PDA

View Full Version : The future of psu on our servers (360) and the future of PSO2.

dias_flac_0g
Jan 24, 2012, 03:58 AM
I been thinking about this for a while now and I feel like I must write about it here so that you guys can read this and post YOUR thoughts and opinions on the matter.

So anyone who has played PSU here on the 360 or even on the PC/Ps2 servers knows that we have been greatly mistreated by SOA/SOJ yet some of us including myself and those who have moved to the JP servers are still hanging in there because we love this game, period. Sometimes we complain about the horrible treatment we get here, but yet we suck it up and continue playing.

From the start the PC version of the game was the far superior version of the game, yet it still had all of the major flaws that the other versions had. I've been playing PSU since it came out on it's first week I bought it for ps2 and then for PC when I made my gaming pc. Now I play on the 360 servers. I've also played PSO on DC and GC pso so i'm no rookie to this game.

Now we all know what those "flaws" I speak of are especially if you play the 360 version so I dont need to go into too much detail about those, however I will break em down a little bit.

We constantly deal with horrible slowdown, scammers, reskins, lack of content, lack of updates, lack of honest support, hell now known players are getting their accounts hacked and taken away! and my fav of them all all of a sudden 360 PSU is a "different" version of psu hahaha! Yet Sega does nothing to fix any of these issues, but yet we still hang in there by either sucking it up and staying on our server or moving to the JP one even though we dont know the language (well some of you do).

From the start ever since the game came out we have been poorly treated. PSU failed here in America it never got the support PSO did. We got treated as low class gamers eventhough we still payed month after month.

Sometimes I roam around here when i'm bored and have nothing else to do. I click on those jp threads people make here and then click on the videos they post of their adventures in the JP version of the game and it looks sooo cool! I have a capable PC which can run psu no prob, but at this point I dont think it's worth moving to the JP side now. Especially with PSo2 hot into developement. I'm sure PSU doesnt have much time left on either server. So it's pointless now.

Now I know this may seem like a silly rant at this point but hear me out. Even though the game has all these problems I still LOVE the game like most of you here (it's the sole reason we play) I just wish that things were different is all.

Now with PSo2 coming out, but looking at how much of a fail of PSU was i'm seriously thinking of not playing PSO2 as much as I loved PSO (the reason I play psu) I think i'm gonna have to pass on it. If they are gonna treat PSO2 the same way they treated psu then it's not worth getting into at all. It's not worth getting treated like lower class gamers anymore.

I also, think that a big par of the problem has to do with the actual community itself.

For example, people flame each other and get into these huge online arguments over topics such as this one. People make comments such as "oh will it's your lost cuz you dont come to the jp side"

Comments like that are stupid plain and simple. and it's comments like that, that dont help this cause heal or get any better. If a Sega employe wre to read such comment they will be like "oh look we dont need to fix any of this s*** we are treating them like crap but yet even their own population is against them haha so silly!"

Another popular comment is the good old "Herp derp 360 sucks!! PC 4lyfe teh dude!!!" Again the cimmunity just bashing each other and going at each other throats insted of doing something positive...This type of mentality is what holds us back too.

The other problem is the fact that we suck it up and deal with it too. So i'm part of the problem aswell. This is actually one of the MAJOR problems actually.

Lets say we all got together and made a thread on the official PSU site and we all said "Sega we arent taking anymore of your bs, you either fix all these problem and get your ****ing act together or we will all quit and you wont get our money anymore!" Edward@ Sega is our "spoke's man" correct so he could get this important message across to SOJ.

Two things can happen from that. Either they say "**** you. We dont need your money" and close the servers, or they will get scared and know that we mean business and actually get their act together and actually start sorting many of our problems here.

Though I know i'm part of the problem because I always suck it up and deal with it. I would be willing to do such a thing if EVERYONE else was supporting the same cause.

However, that's never gonna happen here, with people flaming one another, others simply not caring as long as they can sit on the 4th floor all day and try their best to cyber female chars we are never gonna move foward as a community.

Anyways, thats all for now. I know topics like this have been made in the past, but they always end up bad because people here are so immature. However i'm asking you as a fellow pso/psu fan to try to take this seriously and really think about the actual problems here insted of quicking pointing out JP psu.

Because in reality it shouldnt have to be that way. There's no reason why non jp players have to suck it up and learn the jp version or spend money/start over on it because they are so lazy/incompetent/dont care about our servers.

If this needs to get put somewhere else cuz it doesnt belong in this area of the site then I dont mind. I just figured most people will see it here sooner is all :)

Anyways, looks like it's back to the grinding for me. All I can (or any 360 player) do now is just do my best to make the best out of the little we have here and not be negative all the time because that's def not gonna get us anywhere either.

That said post your thoughts and opinions. Do you share similar feelings like mine? Will you run out and buy pso2 in a heart beat and not care about the treated me have recieved? Or will you wait and see how PSO2 gets handled? Or are you completely DONE with Sega and their BS and have quit already and not planning on looking back at all?

Like always, everyones opinion is welcomed in my thread no matter how silly it may be :)

JCGamer
Jan 24, 2012, 04:52 AM
OMG dias_flac_0g you made this old gamer cry and finally now someone like you self took the time & courage to step up and tell everyone about what is truly is important. now for so long after reading this thread I was a victim of psu from the xbox 360 and SOA and they never ever replied back on the issue that I once had and what I has happen to me in the pass. I join same years as you but I always kelp to my self.I join the Sega forum in 2007 then after that I join PSO World in 2009. For those Years everyone that truly knew me in the 360. I went by the name of Vindicator as the AcroTecher & JCGamer the Beast Forte Fighter and everyone in the Xbox 360 Knew that I always been the nice guys. I helped many people on the Xbox 360.Many that I helped took advantage of me & Lied to me, and Never once they thank me for there Help. I got scam many time over and I got hacked only by Advocate Team and Still Did not I made a report against them because well to be honest.I knew for fact that SOA wont do anything about it or wont take any legal action. I even made call to Xbox live about it and about my account but they did not do a thing about it.So what DID I do? I did nothing?and I started a newer Xbox account and psu account at the time.But then everything was getting bad to worse. Random player spamming real website on there. The player on Xbox 360 starting getting out of control. I could not stand it anymore so I stop paying for psu for the Xbox and started to play private pso server. Until Gizz told me about PSU jp server and ever sense then I been every happy gamer.

Me, Alex and Kasa was discussing about pso2 and Alex brought the subject to are attention. What will happen if pso2 in japan come to play. Will Sega of japan gonna pull the plug like they did with ps2/pc USA version ?

