PDA

View Full Version : Changing Universal Account Name

BahnKnakyu
Jan 28, 2012, 04:27 PM
Couple of my friends are sharing an account, the account was originally created by Friend #2. Friend #1 logs on - he gets to the prompt that asks him to make what is akin to an XBL Gamertag (an account name that is fixed amongst all servers and characters). We asked a moonspeaking friend of ours what this is and he said "oh, that's where you put your character name". So thinking that, Friend #1 puts in his intended character name.

Then my Friend #1 learns later in that process he has to put a character name AGAIN. We play ingame for awhile, no problem.

Friend #2 logs on, makes his own character. We meet ingame and this is when I take the opportunity to add Friend #2 to my friends list. However, on my Friends list, he comes up as friend #1's name, which means that the serverwide account name is stuck with Friend #1's name even though Friend #2's character is a completely different name.

Is there any way to change this anywhere?

For those who went from Alpha 1 to Alpha 2, were all your characters reset and was the universal server-wide account name ALSO reset, or are we stuck with this for the beta?

str898mustang
Jan 28, 2012, 04:30 PM
thats why you dont share account info

Zaix
Jan 28, 2012, 06:18 PM
^^^this^^^

Seriously though, no problems here...

Cayenne
Jan 28, 2012, 07:10 PM
What you did is against SEGA rules and guide lines.

No one can legally help you with this situation, at least not on here. Sorry.

BahnKnakyu
Jan 28, 2012, 08:17 PM
You're acting like #1 purposely did it to screw over #2. Using a canned response like that isn't going to help my situation, and regardless, what if it was my own account and I didn't like the account name I gave myself?

CAN you change your account name or not? Nevermind the above situation. What if I wanted to change it to something in case I thought that the account name prompt WAS the character prompt?

Polantaris
Jan 28, 2012, 08:19 PM
Seeing as how there doesn't seem to be an option for changing it, and it's set in the main menu...I want to say no. Deal with it until the next testing phase, everything is sure to get reset.

"En"
Jan 28, 2012, 08:21 PM
Why does it matter? It's nothing more than a method of identification, not unlike Guild Card / Partner Card numbers.

...Which, incidentally, still exist in chatlogs.

Cayenne
Jan 28, 2012, 08:24 PM
Using a canned response like that isn't going to help my situation
That was the point.

But as for changing the name, I think it's irreversible.