43 AM
Ima bet they WANTED some english players to sneak in this time, because last time NONE OF US GOT IN.

But this time it looks like a lot of you got in.

And this NDA being lifted, they obviously wanna spread the word, and probably test their network stuff and server capacity again (with that 50,000? entrants)

Mitz
Jan 24, 2012, 03:09 AM
Doubt people were declined for being suspicious looking. Maybe there's just big interest?

I'm sure everyone double-triple accounting it up didn't help!

AzureAsh
Jan 24, 2012, 03:31 AM
I just entered in once to stop myself from looking suspicious and because I actually used real info on the account instead of examples like some people have here.

Spellbinder
Jan 24, 2012, 03:42 AM
Its probably due to the fact that this time around they want to stress test the servers, so they need to get a much larger group of people.

Itsuki
Jan 24, 2012, 03:57 AM
Another batch of e-mails just went out in the last hour. So, people may want to double check if they did not originally get in. 2 of my accounts received acceptance e-mails at around 3am EST.

Arika
Jan 24, 2012, 04:06 AM
After Itsuki told me about Email, I also found that a lot of people also receive more Emails this time.

It seem that today is second wave of Alpha invitation.

Serephim
Jan 24, 2012, 04:12 AM
Its pretty funny, im on the alpha test boards on the main site. Im using google translate....

...but it seems like they ask the same questions, and answer them pretty similarly to the way we do over here. One of the devs asked a question that looked like "do tons of collaboration items ruin the feel of the game", and everyone answers what they think.

Mitz
Jan 24, 2012, 04:13 AM
Well without having the second alpha to run, you can't really go as indepth as you'd like. The board looks nice though.

Serephim
Jan 24, 2012, 04:16 AM
I also realized how annoying this language barrier is going to be. I probably should have spent more time in Infinity brushing up on katakana...

Mitz
Jan 24, 2012, 04:18 AM
I just hope I don't have to delve into account settings. That verification tab is going to take me an hour and a half.

Serephim
Jan 24, 2012, 04:22 AM
Oh yeah, the Capacha was the longest process in getting that damned mailing list working. God forbid they use one like some of our worst ones where the crap is in english and you STILL dont know what it says.....

AzureAsh
Jan 24, 2012, 04:35 AM
The captcha's incredibly easy, it isn't even complex, it's just katakana or sometimes hiragana.

SuKKrl
Jan 24, 2012, 04:44 AM
Got in, now I need to somehow remember sega pass stuff =x

If it only used the psu id...

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 24, 2012, 06:37 AM
Check your emails! They apparently sent out a second set this morning because I'm in now!

Vashyron
Jan 24, 2012, 06:55 AM
Check your emails! They apparently sent out a second set this morning because I'm in now!

Same, I got in now. :wacko:

Zaix
Jan 24, 2012, 07:37 AM
I just saw my email!

NoiseHERO
Jan 24, 2012, 08:22 AM
Well now I feel like an even bigger asshole for not signing up myself.

uhawww
Jan 24, 2012, 08:53 AM
Second round of emails I guess.
No more begging from me!
I got in.

DarK-SuN
Jan 24, 2012, 09:43 AM
I got in, woohoo!
I'm sure this is a trap setup by Dark Falz, he's just trying to kill us all before the final game is out.

Anon_Fire
Jan 24, 2012, 09:54 AM
Hold everything right now, I GOT IN. :lol:

Raven5_1
Jan 24, 2012, 10:13 AM
Hold everything right now, I GOT IN. :lol:

you know what's funny?

I was listening to 'The Grid' by Daft Punk when I read that line

Blueblur
Jan 24, 2012, 10:13 AM
Looks like pretty much everyone who registered got in.

Vent
Jan 24, 2012, 10:43 AM
Number of people registered < Number of people they planned to invite for alpha? :P

uhawww
Jan 24, 2012, 10:53 AM
you know what's funny?

I was listening to 'The Grid' by Daft Punk when I read that line

Phantasy Star Online 2.
A digital frontier...

gundam0079
Jan 24, 2012, 10:54 AM
i got picked as well yay!

Aumi
Jan 24, 2012, 11:01 AM
All right, I'm in! :D

kazuuya
Jan 24, 2012, 11:24 AM
Oh wow so many people got in, that's great! Congratulations to everyone! =D
Sadly I didn't really understood how to register, and I don't know japanese, so I didn't even tried. x'D Hahah. Make sure you take ton's of screenshots and videos for the people who didn't get in or didn't managed to register themselfes!