Well we be sitting and playing thinking to are self and say well is best just waited out till the do pull the plug for the psu. and focus on pso2 if those come to the USA.but at the same we feel that pso2 on the USA server gonna be just as worse as the on on the Xbox 360. Because is Know fact that Game Master don't care for the PSU for xbox 360. so they gonna do they same thing if they see that pso2 gaming community get out of control they wont do nothing.Sega of America only care is your money and nothing else. there way is if you have a problem don't come to us or be crying to us policy. Just deal with and move on and so on and so on.

dias_flac_0g Im telling you this now ok, if the PSO2 come to the USA and Sega wont do a thing about it and if those gets out of hand and they cant control the community like there suppose to. then I have say is heck with Sega of America. and say hello to pso2 on the jp server cuz that where I want to be.

str898mustang
Jan 24, 2012, 07:38 AM
shoulda came to JP, lol

Alex305!
Jan 24, 2012, 07:58 AM
There is no obligation. Its either you want to play a superior version of psu that has its flaws or play a worse version with more flaws but US language support. This going on strike shit would just cause the 360 servers to be shutdown like the PS2/PC. These topics end up "all bad" because there is nothing actually to discuss. Well maybe one thing...and thats what goes through SOJ's higher up heads when they localize and try to support a PSO game. But that will go off topic quick.

But I'll give you one thing you would be amazing at writing papers with a high word requirement. This is the first time I read so much and got so little out of it.

Sp-24
Jan 24, 2012, 08:07 AM
It seems to me that it's a little too early to assume how will Sega treat non-asian gamers that are looking forward to PSO2. Plans on Korean version with barely any information on other regions is not a very good sign, but the game is still in alpha version. Sega has faced financial problems lately, so if they are launching a pay-to-play PC project in the era of f2p MMOs, there is a possibility know what are they doing. The likely options are as follows:

1) They've realised what international market is, and will now try to appeal to a wide audience worldwide;
2) They are going to aim for the established audience: Japanese, Korean, possibly Chinese players. Each region gets a separate server, including a throwaway one for the outer world.

But if you'd like a speculation: from the looks of it, the odds are not in 1)'s favor. PC may be a superior platform, but consoles are just as popular in EU and NA regions. They are going to release a game that looks like it was made in 2006 for PC only, advertise it in Japan and share plans about Korea, where PC reigns supreme. I think that this speaks about their priorities much better than one guy who claims that they are going to make PSO2 popular.

The plan on "fixing" PSU is just silly, though. Even taking aside the fact that the first part will never happen, their choice in case something like that does happen is not only not limited, it leans heavily to "Not give a damn and let everything go as it does". Even in Japan PSU is now dying - the latest update that's going to turn it into a pay to win game is a good sign of that. They sure aren't going to suddenly rush to save the Xbox 360 version, that's in an even worse state, and I assume is less profitable, too.

Alex305!
Jan 24, 2012, 08:14 AM
the latest update that's going to turn it into a pay to win game is a good sign of that

Woah wait what? Care to explain? I've been out of the loop and its a little harder keeping up since its JP psu.

Sp-24
Jan 24, 2012, 08:21 AM
I'll have to scratch that. I was referring to the Community Course that has actually been present for a very long time now. *facepalm*

Omega-z
Jan 24, 2012, 09:22 AM
The JP version is still going to be there for another 3-5 yrs. there nothing one can do about it. It's how things are. I say 4 yrs. , 1 for strong content, 1 for finishing content and 2 for wrapping up. Even if PSO2 comes out PSU is still going to be there for a few more years, No doubt about that.

Cloudstrife xx
Jan 24, 2012, 10:05 AM
JP PSO only just shutdown back in 27th December 2010 if thats anything to go by jp psu will be around for quite some time dont worry.
I heard that pso jp also still got constant updates so....

Midori Oku
Jan 24, 2012, 10:08 AM
The JP version is still going to be there for another 3-5 yrs. there nothing one can do about it. It's how things are. I say 4 yrs. , 1 for strong content, 1 for finishing content and 2 for wrapping up. Even if PSO2 comes out PSU is still going to be there for a few more years, No doubt about that.

This^

The best thing Sega could do, is give PSO2 a worldwide server.

Kizer497
Jan 24, 2012, 10:35 AM
Honestly, I really dont want to move to the jp side because for 1 i missed out on a lot of stuff and 2 I cant read Japanese for nothing so nope aint gonna even attempt it. There are also a number of rumors about why the us side of psu aint got any attention, one of them is (what I heard) because Microsoft dosen't really like mmos and they want a cut in profit as well so Sega has to fight them (i guess). The most famous rumor is because SOA/SOJ don't like us and could care less (what most people say) I don t think moving to the jp side helps either because that could give them the exuse ("People in the west is just gonna move to the jp side so why should we bother keeping up the west side of psu."). like you guys here, I love this game to and I hope things actually change after pso 2 is done with. That game looks koo and all but um it seems like a psu remake anyways from what i seen so yea lol. All we can do is hope for the best because until a English patch or something is made for jp psu, im not moving and also computers are to much of a hassle some times so if our side dose get owned im probably just gonna stick with the psp versions of the games. Other than that lets just wish for the best people and see what happens. :)

Akaimizu
Jan 24, 2012, 11:33 AM
Strikes wouldn't work. They'll just drop support because they'll just take it as people over here not wanting the game. It's been like that since PSO, and there's no evidence that yet another depopulation would suddenly make them act different, this time. That's not how they operate.

Is it wrong for some of us to be happy that we actually get the Phantasy Star series stateside? For some, I can see their argument and that's the way they feel. It's not necessarily wrong either, the difference in people are a lot like the differences in tastes among the gaming public. True, the differences in localization are apparent, but it's up to you whether you still like it enough to stick around.

It would be great if PSO2 would go more international with their service, but alas, that's just a hope. Thing is, for me. There's a lot of great gaming coming out and while I'm definitely game for a new Phantasy Star (I do love the series), it doesn't bother me that much. I'll get what they're willing to give and that's that.

xmoonprismpowerx
Jan 24, 2012, 02:44 PM
I quit PSU because I was tired of the low rate game I was playing. It wasn't fun, the people just got worse. So I quit. But yesterday I finally just said, "Why not" and got the JP version. I don't know how to read japanese, and I don't have the premium. I can't even type in Japanese characters on my keyboard without a headache (windows xp). But I really enjoy it, MUCH BETTER than xbox 360 servers. I am currently teaching myself all the katakana and hiragana, and the only two people I've met on the game were both nice, took me on runs, and spoke boith Japanese and English. One was from Michigan! So I don't regret it. And if I paid 10 dollars a month for the trial game (xbox servers) then I can pay 13 dollars a month for the real game. And I think most of the content I like is guardians cash. So instead of complaining, at that obviously be unfair, I'll just get something once a month or whatever, it doesnt matter to me! I enjoy meeting people, and I have met my significant other on the xbox servers, and a great friend through trial and error. And I expect, with some Skyping, I can meet some other great people online, and continue to enjoy my now more interactive version of my favorite visual chatroom :)

OldCoot
Jan 24, 2012, 02:46 PM
Dias_flac_og, I have seen you a few times on U2. I figured it had to be you being I have never seen a character with the same name before. Maybe I am wrong, but I have seen you on the boards for a long time.

