PDA

View Full Version : The JP PSU Servers :)

dias_flac_0g
Jan 30, 2012, 10:38 PM
I hate to say this especially when my other controversial topic is still in the first page of the forum, but due to the big problem that we are currently having in our server (tons of lag that makes the game unplayable and it boots us off all the time, they have told us to be patient for 5 days now...) I gaved in a little bit and decided to take a peek at the JP side of things... It's free so I figured why not?

I'm already having more fun than on the 360 servers lol. No lag just awesome smooth 60 FPS gameplay AA no jaggyness etc etc. Just going to the lumias is fun looking at all the new hair styles that I can put on my girl now it was exciting.

The menus arent hard at all to nagivate (well just a bit) especially since I just do everything on pure reaction I know what's what already.

But I have a couple of questions. Ok in the Lumias I noticed two options that we do not have on the 360 one lets us change the proportions of our chars (awesome) and then there's another one down below it. I clicked on it just to see what it was but just some weird jp text came up.

What is that option? What does it do?

And also, eventhough the game runs great when i'm in a mission I feel like a slight delay (lag) when I hit enemies for example, when I punch something with my gloves I dont see the damage right away the game has a slight delay then I see the damage come up. It's not game breaking or anything but it's a small annoyance.

Why is it doing that? Is it my connection? Or is it because the servers are in Japan? Is there a way to fix it?

I would really appreciate some answers. Thank you :)

FOkyasuta
Jan 30, 2012, 10:47 PM
But I have a couple of questions. Ok in the Lumias I noticed two options that we do not have on the 360 one lets us change the proportions of our chars (awesome) and then there's another one down below it. I clicked on it just to see what it was but just some weird jp text came up.

What is that option? What does it do?

First one Changes proportions.

And also, eventhough the game runs great when i'm in a mission I feel like a slight delay (lag) when I hit enemies for example, when I punch something with my gloves I dont see the damage right away the game has a slight delay then I see the damage come up. It's not game breaking or anything but it's a small annoyance.

Happens to me too. Best bet its probably the Computer or Internet.

dias_flac_0g
Jan 30, 2012, 10:55 PM
First one Changes proportions.

Happens to me too. Best bet its probably the Computer or Internet.

Ty for fast reply, but I already know about the proportion options. The one that i'm asking about is the one right under it. What does that one do? It's in yellow text just like the proportions one.

FOkyasuta
Jan 30, 2012, 11:00 PM
Ty for fast reply, but I already know about the proportion options. The one that i'm asking about is the one right under it. What does that one do? It's in yellow text just like the proportions one.
Yeah no clue. Your better off asking a vet.

Crysteon
Jan 30, 2012, 11:29 PM
Proportions option need a Body Ticket that you can get by purchasing it at GC shop for 1000GC, second option requires Hair Style tickets in order to unlock a random hairstyle from PSP2.

dias_flac_0g
Jan 31, 2012, 12:39 AM
Cool thanks :)

One another question.

I noticed that there's hardly anyone playing on the jp servers. There's only one star in the universe that says GBR.

I always thought that the JP servers had a ton of players way more than the 360 servers. Not really a techincal question, i'm just wondering is all.

str898mustang
Jan 31, 2012, 12:41 AM
JP people are in school right now....it's 2:41pm there now. It's usually peak time around 6am (central time)

Titan
Jan 31, 2012, 12:59 AM

Why is it doing that? Is it my connection? Or is it because the servers are in Japan? Is there a way to fix it?

I would really appreciate some answers. Thank you :)

That would be (late)ncy, or long sever responses since your internets are requesting other internets from a long distance. Latency is just something you will have to get used to.

TheAstarion
Jan 31, 2012, 09:55 AM
Yeah, the lag is due to your ping, which will be high compared to what you're used to.

It's not anywhere near as bad in the US as it is in Europe or Brazil though. We're looking at around 700-1000 ping typically, when I visited the US I was getting 200-300 for JP, which is what I got in Europe on the US servers.

You'll just have to kinda accept the fact that healing is futile, trimates are useless, and dodging is something you can only do if you were doing it before the server decided to issue the attack. Luckily for me, though, they made my main class even tankier so I can just heal through any problems.

ShadowDragon16
Jan 31, 2012, 06:05 PM
I rarely lag on the jp psu, though maybe i do im not sure it doesnt seem like it. Maybe i do but i got used to it and play naturally without realizing ive been playing since Jan the 4th i think but recently i stopped because i was playing Disiddia on psp i'll probably get back on there soon but come friday it will be hard

dias_flac_0g
Jan 31, 2012, 07:48 PM
JP people are in school right now....it's 2:41pm there now. It's usually peak time around 6am (central time)

When you said "they're in school" are you telling me that most if not all of the JP community is still in middle school and high school?

No grown ups play this in JP? If that's the case that's odd. Granted I dont know much about JP culture and all that stuff.

Most of the people I knew and know in 360 are all adults =P

str898mustang
Jan 31, 2012, 08:15 PM
When you said "they're in school" are you telling me that most if not all of the JP community is still in middle school and high school?

No grown ups play this in JP? If that's the case that's odd. Granted I dont know much about JP culture and all that stuff.

Most of the people I knew and know in 360 are all adults =P

ok...some are in school....some are at work, lol

you can be an adult and still go to college.

Keilyn
Jan 31, 2012, 10:49 PM
Ping is really high for me.

I get between 150 - 200 lately, but it still works for the game.