PDA

View Full Version : Translated Information (updated 1-31)

Eclipse5632
Jan 31, 2012, 04:45 PM
Skill Trees
Images modified from originals found at: http://www.ell2.com/pso2-wiki/
Skill descriptions translated from: http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?FrontPage

Hunter
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx142/Sensei-Hanzo/PSO2/hunterskilltree.png
HP Up: Increases your max HP.

Physical Damage Up 1: Increases your physical damage.

Fury Stance: A stance skill that increases your physical and ranged damage, but lowers your defense.

JA Bonus 1: Grants bonus damage to all just attacks, excluding techniques.

Attack PP Restoration: Increases the amount of PP you restore with normal attacks.

Fury Critical: Increases your chance of landing a critical hit while in Fury Stance.

Physical Attack Up 2: Increases your physical damage.

Physical Defense Up 1: Increases your physical defense.

War Cry: Draws the attention of enemies.

Iron Will: Sometimes leaves you with 1 HP upon death.

Guard Stance: A stance skill that lowers physical and ranged damage but raises your defense.

HP Up 2: Increases your max HP.

Flash Guard: Chance of reducing incoming physical and ranged damage.

Guard Stance Poison: Heals poison while in Guard Stance.

Guard Stance Burn: Heals burn while in Guard Stance.

Flash Tech Guard: Chance of reducing incoming technique damage.

Guard Stance Up 1: Increases defense during Guard Stance.

Auto-mate Half Line: Chance of automatically using a mate item when HP drops below 50%.

Auto-mate Dead Line: Chance of automatically using a mate item when HP drops below 25%.

Guard: Blocks enemy attacks by holding your weapon in front of you.

Ranged Defense Up 1: Increases ranged defense.

Just Guard: Greatly reduces damage if you block just before an attack hits.

Just Counter: Attacking directly after performing a Just Guard will result in a Just Attack.

Step: Quickly jump a short distance.

Step Advance: Extends the period of invincibility during a Step.

Step Attack: Allows you to attack during a Step.

Just Reversal: Use the Jump action to quickly get up when knocked down.[/spoiler-box]

Ranger
[spoiler-box]http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx142/Sensei-Hanzo/PSO2/rangerskilltreeV3.png
Ability Up 1: Increases your ability stat.

Weak Hit Advance 1: Greatly increases ranged damage when hitting a weak point.

Weak Bullet: Assault Rifle only. Loads a weakening bullet.

Ability Up 2: Increases your ability stat.

Ranged Defense Up 1: Increases your ranged defense.

Weak Hit Advance 2: Greatly increases ranged damage when hitting a weak point.

Tool Mastery: Increases the power of Tool skills.

Poison Trap: Sets a poison trap.

Upper Trap: Sets a trap that launches enemies into the air.

Stun Grenade: Launches a flash grenade that inflicts the stun status on enemies.

Upper Trap Custom: Increases the power of your upper traps.

Poison Trap Custom: Raises the chance of your poison traps inflicting poison.

Ranged Damage Up 1: Increases your ranged attack damage.

Ranged Damage Up 2: Increases your ranged attack damage.

Standing Snipe 1: Increases damage done while standing still.

Bind Bullet: Assault Rifles only. Loads a binding bullet.

Dive Roll: Quickly move a short distance by diving and rolling.

Dive Roll Advance: Extends the period of invincibility during a Dive Roll.

Just Reversal: Use the Jump action to quickly get up when knocked down.[/spoiler-box]

Force
[spoiler-box]http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx142/Sensei-Hanzo/PSO2/forceskilltree.png
Magic Up 1: Raises your Magic Attack stat.

Tech Charge Advance 1: Increases the damage of charged techniques.

Tech Charge Advance 2: Increases the damage of charged techniques.

Charge PP Revival: Recover PP while charging.

Photon Flare: Temporarily increases your magic attack in exchange for lowered max HP.

Flame Mastery 1: Increases damage of flame techniques.

Flame Tech S Charge: Decreases the charge time of flame techniques.