I played since the first day and have quit several times to go do other things. I do not think a strike or whatever else is really going to do much.

The 360 version is on maintenance right now. This side of the game is just getting a few things that were planned out years ago and are now finally seeing the light of day. I entered a few lobbies that had potential on Neudaiz for example, and even though there is a vendor, there isn't much to do there. I think right now Sega is just trying to stretch out play on PSU for a while longer before pulling the plug until they have a working replacement which I think will be PSO2.

For the flammers, scammers and other malcontents on the 360 side, I don't trade with folks unless I play with them a lot, and only buy from shops. All the spam I see every day I just walk around for a few minutes before I try to do runs and mute them over live. After a few days of this I see little spam about some 10/10 weapons or gotchas.

I guess what I am trying to say is to try and enjoy the game for what it is and know that Sega has other plans. I for one wished the English PC version was still up now that I have a joystick working on my PC.

I made an account for the JP PC side and the game is the same except I don't read or speak Japanese. The play seems to be the same and once I get my joystick to mimic how the 360 joystick does the controls I will be a lot happier.

ThePendragon
Jan 24, 2012, 03:24 PM
I honestly think the only thing that might catch their attention is some kind of mass mailing. Maybe we should all send them a bottle of lube, and ask tell them that if they're going to keep bending us over. They could at least have the decency to use it.

dias_flac_0g
Jan 27, 2012, 07:30 PM
After reading through most of your post, they seem to be more or less very silimar to each other so insted of addressing them one by one I will just address most of them in one post.

A lot of you are still under the illusion that JP PSU is the ANSWER to our problems. But that is far from the truth. To some it is the answer to the horrible service that we have been getting for the past 5 years or so.

Those of you who have capable computers and those of you who can somewhat understand the Japanese language.

Lets be realistic here now shall we?

What about all those who cant afford a decent pc or even know how to upgrade or turn it into a decent gaming pc that can run psu granted that psu doesnt require much but still. With todays economy and people losing their jobs spending 400-500 bucks on a decent pc is a no go.

There's also the langue barrier. I can easily play and run the game, but I wont know how to read a damn thing that's on the screen or even what my fellow teamates type. Can you imagine how frustrating playing like that would be?

So no moving to JP is not a realistic solution is more of a desperation move.

There's no reason why our servers dont get treated just as good or atleast HALF as good as the JP servers PERIOD.

The only things that hold us back is our crappy and cowardly mentality.

We let Sega bend us over and do what they want with us as as long as we get a few scraps from our favorite online game.

One of you said that if we do "strike" that Sega would just close down our servers. I would LOVE to see that, seriously.

I honestly Sega wonuldn't do that. They love our money. But they are happy getting our money with little effort. Sega knows about our mental state they know that we wont do **** other than migrate to the JP servers (still getting their money so they dont care) or bend over take it up the ass and suck it up here on the 360 servers.

That's why they operate the way they do.

The 360 servers still make them enough money to "care" otherwise they would have shut themd own along with the PC/PS2 servers. Those servers had like 2 stars in uni2 (I palyed on PC so I know) at max! So it doesnt surprise me that Sega close those down. Hell it makes sense! Why spend money of a server with like 5 people on it only?

I feel like if we continue with this cowardly mentality and act like little sheep and take everything that is thrown at us then we are gonna keep getting the same treatment even with PSO2.

Look at at our servers right now. Two days before our current event eneded we started having this HORRIBLE lag (not the frame rate slowdown) it makes the game unplayable we just got a content update today and the problem is still there that's 3 days already!!! We cant even enjoy our new content.

It's soo bad that it disconnects you all the time too. There's hardly anyone on because it just boots you off.

Edward@Sega our "spokes man" (lmao) says we have to be patient hahaha we have been for 3 days!! Hell we have been for five ****ing years already!!

This is NOT the first time something like this has happened. Many times we have had horrible server problems such as this one. If you played for 5 years like I have then you know what they are.

It wouldnt be a bad idea if we all just quit and teached them a lesson. That would be awesome actually maybe then they'll get their act together.

Sure some of you are probably like "Oh if you have so many problems with the game and hate the service, why dont you quit?" Simple, I love the game just as much as you do (i've explained this in my first post).

Also if I quit that's just one man, Sega wont care if I quit that's only 10 bucks gone. Not a big deal at all. So I wont change a damn thing. This obviously requires support from alot of custumers to actually work.

That said, I know this wont happen. Because there's too nay cowards in our community and some just simply dont care if they are getting ****ed over.

One guy alone cant change things without some support.

pikachief
Jan 27, 2012, 07:39 PM
There's also the langue barrier. I can easily play and run the game, but I wont know how to read a damn thing that's on the screen or even what my fellow teamates type. Can you imagine how frustrating playing like that would be?

For me it isnt frustrating, even in the least bit. It's the same as playing PSU servers anyways. Never really have that many conversation or game-plans going on in 360 unless im playing with people I normally play with, which on JP is english speaking players.

read what's on the screen? I guess aside from mission counters and trade-in missions (which PSUPedia help more than enough to get around) you really don't need to read anything on the screen.

Resanoca
Jan 27, 2012, 07:43 PM
Y'know the adults on Charlie Brown? The sound they make? Yeah, that's what I hear after reading that...post.

dias_flac_0g
Jan 27, 2012, 07:59 PM
For me it isnt frustrating, even in the least bit. It's the same as playing PSU servers anyways. Never really have that many conversation or game-plans going on in 360 unless im playing with people I normally play with, which on JP is english speaking players.

read what's on the screen? I guess aside from mission counters and trade-in missions (which PSUPedia help more than enough to get around) you really don't need to read anything on the screen.

Lol, is all I can do when I read stuff like this.

You guys just go off on one little "flaw" in my post and do your best to derail it from the actual topic at hand. It's the coward mentality that i'm talking about.

That said, i'll play nice right now and i'll give YOU your way :)

Ok, lets say that I do join the JP servers obviously the FAR superior version of the game (no one is arguing that here) and then what?

That does NOTHING for my cause and the topic at hand. Lets use our brains a little bit. Infact i'll be part of the PROBLEM aswell. The more os us move to the Jp server the less reason Sega has to fix OUR servers.

"Oh hey kwel dude!!! We dont even need to make them a server because they are so deperate to play that they'll join ours even with all the complications that come with it. Awesome!! ^_^"

Sorry, but no. I want a server with people I can speak with and relate with in some form or another. That's not a bad thing. Hell make it like PSO US, EU, and JP. We're all together in a way but with our own area. That worked out great.

That said i'm in no shape or form saying that the JP server isnt an enjoyable server to play in, nor am I saying that you guys who do play on it arent having a good time. All i'm saying is that you guys arent helping OUR server actually get any better, and that a problem.

Crysteon
Jan 27, 2012, 08:02 PM
Y'know the adults on Charlie Brown? The sound they make? Yeah, that's what I hear after reading that...post.

