PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 α2 - Bug Report and Feedback Translation/Submission Thread

uhawww
Jan 26, 2012, 04:29 PM
Translation/Submission requests are now closed.

Ground Rules:

This is not a general tech support thread. This is NOT a discussion thread. For sake of clutter, I'd like to only see translation and submission requests for legitimate issues here. A bug request should only be submitted if the issue is deemed unresolvable by means of either troubleshooting for local problems, handling of local configurations, or upon research done via Sega's PSO2 troubleshooting FAQ. Please try to exhaust all options first. Your problem may have already been submitted, or your problem may already have a resolution.
Translations will be sent to requester via PM. Bug Reports and feedback can be submitted using the REPORT option at the top of the PSO2 Players' Site. (Explanation below)
Anyone wiling to provide assistance with translations is more than welcome. Simply post which report you will be translating and note when you have completed the translation and have sent it to the requester.
I am livestreaming Alpha 2 footage during testing hours. As a result, I cannot promise that your issue will be translated, submitted, or responded to within the test period it was submitted. I will strive to have these completed before the start of the next test period.
If you get personalized correspondence back from Sega requesting more information, or providing a solution, feel free to post it here for translating, same rules as above apply.
An index of submitted reports, resolutions, and feedback will be amended below. If time allows, I will try to compile bugs and responses into something of our own little FAQ.
Again, if anyone else wants to lend a hand, please do. I am but one man.

For Bug Reports, you will need:

A detailed description of the issue
Screenshot(s), if available.
Your DirectX Diagnostic summary .txt file (Run: DxDiag > Save All Information...)
(If, according to the DXDiag, your system does not meet the assigned minimum requirements of the game, it will have an adverse impact on Sega's ability to respond to your report.)

Edit: To conserve time, and because no contact information is required, for shorter feedback request, I'll go ahead and submit them on your behalf.

For Feedback:

Provide a detailed explanation of your feedback and the reason why the change or modification would enrich the game or enhance a system already in place.
Attachments are not accepted for Feedback
Feedback requests have a lower priority than Bug Reports, and may take longer to complete. Feedback entries that do not deal with core gameplay may be translated, but have the lowest priority.
Please refrain from discussing the merits/demerits of a feedback request in this thread. If it demands discussion, please take it to another thread.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help out. It's nice to be lending a hand to the PSO-World community again.

Edit: Added notice about feedback for clarity. Translation requests are generally prioritized as follows: Bugs > Gameplay Feedback > System and Interface Feedback > Suggestions.

uhawww
Jan 26, 2012, 04:30 PM
Feedback / Bug Report How-To:

1) Log into the PSO2 Alpha site

2) Select one of the two Report icons on the top of the page

http://i.imgur.com/g393X.jpg

3) Using the drop down, select either Bug Report or Feedback

http://i.imgur.com/CoCKI.jpg

4) Complete the form and submit (Categories listed below)

Bug Report:
http://i.imgur.com/CeQMp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9ebTq.jpg

Category List:
SEGA ID関連 = SEGA ID Issues
インストール・ゲーム起動関連 = Installation/Game Launcher Issues
タイトル画面関連 = Title Screen Issues
ログイン関連 = Login Issues
操作・システム関連 = UI Issues
キャラクター・成長・アクション関連 = Character/Advancement/Action Issues
エネミー関連 = Enemy Issues
アイテム・メセタ関連 = Item/Meseta Issues
武器・装備品関連 = Weapon/Equipment Issues
クエスト関連 = Quest Issues
ロビー関連 = Lobby Issues
マイルーム・マイショップ関連 = My Room/My Shop Issues
公式サイト関連 = PSO2 Site Issues
動作環境/環境設定関連 = Settings Issues
その他 = Other

Note: Only submissions in Japanese will be processed.

uhawww
Jan 26, 2012, 04:30 PM
Bug Reports

Cayenne - Friendlist Invite Functionality
DarK-SuN - Wire Lance Animation Lock
Multiple - Animation/Particle effects during high traffic sequences
Multiple - Item disappearance during merchant/item box/My Room management

Feedback

Vashyron - Screenshot Feature
Emmie - Video Capture Feature
ThePendragon - PA/Tech Advancement system
Krigo - GameGuard
Mitz - Screenshot Confirmation
Masterflower/Fayorei - Controller configuration
Kazzi - Price of Monomates
Jonathan_F - LUA scripting/UI Modding
youcantcatchtheblue - Camera Control Bindings
Ezodagrom - Keyboard Evasion
uhawww - Music Looping and Transitions After Quest Objective Completed
Arika - Trap Range and Activiation Time
Fayorei - Item Lab available in the Camp Ship
Fayorei - Boss Portal makeover
Masterflower - Differing Animations for Di/Trimates
Masterflower - Manual Draw/Sheath command
Neith - Moveable UI
"En" - Rare item indicator on the mini-map
therealAERO - More air time on launchers
Serephim - PP cost of charged and un-charged techs.
Vashyron - Ability Respec
Ce'Nedra - Refined gridding/object centering for Room layouts
Agitated_AT - Day/Night cycles
Ezodagrom - Slower weather transitions
MeatlessBox - Character biometrics during character creation
MeatlessBox - Independent color selection for character details
Vashyron - Dynamic lighting control during character creation
Serephim - Tech deterioration on environmental collision
Blueblur - Run speed delay
Agitated_AT - Landing animation(s) from Camp Ship deployment
Polantaris - Tech range for targeting
Polantaris - Damage scaling on proximity wave-type traps
RikkiBlackNanobeast - Expansion on unarmed combat
Arika - Return to Character Select
Arika - Character Level polling from card list
Arika - Evasion cooldown timer
Arika - Photon Blast or Time/Meter based powerful action
Arika - More unique racial actions and animations
Forever Zero - Chat bubble position when character is off-screen
Forever Zero - Party member confirmation before loading new Camp Ship after quest acceptance
Cayenne - Dedicated dash keyboard binding
redroses - UI removal for screenshots
redroses - Active Hover/Run selections for CASTS
redroses - Unique My Room for each character
Vent - Camera freedom outside of My Room Balcony
Vent - Manual sheathing/unsheathing
Vent - Increased character speech occurances
Vent - More unique boss battle music tracks
SuKKrl - Improved chat window filters
kyuuketsuki - More varied level design
kyuuketsuki - Increased divergence between chaged and uncharged techs
kyuuketsuki - Uncharged tech integration into attack combos
Anon_Fire - In depth Word Select for global communication
Sun Sol - Dynamic updating of subpalette when switching weapons
Resanoca - Weather clipping
Resanoca - Shooting animation during hover
Resanoca - Item box reward for mission completion
therealAERO - Unique notifications for various community functions
Crystal_Shard - Ship/Server transfer service
Masterflower - Untargetable protection objectives
Omega-z - Adjustments to Lock-on camera
Omega-z - Adjustments to Multi-party and single-party area links
Omega-z - Shaky UI to match on-screen impacts
Omega-z - Reliability of jump actions when charging
Omega-z - Emergency Trial CODE:EVACUATION
Omega-z - Damage incurred by falling environmental objects
Omega-z - Limited sight distance in certain circumstances
Omega-z - Add character seizing attacks for Dragon
Crystal_Shard - Additional appearances/cameos of personal account characters
Cayenne - Quest completion music looping
Cayenne - Audio control of lobby media
ZER0 DX - Smoother weather transitions
Serephim - Adjustments to environmental damage
Multiple - Unique racial animations for attacks and techs
Multiple - Character Creation Options
Multiple - Improved zoom in and out key bindings
Multiple - Photon Chairs

Reponses:

Game crashing at merchants:
Sega has responded to reports regarding game crashes when engaging merchants.
Current and future patches should reduce this incident. The problem seems to deal with the graphics adapter.
Recommended course of action:
1) Make sure your DirectX is up to date
2) Make sure your Graphics driver is stable. If you are using very new or beta drivers, consider downgrading to either the previous revision, or to WHQL signed versions.
3) If you are using a computer or laptop with an integrated graphics adapter, use a driver provided from the device manufacturer

Vashyron
Jan 26, 2012, 05:21 PM
Pretty generous and awesome of you doing this!

So here is some feedback:

Could I request that the Automatic screenshot function save in .PNG or maybe in .JPG? (Perhaps make it a choice?)
This would far better in saving space with minimal quality loss from the .BMPs that are currently be being used.
Currently at a resolution of 1920 x 1080 each screenshot is taking nearly 8MB!

Thanks.

Emmie
Jan 26, 2012, 05:43 PM
How about a built-in video recording feature? It would be handy to have a video recording feature that has been optimized for this game (with several built-in presets for recording!) rather than use a 3rd party recording software.

Cayenne
Jan 26, 2012, 06:20 PM
How about a built-in video recording feature? It would be handy to have a video recording feature that has been optimized for this game (with several built-in presets for recording!) rather than use a 3rd party recording software.

I think SEGA wants gameplay feedback and bug reports, not...well this.

ThePendragon
Jan 26, 2012, 06:37 PM
Thanks for doing this, here's a request for feedback translation.

Currently, leveling photon arts is done by finding them as drops. I believe this is an unfair and inneffective way of doing it. It makes it so that a player who has spent much time playing the game can be surpassed easily by someone who gets randomly lucky. No effort is required to gain skill, and our efforts go unrewarded with increases in skill. I am aware that the method in Phantasy Star Universe was not well regarded so I would like to suggest a compromise.

Why not use a skill tree? Simply allow players to gather experience in general pools towards Technic, Skill, or Bullet Photon Arts? They do so by using any photon art in one of those kinds. So using a skill will gain you skill experience, and using a technic will gain you technic experience. They can then use these general pools to gradually unlock higher level photon arts as they desire them. This way players hard work and effort is rewarded by guaranteed increases in skill and not random luck. No one ever gets better at something through random luck, they do so through hard work and determination. It should be no different for Photon Arts.

Thank you for your time and attention in this regard.

Cayenne
Jan 26, 2012, 07:02 PM
SEGA is accepting mainly gameplay feedback and bug reports from those that have PLAYED the game. This is not a wish list to completely change the game, just maybe make minor tweaks.

Do I really need to point this out?

Mike
Jan 26, 2012, 07:10 PM
SEGA is accepting mainly gameplay feedback and bug reports from those that have PLAYED the game. This is not a wish list to completely change the game, just maybe make minor tweaks.

Sega is accepting opinions and requests regarding PSO2. You might not be but Sega is.

Blueblur
Jan 26, 2012, 07:13 PM
Thanks for doing this, here's a request for feedback translation.

Currently, leveling photon arts is done by finding them as drops. I believe this is an unfair and inneffective way of doing it. It makes it so that a player who has spent much time playing the game can be surpassed easily by someone who gets randomly lucky. No effort is required to gain skill, and our efforts go unrewarded with increases in skill. I am aware that the method in Phantasy Star Universe was not well regarded so I would like to suggest a compromise.

Why not use a skill tree? Simply allow players to gather experience in general pools towards Technic, Skill, or Bullet Photon Arts? They do so by using any photon art in one of those kinds. So using a skill will gain you skill experience, and using a technic will gain you technic experience. They can then use these general pools to gradually unlock higher level photon arts as they desire them. This way players hard work and effort is rewarded by guaranteed increases in skill and not random luck. No one ever gets better at something through random luck, they do so through hard work and determination. It should be no different for Photon Arts.

Thank you for your time and attention in this regard.
So what you're proposing is PSU-style Photon Arts leveling except that you get to pick which Photon Arts to dump the leveling points into, right?

uhawww
Jan 26, 2012, 07:13 PM

Sega is accepting all feedback and suggestions, but I will prioritize them as time allows.
I'd like to do everything, but some things are more important than others.

ThePendragon
Jan 26, 2012, 07:30 PM
So what you're proposing is PSU-style Photon Arts leveling except that you get to pick which Photon Arts to dump the leveling points into, right?

Pretty much. This removes the onerous requirement to grind a specific PA. This way, you just play like you normally do, and get rewarded for it. I suppose it's still dependent on them properly balancing the XP gain, but I still feel it's better than your abilities in the game being dependent entirely on luck.

Anon_Fire
Jan 26, 2012, 07:43 PM
Pretty much. This removes the onerous requirement to grind a specific PA. This way, you just play like you normally do, and get rewarded for it. I suppose it's still dependent on them properly balancing the XP gain, but I still feel it's better than your abilities in the game being dependent entirely on luck.

Why would you want this if there are no Photon Charges?

kyuuketsuki
Jan 26, 2012, 07:54 PM
Please submit translated feedback that I completely, 100% disagree with Pendragon. PAs as drops is the best choice. Is it somehow "unfair" if someone gets "lucky" and gets a nice armor/wep drop before you do just because they haven't logged as much play time? No difference. Also, if you can't find the drop you're looking for, you can trade with players you know or probably even find it in someone's player shop.

But really, it hasn't been said enough: you're awesome for doing this Uhawww. :-)

AzureAsh
Jan 26, 2012, 08:00 PM
I'd like to suggest for GameGuard to be removed from Phantasy Star Online 2, Gameguard causes genuine problems with people running the game with legitimate programs and causes problems for some people using certain Anti Virus programs.

GameGuard has also been known in the past to not stop hacking and has been shown with hacks going around in circles of players in Phantasy Star Universe.

Thank you.

kyuuketsuki
Jan 26, 2012, 08:02 PM
I'd like to suggest for GameGuard to be removed from Phantasy Star Online 2, Gameguard causes genuine problems with people running the game with legitimate programs and causes problems for some people using certain Anti Virus programs.