Burn Boost: Increases the chance of inflicting burn.

Flame Mastery 2: Increases the power of flame techniques.

Ice Mastery 1: Increases the damage of ice techniques.

Freeze Boost: Increases the chance of inflicting freeze.

Ice Mastery 2: Increases the damage of ice techniques.

Freeze Ignition: Detonates frozen enemies, dealing huge damage.

Bolt Mastery 1: Increases the damage of lightning techniques.

Bolt Tech PP Save: Lowers the PP cost of lightning techniques.

Shock Boost: Increases the chance of inflicting shock.

Bolt Mastery 2: Increases the damage of lightning techniques.

Normal Tech Advance: Raises the damage of uncharged techniques.

PP Up 1: Increases your max PP.

PP Up 2: Increases your max PP.

Tech JA Advance: Grants bonus damage when performing a Just Attack with a technique.

Mirage Escape: Disrupts sensory information and moves a set distance while invincible.

Just Reversal: Use the Jump action to quickly get up when knocked down.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Upgrading Equipment
[SPOILER-BOX]Equipment can be upgraded at the Item Lab, which is the yellow shop found in the main lobby (the one with the video screens).

When you talk to the person behind the desk, you're offered three options for what to do:
- Strengthen Equipment
- Strengthen Element
- Add Special Ability
(The last option is just to leave the Item Lab)
I will cover how to do each of these in order.

Strengthen Equipment
Select the item you want to upgrade, and a window will pop up (http://pso2.jp/alpha2/manual/preparation/upgrade/image/upgrade_ss_02_l.jpg) telling you how many grinders (グラインダー) and how much meseta you need for the upgrade. The two lines in yellow are what you want to look at. The first one is number of grinders and the second one is meseta. The last two lines before the table tell you the chances of the upgrade succeeding and the "maximum risk". In this case, it says the upgrade is "certain" to succeed and there is no risk. Presumably as you upgrade more there's a higher chance of failure. The kicker is if the upgrade fails, the item actually goes down in strength. The table at the bottom shows how the weapon's stats will increase. Click the button on the left to commence upgrading.

Strengthen Element
If a weapon has an element on it, you can increase this elemental attribute. To do this, you need meseta, another weapon with the same name, and a synthesizer (シンセサイザー). Click on the second option on the Item Lab menu. Then, select the weapon whose element you want to upgrade and the weapon that will be consumed as a material. Remember that the weapon you want to upgrade and the material weapon must have the same name. Just like for grinding, a screen will pop up (http://pso2.jp/alpha2/manual/preparation/upgrade/image/attribute_ss_03_l.jpg) that tells you how many synthesizers and meseta you need and how much the element will be increased by. It seems like there's no chance of failure for this, so click the left button to complete the process.

Add Special Ability
Weapons and Units can have special abilities, which you can see on the third tab of the info page. You can also quickly see which items have these abilities and how many they have by the icon that says x0, x1, etc. next to it (http://pso2.jp/alpha2/manual/preparation/upgrade/image/ability_ss_02_l.jpg). I don't know what all of them are, but most of the ones I've seen either add a chance of inflicting a status to a weapon or give some kind of passive stat boost. An item can have a maximum of eight special abilities. After selecting the third option at the Item Lab, choose the item you want to add a special ability to. Next, select items that have abilities you want to add. Note that you can only use items that have the same number of special abilities as the target item. The exception is if the target item has zero abilities to start with, in which case you can add abilities from any item. Click the left button. Then, a list of all the special abilities all the selected items have will show up. You can choose which special abilities you want to try to put on the target item, but if you have to use any "extra slots" (not sure if this means for each ability past the first or just for if you're adding more abilities than the item had to begin with) then it will lower the chance of each individual ability being added. In the example, they have an item with Arm I as the target and an item with Mind I as the material. Just putting on Arm I has a 100% chance (http://pso2.jp/alpha2/manual/preparation/upgrade/image/ability_ss_04_l.jpg), but when they add Mind I to that the chance drops to 70% for both abilities (http://pso2.jp/alpha2/manual/preparation/upgrade/image/ability_ss_05_l.jpg). After that, a thing pops up telling you how much money it'll cost, hit go and see which abilities were successfully added.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Blueblur
Jan 31, 2012, 04:49 PM
Thank you very much.

