PDA

View Full Version : questions mainly on third person mode

soulpimpwizzurd
Feb 1, 2012, 10:55 PM
Hey all, this is a pretty nice forum, I like it.

Anyway, I just have some questions to those that are playing the alpha test about third person mode.

Can hunters using melee weapons like greatsword aim in third person mode? That would be pretty boss. I'd have more fun aiming using third person mode than that kinda static free cam mode where you lock on to monsters and then attack. Hopefully you can go into third person mode and play whenever you want, disregarding what weapon you have equipped.

Also, has anyone found mouse sensitivity on third person mode yet? i've gotten some people saying it's way too high which makes it difficult to aim in TPS mode.

Dinosaur
Feb 1, 2012, 11:11 PM
Can hunters using melee weapons like greatsword aim in third person mode? That would be pretty boss. I'd have more fun aiming using third person mode than that kinda static free cam mode where you lock on to monsters and then attack. Hopefully you can go into third person mode and play whenever you want, disregarding what weapon you have equipped.

You can go TPS mode with every weapon. It is simply a control mode changed by pressing Z or R3. However, you can only move the camera about 20 degrees away from the direction you attacked. IMO, this is a huge flaw for melee combat as you need to be aware of your full surroundings.

Also, has anyone found mouse sensitivity on third person mode yet? i've gotten some people saying it's way too high which makes it difficult to aim in TPS mode.

I haven't found it, but I don't see why it wouldn't be there in the final game. With that said, I found the aiming to be perfectly fine. Sensitivity is a preference.

Cayenne
Feb 2, 2012, 02:32 AM
Can hunters using melee weapons like greatsword aim in third person mode?
You can TPS whenever you want with whatever class you want, weapon or no weapon. It's a universal option.

If you have a crappy mouse then you will have crappy aiming. This is all based on the user's aiming skill and equipment.

Next question...

soulpimpwizzurd
Feb 2, 2012, 06:53 AM
"Also, has anyone found mouse sensitivity on third person mode yet?"

question still stands

Cayenne
Feb 2, 2012, 08:56 AM
If your question isn't answered by the next test then I'll check the mouse settings when I get back on.

youcantcatchtheblue
Feb 2, 2012, 10:38 AM
Why can't you just change your mouse sensitivity in Windows???

That's what I did....

is there some super secret benefit to having in-game sensitivity options?

Polantaris
Feb 2, 2012, 11:34 AM
Why can't you just change your mouse sensitivity in Windows???

That's what I did....

is there some super secret benefit to having in-game sensitivity options?

The only thing I can think of is if you don't want to screw with the setting in Windows as a whole, but don't find it sufficient in PSO2 in particular. No reason to screw up all of your mouse settings for one game.

Overall, the application customization seems to be lacking (When dealing with hardware/specs and what not). It's highly likely this is a low priority thing, and will be changed by the time the game is released...however don't be surprised when a specific setting you want is currently not present. What's more important, fixing game breaking glitches, crashes, and server breakdowns...or that special mouse sensitivity option? Easily the former.

Cayenne
Feb 2, 2012, 11:47 AM
Sounds like nit picking to me but whatever, I'll still check.

Miyoko
Feb 2, 2012, 03:56 PM
For frequent FPS players, mouse sensitivity can be of great importance. Since they're clearly putting a lot of emphasis on TPS mode, those of us whom like precision aiming will need sensitivity options to fine tune the controls to our liking. I for example am quite good at FPS games, but I play with my sensitivity very low. If I play with my sensitivity on a very high setting, I go from "Sniper" to "Quadriplegic". If I'm doing the former, I'm having fun; if it's the latter, I'm just getting frustrated. Remember, this IS a game, it IS about having fun... :p

BioWarrior
Feb 2, 2012, 04:20 PM
The only thing I can think of is if you don't want to screw with the setting in Windows as a whole, but don't find it sufficient in PSO2 in particular. No reason to screw up all of your mouse settings for one game.

Overall, the application customization seems to be lacking (When dealing with hardware/specs and what not). It's highly likely this is a low priority thing, and will be changed by the time the game is released...however don't be surprised when a specific setting you want is currently not present. What's more important, fixing game breaking glitches, crashes, and server breakdowns...or that special mouse sensitivity option? Easily the former.

Some mouse also have a sensitivity button on them too so you don't need to adjust settings for 1 game.

soulpimpwizzurd
Feb 2, 2012, 05:31 PM
For frequent FPS players, mouse sensitivity can be of great importance. Since they're clearly putting a lot of emphasis on TPS mode, those of us whom like precision aiming will need sensitivity options to fine tune the controls to our liking. I for example am quite good at FPS games, but I play with my sensitivity very low. If I play with my sensitivity on a very high setting, I go from "Sniper" to "Quadriplegic". If I'm doing the former, I'm having fun; if it's the latter, I'm just getting frustrated. Remember, this IS a game, it IS about having fun... :p

pretty much this

despite your sass i will be thankful nonetheless if you verify the existence or lack of a sensitivity adjustment bar cayenne pepper

you are just like cayenne pepper a little spicy but still nice.

m....moe

Cayenne
Feb 2, 2012, 09:31 PM
This made me laugh a bit hehe.

Serephim
Feb 2, 2012, 09:39 PM
I can't see anyone actually needing to up the sensitivity for this game. You deal damage in numbers lol

Cayenne
Feb 3, 2012, 01:19 AM
Nope, no slider. Just action configs.