PDA

View Full Version : Anyone will to translate bug reports?

Subject Delta
Jan 26, 2012, 11:37 AM
I was wondering if anyone is willing to setup a thread where they would take bug reports from A2, from the community and translate/send them in to Sega for us?

uhawww
Jan 26, 2012, 11:51 AM
I'll create a thread tonight for this.

Masterflower
Jan 26, 2012, 12:04 PM
Yes, this was something I suggested we do in another thread, that way it doesnt feel like we are just leeching even tho most of us are lol.

Eclipse5632
Jan 26, 2012, 12:10 PM
I can try to help out on the translation end if needed.

Aumi
Jan 26, 2012, 01:52 PM
I'm thinking about writing my own bug reports, but seeing as my Japanese vocabulary is rather basic and my knowledge of kanji is extremely limited, it will be a rather difficult and time-consuming process. But unless someone here is willing to take the burden, I guess I'll have to do it myself.

kyuuketsuki
Jan 26, 2012, 01:56 PM
I'm thinking about writing my own bug reports, but seeing as my Japanese vocabulary is rather basic and my knowledge of kanji is extremely limited, it will be a rather difficult and time-consuming process. But unless someone here is willing to take the burden, I guess I'll have to do it myself.Uh...

I'll create a thread tonight for this.Did people miss this reply? Uhawww is kindly going to have a thread and will translate bug reports for us. Thank ya Uhawww!

ThePendragon
Jan 26, 2012, 02:12 PM
Hopefully suggestions as well. I got one big suggestion I'd like to yell at them :p

therealAERO
Jan 26, 2012, 02:50 PM
If we do this will we be posting translated bug fixes from our own accounts or will it be pooled all together for the translators account?

It would probably be best if what we wanted to say is translated properly and then posted from our own account. That way instead of coming from a single person they will be getting feedback from at least 70 of us.

uhawww
Jan 26, 2012, 03:18 PM
If we do this will we be posting translated bug fixes from our own accounts or will it be pooled all together for the translators account?

It would probably be best if what we wanted to say is translated properly and then posted from our own account. That way instead of coming from a single person they will be getting feedback from at least 70 of us.

The trouble/support/bug form doesn't appear to be signed to your login (Same as the BBS forms) and asks for an email address independently.
Not sure if it's being tracked or not, but I suppose that could be done as well.

Vashyron
Jan 26, 2012, 03:22 PM
So I hope they also take suggestions, because I don't know who decided using BMPs for the in game screenshot feature was a good idea.

uhawww
Jan 26, 2012, 03:43 PM
So I hope they also take suggestions, because I don't know who decided using BMPs for the in game screenshot feature was a good idea.

Yes, the bug submission form is also a feedback form.

ThePendragon
Jan 26, 2012, 04:09 PM
Awesome. I really want to give them a piece of my mind about lvling PA's through finding disks. :|

uhawww
Jan 26, 2012, 04:13 PM
Awesome. I really want to give them a piece of my mind about lvling PA's through finding disks. :|

IMO, Finding Disks > PA Spam.
Perhaps there's a more elegant solution you're thinking of.
I'll be putting the thread up in just a moment.

therealAERO
Jan 26, 2012, 04:21 PM
If there was some way of leveling them without needing to spam it. It's a sound mechanic but in real life it's just abused. The act of having it equipped should level it up regardless of actual use. That sounds reasonable right?

ThePendragon
Jan 26, 2012, 06:28 PM
IMO, Finding Disks > PA Spam.
Perhaps there's a more elegant solution you're thinking of.
I'll be putting the thread up in just a moment.

I guess i'll explain. At first I thought about just tweaking the current mechanic so it was easier to level them but it doesn't really solve the issue of being forced to spam something that may be woefully inneffective for a given circumstance, just so you can level it. Someone suggested something else and I kind of figured out something based on it. The way I figure it, they should handle it a bit like fable.

So you have the abilities divided intro skill trees. Using any PA in the skill tree gains you XP in that skill tree that you can then use to unlock different levels of PA's. Specifically the ones you need. So you don't have to spam a useless low level technic or skill to level it. You can just play normally and still earn your way to better abilities without having to be dependent on random luck.

kyuuketsuki
Jan 26, 2012, 07:58 PM
Is it really a big deal? 8 MBs per picture? How small is your hard drive and how many screens are you planning on taking? You can always convert them to JPEG, GIF, TIFF, or whatever yourself anyway.

I personally prefer that things are uncompressed by default, as you can always compress them yourself afterward if you don't mind the loss in image quality. Having an option for which format is used would be nice, though.