Fatal-Killer
Jan 31, 2012, 04:49 PM
Very nice! Thanks for this

Slidikins
Jan 31, 2012, 04:55 PM
I didn't get into a2, but just looking at the tech trees has me feeling giddy. I can probably spend the next week or so just theorizing builds I'd like to try out.. only to scrap it and start over once I get my hands on the game.

Vashyron
Jan 31, 2012, 04:56 PM
This will be very useful.

Many Thanks.

SELENNA
Jan 31, 2012, 04:59 PM
Interesting to say the least. Thanks

Kanashimi
Jan 31, 2012, 05:14 PM
This is just me being picky, but... can you adjust Ability Up 1 and Skill Up 2 so it's clear they're the same type? :X

str898mustang
Jan 31, 2012, 05:28 PM
Can someome explain what the skill tree means? Like do you pick one or something?

therealAERO
Jan 31, 2012, 05:31 PM
You are given SP each time you level(I think) and you use SP to unlock the skill tree and each ability you unlock branches out to the next. The further you get down the more it cost in SP.

And those lines next to the locks is how many times you have to spend SP on that single ability to move down to the next.

Correct me if I am wrong

Eclipse5632
Jan 31, 2012, 05:34 PM
This is just me being picky, but... can you adjust Ability Up 1 and Skill Up 2 so it's clear they're the same type? :X
Oh, whoops. Thanks for pointing that out. I originally started calling that stat Skill, but I realized that might cause confusion with, like...skills. So I changed it to Ability but I guess I forgot to change the other one.

Can someome explain what the skill tree means? Like do you pick one or something?
Every time you level up you get a skill point that you can put into a skill of your choosing. Each skill has a max level, which you can see next to each skill (like how it says 0/10 for HP Up on the Hunter tree; its max level is 10). Some skills you can't put points into unless you put points in skills that are higher in the tree. You can tell how many points you need to put into them by the number next to the lock icon directly above the skill. For instance, to unlock Physical Damage Up 1 you need to put 2 points into HP Up 1, and to unlock Physical Defense Up 1 you need to put 3 points into HP Up 1.

str898mustang
Jan 31, 2012, 05:37 PM
gotcha....thanks!

Ken & Robo
Jan 31, 2012, 05:49 PM
Nice job on these translations, Eclipse.

By the way, do you have any idea how to increase the "levels" for certain skills (i.e. the 0/10 below the HP Up skill in the Hunter Skill Tree)? Does it require you to invest additional skill points into them in order to level them up? I was just curious about that.

Eclipse5632
Jan 31, 2012, 06:46 PM
Thanks Ken! ^^

Putting points into a skill and leveling them up are the same thing. The images are all of "clean" skill trees, meaning no points have been put into them yet. Every class comes with one or two skills by default: every class has their dodge skill and Hunters additionally have Guard.

Ken & Robo
Jan 31, 2012, 06:49 PM
Alright. Thanks for the info. Eclipse. ^^

*Craves to be a RAcast on PSO2*

Seth Astra
Jan 31, 2012, 07:06 PM
Seems like there active skills in the trees, rather than just passives. I like. I can't wait to see the trees in the full game.

Raven5_1
Jan 31, 2012, 08:00 PM
Can you complete the whole skill tree or is there a limit to how many branches you can follow/how many skills you can acquire?

ThePendragon
Jan 31, 2012, 08:19 PM
Some of these sounds like abilities you'd need to map once you unlock them. I'll have to try them out.

Eclipse5632
Jan 31, 2012, 08:37 PM
Can you complete the whole skill tree or is there a limit to how many branches you can follow/how many skills you can acquire?
I believe they have said that you will not be able to max the skill tree. Since we don't know the max level or how the skill trees will look in the final game, we can't say how much of it you can have at once. There's no limitation to how many branches you can follow, though.