Valini
Jan 24, 2012, 01:01 PM
Oh wow so many people got in, that's great! Congratulations to everyone! =D
Sadly I didn't really understood how to register, and I don't know japanese, so I didn't even tried. x'D Hahah. Make sure you take ton's of screenshots and videos for the people who didn't get in or didn't managed to register themselfes!

It really wasn't that hard to figure things out.
You could've just asked.
make sure browser has japanese enabled
go to registration page>enter email>go to email>accept link>go to registration>find symbols for the names>blah blah blah> use other stuff people were using to sign up such as the address > blah blah > if error messages come up just compare them to symbols you see in registration form and put in different stuff>blah blah > done

Also, chrome has a built in translation feature

It only took a bit of patience.

ZER0 DX
Jan 24, 2012, 01:02 PM
Woo, also got in now.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 24, 2012, 01:41 PM
Lol it really seems that they just let everyone in who signed up. Makes me wish i signed up now ;/

Eclipse5632
Jan 24, 2012, 01:43 PM
50,000 people is kind of a lot. I don't know how many people are normally part of alpha tests, but I was pretty surprised when I heard they were recruiting that many people. I mean, when you consider that the population of Japan is about 127 million, then take the fraction of that that plays video games, then the fraction that's interested in PSO, then the fraction that actually knows about and signs up for the alpha... I would have to imagine that there were relatively few people who didn't get in.

Zyrusticae
Jan 24, 2012, 02:05 PM
On the one hand, I feel kind of bad for not even putting in the slightest bit of effort in signing up.

On the other hand, I've already seen just about everything I care to see of the game and I'm just waiting for a release at this point.

Have fun, but try not to put in too many hours! Your characters will just get wiped anyways, so don't burn out before the game's even released. :p

pikachief
Jan 24, 2012, 02:17 PM
The best part about getting in the alpha2 is reserving a spot for the closed beta :D lol I wonder how many people are gonna be put into that one? O.o

Serephim
Jan 24, 2012, 03:10 PM
The best part about getting in the alpha2 is reserving a spot for the closed beta :D lol I wonder how many people are gonna be put into that one? O.o

I know, right lol.

Real game, spot to participate. Characters still get wiped, but who cares im playing the game lol

ThePendragon
Jan 24, 2012, 03:18 PM
Isn't there some kind of requirement though? Like you need to accomplish something in the alpha to get into the beta?

Mitz
Jan 24, 2012, 03:21 PM
Reach level 10.

Yamishi
Jan 24, 2012, 03:32 PM
Several players on the original alpha test (myself included) spoke English without any problems in the main lobbies.

You don't need a JP proxy to play (unless they've changed the settings, we'll see)

No you don't have to set it to Japanese, but you may have trouble typing or speaking if you don't have the support for foreign applications turned on.

According to their terms, you're allowed to post screenshots/videos/stream as long as you put the sega logo on them and state it's the Phantasy Star Alpha test. There's more details regarding that here: http://bumped.org/psublog/

Thank you so much for the reply. :)

Honestly, I've spent a lot of time looking into proxies, because I'm terrified they'll see my Canadian IP address and give me the boot.

I completely understand why it's Japanese-only (must be hard to read detailed feedback in a language you don't know) but that doesn't mean I would pass up an opportunity to play!

uhawww
Jan 24, 2012, 03:45 PM
Thank you so much for the reply. :)

Honestly, I've spent a lot of time looking into proxies, because I'm terrified they'll see my Canadian IP address and give me the boot.

I completely understand why it's Japanese-only (must be hard to read detailed feedback in a language you don't know) but that doesn't mean I would pass up an opportunity to play!

I wouldn't be too worried about that for now.
Sega is actually one of the more progressive companies when it comes to international presence in their games and systems. My guess is the fact that their games are mostly subscription/retail purchase dependent. They don't have to worry so much about RMT or other illegal activities breaching the floodgates since there is a barrier of entry.
Portals like GamePot, GungHo, and etc. that have IP blocking tend to be mostly F2P/Microtransaction based.

Rule of thumb: Don't rock the boat.
As long as you are not a public nuisance, in my experience in PSU, they won't mind.

One thing that should be noted, however, is that because you are not in Japan, there are a number of services inherent to your purchase you may not be afforded, in regards to customer service and technical support. When it comes to importing online games and services, caveat emptor.

Mitz
Jan 24, 2012, 03:47 PM
Also, most people interested in the Alpha browse PSOW; a site that has always been respect- and mindful of Sega's intended rules and regulations. I doubt they consider us a pest.

