PDA

View Full Version : the which ship to be on poll!

Macras
Jan 25, 2012, 02:59 PM
since im not really sure if your character can be used on both server connections(ship 1 and ship 2) lets make a poll for which one we want to be on!

Valini
Jan 25, 2012, 03:05 PM
I suggest ship 2 as well.
As noted in the irc, apparently you can use the same chars on both ships. but it would be wise to stick together on just one of them.

str898mustang
Jan 25, 2012, 03:12 PM
Ship 2

Dinosaur
Jan 25, 2012, 03:13 PM
I'm gonna go Ship 1 so I can bathe in 4th foot lolis.

Serephim
Jan 25, 2012, 03:16 PM
inb4 ship 2 ends up like PSU ship 2 because everyone thought ship 1 would be crowded

Valini
Jan 25, 2012, 03:23 PM
inb4 ship 2 ends up like PSU ship 2 because everyone thought ship 1 would be crowded

...which would then make players go to ship 1 because they expect it to be less crowded

maxx69
Jan 25, 2012, 03:43 PM
Ship 1 for the best experience. It's more exciting to be with a massive crowd of people and there's no reason to be PSOW SEKRIT CLUB ONLY. Unless of course, Ship 1 has a player limit and is constantly full.

Valini
Jan 25, 2012, 03:45 PM
Ship 1 for the best experience. It's more exciting to be with a massive crowd of people and there's no reason to be PSOW SEKRIT CLUB ONLY. Unless of course, Ship 1 has a player limit and is constantly full.

That is exactly what we want to avoid.
Number of people accepted into alpha 2 > player slots on both ships

There is also the chance that both ships will fill up anyways and no one gets on.

Eclipse5632
Jan 25, 2012, 03:56 PM
From what I've read, it seems like they're going to limit the amount of people that can get on at first, so it's possible some of us might not be able to sign on right at the start. Also, unless proven otherwise I'm going to assume that characters are not ship-specific.

Khasar
Jan 25, 2012, 05:44 PM
I go 2 as well

"En"
Jan 25, 2012, 05:48 PM

...which would then make players go to ship 1 because they expect it to be less crowded

What would we do without our paradoxes?

It's of little concern to me which ship I end up on. But, at least this thread will give me an idea of where I can expect to find people. I'll likely make my decision once I see the results.

Angelo
Jan 25, 2012, 07:38 PM

It would be best to go under the radar. A big group of English speakers on a populated server is going to be easy pickings for the ban hammer.

Serephim
Jan 25, 2012, 07:55 PM
simple, just don't talk very much lol.

It's also not very hard to take whatever name you had and sound it out in Katakana.

maxx69
Jan 25, 2012, 08:17 PM
It would be best to go under the radar. A big group of English speakers on a populated server is going to be easy pickings for the ban hammer.

So use outside programs to talk.

Valini
Jan 25, 2012, 08:23 PM

Come on guys... think about it... if SEGA truly didn't want english speakers on their servers they would have ip blocks up. It's more efficient than having gms search for potential unwanted players on a server.

Though I've heard that there is a community black list, but that shouldn't be of concern as long as we don't speak in english openly in the main lobby.

Cayenne
Jan 25, 2012, 08:27 PM
Speak only in the field, not around the public, simple as that.

Angelo
Jan 25, 2012, 08:50 PM
Come on guys... think about it... if SEGA truly didn't want english speakers on their servers they would have ip blocks up. It's more efficient than having gms search for potential unwanted players on a server.

Though I've heard that there is a community black list, but that shouldn't be of concern as long as we don't speak in english openly in the main lobby.

I just think it would be respectful to stay out of their way.

Valini
Jan 25, 2012, 08:57 PM
I just think it would be respectful to stay out of their way.

Just so they could ban later by looking in the chat logs recorded on the servers?
Please.

I think we should just keep to ourselves b/c of that community blacklist, but don't go thinking the company is that ban happy if they don't have many restrictions to begin with.
They should know that mere names and addresses don't filter out foreigners as much as other methods do.

Angelo
Jan 25, 2012, 09:28 PM
It's not the GMs that lurk, it's the other players that spot westerners and report them.

I really don't blame them. I guess what I'm trying to see is I think we should just stay out of their way. Like you said only chatting in the field is a good idea.

Vashyron
Jan 25, 2012, 09:48 PM
You guys are being way too paranoid.

Same regulations of "JP only" is also in JP PSU. Are obvious outside players being banned left and right from it? No. Not at all.

They don't even care to place an IP block.

Just don't be a nuisance to other players and I'm utmost certain there will be no problems.

Menochi
Jan 25, 2012, 10:01 PM
The "JP only" games aren't just about not liking English speakers by the way. No need to take it personally. Japanese don't like dealing with Chinese gold farmers and other people who simply can't speak and interact properly, especially on missions where they might want to communicate teamwork tasks for efficiency. You can't really blame them. I see most English speakers associate only with other English speakers regularly too.

Valini
Jan 25, 2012, 11:02 PM
The "JP only" games aren't just about not liking English speakers by the way. No need to take it personally. Japanese don't like dealing with Chinese gold farmers and other people who simply can't speak and interact properly, especially on missions where they might want to communicate teamwork tasks for efficiency. You can't really blame them. I see most English speakers associate only with other English speakers regularly too.

I suppose for us it's a bit hard to grasp the logic behind all of it.

The kind of games we get are always more global... global because english has turned more into a universal language and it seems to be able to unite people from all sorts of western countries.
Even if someone doesn't understand english, the kind of language they may used by be known to another, or it's probably similar to english.
But for asian countries... though they probably learn some english as well but for them it's not as needed. The best they would need it is if they need to communicate beyond asian regions or do computer programming (which wouldn't need mastery of english though).
Even so, asian countries by nature always kept to themselves and didn't try as hard to unite with each like the us or eu did.
I could be wrong but... I never see any asian only servers... just kr, ch, or jp only servers...
(there's also the issue of licensing and such but come on, how often do you see that happen?)

There's also the fact that asian and western languages are nothing alike, creating a firm language barrier.

BlackCosmic
Jan 25, 2012, 11:07 PM
Question is everyone on pso-w getting on ship 2? just wondering.

Macras
Jan 26, 2012, 02:16 AM
really it seems the majority will be though im absolutely sure that not everyone in the a2 has voted so.... mebe?

Fayorei
Jan 26, 2012, 02:56 AM
I vote ship 2, if not for the fact that it might be a bit less populated. And we can all hide and be cool and incognito. :O

landman
Jan 27, 2012, 12:35 AM
It's the japanese server, so both ships will be equally loaded, so I don't care.

Phinalphantasy
Jan 29, 2012, 04:20 PM
I don't know about you guys, but after witnessing the Pioneer Project, I instinctively get on ship 2.

Aiex
Jan 29, 2012, 04:27 PM
So you can be kicked off for playing outside of Japan?

Vent
Jan 29, 2012, 05:38 PM
The no foreign players policy has more to do with licensing than anything else. Another major factor is preventing local players' game experience being ruined by excessive lag that comes with distance. Ever remember you scolding someone else for lagger? Right, they want to avoid those situations all together. Some games are just not designed to support playing with high latency (any shooter, most MMORPGs, Fantasy Earth Zero).

realdomdom
Jan 29, 2012, 06:00 PM
[...] Some games are just not designed to support playing with high latency (any shooter, most MMORPGs, Fantasy Earth Zero).

Though, i hope they do an international release and regional servers. *Sigh* I like hopes. :)