Some of these sounds like abilities you'd need to map once you unlock them. I'll have to try them out.
Yeah, some of these are definitely active skills. It doesn't say anywhere in game which ones are active or passive as far as I can tell, but you can kind of figure out which are which by the description. Skills that I know or suspect are active are:

Hunter
Step
Step Attack
Just Reversal
Fury Stance
Guard Stance
War Cry

Ranger
Dive Roll
Just Reversal
Weak Bullet
Poison Trap
Upper Trap
Stun Grenade
Bind Bullet

Force
Mirage Escape
Just Reversal
Photon Flare
Freeze Ignition

Cayenne
Jan 31, 2012, 08:48 PM
Thank you very much for this thread. This is what I mainly wanted from all the menus translated.

Angelo
Jan 31, 2012, 08:57 PM
This is looking good, but I'm really hoping there will be more than this when the game is finally released. Hunter looks incredibly fleshed out, but Ranger looks like there could be room for more 'masteries'?

I'm also hoping that it's never really possible to max out all skills no matter how much you level, so each character is unique and you'll really have to make a choice.

Dinosaur
Jan 31, 2012, 09:02 PM
These are level 1 skill trees. It's not hard to imagine that there will be at least level 2 - 3 skill trees for each class.

PS: I'm making a new Hunter and getting Fury Critical!

Angelo
Jan 31, 2012, 09:34 PM
These are level 1 skill trees. It's not hard to imagine that there will be at least level 2 - 3 skill trees for each class.

PS: I'm making a new Hunter and getting Fury Critical!

Where are you seeing 'Level 1' Skill tree? I'm not trying to argue, I'm just enthusiastic.

As for myself, I'd love to make a defense oriented War Cry Hunter.

Dinosaur
Jan 31, 2012, 10:00 PM
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/asdasd.jpg

Serephim
Jan 31, 2012, 10:02 PM
Has anyone spectulated exactly what the "ability" stat does yet...?

Fenn777
Jan 31, 2012, 10:02 PM
Would someone mind explaining how Stances, Traps (or are they now "Tools"?), and the Bullet Skills (Bind Bullet, etc.) work please?

Eclipse5632
Jan 31, 2012, 10:05 PM
Well, I've speculated that it might influence your critical hit chance or that it could just add a flat damage bonus to all attack types, but that's just random guessing. I have nothing to back that up.

Would someone mind explaining how Stances, Traps (or are they now "Tools"?), and the Bullet Skills (Bind Bullet, etc.) work please?
I can only speak for stances since that's all I have experience using, but you use the skill once to enter the stance. You can leave the stance at any time and there's no maximum amount of time you can stay in it, but you have to wait like 60 seconds from the time you cast it before you can enter it again. There's an easily visible timer on the skill's icon on the sub-palette that you can check. For example, if you enter Fury Stance and then exit it 45 seconds later, you have to wait 15 seconds to be able to enter it again. I think the bullet skills work the same way in that you load one or more of that type of bullet (depending on skill level) and then once you shoot them you can't load more until the timer runs out.

Also, I added instructions for how to upgrade equipment at the Item Lab in the first post and put stuff in spoiler boxes for readability.

Dinosaur
Jan 31, 2012, 10:05 PM

It increases PA damage. This applies to all abilities like traps and grenade. I'm not exactly sure about FO "techs".

For stances, you just put it on your hotkey bar, press it, and you're good to go.

Serephim
Jan 31, 2012, 11:42 PM
Dont be fooled though. You get no animation change.

moorebounce
Feb 1, 2012, 02:15 AM
I'm pretty sure some people are upset about them not going with the element names they had in the other games but I'm not. After all these years I called them for what they were and I welcome the change.

Mike
Feb 1, 2012, 02:23 AM
For stances, you just put it on your hotkey bar, press it, and you're good to go.
Ditto for bullets and traps. You'll get an animation of the bullet being loaded in to the gun when you use a bullet skill but I don't know what happens with traps.

