PDA

View Full Version : Alpha 2 client settings

Ezodagrom
Jan 25, 2012, 10:27 AM
I don't know japanese, so this is not 100% accurate, what I wrote in the pictures is based on the configuration file.

EDIT: In the first window I might have made a mistake, where it says "create log files". The first option creates a txt file with the log of the settings, the last option crates a txt file with DXdiag, the 2nd one I have no idea what it does though.

EDIT 2: Replaced the picture with a new one, fixed some mistakes:

EDIT 3: Replaced the picture again, this time with a more detailed picture from the user Menochi.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/2O2lQ.jpg[/spoiler-box]

youcantcatchtheblue
Jan 25, 2012, 11:51 AM
Thank you!!! Came in to check the forums looking exactly for this!! You guys rock :)

str898mustang
Jan 25, 2012, 12:06 PM
Awesome....gonna download PSO2 tonight!

Yamishi
Jan 25, 2012, 12:06 PM
Thanks so much! You're a life-saver!

Eclipse5632
Jan 25, 2012, 12:08 PM
Just thought I'd mention that the fullscreen is actually fake fullscreen (i.e. windowed but at your current resolution). It seems there is no real fullscreen, for this test at least.

Ezodagrom
Jan 25, 2012, 12:17 PM
Just thought I'd mention that the fullscreen is actually fake fullscreen (i.e. windowed but at your current resolution). It seems there is no real fullscreen, for this test at least.
The fake fullscreen is a good thing in the case of PSO2, not only alt-tabbing is faster than in true fullscreen, unlike PSU and PSO, alt-tabbing actually works (in both PSO and PSU the game would close when alt-tabbing).

Vashyron
Jan 25, 2012, 12:18 PM

Oh good, now it won't horribly break when alt tabbing or using more than 1 monitor.

Ezodagrom
Jan 25, 2012, 12:20 PM
The user Menochi sent me a PM with a more detailed picture of the configuration tool, going to replace the picture in my first post with the picture from Menochi.

Eclipse5632
Jan 25, 2012, 12:32 PM
The fake fullscreen is a good thing in the case of PSO2, not only alt-tabbing is faster than in true fullscreen, unlike PSU and PSO, alt-tabbing actually works (in both PSO and PSU the game would close when alt-tabbing).
Yeah, but doesn't real fullscreen put less of a strain on your hardware? I'm just surprised that there isn't even an option for it.

Yamishi
Jan 25, 2012, 12:34 PM
Yeah, but doesn't real fullscreen put less of a strain on your hardware? I'm just surprised that there isn't even an option for it.

That's exactly what I was wondering. Not that it matters, my hardware can probably run this at maximum settings in windowed mode anyway, but I'm just curious.

pikachief
Jan 25, 2012, 12:35 PM
My games usually run better when I take them off of fullscreen D:

Ezodagrom
Jan 25, 2012, 12:54 PM
I don't think that there's any major differences in performance between playing window mode or fullscreen games in modern PCs.

Anyway, when it comes to graphics settings, there are some hidden settings in the configuration file, the value of those settings is changed when changing the quality presets. If I'm not mistaken, while those settings don't appear separately in the configuration tool, some of them (if not all) could be changed in-game in the first alpha.

Shadows
- Quality: low/middle/high
- Player: false/true
- Object: false/true
- Land: false/true
- Friend: false/true
- NPC: false/true
- Enemy: false/true

Display
- Effect Draw Distance: 10~100
- Background Draw Distance: 10~100
- Simple Model Number: 12~100
- Detailed Model Number: 5~30

Functions
- Reflection: false/true
- Light Geography: false/true
- Light Shaft: false/true
- Light Effect: false/true
- Depth: false/true
- Bloom: false/true
- Blur: false/true
- Anti-Aliasing: false/true (independently of the preset, it seems to be always set to "true")There's also a setting called "MultiThread", but it seems to be always set to "false", independently of the preset. Probably this setting doesn't matter, since even with it set to "false" all my 4 CPU cores are being used, at least when the game is in the title screen.

Another thing, the framerate. On my main PC, the title screen runs at 63fps, be it with everything on the lowest setting or on the highest setting (resolution 1440x900).
On my 5 years old laptop, at the lowest settings and resolution 1280x800, the title screen runs at around 35~50fps.

