PDA

View Full Version : Controller issues

burende
Jan 27, 2012, 02:35 AM
Anyone else having as much luck as me getting a controller working, only left and right work on the Left Thumb stick and the right thumb stick doesnt even do anything

AzureAsh
Jan 27, 2012, 02:48 AM
Yes.

I have the exact problem with my PS3 controller.

Jorrell
Jan 27, 2012, 02:49 AM
Yes im having the same problem with the 360 controller.. the problem is with the right and left sticks not working properly

Christmas
Jan 27, 2012, 02:58 AM
Yeah, for me a bunch of stuff are mapped to the left stick. Camera up, down, rotate; walk left and right, but no forward or backwards. Oh boy.

Luffyo
Jan 27, 2012, 03:02 AM
I have problems too. I m using xbox 360 controller and sticks are messed up...

Maybe if someone can take a look on this, that could help.
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/348250config.jpg

str898mustang
Jan 27, 2012, 03:07 AM
the ゲームパッド is the game pad...i see nothing about joystick though :/

Zaix
Jan 27, 2012, 03:34 AM
Im having this problem as well. I cant find anything from screwing around in the menus that fixes it...just stuff that breaks it more.

Phantasma
Jan 27, 2012, 03:35 AM
I just went back to keyboard `-`

Jorrell
Jan 27, 2012, 03:42 AM
Has anyone got the 360 controller working properly ?

Tyreek
Jan 27, 2012, 03:49 AM
Had to learn to go to keyboard and mouse. Got use to it, but man, its getting hard for me to multitask fighting like I do on controller. My wrist is already feeling it. I'm using Logitech. I assume from the responses here, the gamepad problem is universal.

Inazuma
Jan 27, 2012, 03:52 AM
Same problem for me. I tried a PS3 Dual Shock 3, and two different Xbox 360 controllers, and they all had the same problem. If I push the left stick left or right, it moves my char left and right, and also the camera up and down. Pushing up or down does nothing, and the whole right stick does nothing.

I have played the PC version of Sonic and Sega All stars Racing and it worked perfectly with default gamepad controls. I don't get why this game is different.

How come there is no option to configure movement or camera controls for gamepads? Argh! I can't play at all and now I have to sleep. (>_<)

Jorrell
Jan 27, 2012, 03:59 AM
do you know where i switch back to keyboard controls? i thought i found it in options but when i hit W i just type instead of walking forward

ok i got it .. thank god for katakana

Tyreek
Jan 27, 2012, 04:11 AM
Wanna clue us in on what you found?

Crystal_Shard
Jan 27, 2012, 04:40 AM
He probably found that you need to set chat mode to toggle with c, instead of auto activating the chat box. The option is located in the first option screen, but no time to post a screenshot right now.

Count me in on those with controller issues. Using a logitech cordless rumblepad 2. Switched to keyboard and mouse, but it's difficult to lock on to enemies / activate the shift palette while moving around.

ShadowDragon28
Jan 27, 2012, 04:43 AM
also have controller issues...
i switched to kb and mouse.. game is pretty awesome though.. the kanji is a major obstacle to figuring out things, since my kanji knowledge is limited.

lugnut360
Jan 27, 2012, 06:00 AM
Could someone post an english translated system options for each selection. I can't figure out how to get the mouse from inverted to standard.

Blueblur
Jan 27, 2012, 07:35 AM
I could never get the controller to work last night. Could it be because I plugged it in after the game had already booted up?

str898mustang
Jan 27, 2012, 07:37 AM
I could never get the controller to work last night. Could it be because I plugged it in after the game had already booted up?

nah...everyone is having the same problem...though I talked to Master Eye (Yoko from PSU)...he has Vista (no idea if 32 or 64) and his 360 controller and joysticks worked just fine.

AzureAsh
Jan 27, 2012, 07:43 AM
People have speculated that the problem is related with 64bit Windows, as we found out on the IRC that everybody who was having the problem (me included) was on 64bit Windows.

Blueblur
Jan 27, 2012, 07:54 AM
I'm on 64 bit Windows [7] as well. :/

Fayorei
Jan 27, 2012, 08:46 AM
Yeah, 64-bit windows 7 controller-no-worky club here.

Faiyez
Jan 27, 2012, 08:48 AM
What a letdown!... they should patch it asap.

BahnKnakyu
Jan 27, 2012, 09:00 AM
People have speculated that the problem is related with 64bit Windows, as we found out on the IRC that everybody who was having the problem (me included) was on 64bit Windows.