GameGuard has also been known in the past to not stop hacking and has been shown with hacks going around in circles of players in Phantasy Star Universe.

Thank you.
I second this.

Cayenne
Jan 26, 2012, 08:02 PM
Sega is accepting all feedback and suggestions, but I will prioritize them as time allows.
I'd like to do everything, but some things are more important than others.

That's why I said mainly gameplay/bugs. It takes a lot of time and money to completely redo how the PA system works or implementing a video recording feature and will delay the game even longer and IMO won't do much improvement to the game.

Simple feedback like making items/text/menus easier to read, certain techs/moves/specials "feel" over/under powered, character creation suggestions, making current features more accessible/easier/clearer to understand, things that obviously need fixing, improving and making the already smooth game even smoother.

I'm just saying be realistic with your feedback, suggest something they could work on in a few days or weeks.

ThePendragon
Jan 26, 2012, 08:33 PM
Why would you want this if there are no Photon Charges?

I fail to see how that's relevant. Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by this. :-?

Please submit translated feedback that I completely, 100% disagree with Pendragon. PAs as drops is the best choice. Is it somehow "unfair" if someone gets "lucky" and gets a nice armor/wep drop before you do just because they haven't logged as much play time? No difference. Also, if you can't find the drop you're looking for, you can trade with players you know or probably even find it in someone's player shop.

But really, it hasn't been said enough: you're awesome for doing this Uhawww. :-)

It's different. You're comparing physical objects vs. personal abilities. It's perfectly reasonable for me to find an item that you do not that is better than what you have. However, it makes no sense that I could "find" an ability greater than yours on the floor. Combat skills take work to develop. You don't randomly find them on the floor.

therealAERO
Jan 26, 2012, 08:37 PM
Not something you have to put in but listen to this.

I believe collecting PA drops is a very archaic style of design from days of old that really serves no purpose but to add unnecessary grinding and luck in order to level skills that are needed to play effectively. And you will continue to play ineffectively until you luck into picking up these drops. Which is no fault of your own.

I propose a middle ground one that negates the need to spam your Photon Art but still lets you level it based on use.

Sega should let the player level up the Photon Art based on whether or not it's equipped not by how many times you hit with it. This will stop the need to spam it. Which would lead to people breaking chains and ruining strategy just to quickly level up PA's. A huge problem with PSU.

I'm honestly surprised people are pushing for drops. Do you want any of this game to be based on what you actively do or just luck?

Another way to level PA's would be multiplying the chain number to the sum of the experience that is gained when using a Photon Art. That way you are encouraged to only use a photon art when the chain number is high. Which in turn would create this neat little metagame with the players where they try to crank up the chain number right up until the very end. Also each player that hits with a photon art will have their PA EXP multiplied by the end chain number.

For example

Chain = 42 * PA EXP(40) = 1680 PA EXP

I'm sure there are other ways to level PA's besides basing it on arbitrary drop rates. These are just 2 alternate methods.

Kent
Jan 26, 2012, 10:47 PM
I'm honestly surprised people are pushing for drops. Do you want any of this game to be based on what you actively do or just luck?

Out of the two systems presented in the more recent Phantasy Star games, the disk system was quite obviously the superior of the two. All things considered, it's really not necessary to go with a new and unproven system over a system (such as having them dropped by enemies) that has already been proven and works just fine - especially considering the amount of engineering required to make any such new system fair and not conducive to simply grinding it out.

Fact of the matter is, there's nothing really wrong with the drop-based system. It is a loot-centric game, after all - and in PSO, the drop rates were sensible and fit well into the game's online trading scene, as well as the ubiquitous loot-centric design of the game itself.

That said, it could easily be seen as people preferring the lesser of two evils. Except it's more like choosing between something inherently evil (the PSU grind-all-day approach) and something that makes sense and is intrinsically-suited to the game's design (the PSO loot-based approach).

therealAERO
Jan 26, 2012, 11:14 PM
Please translate this to Japanese so that I may submit to suggestion box.

I only agree if PA drops never go below the level your current PA's are at. That sucks! That would at least assure you that as long as you kept playing you would get higher level PA's

Cayenne
Jan 26, 2012, 11:25 PM
I only agree if PA drops never go below the level your current PA's are at. That sucks! That would at least assure you that as long as you kept playing you would get higher level PA's
See, that's a good simple suggestion, slightly tweak something that is very possible.

Masterflower
Jan 27, 2012, 06:39 AM
Right here is my log:

Controllers:
The game does not pick up the analog sticks very well. Only left and right left stick work but the right left stick is considered a button which it really should not be.

PAs (More a personal thing):
PA learning should go back the how PSO/Infinity does it. The fact that I needed a lv 1 Rafoie just to learn a lv 2 Rafoie that I found is a little annoying.

Keyboard (Also a kinda personal thing):
The keyboard layout is too bunched up imo, the keys needs to be a bit spread out. Its hard to target lock and switch spells sometimes. The dodge ability needs to also be a separate button instead of double tapping keys.

Thats about all that I picked up on for now, I'll add more if I see anything else that should be added.

Other then that, I thank Sega for creating such a beautiful game. :D

Polantaris
Jan 27, 2012, 07:16 AM
I have a bug report:
If you are using a Staff, you can replace the Basic attack with TECHNIC. If you do this, however, you cannot add the Basic Attack back into your setup without resetting the entire thing. There's no option to add it like a normal TECHNIC. Essentially, you're stuck with the Basic Attack being LMB whether you like it or not, you can't change it or you lose it. If you DO remove it, then you hit some weird anomalies. For instance, I had issues where it stopped saving my setup at all after the first one with no Basic Attack. I tried reequipping the weapon to have it not save my changes to that weapon slot. Sometimes only one TECHNIC wouldn't save while the rest would. I ended up having to completely dump the weapon slot, and ignore it's existence.

Fayorei
Jan 27, 2012, 07:17 AM
Pretty sure these two have been covered, but the main bugs I found so far are:

-Can't map the controller axis on any of my gamepads. PS2, or Xbox 360. They work elsewhere. Maps to LT on 360 controller in particular instead of an axis.

-Talking to NPCs(Mission counter, skill leveling, item shops, etc) can and usually crashed the game on certain machines. Rest of the game works fine, as long as you accept missions in the ship party hub as opposed to going to a counter of any kind. Very, very annoying bug!

That's all I got so far.

Kazzi
Jan 27, 2012, 07:23 AM
-Talking to NPCs(Mission counter, skill leveling, item shops, etc) can and usually crashed the game on certain machines. Rest of the game works fine, as long as you accept missions in the ship party hub as opposed to going to a counter of any kind. Very, very annoying bug!

Agreed with this.

And they should drop the price of monomates, 100 meseta is a lot of money at the start of the game and they don't drop that often either ironically.

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 27, 2012, 07:45 AM
Feedback: Enable LUA functions for player created add-ons for Retail launch. LUA scripting has been used in games such as World of Warcraft in the past to allow for customization of the UI and provide feedback on how well the player is doing amongst other things. We know LUA is in the game because of the license file located in the game files.

Kent
Jan 27, 2012, 08:48 AM
Feedback: Enable LUA functions for player created add-ons for Retail launch. LUA scripting has been used in games such as World of Warcraft in the past to allow for customization of the UI and provide feedback on how well the player is doing amongst other things. We know LUA is in the game because of the license file located in the game files.
It's worth noting that LUA is commonly-used in games for UI stuff because it's a standardized scripting language. Just because they put it in doesn't mean they want you to be able to edit the UI (and it's not always a good idea to allow players to do this).

Cayenne
Jan 27, 2012, 08:51 AM
Sending invites and friend request not always work. That's my main problem for tonight.

Also i gotta say you CAN'T judge this game or even suggest what to change/improve until you play it. My god it plays like a dream, nothing needs to be changes, it only needs MORE content!!!

I had all these things i didn't like about it just by looking at old videos and reading info and about all of that is gone. Good Job SEGA!!!

Ceresa
Jan 27, 2012, 09:03 AM

Had this problem on my laptop until I updated the drivers, integrated intel lol, still runs the game fine though, pretty happy about that.

Menochi
Jan 27, 2012, 09:05 AM
PAs (More a personal thing):
PA learning should go back the how PSO/Infinity does it. The fact that I needed a lv 1 Rafoie just to learn a lv 2 Rafoie that I found is a little annoying.

You can learn any level PA you want to, as long as your stats are high enough to learn it. Learned a few level 3 and 4 PAs from the get-go without even knowing the lv1 version.

Mitz
Jan 27, 2012, 09:07 AM
I suppose I am opting for the lowest priority rating here, but for user comfort's sake I'd like to see the following:

A print screen "confirmation". A small message that appears, telling you your screenshot was saved.

An 'already owned' symbol or message on specific items. Techs and My Room items come to mind.

uhawww
Jan 27, 2012, 10:40 AM
The following requests were short, so I have submitted them on your behalf.
No further action will be necessary.

Mitz - Screenshot Confirmation
Masterflower/Fayorei - Controller configuration
Kazzi - Price of Monomates

I experienced the following as well, so I have submitted it on your behalf:

Cayenne - Invite Functionality

youcantcatchtheblue
Jan 27, 2012, 11:52 AM
Here's a suggestion:

For Keyboard & Mouse players it would be really nice to have a button you can just hold down to make the mouse cursor appear and let go of camera control for quick access to menus and icons on screen. It would also be nice if in this mode you could zoom in and out with the mouse wheel (I haven't found anything that lets you zoom the camera freely in the game, if this already exists then somebody please let me know!)

Thank you so much for doing this, and of course thank you SEGA for being so awesome to your fans!

Ezodagrom
Jan 27, 2012, 12:02 PM
I only have one thing that kinda annoys me in the keyboard + mouse controls, and it's related to the dodging.
To use the dodge skill I have to double tap any of the directional buttons (WASD), but the time allowed for the dodge skill between the 2 taps is a bit too high, I ended up using the dodge accidentally sometimes (for example, when trying to adjust my direction, i would be pressing forward and would slowly tap left or right, but I would use the dodge skill instead).

Sol_Vent
Jan 27, 2012, 01:42 PM
I had a strange glitch occur. Upon re-entering the Camp Ship during a mission and jumping into the telepool, I just fell through the water and got stuck in the sky. (What a weird thing to say.)

It's not really game-breaking or anything, since you can just choose to return to the lobby. I did, however, lose my quest progress. Still, I thought I'd post on it just in case.

uhawww
Jan 27, 2012, 02:09 PM
The following feedback entries have been submitted:

Jonathan_F - LUA scripting/UI Modding
youcantcatchtheblue - Camera Control Bindings
Ezodagrom - Keyboard Evasion

DarK-SuN
Jan 27, 2012, 03:43 PM
There's a bug with blocking and weapon switching.
If you're, for example, using the Wire Lance, block and during the block you switch to, for example, the Sword, you'll be stuck in Wire Lance block unable to do anything. Can't switch weapon, can't unblock, can't move, nothing, but you can still talk and access your menus; the only way is to abandon mission (if this happens mid mission) or return to lobby if you're in the ship.

•Col•
Jan 27, 2012, 03:51 PM
There's a bug with blocking and weapon switching.
If you're, for example, using the Wire Lance, block and during the block you switch to, for example, the Sword, you'll be stuck in Wire Lance block unable to do anything. Can't switch weapon, can't unblock, can't move, nothing, but you can still talk and access your menus; the only way is to abandon mission (if this happens mid mission) or return to lobby if you're in the ship.

That's a pretty serious bug. :l

Arika
Jan 28, 2012, 07:22 AM
Suggestion from me:

-Clothes should have more color option to each parts.
-Trap range to close, and it took to long time to activate the trap (I have to click it 2-3 times) basically it doesn't work so well yet.
-Need to reduce chat lag.

Fayorei
Jan 28, 2012, 09:20 AM
Got a couple suggestions:

-Putting a place to grind weapons at least on the ship right before missions at a terminal. Everything else is there, so why not! And also, maybe, a skill point allocating station.

-Very, very very inconsequential... boss portals being red would be cool.

That's all I got at the moment.

Cayenne
Jan 28, 2012, 09:22 AM
^^^boss portal red and BIGGER, PSO style!!!

uhawww
Jan 28, 2012, 10:21 AM
The following feedback has been submitted:

Arika - Trap Range and Activiation Time
Fayorei - Item Lab available in the Camp Ship
Fayorei - Boss Portal makeover

Additional customization options and game system latency are both issues already acknowledged by Sega.

Fayorei
Jan 28, 2012, 10:40 AM
Haha sorry, we're messing around in the lobby- photon chairs and benches. Or one of those.:O

Also, found a bug! A relatively mid-size one perhaps. If you extend your room with duplicates of any items in it, the extras disappear for good.

I had 2x plants and 2x red chairs set out. When I added the room extension, I said yes to put the furniture back in my inventory. After that, I only had 1 plant and 1 red chair. Very, very odd!

Masterflower
Jan 28, 2012, 05:36 PM
Heres a suggestion about dimates and trimates.

Instead of using the same animation for all three, add a bit to dimates and trimates.

Like when you use a trimate, you wipe your forehead after you drink it, and for dimates you could add a ''peace'' sign animation XD

Well they dont have to use my ideas but its a bit annoying after i use a dimate or trimate, i cant move for a lil bit even after the animation is done.

