PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Survey

Eclipse5632
Feb 1, 2012, 06:48 PM
The survey can be found here: http://pso2.jp/alpha2/enquete/

Please fill it out so Sega can get as much feedback on the game as possible and so your voice can be heard. The deadline is February 10th, Japan time, so try to fill it out earlier rather than later. Here are all the questions in English. Let me know if you find any errors or if you think I used too loose of a translation:

Q1: What control scheme did you use most often?
Dropdown Box
a. Keyboard/Mouse
b. Gamepad/Keyboard (some controls were assigned to keyboard)
c. Gamepad/Keyboard (keyboard was only used for chat)

Q2: Please tell us the brand and model of your gamepad.
Dropdown Box
a. I did not use a gamepad
b. Sanwa Supply
c. Logicool
d. Buffalo
e. Elecom
f. Xbox 360 controller
g. Other

Text box: model

Q3: What kind of Internet connection did you use for the test?
Dropdown Box 1
a. ADSL
b. Fiber/FTTH
c. CATV
d. Other

Dropdown Box 2
a. Wired
b. Wireless

Q4: Which of the following titles have you played before?
Checkboxes (starting at the top, left to right)
a. Phantasy Star Portable
b. Phantasy Star Portable 2
c. Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity
d. Phantasy Star Online
e. Phantasy Star Universe
f. Phantasy Star Zero
g. I have not played any of them

Q5: Did you participate in the PSO2 alpha test in August?
Radio Buttons
a. I participated
b. I did not participate

Q6: Rate the following elements of the game from 1 (bad) to 5 (good)
a. Game installation to startup (including the launcher)
b. Title sequence (title to login)
c. Character creation
d. User interface
e. Controls
f. Quests
g. Enemy behavior
h. Game balance
i. Character, field, and enemy graphics
j. Motions
k. Effects
l. Communication
m. My Room
n. My Shop
o. BGM
p. Overall

Q7: After playing the alpha 2 test, what part of the game do you most wish would be improved?
Dropdown Box
a. Improve character actions
b. Increase number of weapons
c. Increase number of weapon categories
d. Increase the number of ways to fight (PAs, skills, etc.)
e. Make the graphics better
f. More options in character creation
g. More enemies
h. More map variations
i. Improved chat functionality
j. Include another growth axis separate from your character (like a pet)
k. More My Room options
l. Improved story/worldview
m. Add more elements that allow many people to play together
n. More options outside of battle
o. PvP

Q8: If we collaborated with some of the services listed below, which do you think you would use?
Checkboxes
a. Facebook
b. mixi
c. Twitter
d. Mobage
e. GREE
f. Ameba Pigg
g. Youtube
h. Nico Nico Douga
i. Other
j. None

Text box: Only use if you checked "Other"

Q9: Which of the following services do you have an account with?
Checkboxes
a. Facebook
b. mixi
c. Twitter
d. Mobage
e. GREE
f. Ameba Pigg
g. Youtube
h. Nico Nico Douga
i. Yahoo! JAPAN ID
j. Livedoor ID
k. Google account (excluding a work account)
l. Other
m. None

Q10: Which of the following online game/portal sites do you use?
Checkboxes
a. Capcom Online Games
b. game中CHU(GameOn)
c. mgame
d. MK-STYLE
e. NEXON
f. play nc
g. Gamania
h. Gungho Games
i. Gamepot
j. Hangame
k. Other
l. None

Q11: What are your three favorite console games?
Just enter them in the three text boxes. You should probably use the game's Japanese name if possible. Wikipedia is useful for this.

Q12: List any online PC games you currently play
Same as above

Q13: What gaming platforms do you own?
Checkboxes
a. PlayStation 3
b. PlayStation Portable
c. PlayStation Vita
d. Wii
e. Nintendo DS
f. Nintendo 3DS
g. Xbox 360
h. Mobile phone (excluding smartphones)
i. Smartphone (iPhone)
j. Smartphone (Android)
k. Smartphone (Windows)
l. Desktop PC
m. Laptop PC
n. Tablet PC (iPad)
o. Tablet PC (Android)
p. Tablet PC (Windows)
q. Other
r. None

Q14: If a PSO2-related game that used your character data came out for another console, what would you want it to be for?
Checkboxes
a. PlayStation 3
b. PlayStation Portable
c. PlayStation Vita
d. Wii
e. Nintendo DS
f. Nintendo 3DS
g. Xbox 360
h. Mobile phone (excluding smartphones)
i. Smartphone (iPhone)
j. Smartphone (Android)
k. Smartphone (Windows)
l. Desktop PC
m. Laptop PC
n. Tablet PC (iPad)
o. Tablet PC (Android)
p. Tablet PC (Windows)
q. Other
r. None

Q15: Were you able play the game normally during the test?
Dropdown Box
a. The game started up normally and I played with other people.
b. The game started up normally but I only played by myself.
c. I downloaded the client but was unable to start the game.
d. I was unable to download the client.