Eclipse5632
Jan 24, 2012, 04:12 PM
Yeah, just like how we respected the rule that you have to live in Japan to be a part of the alpha, right?

Serephim
Jan 24, 2012, 04:16 PM
Seriously, if they have an issue with the PSOW fanbase playing the alpha, then they're splitting hairs.

In the event the real game ships without an english localization, then we'll be doing the same anyway.

Vashyron
Jan 24, 2012, 04:31 PM
If they "really" didn't want outsiders playing they could easily fix up some IP block, sure it's bypassable, but it causes some hassle and shows their intention on really not wanting outsiders playing.

Anyway question, anyone here sign up for the 2nd Alpha and not get an invite?

Just curious since it seems like people left out all got in the 2nd wave of Emails here.... (or not?)

Macman
Jan 24, 2012, 04:35 PM
Sega is actually one of the more progressive companies when it comes to international presence in their games and systems.HAHAHAHAH! Yeah what with their unlinked servers and totally fucking over anyone not living in grorious nipponland.

Valini
Jan 24, 2012, 05:24 PM
Most asian game companies don't want foreigners on their asian servers...
Koreans have id number & usually ip blocks
Japanese usually have just ip blocks
Chinese usually have id numbers only (easiest to get around)

It's not just the japanese... it's the asians in general.

Granted the biggest excuse is the language barrier but you'd think with english becoming as universal as it is... there's obviously some racism to it as well.

•Col•
Jan 24, 2012, 05:37 PM
Most asian game companies don't want foreigners on their asian servers...
Koreans have id number & usually ip blocks
Japanese usually have just ip blocks
Chinese usually have id numbers only (easiest to get around)

It's not just the japanese... it's the asians in general.

Granted the biggest excuse is the language barrier but you'd think with english becoming as universal as it is... there's obviously some racism to it as well.

Most oftentimes, it's not racism. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophobia)

Valini
Jan 24, 2012, 05:41 PM
Most oftentimes, it's not racism. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophobia)

Xenophobia = more integrated form of racism

But yes, that is just as applicable as well.

uhawww
Jan 24, 2012, 06:03 PM
HAHAHAHAH! Yeah what with their unlinked servers and totally fucking over anyone not living in grorious nipponland.

I don't live in Japan, and I've had no problem with playing or communicating within JP PSU.
I am speaking of access, and not Sega's (in)ability to provide adequate support for divided servers.
I fully intend to remain on the JP side when PSO2 goes retail, but that is completely beside the point being made.

jayster
Jan 24, 2012, 06:30 PM
oh wow i just noticed i got in :D I figured it was just more spam from them lol. Now gotta figure out everything! Can't wait!!

edit: FML, can't remember my sign in stuff.
edit2: nvm, found it. back to celebration!

Macman
Jan 24, 2012, 07:09 PM
I don't live in Japan, and I've had no problem with playing or communicating within JP PSU.
I am speaking of access, and not Sega's (in)ability to provide adequate support for divided servers.Don't they ban you if they find out you aren't from Japan? Like getting seen speaking English in lobby and such.

Eclipse5632
Jan 24, 2012, 08:43 PM
Is lag an issue for those who have been playing on the Japanese servers for PSU and such?

AzureBlaze
Jan 24, 2012, 08:58 PM
2nd wave did it!
No more dissapointment, I'm in too! So, so happy. It really had me worried that it seemed like everyone got in on the first mail/didnt know there was going to be a 2nd. I DO hope that this means everyone who signed up got in.

Wouldn't something like a XAT fix all the worry about talking?
A group I was with had a xat (it was free) and it worked great for the PSP PSUs because you couldn't type on the portable. You'd never have to type anything at all in the game if you had one.

Bushido
Jan 24, 2012, 09:05 PM
No more dissapointment, I'm in too! So, so happy. It really had me worried that it seemed like everyone got in on the first mail/didnt know there was going to be a 2nd. I DO hope that this means everyone who signed up got in.

'Fraid not, because I for sure didn't get that lucky. Wish I could say I'm glad for you, but really, I'm too busy being intensely jealous and depressed right now.

SuKKrl
Jan 24, 2012, 09:13 PM
Is lag an issue for those who have been playing on the Japanese servers for PSU and such?

Its definitely there but it isn't unplayable by any means. (PSU)

Fenn777
Jan 24, 2012, 10:53 PM
For some of you who made it into the beta, could you do the rest of us one favor please? That favor is: put some variety into your testing and information relaying. I know we weren't supposed to learn anything at all in alpha 1, but having to dig through tons of "Fonewereal with sword dodge spamming and comboing for 30 min" vids to find anything new was frustrating.

