PDA

View Full Version : Problems running PSO2 α2

Morino521
Jan 29, 2012, 12:11 AM
I've seen other people post about having problems with PSO2 α2, but none of their solutions have helped me so far. Every time I start up PSO2, I'm able to get as far as the introduction, but after I click OK to go to the title screen, the game crashes and gives me this error:
http://i40.tinypic.com/20ktbgo.jpg

Here's the way things are and what I've done:

-My computer runs Windows Vista 64-bit
-I made it so my firewall allows PSO2
-I tried running the PSO2 a2.exe as admin
-I've unchecked the read-only box for all files in the PSO2 folder
-I've set my graphics to 1 in the PSO2 options
-I've tried using AppLocale to see if it's a language error, but no such luck

I'm fairly confident this is a gameguard error (I've had similar errors like this before in games such as Mabinogi and Ragnarok Online)

At this point I can safely assume PSO2 hates my computer. Can anyone help me with my problem? I'd really like to be able to play this and would hate to get this far just to not be able to play.

Serephim
Jan 29, 2012, 12:19 AM
go into options set the graphics at 0 run as administrator try again

Morino521
Jan 29, 2012, 12:35 AM
Yeah...Notice how I said I already tried those. No change. Thanks anyway, though.

Cayenne
Jan 29, 2012, 12:40 AM
Do the bare bone basics: Update drivers

Serephim
Jan 29, 2012, 12:42 AM
Try changing options again. This seems to do things for me. It doesn't really matter what you change it to, just as long as you change it i think.

Maybe im wrong.

Morino521
Jan 29, 2012, 01:19 AM
I just tried, once again, to go to my options. Yep, graphics at 1 instead of 3, and I saved it again. Still not working. I don't think it's a PSO2 error, I think it may be a gameguard error :/

AzureAsh
Jan 29, 2012, 01:33 AM
Just curious, what are your computers specifications?

Morino521
Jan 29, 2012, 01:39 AM
What exactly are you wanting me to show you in the specs?

failstrom
Jan 29, 2012, 01:56 AM
Turn the shader off. It's on the first page, second option, and lower bullet. I know it's a tad late, but that's what fixes it.
http://i40.tinypic.com/zv1sao.png

Morino521
Jan 29, 2012, 01:59 AM
._. I just tried that...Unfortunately it still won't work.

failstrom
Jan 29, 2012, 02:10 AM
I think I misread your error XD The shader error is a memory one. You may be right about gameguard, but I think it's a graphics card error. Have you tried an uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot yet? Also you may try running in fullscreen, and tell me what that does. I'll see if we can work this out, but it looks like it may very well be a graphics card error. If that doesn't work we can try updating your drivers.

Morino521
Jan 29, 2012, 02:27 AM
Well, I updated all that I could for now, and that didn't do anything either. Not only that, I've uninstalled/reinstalled at least 3 times now..It would make sense that it's my graphics card, it's not the best one. I tried using a graphics card accelerator but that only made matters worse, so I had to run a restore program to remove the effects. Also, I did try full screen. It did not help at all.

failstrom
Jan 29, 2012, 02:36 AM
You may try going to your graphic's card's website and installing a fresh driver for it. It doesn't have to be the best, I know some without dedicated cards who played.

Morino521
Jan 29, 2012, 02:48 AM
Ok, I'll try that and I'll let you know if it helps or not, thanks.

SolRiver
Jan 29, 2012, 02:58 AM
Already updated .net framework related?

The error code is about RAM memory issues... Could be due to windows issue, or more.

try command prompt and type sfc /scannow

Morino521
Jan 29, 2012, 03:42 AM
Ok, after about 30 minutes of waiting for it to complete, I've done a system scan. It says: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." I'm guessing this isn't a good thing...

failstrom
Jan 29, 2012, 11:24 PM
You really ought to look into updating your drivers.