Zyrusticae
Feb 1, 2012, 04:17 AM
Hmmm, very nice.

I think I'll be going fury stance all the way with my Huney. That's going to be ridiculous, being so fragile but dealing out so much damage. Fun fun fun~

Angelo
Feb 1, 2012, 04:45 AM
I'm pretty sure some people are upset about them not going with the element names they had in the other games but I'm not. After all these years I called them for what they were and I welcome the change.

What do you mean? I picked up a disk and it read "Barta" iirc.

limed
Feb 1, 2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosaur View Post
Ditto for bullets and traps. You'll get an animation of the bullet being loaded in to the gun when you use a bullet skill but I don't know what happens with traps.

For traps you get a skill animation where you plant the trap for about 3-5 seconds. I don't quite remember how but I think you can cancel planting the trap, but then you will lose the trap without it being placed. After the trap is placed there is a timer bar that counts down the time limit it has to exist on the field after which the trap will disappear. During this time you can detonate it using the same button that you used to place it (NOTE: Traps do not auto-detonate).

To be honest I felt like traps were a little weak for the amount of time it took to set them up and place them and the poison trap does not guarantee poison. I suppose if you take the masteries they might turn out better but it takes alot of points to master one trap so I never bothered.

The stun grenade skill was a little nifty being instant cast allowing you to throw a grenade where you have your cursor pointed and causing all enemies in its area of effect to be stunned instantly for a short period (~5 seconds), however with only 10 uses of it its hard to find a good time to use one... I suppose might be useful on groups of those shield lizard things maybe?

cristfc
Feb 1, 2012, 10:26 AM
When you fail grinding a weapon, it lose a point to max upgrade such as PSU?
(I hope not..)

SuKKrl
Feb 1, 2012, 10:42 AM
Haven't seen anything regarding max upgrades yet. If you fail it when its +3 to +6 it goes down a level and +6 to +8 (haven't seen higher), goes down 2.

Fenn777
Feb 1, 2012, 11:07 AM
Thanks for all the replies people!

Dont be fooled though. You get no animation change.

So are these permanent? As in, you click it, and switch into "Guard Stance" for instance, and remain with those stat adjustments unless you turn it off? Or does it work like a basic temporary buff? If it's the latter I'll be a little disappointed, I was hoping for something more original.

Now, are these the same or different from PAs? If I understand it correctly, PAs are equipped in a way to a melee weapon's pallette, and you can use them in combos. Do guns have PAs then as well, or are bullet skills the Ranger substitute for PAs?

For traps you get a skill animation where you plant the trap for about 3-5 seconds. I don't quite remember how but I think you can cancel planting the trap, but then you will lose the trap without it being placed. After the trap is placed there is a timer bar that counts down the time limit it has to exist on the field after which the trap will disappear. During this time you can detonate it using the same button that you used to place it (NOTE: Traps do not auto-detonate).

To be honest I felt like traps were a little weak for the amount of time it took to set them up and place them and the poison trap does not guarantee poison. I suppose if you take the masteries they might turn out better but it takes alot of points to master one trap so I never bothered.

The stun grenade skill was a little nifty being instant cast allowing you to throw a grenade where you have your cursor pointed and causing all enemies in its area of effect to be stunned instantly for a short period (~5 seconds), however with only 10 uses of it its hard to find a good time to use one... I suppose might be useful on groups of those shield lizard things maybe?

So you have limited ammunition for traps? And is this stun grenade a bullet skill on the tree, a PA, a trap, or something different? Sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to figure out how everything works.

Eclipse5632
Feb 1, 2012, 11:31 AM
When you fail grinding a weapon, it lose a point to max upgrade such as PSU?
(I hope not..)
Failing a grind just takes it down to a previous grind level, as I understand it. I don't think there are any long-term effects. Haven't actually had it happen yet, though.

limed
Feb 1, 2012, 08:00 PM
Thanks for all the replies people!

So are these permanent? As in, you click it, and switch into "Guard Stance" for instance, and remain with those stat adjustments unless you turn it off? Or does it work like a basic temporary buff? If it's the latter I'll be a little disappointed, I was hoping for something more original.