Edit:

I've encountered a glitch where a trap spawned to hold me in place, Arika killed it but it was still on my screen and I couldn't do anything til I left the party and rejoined. Also if there's too much stuff happening the the area the animations for techs and tech charging doesn't appear. Not really sure if this counts as well but in full screen mode PSO2 also freezes the LCD display of the Logitech keyboards (specifically I experience it on the G15) though this one doesn't really effect game play and it might even be game guard and not pso2 doing it.

I experienced this with Techs as well, all my animations disappeared randomly in the volcanio area, It could have that there was alot going on the field but after awhile I had no animations for spells. When I charged my spells, all i saw was the lining color for Foie, Barta, and Zonde but when I shot them, they would disappear. It fixed up after I went back to ship. It sounds a similar issue PSU had with tech spells.

Edit 2:
Idk if there is a button for it but I would like a button that lets to draw and sheath (http://www.surfcanyon.com/search?f=sl&q=sheath&partner=afb) your weapon. I think it would be better that way then waiting for the game to sheath my weapon when I'm not engaging.

BioWarrior
Jan 28, 2012, 05:43 PM
I've encountered a glitch where a trap spawned to hold me in place, Arika killed it but it was still on my screen and I couldn't do anything til I left the party and rejoined. Also if there's too much stuff happening the the area the animations for techs and tech charging doesn't appear. Not really sure if this counts as well but in full screen mode PSO2 also freezes the LCD display of the Logitech keyboards (specifically I experience it on the G15) though this one doesn't really effect game play and it might even be game guard and not pso2 doing it.

Neith
Jan 28, 2012, 05:48 PM
Not sure if it's been mentioned here but perhaps an option to have the HP/PP bars moveable would be nice (unless ive missed it). I find it much more natural to have health readout at the top left.

Final Fantasy XIV has it where it's customizable (you can drag/drop segments of it to different areas). Just a thought. Seeing as your eyes tend to focus on the top left first, important information should ideally be displayed there.

Omega-z
Jan 28, 2012, 06:23 PM
here's a bug that I noticed both day's and most likely already summit'd, when selling (item shops) items form your inventory, some of your items disappear from your list, Mostly weapons and units more of the later.

NoiseHERO
Jan 28, 2012, 06:27 PM
Yeah!

If someone didn't already mention it.

Make it so you can change the color of more parts on all the outfits!

Every default HUmar can't be wearing dark blue! D:

Zaix
Jan 28, 2012, 06:53 PM
I encountered a bug while fighting the dragon.

We were fighting for a while then a couple of us died. We get everyone revived. A bit later i die. My party then proceeded to use a moon on me. It didn't work... They tried again and again, using like 10. Then we just gave up. I just laid there to watch the fight. Then another party member dies. they try to revive him. He doesn't get up, but I do. They try to revive him again, they fail. I try and I managed to revive him.

Polantaris
Jan 28, 2012, 07:10 PM
Also if there's too much stuff happening the the area the animations for techs and tech charging doesn't appear.

Yeah I've noticed this one too. I think there's just too many effects in the area, newer ones don't draw properly. This is hopefully going to be reported by a lot of people, almost all of the Cave/Volcano area is like this. Very rarely do I see my own spells at this point. Forest is fine, but there's also no special effects in the Forest unlike the Cavern where there's explosions/flames/lava effects all over the place.

Vashyron
Jan 28, 2012, 07:21 PM
Oh yes, I also get that with any particle effects in caves randomly. Suddenly I can't see bullets, techs and such. I found no problems with forest though.

Cayenne
Jan 28, 2012, 07:25 PM
Lag can get so bad that players and special FX disappear at times.

Faiyez
Jan 28, 2012, 07:54 PM
I want to submit feedback: The game really needs this feature where you can zoom in or zoom out to have the camera pan closer or farther from your character.

I don't remember exactly what the mouse wheel is supposed to do in the Alpha, but I don't recall thinking it was very useful, and felt disappointed that the mouse wheel wasn't the camera pan that you see in other games.

I wanted get a closer look at my character in-game, but it looks like it's not possible right now.

Zaix
Jan 28, 2012, 08:07 PM
I want to submit feedback: The game really needs this feature where you can zoom in or zoom out to have the camera pan closer or farther from your character.

I don't remember exactly what the mouse wheel is supposed to do in the Alpha, but I don't recall thinking it was very useful, and felt disappointed that the mouse wheel wasn't the camera pan that you see in other games.

I wanted get a closer look at my character in-game, but it looks like it's not possible right now.

The mouse wheel is Weapon Pallete Switching. Clicking it brings up the Quick Menu.

Also, you can zoom in and out slightly with the + and - keys (Number Pad).

Polantaris
Jan 28, 2012, 08:07 PM

The mouse wheel lets you scroll through equipped weapons. It's a good placement (in my opinion), though I do agree with being able to zoom out on your character...just hopefully they don't replace what the mouse wheel currently does.

Faiyez
Jan 28, 2012, 08:11 PM
You're right guys, sorry! I got used to doing pallete swapping with the F key, so that's how I was doing it.

"En"
Jan 28, 2012, 08:11 PM

I'd love to have a way to zoom in / out as well, but for the sake of efficiency, I prefer having the mouse wheel used to scroll through your weapon roster. It feels very solid that way.

I have a few recommendations of feedback, as well:

Character Creation: Grant Humans and Newmans access to a sub color palette. I'm fine with clothes having set color choices, but it'd be nice to have the ability to switch up the sub colors. As it stands, it feels like Casts are leaps and bounds ahead of Humans and Newmans with their customization possibilities, having access to a full spectrum of colors for their main body, as well as three sub-part categories. Humans and Newmans can only select one color for their costume; nothing more. It feels very restraining.
Character Creation: I'd prefer it if head accessories had selectable colors. The black/yellow FOnewm hat look awkward on almost all costumes, and I'm sure some people would appreciate being able to modify the various Cat Ears to match their hair color. Being able to tint the lenses of the glasses, or modify the color of the frame, would also open up many customization possibilities.
Items: Not really a big concern, but if rare items could have a distinguished color on the map (items do show up on the map with markers, but there's no variation) it would make them easier to find. It might be worth backtracking if you see a rare item appear on the map.

That's all I can think of, at the moment. Any thoughts on these?

krux
Jan 28, 2012, 08:26 PM
I don't know if it's to late to ask for this but i would really love to see Photon Chairs back, also it would be nice if they made your items menu easier to use. Less small section to have to go threw

NoiseHERO
Jan 28, 2012, 08:27 PM
I'd love to have a way to zoom in / out as well, but for the sake of efficiency, I prefer having the mouse wheel used to scroll through your weapon roster. It feels very solid that way.

I have a few recommendations of feedback, as well:

Character Creation: Grant Humans and Newmans access to a sub color palette. I'm fine with clothes having set color choices, but it'd be nice to have the ability to switch up the sub colors. As it stands, it feels like Casts are leaps and bounds ahead of Humans and Newmans with their customization possibilities, having access to a full spectrum of colors for their main body, as well as three sub-part categories. Humans and Newmans can only select one color for their costume; nothing more. It feels very restraining.
Character Creation: I'd prefer it if head accessories had selectable colors. The black/yellow FOnewm hat look awkward on almost all costumes, and I'm sure some people would appreciate being able to modify the various Cat Ears to match their hair color. Being able to tint the lenses of the glasses, or modify the color of the frame, would also open up many customization possibilities.
Items: Not really a big concern, but if rare items could have a distinguished color on the map (items do show up on the map with markers, but there's no variation) it would make them easier to find. It might be worth backtracking if you see a rare item appear on the map.

That's all I can think of, at the moment. Any thoughts on these?

AGREED BECAUSE EVERYONE IGNORED ME WHEN I SAID IT.

Cayenne
Jan 28, 2012, 08:47 PM
I can do without photon chairs but we need somewhere to sit. Bring some benches, beanbag chairs, a homeless guy to sit on, SOMETHING.

Also, 2 more days til next test and 4 more days to submit feedback, plenty of time to discuss.

krux
Jan 28, 2012, 08:56 PM
Does any body know why there are healing animations? They seem pretty pointless, also i REALLY want photon chairs back

Cayenne
Jan 28, 2012, 08:58 PM
Does any body know why there are healing animations?

Style for one but mainly it give the game a challenge. Insta heal makes a game too easy.

maxx69
Jan 28, 2012, 09:00 PM
BRING BACK INJECTION

Cayenne
Jan 28, 2012, 09:04 PM
BRING BACK INJECTION

Oh how about this - keep the current animation EXCEPT for trimates, make those injections.

Zaix
Jan 28, 2012, 09:05 PM
Style for one but mainly it give the game a challenge. Insta heal makes a game too easy.
It also makes resta even more useful. Insta-popping mates makes resta kinda unneeded.

Masterflower
Jan 28, 2012, 09:06 PM
Does any body know why there are healing animations? They seem pretty pointless, also i REALLY want photon chairs back

Ask anyone who has played Monster Hunter. It is there to get you killed. The animations arent as bad as Monster Hunters so they add a little touch. Personally i think they should add animations to dimate and trimates. Cuz me still standing there after the drinking animation is done is a bit annoying. lol

krux
Jan 28, 2012, 09:11 PM
Well then that's my request

Please speed up the heal animations

Faiyez
Jan 28, 2012, 09:15 PM
I don't mean to start an argument, but the game is already on the easy side of things for seasoned pso'ers.

Just get out of the fray and heal up. No need to sacrifice the bit of challenge and "realism" as opposed to an insta-heal.

uhawww
Jan 28, 2012, 09:17 PM
Damn guys.
This is going to take a minute to catch up.

krux
Jan 28, 2012, 09:20 PM
I don't mean to start an argument, but the game is already on the easy side of things for seasoned pso'ers.

Just get out of the fray and heal up. No need to make things that easy.

I just like clean smooth game play but no worries, I'm sure when it comes out it will be all nice and clean

therealAERO
Jan 28, 2012, 09:23 PM
By clean and smooth you mean a game that lets you do what you want when you want which for you is immediately? I personally prefer there be some sort of strategy. Like choosing when it's safe to heal. If anything they should make it a teeny bit longer to heal. It's good you can't spam 10 in a second now.

Cayenne
Jan 28, 2012, 09:28 PM
The animation isn't a problem, infact I like it how it is and it shouldn't change.

I find I die more because I go in the middle of everything and get nailed by everything there and the animation isn't fast enough sometimes to heal and that's a good thing.

I got cocky a lot and I got murdered and I deserved it because I treated it like PSU which it's NOT. Enemies are no joke, use common sense and heal in a safe place.

uhawww
Jan 28, 2012, 09:29 PM
To repeat, please don't clutter this thread with discussion of other people's feedback requests.
Please use other threads to discuss these things.

Also, a lot of the bug requests I'm seeing are specifically latency-related.
I'm going to comb the notices and JP BBS. If they have been acknowledged and already under investigation, I will report back here.

Faiyez
Jan 28, 2012, 09:31 PM
On the other hand, if krux's concern is about addressing the lag that you would occasionally experience while waiting to heal up AFTER the animation is over, then I understand where he's coming from (no need to start an argument really ^^)

krux
Jan 28, 2012, 09:37 PM
On the other hand, if krux's concern is about addressing the lag that you would occasionally experience while waiting to heal up AFTER the animation is over, then I understand where he's coming from (no need to start an argument really ^^)

Yeah sorry^^; that is what i want fixed..no sleep for me only work and alpha

Serephim
Jan 28, 2012, 09:40 PM
This game seems to scale in difficulty quite well. During my play sessions, it seems to creep up on you pretty damn easily.

It doesn't take much for this game's difficulty level to shoot up dramatically, though. Enemies are pretty lax with their attack frequency. Were it a bit higher, some areas of this game could easily be suicidal (during Code: Attack or Multiparty areas, where enemies literally swarm the stage). We should be happy this game has a FAIR difficulty to it right now, though.

In terms of healing? Mates are probably a bit too easy to find, but this is a result mostly of player-specific drop rates IMO, or just really high rates of them dropping. Resta's healing ability is pretty OP, but just like anything, if you force yourself to have to use it in the middle of a battle, it can easily be quite risky.

The difficulty is fine. IMO. The enemy behavior is pretty good on this game, and they seem to be well equipped with moves to use in order to hold their own in higher difficulties. (The Caves enemies can block, attack, counter attack, AND shield rush you.)

For instance, have you ever been surrounded by Savage Wolves in an area where you're alone? Long story short, your HP will fall very, very fast. They have no trouble jumping behind you, and will blindside attack the moment you expose your back.

And unlike in PSO1, they don't miss. Don't know how it is for Hunters, but i had to run my ass off with my force.

therealAERO
Jan 28, 2012, 09:43 PM
*Request*

When launching enemies please make them launch higher or make them stay up longer.

Serephim
Jan 28, 2012, 09:50 PM
you probably just need to attack faster.

Enemies look like they USED to launch higher, and players also used to be able to stay in the air longer. The nerfed air combat is the best thing about Hunter gameplay on this version IMO.

IMO the air combat mechanics are perfect as they are. It shouldn't be easy for hunters to jump up and swipe birds out the sky.

Well then that's my request*

Please speed up the heal animations

No way. If anything, they might need to be slower.

My request?