32-bit Windows with Physical Address Extension enabled. Same problem here.

A friend of mine was able to get it working RIGHT off the bat with his X360 controller. Didn't have to configure anything. Several people I know with X360 controllers also confirmed it working right off the bat.

I use a PS2 to USB converter to use my official Sony PS2 controller. Works with every other game - doesn't work with this one.

I tried screwing around with X360ce (the Xbox360 controller emulator dlls that make programs think you have an X360 controller plugged in) but no dice so far. I'm going to switch to my PS3 controller and enable "X360 emulation mode" and see if that helps any tomorrow.

Tyreek
Jan 27, 2012, 09:09 AM
So its official. They need to address this asap. It wasn't all bad though. I've become really used to the keyboard+mouse combo. A really good 7 hours that was playing.

Mike
Jan 27, 2012, 09:29 AM
64bit Win7 with a 360 controller and no problems here. The controller problem is something Sega is aware of though so hopefully a patch will be out for it.

Cayenne
Jan 27, 2012, 10:37 AM
I tried throwing my PS3 controller at the wall and that didn't help either!!!

str898mustang
Jan 27, 2012, 11:10 AM
think I might be buying a wired 360 controller today >_>

Arika
Jan 27, 2012, 11:15 AM
the ゲームパッド is the game pad...i see nothing about joystick though :/

??
I think gamepad is the same thing with joystick right? anyway that setting work with my controller.(joy stick/gamepad?).

Yeah, 64-bit windows 7 controller-no-worky club here.

I use Window-7 ultimate 64 bit. and I use Logi-tech controller work perfectly fine.

str898mustang
Jan 27, 2012, 11:22 AM
??
I think gamepad is the same thing with joystick right? anyway that setting work with my controller.(joy stick/gamepad?).

I use Window-7 ultimate 64 bit. and I use Logi-tech controller work perfectly fine.

it didn't work with mine. :(, what I mean about joystick is the X, Y, and Z axis. PSU had a setting for it.

Arika
Jan 27, 2012, 11:30 AM
My analog joystick work fine without any extra set on X Y Z axis, but for other customize I just do it there in the option.

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Jan 27, 2012, 11:38 AM
I had a problem with my Steelseries controller as well. The L2ish button always made me use items in the 0 space and my right analog stick only moves the camera right and left.

I found ways to work without having to suffer that though. Lock-On, I used profusely. I'll try it again with the Xbox 360 controller emulator next time, and also stream some gameplay as well if it works.

uhawww
Jan 27, 2012, 11:50 AM
Windows 7 64-bit here.
My 360 Controller worked out of the gate 100% with no configuration needed.

I have submitted a bug report in either case, since this seems to be an abundant issue.
All I can think is to make sure your Microsoft 360 Controller software are up-to-date.
Not sure about other controllers.

Crystal_Shard
Jan 27, 2012, 12:13 PM
Am I the only one on win xp 32 bit with the controller issue? Though it might be because my gamepad is pretty old, it seems like there's another reason besides a specific os type at fault here. Hopefully Sega will patch it soon.

str898mustang
Jan 27, 2012, 12:25 PM
Windows 7 64-bit here.
My 360 Controller worked out of the gate 100% with no configuration needed.

I have submitted a bug report in either case, since this seems to be an abundant issue.
All I can think is to make sure your Microsoft 360 Controller software are up-to-date.
Not sure about other controllers.

pm'ed you

BahnKnakyu
Jan 27, 2012, 02:41 PM
Am I the only one on win xp 32 bit with the controller issue? Though it might be because my gamepad is pretty old, it seems like there's another reason besides a specific os type at fault here. Hopefully Sega will patch it soon.

See my post. You're not alone. Windows 7 Pro 32-bit here.

kyuuketsuki
Jan 27, 2012, 02:53 PM
Win7 64-bit using wired 360 controller, no issues. What drivers are you guys using for your controllers? It could be a driver issue.

I *do* need to figure out how to invert the Y-axis though.

ThePendragon
Jan 27, 2012, 03:07 PM
Wireless won't work. Wired works fine.

therealAERO
Jan 27, 2012, 03:20 PM
I'm using a wired 360 controller and it worked right out of the gate. Wireless must be the issue for sure.

str898mustang
Jan 27, 2012, 03:30 PM
what drivers are yall using? and whats your OS?

D-Inferno
Jan 27, 2012, 03:56 PM
I'm not really having any technical problems, but it is a little annoying that I have to use B as Confrim and A as back. It seems to be a slight carry over from the whole O/X button switching. However I want the A button to remain the jump button. Hopefully there will be a "press A to Jump/Select" and "press B to Pickup Item/Cancel" option of sorts.