Now, are these the same or different from PAs? If I understand it correctly, PAs are equipped in a way to a melee weapon's pallette, and you can use them in combos. Do guns have PAs then as well, or are bullet skills the Ranger substitute for PAs?

So you have limited ammunition for traps? And is this stun grenade a bullet skill on the tree, a PA, a trap, or something different? Sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to figure out how everything works.

I can't say anything about hunters at all since I've only played ranger so far, but I can say that rangers do have PAs that go into their "combo palettes". But ranger combo palettes don't really act as combo palettes, rather they act more like the force palette where they're just mouse shortcuts to use their PAs. From what I've seen rangers have 3 right now: some sort of piercing shot, an exploding shot and a rapid fire kind of shot. They have these in addition to the 2 bullet skills from their skill trees: weaken bullet and bind bullet. I certainly do hope they add a few more bullet PAs (perhaps along with other weapon types?), but for now thats what's there...

As for the traps, you can carry a maximum of 10 traps of each type (or stun grenades) and can only have 1 trap (not including stun grenades) out at a time (placing another trap will wipe the previously placed trap). The stun grenade I mention is under the trap section of the tree, you get it after getting poison trap and launch trap.

Mike
Feb 1, 2012, 08:30 PM
Failing a grind just takes it down to a previous grind level, as I understand it. I don't think there are any long-term effects. Haven't actually had it happen yet, though.
The worst thing that can happen is you lose a few grind levels. There are times when you fail a grind and nothing but money and grinders are used up so it's possible to only lose a single grind when the worst possible outcome could be losing two or three grinds.

Fenn777
Feb 1, 2012, 10:46 PM
I can't say anything about hunters at all since I've only played ranger so far, but I can say that rangers do have PAs that go into their "combo palettes". But ranger combo palettes don't really act as combo palettes, rather they act more like the force palette where they're just mouse shortcuts to use their PAs. From what I've seen rangers have 3 right now: some sort of piercing shot, an exploding shot and a rapid fire kind of shot. They have these in addition to the 2 bullet skills from their skill trees: weaken bullet and bind bullet. I certainly do hope they add a few more bullet PAs (perhaps along with other weapon types?), but for now thats what's there...

As for the traps, you can carry a maximum of 10 traps of each type (or stun grenades) and can only have 1 trap (not including stun grenades) out at a time (placing another trap will wipe the previously placed trap). The stun grenade I mention is under the trap section of the tree, you get it after getting poison trap and launch trap.

Awesome. That's really cool, Rangers have far more interesting combat options now! Guns, PAs, AND traps! And Hunters have their PA combos and moves like guard, while Force have techniques. Sounds like there are plenty of playstyles no matter what your class is.

Cayenne
Feb 2, 2012, 02:44 AM
This thread was a lot of help to me last night, thanks.

Miyoko
Feb 2, 2012, 10:07 AM
Good lord the Hunter tree is much bigger than the other two. I ohpe Ranger and Force get more added to it, otherwise I'm starting to worry about hunter favouritism again like in PSP2 :l

cristfc
Feb 3, 2012, 07:38 AM
Haven't seen anything regarding max upgrades yet. If you fail it when its +3 to +6 it goes down a level and +6 to +8 (haven't seen higher), goes down 2.

Good to know that, thx!

Omega-z
Feb 3, 2012, 07:02 PM
Q: How do you get the Abilities to work all the way. I can get as far as adding what I want and it gives the % of the success, everything looks good to go except then extra slot is in red? and the go button is gray'd out. IS there something else I need to do this or I missed something? Thanks in Adv.:)

Alisha
Feb 3, 2012, 07:34 PM
the FO tree looks horrible if you wanted a PSO style fomarl :(

Omega-z
Feb 3, 2012, 10:12 PM
update: I figure'd it out, had the item equip. still and you can't combine different teir's together like an X1 with an X2 which is odd?

Eclipse5632
Feb 4, 2012, 02:55 AM
I edited my explanation of how to add special abilities since I've had a chance to try it out myself.