Please make un-charged Techniques cost less PP than charged ones. They may do more damage now, but using them is still a massive waste of PP.

uhawww
Jan 28, 2012, 11:09 PM
The following Feedback has been submitted:

Masterflower - Differing Animations for Di/Trimates
Masterflower - Manual Draw/Sheath command
Neith - Moveable UI
"En" - Rare item indicator on the mini-map
therealAERO - More air time on launchers
Serephim - PP cost of charged and un-charged techs.
Multiple - Improved zoom in and out key bindings
Multiple - Photon Chairs

As I have personally experienced these, the following reports have been submitted:

Multiple - Animation/Particle effects during high traffic sequences
Multiple - Item disappearance during merchant/item box/My Room management

Issues with use of Moon Atomizers and other AoE effects during high latency has already been acknowledged by Sega and is being investigated. The have also acknowledged certain issues are related to additional server polling done due to code in place for testing purposes. Sega will adjust accordingly to see if the situation improves moving into the 3rd and 4th sessions.

Nearly all of the issues being lists are also being noted by a non-negligible number of users on the JP BBS.
I will keep my eye on the situation and report back as necessary.

Vashyron
Jan 29, 2012, 03:35 PM
Could I request on someway to be able to respec skill trees?

Thanks.

xCypherx
Jan 29, 2012, 03:58 PM
I had a problem that when i brought up my menu bar and tried to click on the Inventory button, nothing happened the inventory just wouldn't open. I didn't bother restarting the application or logging out, it continued to not let me use the inventory for about 2 hours before servers went down.

Did anyone else experience this?
And how can i submit this to sega?

Ce'Nedra
Jan 29, 2012, 05:06 PM
I got one though its minor.

When i watched Zero DX's stream the 2nd day near the end he was messing arround in his room. When he put a carpet under his Ko Tats Table it was impossible to get the table in the center of it, no matter what. Its a small things that i think they can fix easly. Something like that bugged me in PSU as well.

Agitated_AT
Jan 30, 2012, 07:28 AM
If possible, a day and night cycle in specifically the forest area. Doesn't matter what way it get's implemented. Wether it'd change ingame or is set from the start is all fine by me. Just think this will set the mood right and would be a great throwback to forest 2 from PSO.

I also want to second the person who mentioned the music. It seems like the music keeps starting from a fixed point everytime it changes. This makes it feel like listening to a 10 second track going back to back from battle to rest.

Ezodagrom
Jan 30, 2012, 09:40 AM
A small suggestion, it would be nice if the transition from rainy weather to clear weather was slower. When it stops raining, would be nicer if the weather stayed cloudy for some time and then it would clear up, instead of going from rain to clear almost instantly.

uhawww
Jan 30, 2012, 09:50 AM

Vashyron - Ability Respec
Ce'Nedra - Refined gridding/object centering for Room layouts
Agitated_AT - Day/Night cycles
Ezodagrom - Slower weather transitions

Arika
Jan 30, 2012, 10:03 AM
There is one thing that I find very important.
It is kind of photon blast in PSO. or summon in PSPo2.

Well, it is more fun if you have kind of big attack that is limited in use.

SELENNA
Jan 30, 2012, 10:07 AM
There is one thing that I find very important.
It is kind of photon blast in PSO. or summon in PSPo2.

Well, it is more fun if you have kind of big attack that is limited in use.

I'm sure this is still under wraps (i.e. mags)

MeatlessBox
Jan 30, 2012, 03:13 PM
Been a long time stalker. I had to make an account here, just to post this, but I really found the need to take "action". ^^;
I completely agree with what "En", Arika and Rock Eastwood said about the character creation.

I truly think that the Humans and Newmans should have more color choices in their clothes, such like Casts have several sub-colors in theirs. Many of their clothes look almost exactly the same, because of so little variation in their colors.
It's unfair for Casts to have the option to change the colors like that, when the other two races don't.

And another very bothering thing in the character creation is the colors of the accessories. The fact that you can't change the color of them, makes most of them useless, if you want the colors to match your character's. I know that some hats change to the color of your main color, then why not the glasses, ears, and every other accessory? For example, my character's main color is black, and I "NEED" him to wear sunglasses and to match too, but the only choices I have, is the yellow sunglasses....or the other ones, which do not fit the character at all. I love the yellow ones, and want them, but I need them to be black or gray.

And the last thing that I want to request, is more pupil/iris choices. Right now there is 6 different ones, but only have 3 different sizes. I just find the amount of them to be extremely lacking compared to the eyebrows, eyelashes, accessories, ect. I think the 3 sizes are supposed to be big, medium and small...but somehow I find them all to be only medium. Especially on male characters, the small one, really isn't small at all in my opinion. My main character is supposed to have absolutely tiny pupil/iris, with a lot of the white part of the eye showing, which was possible in PSU, but not anymore, which quite frankly bothers me.

Now, I know that all these "cosmetic" things are last on the priority list, and I understand and agree on that. But still I would appreciate it a lot uhawww, if you put these things on the feedback/request list when you can, since me, Rock Eastwood, "En", Arika and some other people on Youtube comments and other sites have been asking for these things and have been quite bothered about them for some time now. I'm sure it's hard to translate all of these feedbacks/requests from so many different people, and I would love to help translating, but I know nothing about japanese language unfortunately. :-?

P.S: I haven't played the game, but have seen more than enough character creation videos from the alpha.

"En"
Jan 30, 2012, 03:27 PM
I'm sure that some Japanese players are also raising this concern, but I wouldn't want to take any chances with the customization. I actually had a small debate with my sister over whether or not I should submit those ideas, and she made me realize that Sega has been very upfront with us over character customization, and what we see could potentially be the final build. As it stands, Human and Newman customization is not much different from how customization worked for them in PSU/PSP2, and it frightens me to think that I'd be so irked with the costumes that it would actually dissuade me from playing anything but my HUcast.

It's not a concern that relates to gameplay, but I feel that this particular concern is one that is just as important. To some of us, our immersion into a role-playing game is rooted with our character concept. It would be easy to play the game without putting any customization into our appearance, but we can't bring ourselves to do that, because we want these characters to define themselves.

I agree that it shouldn't take priority over gameplay qualms and known bugs/glitches, but if you could find the time to translate the suggestion and submit it, I'm sure that more than a few people would be very pleased.

uhawww
Jan 30, 2012, 03:48 PM
Feedback submitted:
MeatlessBox - Character Creation

Sega has stated on multiple occasions that Character Creation is indeed incomplete in its current form and they do intend on still expanding it in future tests, but I've made sure to be specific on your details as noted.

Enforcer MKV
Jan 30, 2012, 04:03 PM
Feedback submitted:
MeatlessBox - Character Creation

Sega has stated on multiple occasions that Character Creation is indeed incomplete in its current form and they do intend on still expanding it in future tests, but I've made sure to be specific on your details as noted.

Well....that's reassuring. I quite like the direction that Sega is heading. If they started doing this with all their games, well....hell, that'd be awesome. We might just get the old Sega back that everyone loved so dearly...

I'm already looking forward to this and Binary Domain.

MeatlessBox
Jan 30, 2012, 04:06 PM
Thanks uhawww, good to hear the character creation is still incomplete, maybe there's still room for change then. ;-)

And just going to say here, that I hope in the character creation, they would make it that you can choose the color/colors for your clothes, like you can with the hair and eyes. And by that I mean like the square box that you can freely choose your color from, rather than to be only able to pick from a certain amount of pre-made colors like how it is now. At least would make more sense then. :confused:

Enforcer MKV
Jan 30, 2012, 04:10 PM
Thanks uhawww, good to hear the character creation is still incomplete, maybe there's still room for change then. ;-)

And just going to say here, that I hope in the character creation, they would make it that you can choose the color/colors for your clothes, like you can with the hair and eyes. And by that I mean like the square box that you can freely choose your color from, rather than to be only able to pick from a certain amount of pre-made colors like how it is now. At least would make more sense then. :confused:

Kinda wondering why they didn't do that from the get-go, honestly....

But yeah, just gonna throw my two cents into this, we're part of the community, it'd be nice for our voices to be heard.

Serephim
Jan 30, 2012, 04:34 PM
They have the square boxes ATM because the unit equipment and MAGs all mold themselves to that color in order to appear part of your uniform.

MeatlessBox
Jan 30, 2012, 07:38 PM
I just kinda thought up a couple of more "suggestions/requests"? :confused:
Maybe not as "important" and oftenly asked as the ones on my first post, but still thought I'd put these here.

One thing I thought would be nice, is a thing in the character creation that shows how much your character weights. Just like currently, there is a thing in the top right corner that tells the height of the character, they could put a similar thing in there that tells the weight.

Another thing that would be good...is that if you could change your lips color like you can with the hair and eyes. Not just the pre-made colors that count as accessories I think? But similar to like it is in PSU.

And lastly, one that I never have heard asked before; a possibility to change the color of your eyelashes. I always wanted that for some reason, because it's something you rarely ever see in any game, and could really make up some intresting looking characters. I mean, you can do it with the eyebrows, then why not eyelashes?

P.S: The reason I'm only commenting about the character creation part, is because I haven't played the game so I don't want to, or even can, give good quality feedback about the actualy gameplay.

Cayenne
Jan 30, 2012, 07:46 PM
Eyelash color? That's going way into detail.

Vashyron
Jan 30, 2012, 07:59 PM
This would be feedback... or a "bug" perhaps?

Could they try to make the lighting in the character creation and cut-ins match the "outside?" I was making a character and was quite pleased with it's skin tone, but when I went in game it looked very pale compared to if I use a cut-in which looks exactly how it was in character creation.

(I guess I could easily get a picture of this at the next alpha date.)

Resanoca
Jan 30, 2012, 08:03 PM
This would be feedback... or a "bug" perhaps?

Could they try to make the lighting in the character creation and cut-ins match the "outside?" I was making a character and was quite pleased with it's skin tone, but when I went in game it looked very pale compared to if I use a cut-in which looks exactly how it was in character creation.

(I guess I could easily get a picture of this at the next alpha date.)Yeah, I noticed that as well. Dx

MeatlessBox
Jan 30, 2012, 08:04 PM
Eyelash color? That's going way into detail.

Oh I know it is. That's why I left it in to the END of the comment, cause it's not THAT important, just a bonus stuff or something? No need to take it as a -must-request. Just a little something that could be done for more customization. If they did such a thing, it would really be the first time I'd see that happening. Oh and I didn't mean that you could change the color of it into whatever you want. More like what you can do with the eyebrows. Put it into the same as the hair or leave it the usual black.

The weight thing and lips are the ones I really think should be there, since the lip color was in PSU and the height is already there in PSO2 then why not weight too.

And on topic about feedbacks/bugs, I noticed too that the lighting in the character creation is a little too neutral compared to the rest of the games, like Vashyron said. I know it's meant to be "neutral", but it really can cause wrong choises in colors, the way it is now.

Cayenne
Jan 30, 2012, 08:10 PM
I think SEGA will only add changes to char customization that you AND others can see or even notice at all. I didn't even know they had eyelashes. Seems like a waste of time and just useless but one can wish i guess.

Also yes to in-game lighting as my RAcaseal's outfit came out a little too on the baby blue side. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2715701&postcount=51

uhawww
Jan 30, 2012, 09:10 PM

MeatlessBox - Character biometrics during character creation
MeatlessBox - Independent color selection for character details
Vashyron - Dynamic lighting control during character creation

Serephim
Jan 30, 2012, 09:13 PM
- Foliage (like grass) will actually stop a charged Technique. I dont think it's really an issue, but i found it kind of odd.

It's good that it's able to collide with it, but it probably shouldn't stop it.

Trees do the same thing, but that's understandable. I guess they just kind of overlooked it. Does collision with grass stop bullets as well?

Blueblur
Jan 30, 2012, 09:27 PM
Gameplay Feedback:

Character movement acceleration is too slow. I don't know if this is an issue when playing with the keyboard, but when playing with a controller your character walks at a slow speed for about 1 second or so before instantly accelerating to the full run speed. This is very annoying when starting and stopping on a consistent basis. If I push the control stick all the way in one direction my character should burst into a full speed run immediately like in PSU.

Agitated_AT
Jan 30, 2012, 11:30 PM
I would like to suggest a landing animation at the start of a ruin/dungeon just like the cinematic trailer if that hasn't been mentioned yet :P

NoiseHERO
Jan 30, 2012, 11:43 PM
Glad more people picked up on the character creation thing.

I'm sure this game is very awesome. But I and many other find customization to be really important. From the looks, it already seems like they could add more hairstyles (Where's the afro's on guys? those doodoo cornrows don't make up for anything.)

And yeah I can tell my voice has no real power on these forums since everyone I related to probably moved on or got banned. And I'm probably aggrivated OP or something by simply making this post, after telling us to keep this thread to suggestions and that SEGA already mentioned character creation was incomplete or whatever.

BUT YEAH.

Hoping they make a LOT more improvements. they're THIS close to having everything, but "THIS CLOSE" is looking like "WHERE'S THE REST?" right now, but hopefully that's just because this is only an alpha.

Serephim
Jan 30, 2012, 11:58 PM
I would like to suggest a landing animation at the start of a ruin/dungeon just like the cinematic trailer if that hasn't been mentioned yet :P

That would actually be really, really awesome. Im also expecting them to eventually add the crystalization thing too, maybe.

I do think they were very creative with the Telepipes. When you lay a telepipe a grid appears, you jump into it and choose where you want to go. Essentially it's the same as PSU's crystal system, but it just feels more innovative.

Glad more people picked up on the character creation thing.

I'm sure this game is very awesome. But I and many other find customization to be really important. From the looks, it already seems like they could add more hairstyles (Where's the afro's on guys? those doodoo cornrows don't make up for anything.)