Q16: Send a brief comment to the development team. (max 1000 characters)
Either leave this blank, or if you have something short you want to say post it here and I'll try to translate it. If you want, you can also use this pre-written statement in Japanese:

PSO2をとても楽しみにしています。世界中にファンタシースターのファンがいるので、正式版にグロー バル サーバーがあるといいです。制作頑張って下さい!
Roughly translated it's "I'm really looking forward to PSO2. There are Phantasy Star fans all over the world, so I hope there are global servers in the full release. Keep up the good work!"

When you're done, click the left button, then on the next screen click the left button again.

Blueblur
Feb 1, 2012, 07:13 PM
Thank you posting this.

Forever Zero
Feb 1, 2012, 07:17 PM
Survey sent. Thanks for the translation!

Poubelle
Feb 1, 2012, 07:23 PM
thank you :)

SELENNA
Feb 1, 2012, 07:25 PM
Survey sent. Thanks for the translation!

In English?

Emmie
Feb 1, 2012, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the translation!

Tyreek
Feb 1, 2012, 08:43 PM
I didn't trust adding anything in English so I converted it for the sake of converting. I mentioned Steam for services they can collaborate with. The game would do well there.

ThePendragon
Feb 1, 2012, 08:43 PM
They ask about other platforms. Hmm . . .

uhawww
Feb 1, 2012, 08:45 PM
b. Light [fiber optics? I'm not actually sure what this means...]

Yes, Fiber/FTTH connections

also a correction, Q12 is specifically asking about PC Online games.

Serephim
Feb 1, 2012, 09:19 PM
Everyone put "SUPPORT US RELEASE" in comments for great justice.

They should not ban you for speaking english. That is absolutely absurd.

Mike
Feb 1, 2012, 09:30 PM
They should not ban you for speaking english. That is absolutely absurd.
The official reason for you getting banned would likely not be "speaking English," which isn't against the TOS, but "not connecting from a Japanese IP," which is (or living in the country in the case of the alpha).

I wonder what begging for an English release on this survey will do. It's probably more effective than Facebook or Twitter.

Eclipse5632
Feb 1, 2012, 09:32 PM
Yes, Fiber/FTTH connections
Okay, thanks.

also a correction, Q12 is specifically asking about PC Online games.

Q12: List any online PC games you currently play
Am I missing something here?

Mike
Feb 1, 2012, 09:35 PM
Question 11 is actually asking about your three favorite console games.

Eclipse5632
Feb 1, 2012, 09:36 PM
Question 11 is actually asking about your three favorite console games.
Thank you. I didn't know that コンシューマーゲーム referred to console games.

NoiseHERO
Feb 1, 2012, 09:44 PM
PSO2 AND TUMBLR COLLAB!

Crystal_Shard
Feb 1, 2012, 10:10 PM
Thank you. I didn't know that コンシューマーゲーム referred to console games.

That actually reads consumer games, btw.

Just a suggestion, but perhaps someone can post (and get the OP to put it into the first post), a short message in Japanese simply stating "Please release the game internationally with linked servers." and maybe a another message basically telling the dev team good job and keep it up? Something that can be just copied and pasted.

NoiseHERO
Feb 1, 2012, 10:13 PM
spam to improve the character creation!

Everythings perfect! till you reach the outfit choices, colors, and hairstyles! D<

Then ask for more weapon categories! So we can get fist weapons!

YEAH

Mike
Feb 1, 2012, 10:48 PM
It does read "consumer" but it refers to console games as opposed to arcade games (Wikipedia (http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%B3%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%8 3%9E%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B2%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A0))

Eclipse5632
Feb 1, 2012, 11:40 PM
That actually reads consumer games, btw.
I can read katakana, thank you. ^^
I was explaining that I wasn't aware of the nuance that the word "consumer game" in Japanese refers to console games as opposed to PC games.

As for your suggestion, I would be willing to put a message like that in the OP. I'm not the best at English>Japanese, but I guess I could give it a stab. I'm just gonna throw this out there and then hopefully the other Japanese-speakers on this site can give me some input on how to make it better. Even if you want to rewrite it completely that's fine by me. Just trying to brainstorm.

PSO2をとても楽しみにしています。世界中にファンタシースターのファンがいるので、正式版にグローバル サーバーがあるといいです。制作頑張って下さい!

Roughly translated it's "I'm really looking forward to PSO2. There are Phantasy Star fans all over the world, so I hope there are global servers in the full release. Keep up the good work!" Any suggestions?

soulpimpwizzurd
Feb 2, 2012, 12:07 AM
Roughly translated it's "I'm really looking forward to PSO2. There are Phantasy Star fans all over the world, so I hope there are global servers in the full release. Keep up the good work!" Any suggestions?

i think it sounds good enough, i'd add in the note about linked servers or something someone mentioned earlier. it confuses me as to why they don't just ff11 it up, didn't japanese and english players play on the same server, and japanese was auto corrected into english? referring to this in the message would be good too. i kinda feel like if you talk about how even this kind of form of playing is okay (linked servers, japanese players are auto translated into english and same vice versa), it shows the amount of desire you have to play the game.

global servers seem like a stretch and a lot of work- letting them know a good amount of us would even bear with playing on linked servers or just on the japanese servers with an english interface so we can play pso2 would show them how badly we want pso2.