It would be nice if at least someone actually made a FOcast or other unpredictable class, or experimented with techniques to answer some of the questions we have about how they work, or trying out different combos with swords. Pretty please???

Serephim
Jan 24, 2012, 10:58 PM
I'll make sure not to have that problem.

But there will be thousands playing this time. Most of us foreigners will probably not even be able to get in during peak hours.

But judging from the screenshots of the developers favorites, im starting to think it was just the LEAKED info that was saturated with Hunewearl, lolis and crap.

maxx69
Jan 24, 2012, 11:41 PM
For some of you who made it into the beta, could you do the rest of us one favor please? That favor is: put some variety into your testing and information relaying. I know we weren't supposed to learn anything at all in alpha 1, but having to dig through tons of "Fonewereal with sword dodge spamming and comboing for 30 min" vids to find anything new was frustrating.

It would be nice if at least someone actually made a FOcast or other unpredictable class, or experimented with techniques to answer some of the questions we have about how they work, or trying out different combos with swords. Pretty please???

Nope, gonna make a loli RAnewearl and exclusively use the biggest gun. Also I will roll whenever and wherever I can.

Serephim
Jan 24, 2012, 11:45 PM
Gotta warn you, you may get lost in a crowd of yourself...!

AzureBlaze
Jan 25, 2012, 02:24 AM
To Bushido:
Did you at least get a couple of issues of their monthly mailing list / not sign up at the last minute? So far, you're the only one I heard who didn't get in on the 2nd round (so far) Plus, there's a quote around here that has them saying the'll add even MORE people once the alpha gets going to stress test it. So don't give up.

Also, I SWEAR to (if I can get the thing running, which is likely, and get on there past the crowds) become a mega reporter about this. Since the NDA says we can write infinite articles / descriptions & post however many screens we want "Post ALL the things" will likely apply.

I'm sure everyone will volenteer to do this but I'll throw in too, answering any question, testing stuff out, doing suggestions, etc etc

I'm not going to passively sit there and play it and then not say anything.
I have private web space, a flickr and even here now lets you add photos to your posts so...it'll def. be hearing from me here. I also dont favor ordinary things or common play styles.

No one remembers this but I had a whole thing here when PSU beta came out and I got onto that. If it looks like something useful to do I'll do it again.
(posted body slider examples, whole gallery of the heads, costume rotations, obscure combos blah blah that no one had done at that point/too busy absorbin' the gameplay)

See screenshot attached to this post.

(yeaaa....nothin' quite like mine...that's what you get when your graphics card isn't good enough...but it still got the point across at the early PSU era)

Serephim
Jan 25, 2012, 02:40 AM
the graphics card errors seem to help the illusion that PSU was actually capable of more than 2 races of facial structures.

Dinosaur
Jan 25, 2012, 02:46 AM
I don't think I have to explain this.

16:00 - 23:00 on Jan 27th
18:00 - 26:00 on Jan 28th
16:00 - 23:00 on Feb. 1st
Feb 3rd 15:00 - Feb 4th 23:00

maxx69
Jan 25, 2012, 02:56 AM
Only 5 days? Lame.

Also looks like I'll have to do all nighters on all of them.

Vashyron
Jan 25, 2012, 03:00 AM
Seemed obvious to me it would be short again.

Nice to see it coming up so soon. I'm pretty much free on all those dates so no problems here.

Also

Eclipse5632
Jan 25, 2012, 05:04 AM
Also

When listing a period of time that starts before and ends after midnight in Japan, it's common to see hours greater than 24 like that. But yeah, looks pretty funny to us.

Aumi
Jan 25, 2012, 05:10 AM
Don't they ban you if they find out you aren't from Japan? Like getting seen speaking English in lobby and such.

Guess I gotta train my amateur Japanese again. Which means writing almost completely in hiragana since I don't know enough kanji... :-(

kyuuketsuki
Jan 25, 2012, 05:19 AM

I dunno about any others, but as for me: ehhh, no.

It's not that I don't understand your concern (although I didn't see many FOnewearls doing sword dodge spam... maybe you meant HUnewearl?), it's more that I intend to spend my time in the alpha doing what I want to do, rather than worrying about what people would like to see if I post some videos. Selfish? *shrugs* Maybe.

That said, I plan on making probably a FOmar and a HUcaseal, so that'll be a little different that what we've seen in most vids. Also, exploring and trying different things out (rather than bum-rushing through content) is sort of what I do anyway, so maybe it'll work out for everyone. :-P

Fenn777
Jan 25, 2012, 11:05 AM
I dunno about any others, but as for me: ehhh, no.