And yeah I can tell my voice has no real power on these forums since everyone I related to probably moved on or got banned. And I'm probably aggrivated OP or something by simply making this post, after telling us to keep this thread to suggestions and that SEGA already mentioned character creation was incomplete or whatever.

BUT YEAH.

Hoping they make a LOT more improvements. they're THIS close to having everything, but "THIS CLOSE" is looking like "WHERE'S THE REST?" right now, but hopefully that's just because this is only an alpha.

You still have me! :3333

Honestly, this game is lacking a few things, but the sheer amount of improvements over PSP2i im seeing from simply playing the game (using Hunter that has only 3 weapons, and Force/Ranger that only have ONE), this game can only move upwards from this point IMO.

It's interesting to say though, cosmetic customization seems to be the weakest part of this game, at the moment. This is probably because they probably originally planned for armors and stuff to have stats, but since players of PSU complained so hard they are changing stuff around.

therealAERO
Jan 31, 2012, 12:15 AM
I have to agree with the complainers. Introducing stats to cosmetic things like clothing will force players to use the best gear even if they don't like the look. You could say the same about super rare weapons not being as cool as lower starred weapons but eh what can you do.

Serephim
Jan 31, 2012, 01:49 AM
Gameplay Feedback:

Character movement acceleration is too slow. I don't know if this is an issue when playing with the keyboard, but when playing with a controller your character walks at a slow speed for about 1 second or so before instantly accelerating to the full run speed. This is very annoying when starting and stopping on a consistent basis. If I push the control stick all the way in one direction my character should burst into a full speed run immediately like in PSU.

It's done on purpose. In PSO, you were forced to walk before you were able to run. On this game, you jog before you sprint.

It's more of a stylized thing, but it has a purpose. It makes it harder for you to just walk out of the way of crap like in PSU, but it also allows the movement speed to be fast enough so moving around the map when not fighting isn't slow and annoying.

Polantaris
Jan 31, 2012, 01:50 AM
- Foliage (like grass) will actually stop a charged Technique. I dont think it's really an issue, but i found it kind of odd.

It's good that it's able to collide with it, but it probably shouldn't stop it.

Trees do the same thing, but that's understandable. I guess they just kind of overlooked it. Does collision with grass stop bullets as well?

I think Grass stops Technics like Foie because they count as hits. It also destroys the grass. I don't think Barta, which seems to have unlimited hits, gets stopped, but also still cuts down grass.

I have to agree with the complainers. Introducing stats to cosmetic things like clothing will force players to use the best gear even if they don't like the look. You could say the same about super rare weapons not being as cool as lower starred weapons but eh what can you do.

That's not necessarily true. I've run into people in PSU who don't wear line shields because it ruins their outfit's look. I wish I was kidding.

A maybe bug:
When you're using Technics, their range is shorter (MUCH) if you do not have a target. For example, you see an enemy far away. You start to charge your technic. If you release right as he goes into targeting range, where he gets the red triangles, you will shoot at him and hit him, regardless of his distance, as long as you don't miss. This range is VERY long, if anyone has not noticed. On the other side, if you shoot right BEFORE he gets the targeting triangles...the technic barely goes anywhere. It doesn't even go half the distance it would if the monster had been targeted. I think this is a bug, but it might just be a design choice (a silly one in my opinion).

Also, the traps that create the poison shockwave...those absolutely need to be targetable. If one spawns, they're almost impossible to destroy in a timely manner, and they can kill you by themselves because of how much damage they do.

therealAERO
Jan 31, 2012, 01:56 AM
Don't you have to hop up on top of them and turn them to good waves?

Serephim
Jan 31, 2012, 02:21 AM
Yeah with a bit of practice they aren't nearly as dangerous anymore.

You can actually jump inbetween the waves to get to them.

Polantaris
Jan 31, 2012, 02:24 AM
They shouldn't do nearly the amount of damage they do then. Something about them should be changed. I got hit by the edge of the wave once and took 75% of my health in damage, and the poison would have finished me off (If it doesn't put you at 1), if I hadn't healed. That's way too much damage for a trap. If I were in the middle of the waves it would have killed me because of hits causing you to freeze and unable to move.

Serephim
Jan 31, 2012, 02:30 AM
I didn't mind them. You can easily walk around them, avoid them, and there are a shortage of things that can actually make you use your healing items on this game anyway.

It's like the spikes on Megaman or something. When you KNOW they're gonna do you in, it causes you to be more cautious of them. I could see if the traps were just unavoidable, but that isn't the case. In the worse case scenario, you can just avoid them altogether instead of trying to deactivate them.

And my level 5 hunter didn't even get 75% of my health taken.

therealAERO
Jan 31, 2012, 02:39 AM
I love that the traps are just down right deadly! I love that you have to slow down and carefully hop through the rings. That's good design. At least in my eyes. Making them easier defeats the purpose. Traps should just straight F you up I think. Need outside forces to keep us on our toes.

Polantaris
Jan 31, 2012, 02:39 AM
I didn't mind them. You can easily walk around them, avoid them, and there are a shortage of things that can actually make you use your healing items on this game anyway.

It's like the spikes on Megaman or something. When you KNOW they're gonna do you in, it causes you to be more cautious of them. I could see if the traps were just unavoidable, but that isn't the case. In the worse case scenario, you can just avoid them altogether instead of trying to deactivate them.

And my level 5 hunter didn't even get 75% of my health taken.

You've gotten lucky with trap placement then. I've had them spawn in the middle of smaller passages and completely block the passage.

And you can't compare them to Spikes. Spikes are always known. You always see them. Traps are invisible until you activate them (Unless CASTs can see them no matter what, but even then not everyone is going to play CAST).

About the health; then Forces must have a lot less Health. I almost shat myself the first time I got hit by one of those traps. I had to go around through another path to get where I was going. But I can already see situations where that won't be possible(See above, just remove the extra path just mentioned).

I love that the traps are just down right deadly! I love that you have to slow down and carefully hop through the rings. That's good design. At least in my eyes. Making them easier defeats the purpose. Traps should just straight F you up I think. Need outside forces to keep us on our toes.

Or the enemies could just be harder. There's no reason that the entire game should be a cakewalk, then one trap instantly destroys you. It doesn't support proper scaling.

You guys forget that the forest is the FIRST AREA in the game. There's a difference when this trap is on the 3rd or 4th area, but in the first it's just way too unbalanced compared to the rest.

Serephim
Jan 31, 2012, 02:54 AM
Honestly, i've gotten both hunter and force past level 17, and while those traps were definitely deadly, they were nothing worth me complaining about.

I could see if simply being NEAR them damaged you, but that isn't the case -- the game actually registers each wave as its own collision point, so you're able to fairly jump between them. I think they are designed quite fairly, unlike PSU's traps which are usually inescapable.

Theres nothing wrong with those traps to me. It's a TRAP. It's SUPPOSED to be dangerous. And seeing as Mirage Dash is the absolute best skill for safe platforming on the game right now, Forces should have the easiest time deactivating them. (not to mention, Resta / Anti)

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Jan 31, 2012, 02:54 AM
I know this may be a very lackluster "Suggestion/Request" but...

I really like Weaponless Fighting. It makes you feel really tough when you take down an enemy with your bare hands. I find it pretty neat that even then, you can still use PAs. I'm kind of wondering if Sega is going to expand on that, to the point of having move PAs for fighting without weapons, or have knuckles or different fighting styles as 'Equipment' for that kind of fighting.

Just something I've thought about before, from mental thoughts of my RAmarl doing One-Inch Punches to her enemies. ^^;

Agitated_AT
Jan 31, 2012, 06:02 AM
That would actually be really, really awesome. Im also expecting them to eventually add the crystalization thing too, maybe.

I do think they were very creative with the Telepipes. When you lay a telepipe a grid appears, you jump into it and choose where you want to go. Essentially it's the same as PSU's crystal system, but it just feels more innovative.

Yeah it just crossed my mind all of a sudden after watching a video of someone entering from town. Most video's start in the forest/cave themselves. It looks a bit weird seeing them jump into the pool and then after the loading screen, seeing a static character standing still as if nothing happened.

It doesn't have to be anything extraordinary, but just so things feel a bbit more connected.

I don't know how this should work at closed dungeons however. Maybe have an opening above at the start. But at least let it be menetioned at the devs would be a start. Now let's cross our fingers it'll make it in the final product X

Blueblur
Jan 31, 2012, 07:22 AM
It's done on purpose. In PSO, you were forced to walk before you were able to run. On this game, you jog before you sprint.

It's more of a stylized thing, but it has a purpose. It makes it harder for you to just walk out of the way of crap like in PSU, but it also allows the movement speed to be fast enough so moving around the map when not fighting isn't slow and annoying.

The transition could be smoother at least. It literally goes from a jog to full run after a second or so.

Vent
Jan 31, 2012, 07:49 AM
I'm kind of wondering if Sega is going to expand on that, to the point of having move PAs for fighting without weapons, or have knuckles or different fighting styles as 'Equipment' for that kind of fighting.

The old PSO had weapons that uses the bare-hand animation, the question is if Sega wants to give that a whirl again.

Aiex
Jan 31, 2012, 09:43 AM
That would be pretty cool. How about a pile drive PA? lol

No, but seriously, I wouldn't be surprised to see some fist PA's.

uhawww
Jan 31, 2012, 01:19 PM
Serephim - Tech deterioration on environmental collision
Blueblur - Run speed delay
Agitated_AT - Landing animation(s) from Camp Ship deployment
Polantaris - Tech range for targeting
Polantaris - Damage scaling on proximity wave-type traps
RikkiBlackNanobeast - Expansion on unarmed combat

The collision question was asked on the BBS as well.
As it stands, Environmental collision with projectiles and techs are working as designed.

Serephim
Jan 31, 2012, 02:14 PM
I figured as much. When you swing with a sword and hit the grass, it pauses as if you hit an enemy. Otherwise it wouldn't really feel like you just swung through grass.

Arika
Feb 1, 2012, 02:34 AM
Suggestion regard to accessibility.

-You should be able to switch character without go all the way back into title menu. (Best to just go back into character selection menu instead)

-You should be able to check your friend character level from the card list.

Suggestion relate to game-play.

-Should have 2 sec cool down in-between each evade command. This is to disable spam, and I m against the idea of use PP to evade like PSPo2 which wasn't work well.

-I ll say this again in case if they didn't plan to do it this time. We need photon blast. or any kind of trump card attack.

-Need more unique action between race.

Forever Zero
Feb 1, 2012, 05:19 AM
Ok couple of things I discovered.

First one is more of a bug. When another player off screen says something their chat bubble sometimes seems to dance all around the screen. Sometimes it is so bad it appears to shake real fast making it impossible to read.

Another thing, not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but it's annoying. On the camp ship I was in the item shop menu and when the party leader selected a new mission the game forced me out of the item shop and into a loading screen for a quick second, then sent me to the center of the camp ship. I had this one happen twice.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Sleepy... z_z

Spellbinder
Feb 1, 2012, 09:50 AM
Not sure if its on my end (probably is but wondering if anyone else has experienced it), but when fighting in the volcano area, at random points I can't see special effects from photon arts, technics, etc.

Cayenne
Feb 1, 2012, 10:54 AM
^same but it could be lag.

Had a major trap bug that disabled my char completely. Had to restart.

Really need a dedicated dash button or an option to remove dash from double tapping. Can't count how many times i dash by accident and mess up my tech, sometimes i drop in the lava.

Arika
Feb 1, 2012, 11:03 AM
Don't know if this is just pretty bad luck or it is a bug.

As a hunter (sub char) I try to grind item for my main character. my rifle is Full Cylinder +2. and I plan to add "stun lv 1" into it.

The result show that success rate is 80%. but I did 3 times waste 2,7000 and 3 weapons with stun ability, all failed in vein.

I would assume it as bad luck first, but the fail rate is 0.2x0.2x0.2 = 0.008 so I think this may be a bug.

redroses
Feb 1, 2012, 11:14 AM
I would like to suggest something aswell.

As it seems, there is no real option to always turn of the hud when a screenshot is taken. I remember this being an option on the psp2i version, and would really like to have this option again. Because if you want to take nice screenshots(or screenshots while in the middle of combat) with hunters, holding shift (+print) will make you block.

Also, I would like to have the option to be able to switch whenever I please between hovering and walking for Casts.

I don't know if this would be possible, but I would also like to request rooms not being shared with all characters, but each character having his own room again. I can understand if it's not possible for whatever reason, but asking can't hurt.

Like Arika said, different animations for races/gender would be really really nice and give the game an extra touch.

That is all for now, and thank you very much for taking the time to do this!

Vent
Feb 1, 2012, 11:44 AM
Okay it's time for me to suggest a few things as well. Thanks to the translators who are willing to sacrifice their free time for this.

Camera In My Room's Balcony:
When at the balcony of your room, your camera will not go outside the balcony. In other words, there is an invisible wall in mid-air that blocks your camera. It feels very unnatural not to mention a nuisance when you're trying to get a good view of the balcony. However, maybe the 3D models outside the balcony just aren't there, so you are not supposed to be able to see the outside of the balcony.

Sheathing/Unsheathing:
I know someone here and probably many others have suggested to add manual sheathing/unsheathing of your weapon. I agree with this, but I also want to add the following. At the moment, there is really no advantage whatsoever to have your weapon unsheathed. The unsheathing animation is practically non-existent. There should be an animation and a delay when unsheathing your weapon, so the player should not unsheathe her weapon without thinking. This animation however, should not force your character to stand still, just like the sheathing animation.
If the above would be implemented, one also has to consider removing the effect of some enemies' attacks that forces the player to sheath her weapon (Rockbear grab, red blob tentacle grab, knock back attacks?).