Since I'm used to that kind of posts disguised of half-baked rants, my brain automatically responds to the stimulus with the following reaction:

[spoiler-box]Bitch, please
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/211023_167102813346916_6488523_n.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Resanoca
Jan 27, 2012, 08:22 PM
Since I'm used to that kind of posts disguised of half-baked rants, my brain automatically responds to the stimulus with the following reaction:

[spoiler-box]Bitch, please
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/211023_167102813346916_6488523_n.jpg[/spoiler-box]
That face obviously has women swarming you. D:

Crysteon
Jan 27, 2012, 08:28 PM
That face obviously has women swarming you. D:

Like a boss!

GF: : okay:

bloodflowers
Jan 27, 2012, 08:37 PM
Drop in the ocean.

If you get all the people who agree with you on PSOW and the official forums together in one universe, you might break into 1.5*. There was 5* on universe 2 before the lag came back.

They're screwing us on content now because we didn't get Guardians Cash, and they can't be bothered to develop proper client updates that work around the lack of it. Now we're left with table scraps, and seemingly crippling lag.

Keilyn
Jan 27, 2012, 08:52 PM
Ok, so we have in the U.S a falling dollar, along with the EU's "economic crisis." We just came out of a decade and a half of military incursions and campaigns across the middle east. We saw a bunch of uprisings and rebellions in different nations.

Also, we have a bunch of organizations and corporations trying to tell "Governments" and their people how to live their lives. We have double the poverty rate, a much higher divorce rate and a population that is unsure as to whether they will be able to ever own their homes; A population living in fear of banks, governments and corporations,

and all I get from you is

"Sega is treating us terrible, lets do something about the version of the game I play"

I've stated in other threads how to "Fight" and what actually works and has been proven time and time again. I do not play in the 360 version, enough is enough. Declarations are made, people "give their opinions and desires" yet never lift a finger to do anything about any problem.

The same is true when talking about real problems facing the U.S. Its the "We have a problem" syndrome where people "State the problem" and then say "yeah, its a problem" and do nothing.

This is a reason why the US goes downhill. At least in Europe when a real problem occurs in the public opinion regardless the sector, the people take to the streets in riot and paralyze transportation and communication until those responsible are held accountable for their actions.

So yes, I did attack you just now but at least I prefer you to state the problem (which you did), but I attack on a far greater scale the people who know that a problem exist and rather than solve the problem, they attack the person who comes forward with the problem simply because they do not want to be reminded that a problem exists, they rather remain in "la la land"

dias_flac_0g
Jan 27, 2012, 09:09 PM
For many here staying in "La la land" is much better and easier than taking my side than actually wanting to do soemthing about the actual problem.

They much rather attack me and mock me insted of doing something positive about the problem even though they know everything i've said thus far is the truth.

It's a very weak state of mind and I pity such weak people like that.

Like I said I wanna do something but what can I do alone? Sure I can say enough is enough and stop playing all together (which is a realistic way of telling Sega **** you and your BS) but it still does nothing to make them realize that we are tired of their BS.

It's just 10 bucks big deal.

P.S Ya the US has some major problems some have that affect me directly, but again with everyone staying in their homes with their Call Of Duty and a bag of chips, what can i do by myself? Only in hollywood can one man alone go up against tyrants in communistic countries and kill 1000 hard trained soldiers on his own. Only in that La la land world. Not in ours...

Numbers make the real changes here. People coming together as one make the changes in our world the real world.

JCGamer
Jan 28, 2012, 03:05 AM
dias_flac_0g we all totally understand where you coming from and I totally respect what your stating.but come on man do you really think that Sega Gonna do anything about the Bad player on PSU from the Xbox 360 ? and what will become of pso2 if those come in the US?

I mean if we can take the time to make the server more like JP server then I give them my 100% support to Sega.but its seem there not gonna put any kind of legal action. Most MMO I played over years Every GM supporter is been there to stop any illegal action to there Online PC games and there community. If Sega of America can take the time and send there staff & crew to keep Order to the PSU Xbox Community then I be more Happy to return to the PSU for the Xbox. Im not trying to be the best person out there/I love to help out and give My support,But the thins is I am just tired and too old to be dealing with Bad player on the PSU Xbox Community. if Sega those not do anything for pso2 or psu in the North America then I just rather be here with my friends and enjoy playing other game on the pc or psu on the jp server were is safe and secured where is less problem.

pikachief
Jan 28, 2012, 03:25 AM
Lol, is all I can do when I read stuff like this.

You guys just go off on one little "flaw" in my post and do your best to derail it from the actual topic at hand. It's the coward mentality that i'm talking about.

please don't attack me with your long senseless posts T_T I only meant to help clear up a silly miss conception that the language barrier makes it difficult to play D:

I was in no way pointing out a singular "flaw" or something or derailing your topic (i only read parts as it all seems like nonsense out of our control and something about us and that we shouldnt enjoy a game we enjoy because you don't feel we should for silly reasons)

So it actually had nothing to do with your post as a whole but just clearing up one point.

YOUR LONG POST IS SPREADING TO ME! I WAS ONLY GOING TO ORIGINALLY POST ONE SENTENCE D:

Keilyn
Jan 28, 2012, 03:44 AM
Sega only updates and supports the original game, because GC + monthly fees make them so much money that they structure all their events and content to reach quarterly grind-boosts along with a lot of costumes to get players to gamble on the Gatchan.

As long as SEGA makes money, that is all they care about.

Thing about SoA is that they do not need to make "LOTS OF MONEY" for the game to be considered "Successful." They have a monopoly on the 360 so they already consider it a success, since no other games in that genre exist on the console. All SoA needs to do is reach projection and if they go under for too long, they just close the server and move on to the next money making scheme they get from SoJ.

The thing I learned about Localization in ANY nation and in ANY product out there is to stick with the original creators if you possibly can.

I remember playing a lot of Japanese RPGs in the past. I played through many, Breath of Fire series and Lufia series were favorites, as well as Xenogears and Final Fantasy. Then I learned Japanese and played through these games again, but in Japanese and felt royally ripped off.

Of course video games aren't the only things to consider.

Example:

In Madrid, Spain I entered a store and bought a pair of handmade high-boots for males, which were made out of black leather, they were waterproof; They were steel-toed as well with great traction. I was fitted for them and walked out with them for 48 Euros (65 dollars at the time.)

I remember seeing the very same boots here, but a lower quality, replicated version to be mass produced and sold to the public for $270 and they did not beat the craftmanship and quality of the ones I had on. I bought six scarfs as part of a project I was working on for 1 Euro each. The same Scarfs over here, each is $20 - 30. I mean seriously....

This is why Economics, Geography, Culture and Politics are important to study. In these examples I had a choice to "buy" or "not buy" and I had the means to make a choice that wasn't blind.

I think each one of you know how false the line "You get what you paid for" is as the majority of the time you are ripped off and might not even realize just how ripped off you might be.

One of the central themes here in these forums, when talks like this come is "item appraisal." It has always been talked about and has crept up, but never agreed to on a clear consensus of the matter.