ThePendragon
Jan 27, 2012, 04:23 PM
I'm using a wired 360 controller and it worked right out of the gate. Wireless must be the issue for sure.

We tested extensively last night, this is the case. Wired is fine. If you've got wireless, you're stuck.

Resanoca
Jan 27, 2012, 05:05 PM
We tested extensively last night, this is the case. Wired is fine. If you've got wireless, you're stuck.
Eh? I used a wired and couldn't get the joysticks to work. D:

ThePendragon
Jan 27, 2012, 06:16 PM
Mess with the settings and reboot after each change. It should work eventually.

Zaix
Jan 27, 2012, 08:15 PM
I'm not really having any technical problems, but it is a little annoying that I have to use B as Confrim and A as back. It seems to be a slight carry over from the whole O/X button switching. However I want the A button to remain the jump button. Hopefully there will be a "press A to Jump/Select" and "press B to Pickup Item/Cancel" option of sorts.

I found out that the 3rd controller setup tab (after configuration 1 and 2) is all menu navigation stuff. You can remap select and cancel to different buttons from attack and jump buttons.

Faiyez
Jan 27, 2012, 08:44 PM
I was wondering if anybody got this working with a Dualshock 3 + MotioninJoy?

Fayorei
Jan 27, 2012, 09:07 PM
I was using a wired controller, and still nothing worked. I have the latest 64-bit windows 7 xbox 360 drivers I'm pretty sure(1.2). I have the joystick problem. Everything else was fine. Windows 7, 64-bit.

If I tried to config it, I hit button select and whatnot, kept mapping my joystick as left bumper.o_O Works fine in all my other games.

Mike
Jan 28, 2012, 01:22 AM
Good news on the controller issue: A patch has been issued that might clear up some of the controller problems. It might already be up because when I launched the game a second ago, it was updated.

Inazuma
Jan 28, 2012, 01:46 AM
Good news on the controller issue: A patch has been issued that might clear up some of the controller problems. It might already be up because when I launched the game a second ago, it was updated.

Awesome news! Thanks for the info. (^_^)

moorebounce
Jan 28, 2012, 01:57 AM
Sounds like being cheap finally pays off lol. I don't use anything but wired controllers.

Mike
Jan 28, 2012, 01:59 AM
Just make sure to plug your controllers in before starting the PSO2 launcher. If anyone still has problems after the patch (which you can apply right now), make sure to send your name, model number, maker, and driver version numbers to Sega.

Fayorei
Jan 28, 2012, 02:12 AM
Just make sure to plug your controllers in before starting the PSO2 launcher. If anyone still has problems after the patch (which you can apply right now), make sure to send your name, model number, maker, and driver version numbers to Sega.

Thanks for the info Mike.:) I hope it works.

Cayenne
Jan 28, 2012, 03:32 AM
Patched, hope it works because I really want to try it out at least once.

Crystal_Shard
Jan 28, 2012, 03:41 AM
Well, if my initial testing is any indication, it's working properly in the menus now. Previously, I needed to use the left analog to move anything, but the d-pad is now working like it should.

Using Win XP and a Cordless Logitech Rumbplepad 2 here btw.

Fayorei
Jan 28, 2012, 03:42 AM
Well, if my initial testing is any indication, it's working properly in the menus now. Previously, I needed to use the left analog to move anything, but the d-pad is now working like it should.

Using Win XP and a Cordless Logitech Rumbplepad 2 here btw.

I used the older Logitech of a similar model for PSO BB. Glad to hear it's working.:) My 360 controller(wired) has the d-pad and buttons working, but a non-functioning left analog for moving.:P Hope it works!

str898mustang
Jan 28, 2012, 04:02 AM
still having controller issue.....can only go left or right

controller issue resolved!

Had to use PS3 with MotionJoy Xbox360 emulator

a regular xbox controller wouldn't work

Resanoca
Jan 28, 2012, 04:09 AM
Yeah, same here.

BahnKnakyu
Jan 28, 2012, 04:09 AM
Patch sort of fixed it for me. I can move around fine with the left stick now, but my right stick has no control over the camera. :/

Anyone else have any successes?

Tyreek
Jan 28, 2012, 04:16 AM
Its still faulty with my Logitech. Jeez. Talk about dashed expectations.