Character Voice Use:
The game feels a bit silent. The only thing you seem to ever hear during battle is the background music and the various effect sounds. The chance that your and other characters roar should be increased if you ask me.

Unique Boss Backgroundmusic:
It seems bosses of a certain area just use the regular score of that area. I bet this will be changed in retail, but just for completeness, I will mention it here.

SuKKrl
Feb 1, 2012, 11:51 AM
Suggestion that came to mind:
Have a chat window filter that displays only party and open chat. As it is now we can choose one or the other, only way to have both is on the default setting, but it shows the PSE and item drop messages.

uhawww
Feb 1, 2012, 02:23 PM
Initiating Code: Translation

Serephim
Feb 1, 2012, 02:34 PM
weapon sheathing seems like an entirely cosmetic thing to me.

Ezodagrom
Feb 1, 2012, 03:00 PM
I guess this is a rather small bug, but I guess it's still worth reporting, sometimes the music changes from battle to calm while still in battle.

uhawww
Feb 1, 2012, 03:45 PM

Arika - Return to Character Select
Arika - Character Level polling from card list
Arika - Evasion cooldown timer
Arika - Photon Blast or Time/Meter based powerful action
Arika - More unique racial actions and animations
Forever Zero - Chat bubble position when character is off-screen
Forever Zero - Party member confirmation before loading new Camp Ship after quest acceptance
Cayenne - Dedicated dash keyboard binding
redroses - UI removal for screenshots
redroses - Active Hover/Run selections for CASTS
redroses - Unique My Room for each character
Vent - Camera freedom outside of My Room Balcony
Vent - Manual sheathing/unsheathing
Vent - Increased character speech occurances
Vent - More unique boss battle music tracks
SuKKrl - Improved chat window filters

kyuuketsuki
Feb 1, 2012, 04:14 PM
Suggestion:

The level design, as it is, feels a bit too... "generic". There should be memorable locations (think PSO like with the waterfall room in the caves, the large room with the hole blasted in it in the ruins, etc.). More landmarks.

Also, currently, there is no reason to use uncharged techniques. They cost the same PP, do much less damage than charged techs (the same or less than a physical attack in many cases), and the charge time and forced walk of the charged techs is not a significant drawback. It'd also be nice if uncharged techs could flow into an attack combo more smoothly.

Tyreek
Feb 1, 2012, 04:50 PM
I just thought I should note, in case anyone else had this happen or not. A friend and I have noticed random damage popups going on in the field every so often. And the occasional level up sound that follows after a while, along with PSE occuring. Kinda ghastly, since it was just us. We were not in a multi-party area either.

SELENNA
Feb 1, 2012, 05:15 PM
I just thought I should note, in case anyone else had this happen or not. A friend and I have noticed random damage popups going on in the field every so often. And the occasional level up sound that follows after a while, along with PSE occuring. Kinda ghastly, since it was just us. We were not in a multi-party area either.

Just the monsters leveling up to kill you

kyuuketsuki
Feb 1, 2012, 05:57 PM
Sure it wasn't delayed effects due to lag?

Anon_Fire
Feb 1, 2012, 11:18 PM
How come nobody ever brought up "Word Select"?

Spellbinder
Feb 1, 2012, 11:20 PM
Also, currently, there is no reason to use uncharged techniques. They cost the same PP, do much less damage than charged techs (the same or less than a physical attack in many cases), and the charge time and forced walk of the charged techs is not a significant drawback. It'd also be nice if uncharged techs could flow into an attack combo more smoothly.

This was a pretty big topic on the BBS as well, hopefully this gets adjusted.

NoiseHERO
Feb 1, 2012, 11:33 PM
Just the monsters leveling up to kill you

The monsters are desperate after being murdered in cold blood in their own home these past 13 years that they've lost their minds and started to kill each other just to get strong enough to take on hunters.

Menochi
Feb 1, 2012, 11:42 PM
The monsters are desperate after being murdered in cold blood in their own home these past 13 years that they've lost their minds and started to kill each other just to get strong enough to take on hunters.

Different species of monsters do actually attack each other if you don't provoke them into deciding you're the bigger threat.

Dinosaur
Feb 2, 2012, 12:01 AM
The shift command with Gunslash can be activated at ANY time. This includes while knocked down or in the process of being knocked down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ-iWu05StM

D-Inferno
Feb 2, 2012, 12:21 AM
When changing the weapon for one of your three palettes, the stat differences(+5, -8, ect) match that of the slot your character has currently equipped, even if youare editing a different slot.

Example: You have Weapon Slot 1 equipped. You are trying to change Weapon Slot 2. However, the +/-'s for all the different weapons are that of Weapon Slot 1's. This is can be annoying if you are trying to replace your weapon with a stronger version.

NoiseHERO
Feb 2, 2012, 12:27 AM
The shift command with Gunslash can be activated at ANY time. This includes while knocked down or in the process of being knocked down.

?PSO2? Phantasy Star Online 2 - Gunslash glitch - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ-iWu05StM)

That is the most ninja thing I have ever seen in a phantasy star game since...

Lag frozen while flying across the room in a stuck in the middle of a dagger PA in PSU...

Resanoca
Feb 2, 2012, 01:01 AM
Something I'm gonna throw there that I noticed. This is more for visual pleasure, but the small tunnels/caves in the forest area... When it rains, it rains through the caves as well.
It started raining and I go "I'll just go in the cave for shel-- wat."

Something else I wanted to add has to do with Casts. No idea if anything was said on this, but if possible, I'd like to be able to hover while shooting. The RAcast in the opening video did it, why can't we? ;;

therealAERO
Feb 2, 2012, 01:15 AM
It didn't rain for me when I went into the cave.

Also request

Please make it so Party invites, player cards, etc notifications get their own icons so you can click on them later even if you were checking your stats or something while it was sent.

Do you guys know what I am talking about?

Cayenne
Feb 2, 2012, 01:17 AM
^Yes (my team mates know ALL about this)

Tyreek
Feb 2, 2012, 01:27 AM
Sure it wasn't delayed effects due to lag?

Oh I'm pretty sure. We just started the mission and noticed it was happening before there were even spawns.

... And I of all people know about delayed effects from lag, being that I play on a terrible network lol.

Serephim
Feb 2, 2012, 02:19 AM

?PSO2? Phantasy Star Online 2 - Gunslash glitch - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ-iWu05StM)

GUNSLASH FOR GOD TIER

Crystal_Shard
Feb 2, 2012, 02:46 AM
@ Serephim: It's probably just moving fingers into the trigger position. Not like a full on transform sequence. XD

OT: Would like to add one to feedback that I think has not been added - request for Ship to Ship character transfer or mirroring. I see lots of people talking about international servers - why not one step further and have a way to easily transfer characters, or mirror them across Ships?

Resanoca
Feb 2, 2012, 04:51 AM
Missions need end boxes. D;

Vent
Feb 2, 2012, 11:44 AM

Monsters on the map when spawned tend to fight each other as well. I have only seen Darkers and the natives of the area fight though. You seem to get EXP when they kill each other.

Cayenne
Feb 2, 2012, 11:53 AM
I'm hoping SEGA reads my comments I submitted with my survey, "More aggressive monsters, more weapons"

shiink
Feb 2, 2012, 12:30 PM
I'm hoping SEGA reads my comments I submitted with my survey, "More aggressive monsters, more weapons"

I am going to second this. If someone would like to translate this for me to submit it would be very appreciated. I don't have any problem submitting it personally, but would like a sound and understandable translation.

The enemies (namely bosses) need to be more balanced between character ability and the HP of the monster. However, the strategic element needs to be greatly increased. The bosses shouldn't take 20-30 mins at times to kill by running around in circles and attacking non-stop (that is just time consuming, not hard), but should be more aggressive and employ a more difficult strategy in regards to taking the enemy down.

An advanced Thank You for anyone who can help :P

Serephim
Feb 2, 2012, 01:58 PM
Missions need end boxes. D;

I'd rather not. I'd hate for missions to become drop farmed like in PSU.

The enemies (namely bosses) need to be more balanced between character ability and the HP of the monster. However, the strategic element needs to be greatly increased. The bosses shouldn't take 20-30 mins at times to kill by running around in circles and attacking non-stop (that is just time consuming, not hard), but should be more aggressive and employ a more difficult strategy in regards to taking the enemy down.

If you don't want to run around for 20-30 minutes, then fight the boss correctly.

The bosses are all built to absorb damage, thats why they're bosses. Attack their weakpoints. You'll be there forever if you're just running around mashing the attack button.

The Rockbear weakpoint is the face. either ranged attack it, or wait for them to do something that lands them on the ground, dash to their face and unleash fury. You'll do MORE damage than usual in their weakspots. Dragon weakpoint is either 1) the horn on its head or 2) the weak spot on its tail after you break it. Attack the legs until he falls and then kick its ass. The dragon only falls and lets you climb on him i think if you attack its legs, but people rarely seem to focus on them in videos. Hell, when it doesn't have any Lava Armor on, you can even freeze the bastard.

Did the difficulty of the enemies in this test really bother you people that much? What, do you want to struggle on every stage you play? I hear some people complain about enemies scaling to your level, and then at the same time hear people complain about difficulty.

I'd ask for them to scale difficulty in HIGHER levels, but seeing as this test only goes up to the first boss in the game, i dont see the big deal.

Masterflower
Feb 2, 2012, 01:58 PM
I meant to say this a very long time and idk if its been state. I wish the ship for the protection mission wasnt target lockable. Its annoying that I target it and damage it because its not consider friendly technically.

Serephim
Feb 2, 2012, 02:08 PM
^ ^ ^

This, 100%. I dont think there's ever been a Code: Protection where i didn't personally end up destroying the dropship.

I DO understand i guess, if they were trying to force you to be careful around it. But that pretty much limits you from using Charged Techniques, or any hunter weapon other than Gunslash.

Which, once again, isn't bad (variety is wonderful), but it's way too easy to "accidentally" the ship.

uhawww
Feb 2, 2012, 03:30 PM
Initiating Code: Feedback

kyuuketsuki - More varied level design
kyuuketsuki - Increased divergence between chaged and uncharged techs
kyuuketsuki - Uncharged tech integration into attack combos
Anon_Fire - In depth Word Select for global communication
Sun Sol - Dynamic updating of subpalette when switching weapons
Resanoca - Weather clipping
Resanoca - Shooting animation during hover
Resanoca - Item box reward for mission completion
therealAERO - Unique notifications for various community functions
Crystal_Shard - Ship/Server transfer service
Masterflower - Untargetable protection objectives

soulpimpwizzurd
Feb 2, 2012, 05:53 PM
GUNSLASH FOR GOD TIER

holy poop face, they should just leave stuff like that in and let the game turn into k-style gunz

rofl, it looks so boss

each time he pulled it off in my brain i was like "ROMANTIC"

even though it doesn't even match at all

Kent
Feb 2, 2012, 09:31 PM
GUNSLASH FOR GOD TIER
I would think that teching and ukemi-like actions could be an eventual character skill.

Not tied to a given weapon type, of course, but something that requires good timing to allow for a quick recovery from being knocked down - it's something you see in a lot of games, actually, so I wouldn't say it's too outlandish of an option to put in here.

Saotome Kaneda
Feb 2, 2012, 09:35 PM
I would think that teching and ukemi-like actions could be an eventual character skill.

They already do exist. Check the top right of every class tree.

Serephim
Feb 2, 2012, 09:35 PM

Not tied to a given weapon type, of course, but something that requires good timing to allow for a quick recovery from being knocked down - it's something you see in a lot of games, actually, so I wouldn't say it's too outlandish of an option to put in here.

There is no reason the game should ever allow you to recover from a blow-away animation like that. At least not until you actually hit the ground. That was just an overlooked error, thats all. You shouldn't be able to break out of that state. Gunslash is the only weapon with a function like Switch right now, though. This is what Alpha Testing is for :D

They SHOULD have some ukemi abilities. But that wasn't a ukemi, it was just a glitch.

holy poop face, they should just leave stuff like that in and let the game turn into k-style gunz

rofl, it looks so boss

each time he pulled it off in my brain i was like "ROMANTIC"

even though it doesn't even match at all

Holy mother of god i hope you are joking

K-style is the result of terrible game design and maintenance, nothing more and nothing less.

NoiseHERO
Feb 2, 2012, 09:42 PM
I was thinking this for a while and even saw someone bring it up in another game.

Maybe it would be interesting if PSU's two-part hairstyles returned.

(basically choosing different bangs from all the available hairstyles)

Also add afros!

Serephim
Feb 2, 2012, 09:45 PM
- The way the game handles the wired lance grabbing feature is a bit wonky, it causes enemies to teleport all over the place.

- Nerf the Wired Lance PAs.

-The damage done to enemies hit by the swinging PA needs to be drastically reduced. i think most of the damage should be to the grabbed opponent, not the rest of the stage. Unlike the other PAs which are balanced enough to discourage spam, the wired lance PAs dont really follow this.

- Uncharged techniques are still useless. Either they need to do way more damage or take up way less PP.

-For forces, the ability to map Techniques to an Unarmed pallete would be interesting.

-For hunters, a visual effect for Fury / Defense stance would be good. (or, rather, an actual stance change?)

