PDA

View Full Version : What the heck am I supposed to do in Code Destruction missions?

BahnKnakyu
Feb 1, 2012, 09:14 AM
How do I "win" these? Hitting the tentacles stop them from absorbing the enemies. We know absorbing the enemies cause it to grow, and we lose when it blows up. And it blows up because it absorbed too many enemies.

So how do we damage the thing and "win" it? Is it possible duo? I was trying to duo it with a friend but the tentacles are coming (wow, first time I can say that in a PG related context) at too fast of a rate, we barely have enough time to take one down before another comes back up.

Meanwhile are we expected to keep damaging the thing? Does one guy stay on tentacle killing duty while the other continues to wail at the big blob?

Eclipse5632
Feb 1, 2012, 11:27 AM
You can't directly attack it. The way to win is to just kill the surrounding enemies as fast as possible. The interrupt event lady tells you that it absorbs energy from things around it, so that's how you're supposed to know how to beat it.

Arika
Feb 1, 2012, 12:29 PM
Just attack those tentacle and "it" from distant. keep going. it won't turn bigger at all if it has nothing to feed on. So you can duo and you can take your time all you want.

It absorb energy from enemy much slower than what it can absorb from you, so you don't need to hurry killing the enemy and get yourself in the absorb area. (if you are close to it, no matter u get hit by tentacle or not, he already absorbing your energy)

Serephim
Feb 1, 2012, 12:49 PM
I dont know. It seems like attacking it does seem to do damage...

just smacking tentacles, you'll be doing it all day.

Joe Friday
Feb 1, 2012, 04:10 PM
My party and I were able to destroy it at long range using techs and gunblades. It takes a while, but it works.

uhawww
Feb 1, 2012, 04:12 PM
As said:
-Attack the tentacles that branch out
-Kill the enemies near it

Getting too close and trying to melee it usually winds up getting you severely injured in the process.

therealAERO
Feb 1, 2012, 05:58 PM
Me and my cousin just whaled on it up close last night non stop. I provided healing when needed but I just told him to not stop attacking. Eventually somehow we pulled through.

Mike
Feb 1, 2012, 07:09 PM
If you're a ranger, the One Point PA works wonders on it.

Emmie
Feb 1, 2012, 07:29 PM
Ah so that's what you're suppose to do! I was wondering how to deal with this mission.

Arika
Feb 1, 2012, 10:09 PM
Shooting tentacle will result in damage to both "main body" and the tentacle part at the same time. (they share hp, altho it is not shown) When tentacle is out, you should attack the main body too. (I refer as "it" in the first post)

Always stay at range and it is 100% win.