Inazuma
Jan 28, 2012, 04:28 AM
No difference here either. I tried downloading the latest Microsoft drivers, updating PSO 2, using a PS3 controlling in Xbox 360 emulator mode. Nothing makes any difference. The game is broken.

BahnKnakyu
Jan 28, 2012, 04:31 AM
It appears that PSO2 doesn't recognize the right analog stick if your drivers use Z-axis rotation for its analog. It thinks you're pushing buttons instead of properly seeing it as a stick. i.e. if I hit right or left on my right analog stick, the game interprets them as button 7 and 8.

Damnit, so close, has to be something I'm missing...

Fayorei
Jan 28, 2012, 05:04 AM
Xbox 360 controller is now working. 1.2 official drivers on Microsoft's site, Windows 7 64-bit. Patch fixed me.:)

BahnKnakyu
Jan 28, 2012, 10:21 AM
Alright, found an alternate solution. PS3 controller works. Just set MotionJoy to X360 controller emulator mode. VERIFY IT'S PROPERLY EMULATED by going to the Game Controller control panel (Devices and Printers --> Right click Playstation 3 controller, pick Game Controller Settings) and make sure it shows up as XBOX360 Wireless Receiver for Windows.

Masterflower
Jan 28, 2012, 07:22 PM
Alright, found an alternate solution. PS3 controller works. Just set MotionJoy to X360 controller emulator mode. VERIFY IT'S PROPERLY EMULATED by going to the Game Controller control panel (Devices and Printers --> Right click Playstation 3 controller, pick Game Controller Settings) and make sure it shows up as XBOX360 Wireless Receiver for Windows.

I tired this and it didnt seem to make a difference. :/

Cayenne
Jan 28, 2012, 07:27 PM
I'll try that next time, I stil get the "My character only moves diagonally left."

Zaix
Jan 28, 2012, 07:45 PM
My wireless Logitech controller still doesn't work

burende
Jan 28, 2012, 09:50 PM
The controller i tried when i started this Thread was an Onza Razor Torn. edition. after plugging in my old 360 wired controller it worked with no issues. (Win7 64-bit). Heard its better if you use M$ products since Windows finds all the correct drivers for it.

Angelo
Jan 29, 2012, 02:27 AM
I had zero problems with the controller, it worked flawlessly. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and used an Xbox 360 controller.

Tyreek
Jan 29, 2012, 06:22 PM
I'm using a Logitech Dual Action wired controller for my gameplay. I even updated the profiler from the official website. It still doesn't seem to fix it. I'm using Vista 64-bit.

Noblewine
Jan 29, 2012, 06:41 PM
Will I have trouble learning how to use the keyboard and mouse if a gamepad isn't compatible?

Blueblur
Jan 29, 2012, 06:49 PM
Xbox 360 controller is now working. 1.2 official drivers on Microsoft's site, Windows 7 64-bit. Patch fixed me.:)
Ditto for me.

Cayenne
Jan 31, 2012, 09:09 PM
Bump, let's get this working for everyone (including me)

str898mustang
Jan 31, 2012, 09:13 PM
the motionjoy didn't work for ya?

Cayenne
Jan 31, 2012, 09:18 PM
Tried both times, still run diagonally to the left.

str898mustang
Feb 1, 2012, 12:14 AM
Tried both times, still run diagonally to the left.

did you install the driver that motionjoy gives ya?

Cayenne
Feb 1, 2012, 12:24 AM
I'll update those right now (since servers are NOT up lol)

Resanoca
Feb 1, 2012, 12:28 AM
Well, seems I can move around now. But my camera is ferked. Up/down and left/right are switch. D:

Cayenne
Feb 1, 2012, 12:35 AM
Updated. Lets see if it works this time (set on 360)

Luffyo
Feb 1, 2012, 01:13 AM
I got my x360 controller working fine for the 2nd alpha day after I have reset to default options. Then, you'll be asked to choose keyboard or gamepad controls, choose gamepad and that should do it. Too bad I've tried that 5 minutes before the servers goes off...

Dinosaur
Feb 1, 2012, 01:19 AM
I got my x360 controller working fine for the 2nd alpha day after I have reset to default options. Then, you'll be asked to choose keyboard or gamepad controls, choose gamepad and that should do it. Too bad I've tried that 5 minutes before the servers goes off...

You can choose controller type in the in-game settings. Give me a minute to upload pictures.

Everything that is open and highlighted is what you select for 360 controllers.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/select360.jpg

Christmas
Feb 1, 2012, 03:01 AM
Anyone with a working x64 wireless 360 controller mind listing what the controller is listed as in the device manager? It's probably "HID-compliant game controller" but I want to check.

