PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Blade, USA Monster Hunter Frontier.

Ark22
Jan 23, 2012, 04:11 PM
Looks really good, downloading it right now. Anyone else heard of it?

Zarode
Jan 23, 2012, 05:08 PM
Been playing it with a friend for the past couple of days. Has a couple of problems:

•Babelfish translations. Absolutely hilarious until you have to decipher quests. I imagine complex quests being a royal pain in the ass.
•Fatigue system. Most levels you do, lower your daily fatigue / weekly fatigue. Once you run out, you can't play anymore.
•Thus plays in the fact that the further you get in, the more you need to grind for items to make your armors/weapons... Like Monster Hunter...

The missions increase the amount of fatigue the further you get in, not by much, but it starts to add up after a while.

Some nice additions, its pretty fun.

Mantiskilla
Jan 23, 2012, 06:21 PM
I guess ill dl it and give it a shot.

Kent
Jan 23, 2012, 08:23 PM
Been playing it with a friend for the past couple of days. Has a couple of problems:

•Babelfish translations. Absolutely hilarious until you have to decipher quests. I imagine complex quests being a royal pain in the ass.
•Fatigue system. Most levels you do, lower your daily fatigue / weekly fatigue. Once you run out, you can't play anymore.
•Thus plays in the fact that the further you get in, the more you need to grind for items to make your armors/weapons... Like Monster Hunter...

The missions increase the amount of fatigue the further you get in, not by much, but it starts to add up after a while.

Some nice additions, its pretty fun.
That's funny, because even Nexon, of all companies, realized how bad a fatigue-based system is for games with Dungeon Fighter Online.

Sure, they're required for South Korean (and probably Chinese) releases of games - where a lot of cheap free-to-play games come from in the first place - to prevent people from playing single sessions so long that they have a heart attack from the next time they stand up... But it's really not necessary in the rest of the world. If it starts to interfere with normal players, it's time to change that system for the international version.

Also: Am I the only one that is actually interested in how bad the automated translation sounds? I wasn't interested in even looking at the game until I saw that.

Palle
Jan 23, 2012, 09:16 PM
This is not the MHF I've been waiting for. Pass.

Ark22
Jan 23, 2012, 10:27 PM
It reminds me of how they cloned TF2 xD

Zantra
Jan 24, 2012, 02:48 AM
It looks... interesting?

Zarode
Jan 24, 2012, 06:36 AM
It's honestly been too easy so far. My friend and I are around level 28, and we keep the same complaint the whole time: "This [whatever] is too easy." To bump the difficulty, you have to beat the mission on its easiest setting, then work your way up. Also they have weird names, like Hard is D-Index (the fuck is that?), and Very Hard is Challenge, I forgot what Easy and Normal was (something really stupid, and that's all I remember.)

Also, if you want an idea on how bad the translation in general is, imagine native Asians speaking English. A lot... It's hilarious.

Sure, they're required for South Korean (and probably Chinese) releases of games - where a lot of cheap free-to-play games come from in the first place - to prevent people from playing single sessions so long that they have a heart attack from the next time they stand up...

Holy shit, how? How much? This boggles my mind, I swear...