@Omega-z: I don't think having the weapon equipped should be a problem. As for combining skills, I know I've combined Technique I with Technique I to get Technique II, but I couldn't combine that with another Technique I to get Technique III. Maybe it doesn't go higher than II. I suspect that higher leveled abilities take up more slots or something, because I had a weapon with an ability called "Briada Soul" that I tried to add to a weapon that had Technique II and it would only let me choose one or the other.

Omega-z
Feb 4, 2012, 02:12 PM
Eclipse5632 on the Element Bit it can fail. I did a max grind(Maximum amount of weapons you can add) on one of my weapons and it failed losing out on all of my weapons lol. Having it not equip is a requirement like it has been in the past for grinding and such.

Eclipse5632
Feb 4, 2012, 02:46 PM
I dunno, I'm pretty sure I've grinded weapons that I've had equipped with no problem. I didn't record video of it or anything so I can't prove it now, but oh well. For the element fail, did it say that it had a chance of failing before you did it? I didn't upgrade element much so I can't remember, but it's strange that there's no chance of failure shown in the screenshot when it has them for grinding and ability transfers.

Omega-z
Feb 4, 2012, 05:00 PM
Ele. op. - I believe it was after you hit the go button there was another screen that popped up with the new changes. I tried it with a fire Rod with 3 other fire rod's and it failed. but when I did it again with a wind type with just one other to upgrade it with it was successful, oh that too it wasn't very much like 2% ele. to the weapon. But your right I don't recall seeing one either, could ask it to be added to the game so it can properly display the % rate of success.

Abty. op. - Yeah for some reason it wouldn't let me do it unless I un-equip the weapon/armor. It's the same for PSU for grinding and I believe it was the same for PSO too with the Tink weapons. I could be mistaken but at the same time I tried for about 4 hours to figure it out and it was the only way I could do it. I think it has to do with being able to take away abilities form the main weapon as well to add and needs to be open for it work properly.

SuKKrl
Feb 4, 2012, 09:51 PM
I would like to say thanks to the OP for the info, was very useful.

Also, a bit of feedback about freeze ignition. I got it because it sounded interesting... well it isn't that much. When you get the upgrades done it can deal good damage but you have to wait for something to get frozen, get really near (range is pretty bad) and wait the 2 secs animation, oh and also hope that the enemy doesn't get hit by something else. 60 secs recast doesn't help.

Dinosaur
Feb 4, 2012, 09:55 PM
I would like to say thanks to the OP for the info, was very useful.

Also, a bit of feedback about freeze ignition. I got it because it sounded interesting... well it isn't that much. When you get the upgrades done it can deal good damage but you have to wait for something to get frozen, get really near (range is pretty bad) and wait the 2 secs animation, oh and also hope that the enemy doesn't get hit by something else. 60 secs recast doesn't help.

That sounds kinda whack. I was pretty disappointed by RA traps, too. They are strong but impractical. Stun grenade, on the other hand, is pretty good.

On my FO, I maxed out Photon Flare. +200 Matk when active.

Serephim
Feb 4, 2012, 10:02 PM
The stun grenades are helpful, and the Upper Traps do insane damage to darkers (weak spot on bottom)

I never got to pool points into the traps to see how much damage they do, but i guess they could use a small boost.

Omega-z
Feb 5, 2012, 12:30 AM
SuKKrl I had gotten it as well and notice that right of the bat that it needed to have more increase in the rate of freeze it's pretty powerful when you add in more freeze in and I didn't even max it in power at all.

Eclipse5632, Just had a thought what if you can fail if you go over the cap?

Eclipse5632
Feb 5, 2012, 01:13 AM
Freeze Ignition starts off pitifully weak, but the damage increases insanely as you level it up. It starts out at 100% damage and I think it ends at like 2000% at level 10. I don't know if I ever got a chance to use it while it was maxed out, but at level 8 or something I think I got it to hit for over 1800 damage. But yeah, it doesn't seem very practical. From what I could tell, hitting a frozen enemy seems to break it out of freeze faster, so if you're in a full party enemies are only frozen for like a half second and you can't even get the skill off in that time. Maybe it's more legit when soloing or in small parties? Also, it didn't work on the dragon. =( It might be better if it just passively dealt damage to things when they broke out of freeze.

