PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Translating PSU JP

Bupon
Jan 25, 2012, 04:05 AM
Has anyone really looked into translating PSU JP? I was thinking of looking into a project to translate the menus and a romaji translation of all the items in game. With the increasing number of English speaking members joining the JP severs I think it would be worth looking into.

Raymee
Jan 25, 2012, 05:25 AM
It may seem like a good idea, seeing that there is a number of databases people can use to translate items and such, but why go through all that trouble when most of it is really katakana?
Not only that, if you learn katakana fluently (which only takes around a couple of hours-1 day), it would help in the long run.

Sorry if it seems that I brought this idea downwards, it's just that katakana and hiragana isn't so hard to memorize.

Perhaps the item descriptions would be nice since 80%, if not most, contain a bit of kanji here and there. It's really a matter of pushing yourself to learn kana.

AzureAsh
Jan 25, 2012, 05:45 AM
If you're talking about actual in game translations, it's impossible. The menu's and item descriptions are mainly handled by the servers themselves.

Alex305!
Jan 25, 2012, 08:29 AM
www.tinyurl.com/7xt8z9h

Well there is the french translation from the Univers-PS forums. Shoutout to Nessly for the link and info. I just wish they had something in English with the same method...

Also there is Essen's drop translator (language translation is not available anymore because Google shut down their translation api due to "abuse").

str898mustang
Jan 25, 2012, 08:29 AM
wont happen...just learn Japanese

gundam0079
Jan 25, 2012, 05:29 PM
the increasing amount of English players is hardly a small dent in the amount of native Japanese users in the game. From personal experience ive only met close to 50-60 people that speak english or another native language. Although there are probably more than I have met that play. just my two cents

Kizer497
Jan 26, 2012, 05:37 PM
Sounds good to me; and i don't feel like learning Japanese even though its not a bad idea to just don't want to do it lol.