It's not that I don't understand your concern (although I didn't see many FOnewearls doing sword dodge spam... maybe you meant HUnewearl?), it's more that I intend to spend my time in the alpha doing what I want to do, rather than worrying about what people would like to see if I post some videos. Selfish? *shrugs* Maybe.

That said, I plan on making probably a FOmar and a HUcaseal, so that'll be a little different that what we've seen in most vids. Also, exploring and trying different things out (rather than bum-rushing through content) is sort of what I do anyway, so maybe it'll work out for everyone. :-P

Of course! That's why I asked it as a favor; it's your alpha key, do what you want. It was a more a suggestion...okay more of a plea...okay it was me begging.

Although, SEGA's not letting you in their alpha so you can perform the same simple pattern over and over. Although no one can force you, it's best for the game's development if you try as much as possible. By doing a variety of things, you aren't just helping us on the site get info, you're helping SEGA make a better game.

kyuuketsuki
Jan 25, 2012, 11:11 AM
Fair enough. I wouldn't worry though: there's going to be a lot more alpha testers in general, a bunch of PSO-Wers, and no restrictive NDA. You'll be getting a ton of information and vids this go around. ;)

Poubelle
Jan 25, 2012, 11:44 AM
Eh, already PM'd a couple people who said they *had* spares (they probably don't anymore), does anyone else have an extra account?

I'm like having a panic attack that I somehow missed this Alpha sign up... been really busy with high school stuff. PSO is my favorite game of all time, and also one of my first real games that I got addicted to anyway- bought PSU on release day (and was freaking out for months until it came out) but ultimately quit because the game was a little disappointing, a lot different from PSO ... & meseta hackers really ticked me off and never really got taken care of.

I'm so anxious to try PSO2, so if anyone else managed to snag spare accounts, and wants to share, I would be really appreciative, or I can pay too. (not sure if that's allowed)...

If you don't have a spare account... well I would honestly pay to just let me log in a few minutes and play with the character creator and attack a few monsters. so excited for PSO2 :D

PM me on here or e-mail/MSN add [email protected], thanks

oh god Dx *shaking in excitement*

ThePendragon
Jan 25, 2012, 12:27 PM
Damnit! Only 5 days? That sucks. It better run on my laptop or else this is gonna suck, since I don't have time to buy a new PC now.

Poubelle
Jan 25, 2012, 12:34 PM
If someone is nice enough to share an account with me, or give me a spare, I promise to stock up on lo carb Monsters and not sleep/go to school for 5 days! ahhhh : D

*edit well I might have to go to school for a couple.

CloudOfTheStars
Jan 25, 2012, 01:20 PM
If someone got any extra acount can i have one plz?

Fenn777
Jan 25, 2012, 11:31 PM
Fair enough. I wouldn't worry though: there's going to be a lot more alpha testers in general, a bunch of PSO-Wers, and no restrictive NDA. You'll be getting a ton of information and vids this go around. ;)

^That's a very good point my friend. I'll be cheering you all on from the sidelines!

pikachief
Jan 25, 2012, 11:40 PM
I was kinda wishing Character Creator could be done before alpha starts because I'm gonna mess with that for about... the whole first day lol

I'm gonna do a lot of experimenting because I think im gonna make one of every Male/Female cast, and female human/newman to see what I want most.

I'll probably end up with either a Ranger human and hunter cast, or hunter human ranger cast.

(I really wish I could memorize all the PSO abbreviations! With time i'll get it im sure, I got the HU/RA/FO Cast/Caseal(?) down im pretty sure...)

maxx69
Jan 26, 2012, 12:24 AM
I was kinda wishing Character Creator could be done before alpha starts because I'm gonna mess with that for about... the whole first day lol

Yeah. I could spend hours in character creation, but the limited hours means that I have to make the most of my time and rush into actual gameplay.

Serephim
Jan 26, 2012, 01:37 AM
Although, SEGA's not letting you in their alpha so you can perform the same simple pattern over and over. Although no one can force you, it's best for the game's development if you try as much as possible. By doing a variety of things, you aren't just helping us on the site get info, you're helping SEGA make a better game.

wholeheartedly agree. A bunch of like-minded people running around on the server will do nothing for the advancement of the game.

My first character is ALWAYS a Humar, but in the end i usually end up spending more time on Force, so for the Alpha the character i'll probably get to class 10 will be Force.

But im personally going to get some work in on every class, simply to see the potential of the game. Hopefully the different Race/Class combos will feel unique this time around...