Menochi
Jan 25, 2012, 01:02 PM
The 63 fps thing is the program capping it at 60, but your PC is rendering it faster anyway (You might find a different program to check the fps, some use different determinates). I've noticed more and more programs setting frames at a flat rate, 60 fps, 50 fps, 30 fps, 25 fps, and autocorrects as is comfortable.

Most of those settings are listed to be managed by the presets (The 1-5), presumably they'll become actual options upon the implimentation of a real config.

Also, seeing the comment about the AA, I wonder if they've locked it on intentionally. For PR display purposes, and that is why the requirements will decrease on an actual release. Interesting.

Ezodagrom
Jan 25, 2012, 01:11 PM
The 63 fps thing is the program capping it at 60, but your PC is rendering it faster anyway (You might find a different program to check the fps, some use different determinates). I've noticed more and more programs setting frames at a flat rate, 60 fps, 50 fps, 30 fps, 25 fps, and autocorrects as is comfortable.

Most of those settings are listed to be managed by the presets (The 1-5), presumably they'll become actual options upon the implimentation of a real config.

Also, seeing the comment about the AA, I wonder if they've locked it on intentionally. For PR display purposes, and that is why the requirements will decrease on an actual release. Interesting.
One reason I mentioned the framerate is because in the first alpha client it wasn't locked, it would go over 100fps in the lowest settings (this was before upgrading my processor and graphics card).

I found it interesting that now it's locked (weird that the tool I'm using, Dxtory, is reporting 63fps though). Since there's no vsync option in the settings so far, hopefully there will be no screen tearing in-game.

BlackCosmic
Jan 25, 2012, 01:41 PM
Anyone have a Direct X error? or know how i can fix it.

Menochi
Jan 25, 2012, 01:41 PM
Take screenshot, assuming error is in Japanese and not garbage, and I can at least tell you what it says.

BlackCosmic
Jan 25, 2012, 01:45 PM
~_~ i hope this helps~_~

Menochi
Jan 25, 2012, 01:49 PM
Hey, it's in English. No translation required. >.>

Try downloading the directx from microsoft's website. It should contain the missing dlls.

http://www.microsoft.com/japan/directx/default.mspx

(Just google directx to get it in English if you need it)

kyuuketsuki
Jan 25, 2012, 01:59 PM
Yeah, if you're missing a .dll, do as Menochi said and (re)install DirectX.

If that doesn't work, reinstall the game.

If that doesn't work, redownload and then reinstall the game.

If that fails, you might have some luck searching for that particular .dll file and instructions on where to put it.

BlackCosmic
Jan 25, 2012, 02:18 PM
That fix it now ^_^ Thank you so much! My sound is not working , opening video played but no music.

cosmos-169
Jan 25, 2012, 03:14 PM
the game crash after finishing connecting with game gaurd :(

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: pso2.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4f1d78b9
Fault Module Name: pso2.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4f1d78b9
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00ee61e0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

reinstalling didnt help D: .

ThePendragon
Jan 25, 2012, 03:16 PM
So right now we can only get as far as the title screen right?

Cayenne
Jan 25, 2012, 03:19 PM
You can input your information a little past the title screen and an error window will pop up, that's about it (at least on my part)

Eclipse5632
Jan 25, 2012, 03:52 PM
On the official site they're requesting that you not try to connect until the test starts. Just saying.

AzureAsh
Jan 25, 2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the config, it helped out a lot :D

ThePendragon
Jan 25, 2012, 08:13 PM
So I've got as far as the title screen. Does that mean anything I am terrified my machine wont run this. Is it a good sign I got that far? Or totally meaningless?

Faiyez
Jan 25, 2012, 11:39 PM
So I've got as far as the title screen. Does that mean anything I am terrified my machine wont run this. Is it a good sign I got that far? Or totally meaningless?

If you're not sure you can run this, here's something you can try. Get Fraps and install it. See how many FPS you get on the title screen. If the counter does not stay above 60 consistently (on a mere title screen), then I'll have to say things are not looking good for you.

ThePendragon
Jan 26, 2012, 01:11 AM
Damn, it floats around 30. :( So what can I expect? I dont care about it being pretty. Will it not run at all?

Serephim
Jan 26, 2012, 09:36 AM
It's kind of pointless to judge off the title screen. The character creator is probably better, but only by a little bit.

I'd say the game will probably be PLAYABLE. A little lag here and there i guess.

Macman
Jan 26, 2012, 03:30 PM
Oh yes, support for 16:10 ratios. I was worried about that.