The matter being:

"How much do you believe you should be charged for playing this game in Time, Money and Energy?" How much do you believe the game is actually worth? (Notice, I said "Worth. Please don't misread it as "....worth playing?")

Nevermind the arguments and opinions on if the game "Is good" or "it sucks"

In order for fight for anything in the world, you need to find out how much is it worth first.

Then when people gather together on a clear understanding on what something is worth and what people are actually getting. That is when you can begin building a unified group that can even go as far as launch a class-action suit. Its written in the Law that unsatisfied customers of continuous services can take a company or corporation to court. Under a Court Order, SEGA can be told that they must "Fix their software" and SEGA can't say "oh we will close down instead" as that would be a violation of the court; where in class-action, the plaintiffs can file and seek for punitive damages.

The beauty about American Justice is that any court judge can file general court orders. Even a small claims court can find a corporation guilty, and believe me when I tell you. You wouldn't be filling charges saying "Oh PSU is poorly maintained, give us money!" but you will be filling charges that SoA as a company has a reputation of poorly maintaining their software and collecting money from consumers and shutting down their software.

Nevermind about "SoJ isn't doing anything so we should not hold SEGA accountable." You can very well hold Sega of America accountable independently from SoJ. It is their job to make it all work, not players to say "make it work."

You've got records of console breaches, Hacking which has penetrated SoA as well as contaminated some Xbox servers and penetrated players too. Not to mention security holes everywhere along with a company that chooses to do nothing to fix potential threats.

That actually is a cause for concern you know.

Cyanide77
Jan 28, 2012, 04:26 AM
I'll penetrate you.

JCGamer
Jan 28, 2012, 04:28 AM
Keilyn is true what your saying and there nothing we can do to stop it or what is going down in there company.We are just victim that feed Sega hunger with are US Dollar.funny thing is we dumb enuf to pay for there meal tickle hehehe.Like you said *As long as SEGA makes money, that is all they care about*
But that still wont change the fact that even your self Keilyn is part of there victim too ya know. and we have to deal with it like everyone else here.its hurt me to see must of us have to deal with Sega problem and yet they never care about the community from the start. And yet people still debating on the subject. SO is best to try do something about it or try than do nothing at all don t you think so ?

We all want Good Community for PSU & PSO2 in the future

bloodflowers
Jan 28, 2012, 06:22 AM
SO is best to try do something about it or try than do nothing at all don t you think so ?

There's nothing that can be done though. On 360 the number of active players who go to forums is very low - the number who would cancel in an organised manner is lower still - probably not even 2%. SOJ have clearly decided 360 does not deserve development time - as soon as they started shovelling renamed weapons with old skins it was clear that they had made their long term decision to just bring over what they could without actually having to develop anything different or update the client. SOA have bought into this plan in full it would seem (or they know it's futile to fight it) - you can't even post screenshots from the Japanese game into the general discussion screenshots thread, they're very quickly moved away to avoid comparisons between US and JP.

The only thing you can try to do to change things is to complain - but even that won't actually achieve anything, and if you complain too many times (especially if you argue the point well), they will just ban you from the official forums and label you a 'troll'. I battled them endlessly on the subjects of support and content, and eventually that happened to me. I finally got banned for posting this as a fairly blunt rebuttal to Edward saying they were trying their best:

http://psu.system11.org/blog/wp-content/gallery/misc/psu_schedule_fail.png

So you have customers with no influence over SOA, who in turn have no influence over SOJ.

Good luck fixing that.

At the end of the day, play it or don't - and learn from the experience, never sign up for a localised Sega game ever again.

DPShiro
Jan 28, 2012, 06:45 AM
There's nothing that can be done though. On 360 the number of active players who go to forums is very low - the number who would cancel in an organised manner is lower still - probably not even 2%. SOJ have clearly decided 360 does not deserve development time - as soon as they started shovelling renamed weapons with old skins it was clear that they had made their long term decision to just bring over what they could without actually having to develop anything different or update the client. SOA have bought into this plan in full it would seem (or they know it's futile to fight it) - you can't even post screenshots from the Japanese game into the general discussion screenshots thread, they're very quickly moved away to avoid comparisons between US and JP.

The only thing you can try to do to change things is to complain - but even that won't actually achieve anything, and if you complain too many times (especially if you argue the point well), they will just ban you from the official forums and label you a 'troll'. I battled them endlessly on the subjects of support and content, and eventually that happened to me. I finally got banned for posting this as a fairly blunt rebuttal to Edward saying they were trying their best:

http://psu.system11.org/blog/wp-content/gallery/misc/psu_schedule_fail.png

So you have customers with no influence over SOA, who in turn have no influence over SOJ.

Good luck fixing that.

At the end of the day, play it or don't - and learn from the experience, never sign up for a localised Sega game ever again.

This^^

Akaimizu
Jan 28, 2012, 07:20 AM
Funny thing is, is that people act like some of us responding are complete noobs at dealing with the way things work for our localized Phantasy Star games. Believe me, my words come from experience. You want to see Sega simply shut down their servers and support due to people not paying them money for shoddy service? I offer you PSO. It's been done before.

Lots of us pretty much left paying them in droves when things went to heck there and there was literally like no comparable service from them. In fact, when PSO allowed split-screen play, and the ability to take your character over to a friends for local multiplayer, I pretty much didn't even bother with the paid online service lest they improve how they handle it. It, in fact, wasn't improved and in some ways a heck of a lot worse. You think PSU is bad? I give you the worst. PSO Xbox.

In comparison, PSU was and is done a lot better than PSO. We never got "Letters from Lionel"(ed). A term I consider to use when the Japanese side gets all kinds of missions and extras while the US side gets that 1 lonely mission in comparison. PSP2, despite the complaints here, was the closest we ever got to getting the kind of support the japanese got for a long time. That is, until one day the online service support just became ghost maintenance. Still, the PSO response was not to improve their localized game. Nope, it was just *shut it down*. Want a newer example? PSO too old for you? Ok. I bring you the US PSU PC/PS2 servers.

In fact, how many examples do we need of folks vocalizing their issues, leaving the game, and things get enough to depopulate and their typical response? Shut the servers down. The idea? We don't really need your money, we only need our money. We are doing this as a mere service to you. That, more or less, the attitude that seems to show from overseas on the subject. The PSU example I gave was an example of that continuing attitude. Don't say I didn't call it, because on record (years ago) I did. Back when people were here bickering about a 360 version coming out and talks about which version will get more people, last as long, etc. I based it off of the idea that if SOJ didn't change from their PSO days, then people on the PC servers will demand more and leave, mostly because the competition for the online dollar exists more. I knew the player response and the SOJ response before it even happened. If I was proven wrong, then yes, it would've been a happy time to be wrong. Of course, people would simply take it as a 360 advocation because I wasn't joining them in their console hate. No one wanted to listen to the reasoning behind it being that PC has robust competition in that market.