Also if possible uploading or showing the contents of their xusb21.inf would be great as well. It's the driver to the receiver.

robomaru
Feb 1, 2012, 12:49 PM
ps2 gamepad is working after patch today, but The right analog which is camera controller is not working probably. When i rotate it at Up-Down position in the game it seem to rotate in Right-Left position instead and when i rotate it at Left-Right position in the game it seem to make a zoom in - out instead

Forever Zero
Feb 1, 2012, 02:59 PM
My PS3 controller finally worked in the last test. The patch must have fixed it because I didn't mess around with the settings or anything. The only problem, like the previous posters have said, is that the camera control is all messed up. I'm just glad I finally got to use a gamepad tho. :D

Faiyez
Feb 1, 2012, 04:59 PM
ps3 pad actually was not working for me even today UNTIL I clicked on the "default settings" in the controller options. It works perfectly now (at least that's what I think solved it)

Blueblur
Feb 1, 2012, 07:35 PM
You can choose controller type in the in-game settings. Give me a minute to upload pictures.

Everything that is open and highlighted is what you select for 360 controllers.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/select360.jpg

When I do that I can no longer use keys on my keyboard (like the 'M' key to open the map). Pressing any letter key results in the chat window opening; is that what Direct Chat is?

Do you know if there is a way to display 360 buttons in the UI but still be able to use keyboard shortcuts like 'M'?

Mike
Feb 1, 2012, 07:52 PM
When I do that I can no longer use keys on my keyboard (like the 'M' key to open the map). Pressing any letter key results in the chat window opening; is that what Direct Chat is?
That is what direct chat is.

Do you know if there is a way to display 360 buttons in the UI but still be able to use keyboard shortcuts like 'M'?
Turn off direct chat. You'll be able to use keyboard shortcuts and your controller. Certain keyboard controls work even when direct chat is on too. (I'm looking at you shift key.)

Blueblur
Feb 1, 2012, 08:00 PM
Which of the three buttons at the bottom of the Settings Menu should I be using to confirm the changes after turning off Direct Chat?

During the second day of testing I tried turning off the Direct Chat and keeping the 360 button icons turned on in the UI but whatever I was clicking kept making the UI default to PC control icons.

Mike
Feb 1, 2012, 08:33 PM
You turn off direct chat in the in-game options menu. I believe it's under the 基本設定 tab. I don't have a screenshot of the options menu to show you but if you look for the ダイレクトチャット bit.

Crystal_Shard
Feb 1, 2012, 09:10 PM
I didn't bother attempting to use my Logitech Gamepad for yesterday's Alpha session. Beginning to get pretty used to the mouse / keyboard layout actually. On another note, I'm actually starting to lean in the mouse/keyboard direction as well because of something I spotted in my local electronics retail store, when I went checking prices for the wired PC 360 controller.

http://ap.razerzone.com/razer-naga

Heck, yes. Goodbye gamepad dreams, if this works as advertised! This is the first time I've actually been thankful that WoW exists.

Also: http://ap.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards/razer-nostromo

Dunno if this will give me carpal tunnel syndrome, but could be useful in replacing the keyboard on my left hand.

Oddly enough, my actual objective - looking for the wired 360 controller - went unfulfilled, because I couldn't find it in the store. Might have to go to a larger store, or get the Razer variant of it as a stopgap. Provided I don't just get the mouse above that is.

Tyreek
Feb 1, 2012, 09:16 PM
LOL, Logitech has been working now. Thank god. Man it was annoying configuring the control scheme.

Blueblur
Feb 1, 2012, 09:38 PM
You turn off direct chat in the in-game options menu. I believe it's under the 基本設定 tab. I don't have a screenshot of the options menu to show you but if you look for the ダイレクトチャット bit.

I'll look for it. Thanks, Mike.

BahnKnakyu
Feb 2, 2012, 06:56 PM
Friend of mine with a PS2 to USB converter said that his gamepad generally worked, except the right analog only moved the camera up/down and not left/right.

From what I can tell, PSO2 has a hard time recognizing gamepads that use Z-axis rotation for their right stick because it gets crossed up with how it expects Z-axis rotation to behave from the X360 controller.

In other words, they need to allow us to configure the sticks either ingame or outside of game JUST LIKE IN PSOBB AND PSU.

I'm using a PS3 controller that emulates an X360 controller but I don't like having to use this workaround. I want the game to natively recognize and allow me to configure my gamepad easily.