Crystal_Shard
Feb 2, 2012, 01:14 AM
I can read katakana, thank you. ^^ I was explaining that I wasn't aware of the nuance that the word "consumer game" in Japanese refers to console games as opposed to PC games.

Whoops. Sorry, misread the intention. Hope I didn't offend.

Any suggestions?

Seems good enough I think. I was simply thinking that having something available that can be quickly cut and pasted would be a good idea for the Alpha testers that can't write in Japanese, and also having the same message pop up many times would certainly emphasize the point further to Sega and Sakai's team.

Cayenne
Feb 2, 2012, 02:20 AM
My list of fav console games:

スーパーメトロイド
メタルギアソリッド
ファイナルファンタジーVII

I also suggested to add more aggressive enemies and more weapons. The rest of the game is fine.

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Feb 2, 2012, 02:23 AM
Just a suggestion, but perhaps someone can post (and get the OP to put it into the first post), a short message in Japanese simply stating "Please release the game internationally with linked servers." and maybe a another message basically telling the dev team good job and keep it up? Something that can be just copied and pasted.

I second this idea. I think it's also safe to mention that international gameplay with people around the world has been at least part of the spirit of PSO, or at least, it says in this Phantasy Star Online commercial...
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://youtu.be/O72LDkQRSXI
[/SPOILER-BOX]

therealAERO
Feb 3, 2012, 12:55 AM
I made sure to put Phantasy Star Online Episode 3(so they can feel at least some people liked it :( )

Eclipse5632
Feb 3, 2012, 11:23 AM
Forgot to add that the deadline is February 10th, so send it in if you haven't done so yet.

Slidikins
Feb 3, 2012, 12:14 PM
I made sure to put Phantasy Star Online Episode 3(so they can feel at least some people liked it :( )I love that game. I just wish there were more people to play with.

Worship
Feb 3, 2012, 12:24 PM
Is this survey for Alpha testers only?

Cayenne
Feb 3, 2012, 12:42 PM
^You need an Alpha 2 account to sign in to actually get to it if that gives you a hint.

Worship
Feb 3, 2012, 12:55 PM
^You need an Alpha 2 account to sign in to actually get to it if that gives you a hint.

Gotcha, thanks. I was trying to log in with what I thought was my sega ID.. Any chance to voice feedback is worth the effort. Like adding support US release, as Serephim mentioned.

Fayorei
Feb 3, 2012, 03:17 PM
I filled it out honestly(though I wish in the "what do you want most changed in PSO2" section it had more than 1 option, maybe a priority of 3?) I selected another axis of character growth. Wanted to show all the support for mags that I can. And, I also wanted to select more character design options(hair, and more). The cast creation in PSO2 in comparison to Human and Newman needs improved in my opinion. I'd like to see some PSO-style cast-like faces and body types, instead of what looks solely like Infinity-style, heh. I like it, but that PSO feel of Casts isn't hitting me.

I also went ahead and added the small bit about wanting the global servers from the thread. It was a great idea to post that. I know some Japanese, but I fear my skills to say something like that succinctly and well aren't there yet!

voxie
Feb 6, 2012, 07:37 PM
I can read katakana, thank you. ^^
I was explaining that I wasn't aware of the nuance that the word "consumer game" in Japanese refers to console games as opposed to PC games.

As for your suggestion, I would be willing to put a message like that in the OP. I'm not the best at English>Japanese, but I guess I could give it a stab. I'm just gonna throw this out there and then hopefully the other Japanese-speakers on this site can give me some input on how to make it better. Even if you want to rewrite it completely that's fine by me. Just trying to brainstorm.

PSO2をとても楽しみにしています。世界中にファンタシースターのファンがいるので、正式版にグローバル サーバーがあるといいです。制作頑張って下さい!

Awesome, thanks for this - Added to comments!

Thank you also for the translation, wouldn't have been able to complete it without you. Plus, all this is going towards a better PSO2! It's alllll lurrrrve! :D

krux
Feb 7, 2012, 03:29 AM
If you can, Could you make the game more beautiful. Like In episode 2 on the Temple when you looked out over the sea and could see the ocean floor with the soft music in the background or On the Seabeds how you could see your reflection in the windows with the haunting music playing. Thank you

soulpimpwizzurd
Feb 7, 2012, 03:35 AM
If you can, Could you make the game more beautiful. Like In episode 2 on the Temple when you looked out over the sea and could see the ocean floor with the soft music in the background or On the Seabeds how you could see your reflection in the windows with the haunting music playing. Thank you

episode 2 was indeed very beautiful...

i really liked the forest jungle beach oh man...

krux
Feb 7, 2012, 03:49 AM
I love the jungle..Pso2 being good means soo much to me!

SELENNA
Feb 7, 2012, 09:44 AM
Yea someone already offered feedback for key locations in randomly generated maps, such as the waterfall in PSO Caves. I sure hope we will see more interesting environments like Central Control Area. IMO the city stuff we saw in some trailers didn't look that hot. I wonder how many stages they planned and if we will have to wait for an expansion to get the best ones (sure hope not). I mean we've only seen forest and caves, got a glimpse of some ruins/city.