So if the issue is bad enough, and you say you want to play Phantasy Star the way it was meant to be played, your solution would be to learn japanese and join their servers. Because there is no legal action left to change it. People have already voted with dollar before. Seriously? What's left to do? All of your suggestions have been done before time and again. So before one goes attacking people, one should do the research first. In here, it's like preaching to the choir, the same one that (as some people said) make up a small sliver of the existing population.

Still, I wrote a good (and nice) piece regarding SEGA and their handling of the up-n-coming PSO2. The warning that they will definitely need to make sure they can step up to the support of the competition if they want to survive in the PC world. Because in that world, everything (especially pay-to-play) dies a quick horrible death if they take the low-maintenance road again. They are tackling the PC market, this time. There is no lack of competition there. As nice as the news is, I know that they are jumping into a huge struggle for relevance. PC users have a lot of other places to go. They know it. They will all leave if the company screws around. And there is no "but we got the sci-fi twist" to save them. PC users got that covered, too; even in free-to-play models. Worst of all, they've been getting more care and support, in comparison. So yeah. PSO2 will have people once again vote for the dollar, if they localize it. Let's see how long that lasts. Maybe, for the first time in ever, they'll do something about it, so I'll say PSO2 localized will be their true test. They do the same pattern again, supporting only 1 platform, and then they may have to think about whether they will be trusted outside of Japan ever again.

On the consoles, the days are numbered. This is the year when more multiplayer dungeon hackers may enter the scene. As those take their toll, they'll likely take the numbers with them. For me, I do love the Phantasy Star series, I'll support them a bit as long as they seem to do better than their PSO *ahem* efforts. This was the one I made the choice to stick it out, but believe me a couple of years ago, I did consider leaving the online services before they decided to commit to a regular update schedule which ended up bringing new things. There was actually a response that even brought the era of additions along with GAS and GAM. More events. That was not the PSO way.

Alex305!
Jan 28, 2012, 08:52 AM

This should be scrolling on top of these forums and everywhere where Phantasy star games are involved so threads like this aren't made anymore.

We just have a bunch of wall of text posts that after you finish reading and try to comprehend it for a min or two cannot figure out what they are trying to say.

Funny thing is, is that people act like some of us responding are complete noobs at dealing with the way things work for our localized Phantasy Star games. Believe me, my words come from experience. You want to see Sega simply shut down their servers and support due to people not paying them money for shoddy service? I offer you PSO. It's been done before.

Lots of us pretty much left paying them in droves when things went to heck there and there was literally like no comparable service from them. In fact, when PSO allowed split-screen play, and the ability to take your character over to a friends for local multiplayer, I pretty much didn't even bother with the paid online service lest they improve how they handle it. It, in fact, wasn't improved and in some ways a heck of a lot worse. You think PSU is bad? I give you the worst. PSO Xbox.

In comparison, PSU was and is done a lot better than PSO. We never got "Letters from Lionel"(ed). A term I consider to use when the Japanese side gets all kinds of missions and extras while the US side gets that 1 lonely mission in comparison. PSP2, despite the complaints here, was the closest we ever got to getting the kind of support the japanese got for a long time. That is, until one day the online service support just became ghost maintenance. Still, the PSO response was not to improve their localized game. Nope, it was just *shut it down*. Want a newer example? PSO too old for you? Ok. I bring you the US PSU PC/PS2 servers.

In fact, how many examples do we need of folks vocalizing their issues, leaving the game, and things get enough to depopulate and their typical response? Shut the servers down. The idea? We don't really need your money, we only need our money. We are doing this as a mere service to you. That, more or less, the attitude that seems to show from overseas on the subject. The PSU example I gave was an example of that continuing attitude. Don't say I didn't call it, because on record (years ago) I did. Back when people were here bickering about a 360 version coming out and talks about which version will get more people, last as long, etc. I based it off of the idea that if SOJ didn't change from their PSO days, then people on the PC servers will demand more and leave, mostly because the competition for the online dollar exists more. I knew the player response and the SOJ response before it even happened. If I was proven wrong, then yes, it would've been a happy time to be wrong. Of course, people would simply take it as a 360 advocation because I wasn't joining them in their console hate. No one wanted to listen to the reasoning behind it being that PC has robust competition in that market.

So if the issue is bad enough, and you say you want to play Phantasy Star the way it was meant to be played, your solution would be to learn japanese and join their servers. Because there is no legal action left to change it. People have already voted with dollar before. Seriously? What's left to do? All of your suggestions have been done before time and again. So before one goes attacking people, one should do the research first. In here, it's like preaching to the choir, the same one that (as some people said) make up a small sliver of the existing population.

Still, I wrote a good (and nice) piece regarding SEGA and their handling of the up-n-coming PSO2. The warning that they will definitely need to make sure they can step up to the support of the competition if they want to survive in the PC world. Because in that world, everything (especially pay-to-play) dies a quick horrible death if they take the low-maintenance road again. They are tackling the PC market, this time. There is no lack of competition there. As nice as the news is, I know that they are jumping into a huge struggle for relevance. PC users have a lot of other places to go. They know it. They will all leave if the company screws around. And there is no "but we got the sci-fi twist" to save them. PC users got that covered, too; even in free-to-play models. Worst of all, they've been getting more care and support, in comparison. So yeah. PSO2 will have people once again vote for the dollar, if they localize it. Let's see how long that lasts. Maybe, for the first time in ever, they'll do something about it, so I'll say PSO2 localized will be their true test. They do the same pattern again, supporting only 1 platform, and then they may have to think about whether they will be trusted outside of Japan ever again.

On the consoles, the days are numbered. This is the year when more multiplayer dungeon hackers may enter the scene. As those take their toll, they'll likely take the numbers with them. For me, I do love the Phantasy Star series, I'll support them a bit as long as they seem to do better than their PSO *ahem* efforts. This was the one I made the choice to stick it out, but believe me a couple of years ago, I did consider leaving the online services before they decided to commit to a regular update schedule which ended up bringing new things. There was actually a response that even brought the era of additions along with GAS and GAM. More events. That was not the PSO way.

This here is a thread ender. This probably addressed everyone concerns and complaints. This may be lengthy but anyone who is concerned should read this. I wanted to type up a similar response but I said forget it when OP thought sega would not shut the servers down if people went on strike and population declined....How delusional do you have to be? We lost quite a few to that.

dias_flac_0g
Jan 28, 2012, 12:05 PM
This should be scrolling on top of these forums and everywhere where Phantasy star games are involved so threads like this aren't made anymore.

We just have a bunch of wall of text posts that after you finish reading and try to comprehend it for a min or two cannot figure out what they are trying to say.

This here is a thread ender. This probably addressed everyone concerns and complaints. This may be lengthy but anyone who is concerned should read this. I wanted to type up a similar response but I said forget it when OP thought sega would not shut the servers down if people went on strike and population declined....How delusional do you have to be? We lost quite a few to that.

If that was the case then oh well. I just wanna see something get done insted of just sitting around and COMPLAINING all the time.