"En"
Feb 3, 2012, 02:09 AM
I wanted to bring this into light, unless someone else already did. If it's already been requested, then I apologize for not checking the rest of the thread.

I'd like it if my party didn't disband whenever I switch blocks. If it's possible, make it so the party window displays which block(s) your party members are in, and allow the party to remain intact regardless of the block.

Mike
Feb 3, 2012, 02:16 AM
I'd like it if my party didn't disband whenever I switch blocks. If it's possible, make it so the party window displays which block(s) your party members are in, and allow the party to remain intact regardless of the block.
This is interesting. Why?

"En"
Feb 3, 2012, 03:12 AM
I was on Block 51 with a party, and we decided to switch to Block 20, so we could have the opportunity to bump into other PSO-Worlders in the multi party areas. When we changed, the party was disbanded. It's a very minor qualm, but I wanted to bring it up. Back when I played Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine - which had a very similar layout for parties - your party was retained when switching channels. It just felt odd to be booted from the party just for switching blocks.

It would also make sending party requests via the Friend List much easier.

Ezodagrom
Feb 3, 2012, 09:16 AM
Suggestion about the code destruction red orb:
Add a bar showing how much HP it has left and a 2nd bar showing how much life it needs to absorb until it explodes.

Cayenne
Feb 3, 2012, 10:16 AM
^It takes a few battles to take it down, you just have to mash everything around you that moves and you'll beat it. This is a fight where if you don't focus then you will lose. I think it's fine the way it is.

Serephim
Feb 3, 2012, 12:42 PM
Suggestion about the code destruction red orb:
Add a bar showing how much HP it has left and a 2nd bar showing how much life it needs to absorb until it explodes.

You know, I think it's absolutely fine the way it is. The game doesn't need to spoon feed you EVERYTHING. You can target the tentacles and you can target the enemies. Our party has defeated the thing without directions multiple times before. Generally, if you're letting it kick your ass, then you're doing it wrong.

And it doesn't need an explosion lifebar; the thing is obviously and visually getting much bigger. And TBH they MIGHT actually tell you what to do....just in Japanese. Code: Destruction is probably one of my favorite interrupt events specifically because of how action packed and mysterious it is. Just whack the bastard until he dies.

As for my suggestions --

- I TAKE BACK requesting removing the targeting ability from Code: Protection. It adds an even greater feeling to the mission. It forces you to take caution, and also encourages you to NOT let enemies close to the ship (because the thing dies quick enough, if enemies are close to the dropship there then you're probably under leveled/under manned and are going to lose anyway. And most of all, when you lose, it doesn't kick you out the mission like Code: Destruction will.

Basically, being able to damage what you're protecting yourself makes it feel more like an actual mission, and not just a huge Enemy Raping Session where they are targeting a ship instead of you. (which just makes it significantly easier to kill them.)

"En"
Feb 3, 2012, 03:09 PM
You know, I think it's absolutely fine the way it is. The game doesn't need to spoon feed you EVERYTHING. You can target the tentacles and you can target the enemies. Our party has defeated the thing without directions multiple times before. Generally, if you're letting it kick your ass, then you're doing it wrong.

I have to agree with this. Namely due to the fact that we aren't shown how much HP any of the enemies in this game have, so why should this particular darkling... "thing" be any different?

Fayorei
Feb 3, 2012, 03:23 PM
The dark orb exploded today. The sky rained blood(okay acid rain). Ewww and a half. Couldn't find the orb for a code, oddly enough.

Anyways, I have some new info!

Don't know if anyone reported this yet, but sometimes Moon Atomizers aren't working. We couldn't res a party member and then myself on a boss battle in Caves.

A suggestion, make the colors of weapons like PSO. I'm pretty sure elements aren't colored already like PSU(I have an elemental rare, photon area didn't change colors). I think it'd be cool to have the traditional newbie weapons have a green photon kind of look. And then blue, so on and so on. This has probably been suggested(I hope).

I'm glad someone suggested to not make our protect points attackable. Also, LEAVE THE WIRED LANCE PAs ALONE!!! /cry

...Just kidding about those PAs. I know they need nerfed. I spam the heck out of the swinging one, so useful at the moment.:O

Polantaris
Feb 3, 2012, 05:46 PM
I think at the very least the orb needs a difficulty nerf. Not in the terms of how much damage it does, but the fact that if you melee it you basically have no chance. Me and a friend tried to melee it twice, attacking the tentacles the second they showed up and never letting the monsters get touched. We barely took damage ourselves. It still exploded. To beat it, we had to just sit in the background and shoot it for 5-10 minutes straight. How is that supposed to be fun? There's something wrong with those orbs, and they need to be changed. There's a difference when you're doing it wrong and it explodes, from when you're doing it completely right and the only thing you did wrong was play how you wanted to.

Also, the Dragon needs an HP reduction. The difficulty is fine, his damage is fine, everything about him is fine except for the fact that it took us probably 30 minutes to kill him as duo Forces, attacking the Tail and Horn where we did the most damage. It just took way too long to kill him. It was fun for the first ten minutes, boring as hell for the other twenty.

Saotome Kaneda
Feb 3, 2012, 09:05 PM
I think at the very least the orb needs a difficulty nerf. Not in the terms of how much damage it does, but the fact that if you melee it you basically have no chance. Me and a friend tried to melee it twice, attacking the tentacles the second they showed up and never letting the monsters get touched. We barely took damage ourselves. It still exploded. To beat it, we had to just sit in the background and shoot it for 5-10 minutes straight. How is that supposed to be fun? There's something wrong with those orbs, and they need to be changed. There's a difference when you're doing it wrong and it explodes, from when you're doing it completely right and the only thing you did wrong was play how you wanted to.

Also, the Dragon needs an HP reduction. The difficulty is fine, his damage is fine, everything about him is fine except for the fact that it took us probably 30 minutes to kill him as duo Forces, attacking the Tail and Horn where we did the most damage. It just took way too long to kill him. It was fun for the first ten minutes, boring as hell for the other twenty.
Re: orb
Your navigator actually tells you that you're supposed to keep your distance from it, which makes me think that instead of it only growing via tentacle hits, it actually grows due to things being near it at all. Every time I have had a party where one or more melees, we have failed. Every time we have kept our distance, kept any spawns from getting killed by it, and killed the tentacles from far away, we have won provided everyone is at least lv12-ish. Just some food for thought.

Re: dragon
Maybe you're coming from the PSO mindset of being able to topple bosses solo or in small groups, but with the differences in this game and in the genre in general, I personally feel that it should be a tough or at least long fight if you're not wailing on it with a multi-party of 12 people. RAs are currently the only class with a debuff technique/skill, and that greatly helps make the fight go faster.

Once again, my thoughts on your opinion.

•Col•
Feb 3, 2012, 09:29 PM
3 things:

1. Can something be done about the items? Because of how many enemies you face in this game, items drop in the same spot and I've seen 3-4 items overlapped in a single place. It's kinda annoying to have to pick them all up to get the item you want... D:

2. Earlier me and another person got glitched while doing a Volcano mission. One of those traps appeared (the two little orbs of black/red energy) and caught us in it. Only problem is, afterward we couldn't move at all and our other teammate couldn't destroy the trap. Was forced to log out and log back in.

3. When doing the Code: Destruction mission earlier... RIGHT as we got to the orb, we also got a Code: Attack mission given to us and waves of enemies spawned in..... Yeah. Pretty dumb. >_>

Polantaris
Feb 3, 2012, 10:14 PM
Re: orb
Your navigator actually tells you that you're supposed to keep your distance from it, which makes me think that instead of it only growing via tentacle hits, it actually grows due to things being near it at all. Every time I have had a party where one or more melees, we have failed. Every time we have kept our distance, kept any spawns from getting killed by it, and killed the tentacles from far away, we have won provided everyone is at least lv12-ish. Just some food for thought.

Re: dragon
Maybe you're coming from the PSO mindset of being able to topple bosses solo or in small groups, but with the differences in this game and in the genre in general, I personally feel that it should be a tough or at least long fight if you're not wailing on it with a multi-party of 12 people. RAs are currently the only class with a debuff technique/skill, and that greatly helps make the fight go faster.

Once again, my thoughts on your opinion.

For the Orb: So basically if you're in a group of Hunters, GG. Or if it's a tight space like it was every time I had it. It was on point of a V on both attempts, barely out of sight on one side and on the other is a dead end not big enough to get out of it's range. There shouldn't be an obstacle required for a mission where a class just simply can't do anything about it.

For the Dragon: No. I come from the mindset that in high rank PSU, bosses just take WAY too long without having some type of game breaking weaponry that isn't fit for the area. Since this is a new game, that doesn't exist, so it was just a ton of health. I don't understand how developers can't figure out that tons of HP does not equal hard. I had trouble with him, yes. For the first five minutes. then I figured out his patterns and for a few more minutes I had fun even still. After that, it was just mind numbing boredom combined with formula movements to avoid everything.

I wouldn't even be that upset if he actually dropped anything. 25-30 minutes of fighting him and I got two sets of 400 meseta. Oh boy! I feel so rewarded! Actually, all I could think of was "What an absolute waste of time."

SuKKrl
Feb 3, 2012, 10:26 PM
For the Orb: So basically if you're in a group of Hunters, GG. Or if it's a tight space like it was every time I had it. It was on point of a V on both attempts, barely out of sight on one side and on the other is a dead end not big enough to get out of it's range. There shouldn't be an obstacle required for a mission where a class just simply can't do anything about it.

First time I beat it (was 2 hunters a ranger and a force) the 2 hunters and the force went close and just spammed everything they could, was close though. 4 hunters might be able to do that, or if you need you have the gunslinger (not great but better than nothing).

AzureBlaze
Feb 3, 2012, 10:27 PM
Can I please suggest:

At least a FEW pairs of cast legs that DONT sound like a herd of enraged elephants?

The bambambambambambam is soooooooo annoying after like 10 minutes. Or less. What happened to HUcast being a ninja? Either noisy rockets or a stampede? Quiet feet please...I dont want to have to turn off all the SFX or mute the speaker because my guy thunders around like a horse on hollow wood floor. It makes no sense for the class, and the effect ruins the sound of the game.

TLDR: Quiet cast feet options please

shiink
Feb 3, 2012, 10:31 PM
For the Dragon: No. I come from the mindset that in high rank PSU, bosses just take WAY too long without having some type of game breaking weaponry that isn't fit for the area. Since this is a new game, that doesn't exist, so it was just a ton of health. I don't understand how developers can't figure out that tons of HP does not equal hard. I had trouble with him, yes. For the first five minutes. then I figured out his patterns and for a few more minutes I had fun even still. After that, it was just mind numbing boredom combined with formula movements to avoid everything.

I wouldn't even be that upset if he actually dropped anything. 25-30 minutes of fighting him and I got two sets of 400 meseta. Oh boy! I feel so rewarded! Actually, all I could think of was "What an absolute waste of time."

Yes I completely agree with this and eluded to that before. Which was then immediately followed by:

If you don't want to run around for 20-30 minutes, then fight the boss correctly.

The bosses are all built to absorb damage, thats why they're bosses. Attack their weakpoints. You'll be there forever if you're just running around mashing the attack button.

Did the difficulty of the enemies in this test really bother you people that much? What, do you want to struggle on every stage you play? I hear some people complain about enemies scaling to your level, and then at the same time hear people complain about difficulty.

I'd ask for them to scale difficulty in HIGHER levels, but seeing as this test only goes up to the first boss in the game, i dont see the big deal.

God forbid we want some sort of challenge out of a game instead of just hack & slashing our minds to mush.

Omega-z
Feb 3, 2012, 10:39 PM
The Dragon Boss is fine leave it alone. And I've solo'd it with a Cast Force. Even the Red Orb can be killed any way as long as you stop it from eating and beat it to hEll, your fine.

Saotome Kaneda
Feb 3, 2012, 10:44 PM

Orb:
Gunslash still exists, so every class can technically stay out of range if they want to(especially since we don't know if it's just set damage or set hits to destroy it). As for the orb's positioning, yeah, it's pretty dumb but maybe it's better that it doesn't show up in the same areas every time. There are very few constants in this game so far considering enemy placement, I think that it's better that with sufficient bodies a party can handle this rather than quests becoming mechanical.

Dragon: Once again, full parties remedy this "problem". I recently got done with a long multiparty session in which we fought 2x twin dragons and 2x boss dragons in the multi-area. Once they appeared and everyone was in place, they were downed in around 5 minutes.

To remedy this problem in case people want to solo or simply can't fill up a party, maybe scaling the HP/other stats to the amount of players will work. However, other than a room being locked new players can come and go at will, so I don't know how that could be implemented properly without there being some form of abuse.

Polantaris
Feb 3, 2012, 10:51 PM
Orb:
Gunslash still exists, so every class can technically stay out of range if they want to(especially since we don't know if it's just set damage or set hits to destroy it). As for the orb's positioning, yeah, it's pretty dumb but maybe it's better that it doesn't show up in the same areas every time. There are very few constants in this game so far considering enemy placement, I think that it's better that with sufficient bodies a party can handle this rather than quests becoming mechanical.

Dragon: Once again, full parties remedy this "problem". I recently got done with a long multiparty session in which we fought 2x twin dragons and 2x boss dragons in the multi-area. Once they appeared and everyone was in place, they were downed in around 5 minutes.

To remedy this problem in case people want to solo or simply can't fill up a party, maybe scaling the HP/other stats to the amount of players will work. However, other than a room being locked new players can come and go at will, so I don't know how that could be implemented properly without there being some form of abuse.