@Omega-z: I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Could you try to rephrase?

Serephim
Feb 5, 2012, 03:00 AM
Freeze Ignition starts off pitifully weak, but the damage increases insanely as you level it up. It starts out at 100% damage and I think it ends at like 2000% at level 10.

Jesus CHRIST, inb4 OP

i mean jesus i wish i used it now.

i really wanted to test out the different elemental effects, but i never had enough points. Zonde class was lacking, but i saw it had PP reduction on it instead of damage. It's probably going to be a ridiculous nuking element later on lol.

I wonder if they're going to go the "choose your master element" route in this game....

Omega-z
Feb 5, 2012, 09:37 AM
Sorry about that Eclipse5632 with the Elemental Grinding I'm wondering If there's a Cap on it? and was wondering if you can fail if you go over that limit? But yeah adding a % rate of success would be the best.:)

Yeah, Freeze Ignition Rocks if you could get both it and the Freeze rate up to both 10/10 They will stay frozen and being blow up at the same time, doing an AOE Mortal Kombat Fatality Sub-Zero style is like adding Fruit of your choice on a cake "mmm...mmm good".

SuKKrl
Feb 5, 2012, 01:05 PM
Also, it didn't work on the dragon. =(

Forgot about that, was pretty disappointing when nothing happened.

Yeah, Freeze Ignition Rocks if you could get both it and the Freeze rate up to both 10/10 They will stay frozen and being blow up at the same time, doing an AOE Mortal Kombat Fatality Sub-Zero style is like adding Fruit of your choice on a cake "mmm...mmm good".

I could see it getting good when soloing as the damage really gets good once you get it to 4+ (got it to 6 iirc), but even if you raise the freeze rate I can't see it being that good while in a party fight. I like eclipse's idea of passive damage while leaving freeze, would be less of a hassle to use and useful in both situations.

Eclipse5632
Feb 5, 2012, 10:41 PM
Sorry about that Eclipse5632 with the Elemental Grinding I'm wondering If there's a Cap on it? and was wondering if you can fail if you go over that limit?
I believe the max value for an element is 50. You can't go over that. Though, if you're asking if there's a threshold at which upgrading element starts having a chance to fail, I'm not sure.

Mike
Feb 7, 2012, 07:01 AM
The stun grenades are helpful, and the Upper Traps do insane damage to darkers (weak spot on bottom)
Darkers is the overall name for the "dark" creatures that show up. Dagans (I believe) and El Dagans are the once with the weak spot on the bottom. Things like the Gawanda (big shield monster), Briader (bee thing), Bulf (small floating bomb), Beize (large orb with tentacles), and that thing with the weak point on it's back all are Darkers. I don't know if I got these names right, I pulled them all out of memory.

Eclipse5632
Feb 7, 2012, 11:07 AM
Those seem right to me. The only one I don't remember that well is the big shield monster's name, since I didn't see them that often. Other than that, the only difference between the names I had in my mind is Briader -> Briada.

Ranji
Jun 15, 2012, 02:00 PM
Bumping for apparent relevance.

LatinWolf
Jun 15, 2012, 02:04 PM
thanks, this will be a lot of help

buri-chan
Jun 15, 2012, 02:27 PM
Was Guard always so easy looking? I mean, most of them only need one or two previous ranks.

I don't know if I'll ever get around to doing the stat buff skills with all of those cheap and easy specials available.

Randomness
Jun 15, 2012, 02:28 PM
Was Guard always so easy looking? I mean, most of them only need one or two previous ranks.

I don't know if I'll ever get around to doing the stat buff skills with all of those cheap and easy specials available.

Those are outdated trees.

Coatl
Jun 16, 2012, 08:56 PM
This thread being on the front page gives people the impression it's still valid..