Everyone complains especially on the official forums. Just go look at our "Lag/Update Thread..." or the other one that got taken down. When complaining gets you no where you need action and that's that. Weather it leads to a success or a failure (servers getting taken) down. It doesnt matter the point is we didnt sit back and took the bad treatment. I hate when people complain over and over and not do anything about it. Hey how about we all quit and teach em a lesson yes? They say screw us? Then we say **** you Sega, and we dont buy another game from them again here in the US until we get proper treatment. That is what i'm talking about.

If you didnt get this much from my post then you sir are and idiot and need to learn how to comprehend basic english. No other way to put it.

BloodFlowers, you think I dont know any of that? We get around 1 full universe at our peak times or a little more than that. I know most of them dont come to this forum or the official one for that matter. I would be a fool if I really believed that someone here would want to actually do this. I know no one here is willing to act or do anything about our current problem. If I REALLY wanted to make something like this escalate I would need to do something different to get more support and to get EVERYONES attention in game since most dont come to any of these forums.

I just figured posting here in PSO-world was a better idea because a lot of people here play in JP so I wanted to deal with them first so to speak and get their input on what I had to say. Seeing as I see them as part of the problem aswell.

...but, I know man. I know everyone much rather stay in their "La la land" and not do a damn thing about this. They're too scared to lose what characters they have already/too lazy/dont care because they are just 4th floor dwellers/are cowards/ etc etc the list goes on.

I know that trying to pump this community up into wanting to do something is WAY TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR for all the reasons I mention above.

Anon_Fire
Jan 28, 2012, 12:33 PM
I think this threads telling me is that PSU 360 is near it's end, and are you guys saying that you might not give PSO2 a chance even if it were to be localized?

Razia1970
Jan 28, 2012, 01:28 PM
Totally agreew with you dias_flac_0g, well said!

Keilyn
Jan 28, 2012, 02:38 PM
As far as my last post, I did forget to add:

"SEGA alone isn't to blame for the 360 problems. I would also name Microsoft Corporation as a party for failure to act. Players believe a better online experience can be achieved from Xbox Live memberships and pay a premium to see that. Players also own consoles to escape the complexities of PC gaming problems as well. If a game has problems which are a threat to the console itself, Microsoft should have gotten involved long ago as a measure to protect their interests and ours."

Alex305!
Jan 28, 2012, 04:59 PM
If that was the case then oh well. I just wanna see something get done insted of just sitting around and COMPLAINING all the time.

Everyone complains especially on the official forums. Just go look at our "Lag/Update Thread..." or the other one that got taken down. When complaining gets you no where you need action and that's that. Weather it leads to a success or a failure (servers getting taken) down. It doesnt matter the point is we didnt sit back and took the bad treatment. I hate when people complain over and over and not do anything about it. Hey how about we all quit and teach em a lesson yes? They say screw us? Then we say **** you Sega, and we dont buy another game from them again here in the US until we get proper treatment. That is what i'm talking about.

If you didnt get this much from my post then you sir are and idiot and need to learn how to comprehend basic english. No other way to put it.

Did you even proofread? Have you been keeping up with this thread? Or did my post struck you in a way you did not like?

Everyone has been basically saying what you just posted here. What else do you want? To come to your side as your loyal soldiers for the final fight against sega?

Get real.

Tired of people complaining but makes a this thread....

Why don't you make a group and organize something or write a letter. If you tried those and it haven't worked do you have an idea on sega's stance in all of this? (Oh and yeah although these are examples they have been attempted before.) You have even stated this in your post. What exactly is the point? Your concerns are valid and I agree but sega won't do shit.

bloodflowers
Jan 29, 2012, 11:33 AM
I think this threads telling me is that PSU 360 is near it's end, and are you guys saying that you might not give PSO2 a chance even if it were to be localized?
Not a god damn chance. I'm not paying for second class service again. JP/global or nothing.

Keilyn
Jan 29, 2012, 01:41 PM
Same here.

Either they launch a Global Server or I play in the Original Version.

Sega likes to call it an "mmorpg" when there is nothing "mmo" about it, and a lot of MMORPGs have the main company running servers and usually by the second expansions, all servers are unified within each region.

Also, I expect the game to be to standards with other PC games on the minimum. Here is the following I expect:

~Unified Resolution: 1920 x 1080
~Unified Servers: Global Network under the same version numbers.
~Unified Textures: This means there are at least Three Texture Packages, Low, Medium and High, and the Ultra High is the High, but without Compression.
~Unified Graphic drivers: This means Nvidia and ATI release drivers along with Crossfire/SLI profiles and that each set of drivers utilizes the video card's internals decently. This means support for Anti Aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering and Modern Graphic advancements.

This for me is a minimum that I expect. Sometimes I get 3 out of 4 and its ok as well. I care a lot for compatibility. Sure, I have a killer PC, but I know that many I meet don't have it.

I don't want people to be forced into the entire Frameskip BS that affects players. I want even under minimum settings to be able to run with Frameskip 0. I mean seriously, the last game I played that had the option to change frameskip in an ONLINE SETTING was a game from the late 90s and here we are in 2012.

"Prays that a certain celebrity meteor can break a fragment and hurl it SEGA's way, Amen!"

OldCoot
Jan 30, 2012, 04:27 PM
PSU just seems to be getting closer to EOL. I have seen that with several products here at work, and once you get past a certain date is far better to not service the older stuff and focus in on the new.

Will there ever be a lot of money put into fixing the 360 PSU? I don't think so.

bupjo
Jan 30, 2012, 07:18 PM
as i said in a post before, some of us have that "battered wife syndrome" with Sega. people who are in love with their batterer regardless of how bad they are treated. always praying and hoping they will change and treat you better but, no matter how much you complain, you get the same results...a black eye and broken ribs. well, i got tired of Sega's "mistreatment" and i left. why should Sega fix anything when people are willing to pay them regardless of their service. so i don't blame Sega much for their poor service because people are willing to give them money anyway because "you" love them.

to answer your question about if PSO2 comes to the states would i buy it? unless PSO2 goes global, there is no way in hell i'd buy PSO2.

have a great day.

dias_flac_0g
Jan 30, 2012, 08:16 PM
as i said in a post before, some of us have that "battered wife syndrome" with Sega. people who are in love with their batterer regardless of how bad they are treated. always praying and hoping they will change and treat you better but, no matter how much you complain, you get the same results...a black eye and broken ribs. well, i got tired of Sega's "mistreatment" and i left. why should Sega fix anything when people are willing to pay them regardless of their service. so i don't blame Sega much for their poor service because people are willing to give them money anyway because "you" love them.

to answer your question about if PSO2 comes to the states would i buy it? unless PSO2 goes global, there is no way in hell i'd buy PSO2.

have a great day.

Which is why I wished people would grow a pair and insted of complaining do something about it. I've already explained what needs to be done. However there's too much fear to do it.

I love the game, but i'm willing to give it up just to "show" them.