For the Orb: Gunslash is exactly how we killed it...spent 5-10 minutes blasting away at the tentacles from range when we finally got it in an area that was possible to attack. That's just way too long for something so simple and should be relatively easy to deal with. If you get unlucky and it spawns in a tight area you simply do not have a chance to deal with it, since it absorbs from you for simply being in the area. If nothing else, that aspect should be changed. It shouldn't be feeding off of you unless it attacks you. You simply being near it just screws over Hunters completely and utterly.

For the Dragon: Scaling is a great idea, which I agree with. To assume that everyone everywhere is going to play with a completely full party of people at all times is foolish. Some people only play with friends, or a closed community. To expect players to have a full group at all times, especially for an instanced mission, is dumb.

You begin to talk about the multi-play session, that's a completely different thing. I can understand that amount of HP when you're going to have a ton of players already because anyone can join, but when you're playing an instanced run that is set when you pick the mission, the boss should be scaled to your party. Spawning a boss for a 12 person group when you have only 2 people is asking for players to get upset.

Omega-z
Feb 3, 2012, 10:55 PM
I agree Saotome Kaneda the dragon is fine and would make a problem in Multi-groups. I had solo'd it more than once and I can say maybe the arena is to big? and it needs a little bit of up and down terrain and it's a much better fight. Lol for the Orb I didn't use distance at all just non-stop attacking on it and kill off everything else, was using the gun/blade but the PA's better melee/hit out put. I thinking it's amount of hit's and not HP since there's no dmg number for it, but but hit's hurt it.

Yamishi
Feb 4, 2012, 01:09 AM
Got a bug report, here. It's minor, but really jarring. If it's already been reported, I apologize.

Anyway, if you're locked onto an enemy, and start running away, your head will follow the enemy. When you start sprinting, the rest of your body will face the direction you're running, but your head stays facing the enemy. Therefore, if you are sprinting straight away from an enemy that you're locked onto, your head twists around 180 degrees.

See an image here. (http://magnistar.wikispaces.com/file/view/pso20120204_003948_002.png/298358206/pso20120204_003948_002.png)

•Col•
Feb 4, 2012, 01:23 AM
See an image here. (http://magnistar.wikispaces.com/file/view/pso20120204_003948_002.png/298358206/pso20120204_003948_002.png)

Dear god. O_O She needs some help.

Anyway, reporting another bug. Earlier, I was unable to use normal attacks. Whenever I'd try to use a Photon Art, my character would do a weird animation then start sprinting in place.

I think it may have been triggered by using the Fury and Guard stance Hunter skills quickly after one another.

Finalzone
Feb 4, 2012, 03:50 AM
When getting a screenshot, please use png format not bmp.

Zaix
Feb 4, 2012, 05:14 AM
Don't think its been mentioned so I have some feedback.

I've spent a llllllooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg time in the character creator (which will become very apparent soon). It would be very nice if they added a highlight around the currently selected option, like the hairstyles or eyebrow choices.

As it stands, there's a blue highlight when you mouse over and a yellow highlight briefly when you click on something. I find it easy to lose track of which one i chose sometimes.
EDIT: Looking at it again i see that the blue highlight is on the current option, until you move the mouse over something, still it's too easy to miss and goes away just by moving the mouse.

Also, more choices as others have said.

Cayenne
Feb 4, 2012, 05:18 AM
I got Just Guard and Just Counter and I STILL see no benefit in blocking when dodging is just better over all. JC helped me out maybe once out of the 50 times I try to use it, pointless.

How about making dodge not invincible and you can't cancel an attack animation at all and making dodge cancel the same or faster. It adds more challenge to the game because you can avoid an attack IF you are clear of it, not because you turn into Casper the friendly ghost for a second.

That's really the only way I can see blocking useable at all in the game, hell I've never seen anyone use it or talk about it after the first hour of playing the game. Dodge is too superior.

uhawww
Feb 4, 2012, 10:44 AM
Going back for this group of feedback.
You have 24 hours to make any other requests.
At 12 Noon EST tomorrow, I will cease operations.

Vent
Feb 4, 2012, 10:46 AM
Alright last few things from me:

The non-direct hits of Foie should be much weaker. Or give the other techs the ability to multi-hit a single enemy if it touches multiple hit-boxes.
Not too sure if this one is available, as I forgot to look for the option. You know those automated chat options for certain actions and events? You should be able to disable your own without editing the stuff you put in. Also, you should be able to disable seeing them from other players as well.
When using a Technique from the support palette (1 - 9), the character should use a unique animation depending on the weapon type equipped. At the moment, Forces seem to use a bare hand casting animation when a gunblade is equipped, which looks kind of awkward. Not to mention your character sheaths her weapon as well.
Code: Destruction bugs if you activate it and then go to town through a telepipe or by dying. Not only does it activate immediately again if you enter the area instead of when you are near it, the base's tentacles will do nothing. It still explodes after a certain amount of time though.
The animation for being knocked back looks awkward. Probably due to the flying backwards and the lying face down animations. The game does not turn your character in the direction you are being knocked to. At the end of the flying animation, the game switches to the lying down animation, which has your character's head in the opposite direction she was flying to, because that's the direction your character is currently facing. The transition looks completely unnatural.

Omega-z
Feb 4, 2012, 11:27 AM
I seconded both of two fixes that others had posted,
1.) the auto-matic lock on camera view to the nearest foe's instead of your direction when you not in Lock- on mode.

2.) The other was when you started hitting the ground with your weapon and not the foe.

3.) When doing solo runs don't have multi - group engagements enabled. (Blk 1 and Blk 2 come to mind )

4.) shaking motion on screen display Menu/Game play.

5.) lol this one is funny - Foe's getting stuck in tree's when spawn'd and acting like it. Have a pic of this. lol

6.) the loss of the jump ability/movement during and after charging tech's.

7.) My idea ( Caves/Forest ) add in a new Event Code: Evacuation, This where the Lava level (Caves) or Water Level (Forest) will raise on you and you need to get to higher ground and lasts for a min. or 2 while fighting off larger foe's that try to knock you off (shield guy's/Rockbear's come to mind). If you fall in you take dmg and have 20 secs. to get to safety or you fail the event.

8.) have fallen Tree's/Rock's do dmg and add the stun status to foe's and char.

9.) add-in High thick Fog (Forest) Or Steam (Cave) to block out Site and/or Lock-on during it's duration.

10.) Have the Dragon have a T-rex Bit attack that Grab's your Character and while chewing you(swings his head back and forth while doing this) and then spit/throw you out/away.

This is my 2 cents I hope they get summited and thank you to uhawww for this.:):rappy:

Cayenne
Feb 4, 2012, 11:33 AM
^6.) I can jump while charging, hell most of my tech charged attacks involve jumping before I release the button.

Omega-z
Feb 4, 2012, 11:37 AM
tru but there are a few times where you hit the jump command after you charge and nothing happens and you don't move ethier and have to use to toggle off and on your menu screen to get your self to move again. Had it happen about 5 times during 4 days of non-stop charging.

Yamishi
Feb 4, 2012, 11:41 AM
Going back for this group of feedback.
You have 24 hours to make any other requests.
At 12 Noon EST tomorrow, I will cease operations.

You got mine, right? :)

Omega-z
Feb 4, 2012, 11:43 AM
he should it's 11:43 am his time right now.

uhawww
Feb 4, 2012, 11:44 AM

Rock Eastwood - Multi-part hairstyles
Serephim - Adjustments to uncharged Techs
Serephim - Mapping techs on non-force weapons
Serephim - Visual effects on stance changes
"En" - Party functions during block changes
Fayorei - Weapon colorization
Colaya - Animation/movement lock after trap trigger
AzureBlaze - CAST parts with reduced movement noise
Yamishi - Adjustment to head animation and range of motion for target focus
Zaix - Better highlights for active menu items
Cayenne - Balance adjustments for blocking and dodging
Multiple - Objective adjustments to CODE: DESTRUCTION
Multiple - Adjustments to Wired Lance Photon Arts

Rock Eastwood - http://i.imgur.com/dJ1pk.jpg

Crystal_Shard
Feb 4, 2012, 11:45 AM
If it's not too late to add something to feedback:

I'd like to see something similar to the support character system in PSPo2i, but with an additional slight twist. I'll like to have my characters appear as NPC characters inside the my player character's My Room when invited to the party. In addition, I wouldn't mind seeing an option to replace the standard operator girl who makes announcements with one of my own characters.

Omega-z
Feb 4, 2012, 11:46 AM
just have Vent, Crystal_Shard and mine left and any one who makes it in the next 15 mins.:)

Update : one More Idea have Mukcat's as an option for a PM/Mag.

Yamishi
Feb 4, 2012, 11:54 AM
Just wanted to say thank you, uhawww, you're doing a great service for the English-speaking community. :)

NoiseHERO
Feb 4, 2012, 01:16 PM
LOL yeah thanks a lot uhaw, especially on the fro! The engrish People are are proud!

kyuuketsuki
Feb 4, 2012, 03:32 PM
Not sure if someone had you actually submit this one yet, but:

Unique. Animations. Do it. It would really add a lot to have unique animations for different race/gender combinations, or to add them in as character customization options. Like (in PSO) the FOnewm's "jester" animations, the RAmarl's "gangster" handgun animation, the HUcaseal's dagger animation, etc.

Cayenne
Feb 4, 2012, 04:24 PM
Not sure if submitted but I know we all will agree:

- Quest/Mission Complete BGM has to end after 1 loop or fade away when you get done getting your mission rank results.

- Option to turn on/off the sound on the Jumbo Tron monitor in the lobby.

ZER0 DX
Feb 4, 2012, 04:47 PM
^ seconded for the quest complete BGM.

And I'd like to recommend not only better weather transitions (as they are now they just randomly start and stop, I'd like to see it stay cloudy for a little bit right before and after it rains) but also seasonal changes for the maps as well, like the forest will be snow covered in winter, and instead of rain during that season it'll snow instead etc.

Also would like to see more weather effects in areas like caves and the eventual city as well and not just have it limited to forest.

Serephim
Feb 4, 2012, 04:55 PM
- lava should probably do more damage

- lava should also damage non-caves inhabatants, like rappies and darkers. Well, maybe darkers. Makes no sense for them to be weak to Foie and then be able to walk through lava.

-while fighting a Rockbear in a multiparty area in the forest, for some reason my attacks were going right through him. I couldn't damage it in any way. He could still pick me up though. I had to wait on my team member to finish him alone.

- UNIQUE ANIMATIONS. DO IT NOW. Ramarl shooting stuff, Hunewearl dagger/sword stuff, Fo- specific animations for Fonewearl / Fonewm / Fomar / Fomarl. Even though the combat and character creator are good, it feels like there's no reason to make a human/newman other than ears. In PSO this wasn't the case.

- Also, unique weapon casting animations too please. Shooting Foie out my feet with twin mechguns was the coolest thing ever in PSO. Please let us revisit this. It's no fun that i can cast Techniques without a Rod, but the same animation plays the whole time.

uhawww
Feb 5, 2012, 02:50 PM

Omega-z - Adjustments to Lock-on camera
Omega-z - Adjustments to Multi-party and single-party area links
Omega-z - Shaky UI to match on-screen impacts
Omega-z - Reliability of jump actions when charging
Omega-z - Emergency Trial CODE:EVACUATION
Omega-z - Damage incurred by falling environmental objects
Omega-z - Limited sight distance in certain circumstances
Omega-z - Add character seizing attacks for Dragon
Crystal_Shard - Additional appearances/cameos of personal account characters
Cayenne - Quest completion music looping
Cayenne - Audio control of lobby media
ZER0 DX - Smoother weather transitions
Serephim - Adjustments to environmental damage
Multiple - Unique racial animations for attacks and techs

Bug Reporting and Feedback translation requests are now CLOSED.
Thanks everyone for allowing me to serve in such capacity.
QUEST COMPLETE

Ce'Nedra
Feb 5, 2012, 02:55 PM
Ah sucks im to late for a feedback request ;-;

Was gonna ask to make it possible to decide if you want your character to be left or right handed. If that is possible at all

Serephim
Feb 5, 2012, 05:05 PM
Highly doubt they'd do that. It'd require a change in all the animations, which is worth nobody's time. At all.

Angelo
Feb 5, 2012, 10:54 PM
No more translations? Not even for some $$$?

landman
Feb 6, 2012, 03:31 PM
Is this thread the right place to ask... for a translation of the survey answers? the web translator will translate the questions, but not the options I can select...

uhawww
Feb 6, 2012, 03:36 PM
Is this thread the right place to ask... for a translation of the survey answers? the web translator will translate the questions, but not the options I can select...

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193044

landman
Feb 6, 2012, 03:43 PM
Man I didn't look the day sega sent me the survey lol, I thought it was a recent mail... thanks.

BoltFromTheBlue
Feb 25, 2012, 11:01 AM
@uhawww
You did a really great job. I appreciate it.

PSO2 Alpha2-tester's site will be closed in exchange of Official Alpha2 Report, which comes on monday.
http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11173938366.html
I'm making last-minute effort on my feedback, and now I found this thread.
I have not much time, but if anyone needs some Japanese for some feedback, maybe I can provide some help.

@Ce'Nedra
>Was gonna ask to make it possible to decide if you want your character to be left or right handed. If that is possible at all

できればプレイヤーキャラクターの右利き・左利きが選択できるようになることを希望します。

@Angelo
Something left to be translated?