I know what i'm saying sounds silly to some of you, but that's the only way. Imagine if everyone took my side, and quit? and we let it be known that we wont take the bad treatment anymore?

There's a 50/50 chance of they either stop support completely or make things better for us.

If they take our "support" away and close down our servers then SO BE IT. Atleast we didnt give em anymore of our hard earned money. I guess you can see it as at least we went down "fighting" so to speak.

Resanoca
Jan 30, 2012, 08:40 PM
Which is why I wished people would grow a pair and insted of complaining do something about it. I've already explained what needs to be done. However there's too much fear to do it.

I know what i'm saying sounds silly to some of you, but that's the only way. Imagine if everyone took my side, and quit? and we let it be known that we wont take the bad treatment anymore?

There's a 50/50 chance of they either stop support completely or make things better for us.

If they take our "support" away and close down our servers then SO BE IT. Atleast we didnt give em anymore of our hard earned money. I guess you can see it as at least we went down "fighting" so to speak.Hard earned money? Isn't most of them on there kids? lol

dias_flac_0g
Jan 30, 2012, 08:59 PM
Same here.

Either they launch a Global Server or I play in the Original Version.

Sega likes to call it an "mmorpg" when there is nothing "mmo" about it, and a lot of MMORPGs have the main company running servers and usually by the second expansions, all servers are unified within each region.

Also, I expect the game to be to standards with other PC games on the minimum. Here is the following I expect:

~Unified Resolution: 1920 x 1080
~Unified Servers: Global Network under the same version numbers.
~Unified Textures: This means there are at least Three Texture Packages, Low, Medium and High, and the Ultra High is the High, but without Compression.
~Unified Graphic drivers: This means Nvidia and ATI release drivers along with Crossfire/SLI profiles and that each set of drivers utilizes the video card's internals decently. This means support for Anti Aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering and Modern Graphic advancements.

This for me is a minimum that I expect. Sometimes I get 3 out of 4 and its ok as well. I care a lot for compatibility. Sure, I have a killer PC, but I know that many I meet don't have it.

I don't want people to be forced into the entire Frameskip BS that affects players. I want even under minimum settings to be able to run with Frameskip 0. I mean seriously, the last game I played that had the option to change frameskip in an ONLINE SETTING was a game from the late 90s and here we are in 2012.

"Prays that a certain celebrity meteor can break a fragment and hurl it SEGA's way, Amen!"

I hated how PSU on PC was just a ****y PS2 port. It lacked all of those things you just mention. More like it lacks all those things you just mentioned =P Sure you can hax a 1080p resolution and even force AA through other programs but still there's no reason why the game didnt have all those options in the first place.

Hard earned money? Isn't most of them on there kids? lol

Most of the people that I know on there or that I know of are mostly 20+ some are even 30+ That's just a silly steriotype of the 360 version. Are there kids in our version? You bet. They dont make the whole community though I can asure you of that.

Powder Keg
Jan 30, 2012, 09:21 PM
Not a god damn chance. I'm not paying for second class service again. JP/global or nothing.

This x1000.

Part of me is saying I will purchase PSO2 for both regions, but it will only be to get the hang of the menus/items/systems and then make JP the permanently played version. I also thought there could be the chance that they could actually turn things arou--ppffffAAHAHAHAHAHA!

If anyone in this game (or even series) has learned anything, they will not support the US release of this game if the servers are not global. I hope there is a language option on the JP release and then we won't have to worry about a thing.

I don't post to just bash Sega/Sonic Team at all, but their track record from PSO/U support has earned them no respect from me or any other player for that matter. Many times during PSU's life I have been optimistic and honestly thought they were putting forth an honest effort to work ways around the issues, whether it be content, connection issues, and security/cheating prevention, and they have literally only improved on one--the cheating portion, but even that isn't good enough because Sega/ST only has one Game Master appointed to the game.

When you look at all of this, and (slightly off topic) the Streets of Rage Remake being taken down after apparently being given the thumbs up beforehand, there is no reason to support or respect this company in any way, shape, or form whatsoever. They (as a company) deserve nothing more than absolute failure.

Sinue_v2
Jan 30, 2012, 10:03 PM
When you look at all of this, and (slightly off topic) the Streets of Rage Remake being taken down after apparently being given the thumbs up beforehand, there is no reason to support or respect this company in any way, shape, or form whatsoever. They (as a company) deserve nothing more than absolute failure.

Part of what makes it so hard to let go of Sega is that they still occasionally turn out some real gems. Valkyria Chronicles and Bayonetta being two such examples. Yeah, ok, so technically Bayonetta was made by Platinum Games (ex Clover Studios guys) - but Sega had the good sense to keep the fuck out of it, keep the cash flowing, and to be generous with the licensing of old IP media for references to their classic arcade hits.

The company I grew up with and still love is in there, but in the same way that Tetsuo was still in that amorphous blob of death at the end of Akira. There's still something worth fighting for in there, but if you get too close it'll probably just crush and devour you.

Alex305!
Jan 31, 2012, 01:14 AM
This x1000.

Part of me is saying I will purchase PSO2 for both regions, but it will only be to get the hang of the menus/items/systems and then make JP the permanently played version. I also thought there could be the chance that they could actually turn things arou--ppffffAAHAHAHAHAHA!

I was telling all of my friends this. I will purchase the game twice if they decide to make separate servers. one copy of each JP and US. The US one would just be for learning the game and JP for actually playing it. If money gets tight I'll just watch a bunch of videos and ask other US players.

OldCoot
Jan 31, 2012, 04:28 PM

If they take our "support" away and close down our servers then SO BE IT. Atleast we didnt give em anymore of our hard earned money. I guess you can see it as at least we went down "fighting" so to speak.

I love the game also, enough so, I am willing to learn Japanese and struggle though the JP side so I can keep playing.

The only way this will turn around is some rich person or group that likes PSU on the 360 to step up and offer to pay Sega JP the big bucks or whatever it would cost to update the game. Maybe a third party company to write a new expansion, but someone has to pay the bill for that and it looks like Sega isn't willing to. Or some other rich person or people to step up and buy Sega JP and tell the folks there to fix and update that hurting 360 version PRONTO. I know without a doubt something will happen.

I don't see it being profitable to plug in a great source of money into an aging game. If 360 PSU had the following that Wow does, I am sure there would be a lot more service to the 360 side.

Have you heard about any new expansions due to come out for PSU? I have not, and on top of that to see PSP2 (digital version) pulled from the PSN so Vita owners won't be able to play it, leaves me wondering how much Sega wants to continue supporting the current products when they have PSO2 in alpha?

Here is what will happen if folks quit the 360 side out of some protest. Sega will look to see if the profits are still high enough to continue the game and if not they will shut it down. Remember PSU and other games are a product to the decision makers. Will this product make them money or not?

Instead of quitting to "show them," why not gather some heavy investors with deep pockets who have a desire for space battles and female newmans? That by far will do more than a mass quitting.