PDA

View Full Version : Something I am dying to know!!

DoubleCannon
Feb 1, 2012, 11:34 PM
Ok so question about character creation... Is it possible to change the color of the skin on a HuMar i believe it would be.. human non cast male type lol. And when I say change color i mean not contrast from black to white and pink in between lol.. I mean something of a Green color. I ask this because I have the most badass Character from a very fav TV show I would like to make. However I have no idea if it is possible to do this. So if anyone can please let me know thank you :)

NoiseHERO
Feb 1, 2012, 11:39 PM
Can you make humans look like beastboy?

No I don't think so, you can tell just from watching videos. D:

It bugs me that I've yet to see blue or green skinned casts though. Nobody saw insterstella 5555?

Angelo
Feb 1, 2012, 11:39 PM
Ok so question about character creation... Is it possible to change the color of the skin on a HuMar i believe it would be.. human non cast male type lol. And when I say change color i mean not contrast from black to white and pink in between lol.. I mean something of a Green color. I ask this because I have the most badass Character from a very fav TV show I would like to make. However I have no idea if it is possible to do this. So if anyone can please let me know thank you :)

I don't believe so.

On Humans and Newmans I could only really do pale, and then go up to darker olive, or down to darker ruddy.

I did make a green skinned cast near the end of my livestream playthrough last week though:

http://www.livestream.com/happysquid/video?clipId=pla_ef8fac81-89ae-4aca-ac54-2d135d5716fa&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

The Cast skin color palette is at 1:38:00

The Human/Newman one is at 22:25

Eclipse5632
Feb 1, 2012, 11:43 PM
You only get full skin color control on casts iirc.

NoiseHERO
Feb 1, 2012, 11:48 PM
I don't believe so.

On Humans and Newmans I could only really do pale, and then go up to darker olive, or down to darker ruddy.

I did make a green skinned cast near the end of my livestream playthrough last week though:

http://www.livestream.com/happysquid/video?clipId=pla_ef8fac81-89ae-4aca-ac54-2d135d5716fa&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

The Cast skin color palette is at 1:38:00

The Human/Newman one is at 22:25

Wow that kid looks freaking awesome.

DoubleCannon
Feb 2, 2012, 12:13 AM
ok ok.. NO ONE STEAL THIS IDEA! I mean after game actually launches in US / Canada and it better dam come here! lol But I want to make Enzo Matrix from Reboot! and If I have to go HuCast or something I just hope I can make it look humanish as much as I can. honestly it would be my dream character lol. infact if someone could atempt to make this on next alpha date you dont have to like save it or anything but make it and do a screenshot!! omg that would be amazing. WHO DOES NOT KNOW REBOOT honestly lol

NoiseHERO
Feb 2, 2012, 12:14 AM
LOOOOOOOOL

"BOB!"

That kid did glomps before it was cool.

AzureBlaze
Feb 2, 2012, 12:45 AM
Yes, I do think you could get a really decent Enzo skin color on cast.
There's not quite the hairstyle for him, nor are there caps though (young Enzo, at least) but that'll probably change as they add more stuff. Eye color can def. be set to purple with white-whites (Their only other choice is gray eyewhites, which is meh..) You'd need the saturation all the way up though on everything I imagine.

You can meddle with the face until it's sufficiently 'child styled' or even go with adult Enzo, and give the patch with the scar if you prefer.

Your problem is going to be the body if they don't dump LOADS of options onto us in the final game.

As you've prob seen every cast is now super mechanical, with exposed joints everywhere/footlessness or looking like a pile of boxes exploded. As a cast from all the way back on DCPSO, I've not yet been satisfied with the amount of options in pso2. Super-hopefully they just release "PSO Clone" parts & clothing for everyone down the line. Because otherwise it'll look like you taped Enzo's head onto a contraption.

Anyone who had the plastic face on PSU can likely recreate their exact look here.
Anyone with a metal face ESPECIALLY the ladies will be very upset (until we get more heads)

I sorta-successfully got the 'corpse blue-white' skin & yellow eyes for Jet from PSU.
I've seen some great female casts too, really striking with ebony black skin & bright green plate, or vivid navy skin with white armor. Opening up the whole rainbow to cast skin colors was def. the right move.

Eclipse5632
Feb 2, 2012, 12:49 AM
I'll be okay with this amount of starting outfits/parts as long as there are a lot more available in a shop or whatever. I don't know why there isn't a color slider for clothes, though, or why you can only change one color. I hope they change that.

NoiseHERO
Feb 2, 2012, 01:01 AM
Yes, I do think you could get a really decent Enzo skin color on cast.
There's not quite the hairstyle for him, nor are there caps though (young Enzo, at least) but that'll probably change as they add more stuff. Eye color can def. be set to purple with white-whites (Their only other choice is gray eyewhites, which is meh..) You'd need the saturation all the way up though on everything I imagine.

You can meddle with the face until it's sufficiently 'child styled' or even go with adult Enzo, and give the patch with the scar if you prefer.

Your problem is going to be the body if they don't dump LOADS of options onto us in the final game.

As you've prob seen every cast is now super mechanical, with exposed joints everywhere/footlessness or looking like a pile of boxes exploded. As a cast from all the way back on DCPSO, I've not yet been satisfied with the amount of options in pso2. Super-hopefully they just release "PSO Clone" parts & clothing for everyone down the line. Because otherwise it'll look like you taped Enzo's head onto a contraption.

Anyone who had the plastic face on PSU can likely recreate their exact look here.
Anyone with a metal face ESPECIALLY the ladies will be very upset (until we get more heads)

I sorta-successfully got the 'corpse blue-white' skin & yellow eyes for Jet from PSU.
I've seen some great female casts too, really striking with ebony black skin & bright green plate, or vivid navy skin with white armor. Opening up the whole rainbow to cast skin colors was def. the right move.

This, I would like more human-shaped CAST parts.

Instead of transformed blocks.

mechanical dragon samurai inverted legs with evangelion anatomy.

Or Jet loli bodies.

Like those should be the things they make 2nd, not the things they try to sell with! D:

Where my hounds set! Or my power ranger get up! Or my Kireek throwback!

What if my character's a cyborg and not a giant legoman with human head glued to the top of it!?

Cayenne
Feb 2, 2012, 01:12 AM
Wow, I never knew how much people cared about character creation.

I only see it as putting on a different shirt just so friends can tell me apart from the rest. Hell my first character I made was the default HUmar. Im here for the gameplay but that's just me.

NoiseHERO
Feb 2, 2012, 01:31 AM
Wow, I never knew how much people cared about character creation.

I only see it as putting on a different shirt just so friends can tell me apart from the rest. Hell my first character I made was the default HUmar. Im here for the gameplay but that's just me.

It's pretty much 50% of what made PSU bearable. Then you can even say that for it's time PSO's character creation wasn't that bad either (in terms of being about to morph your characters body shape at least.)

You can do so much with this game's character creation yet it comes to a halt once you hit those hair style choices, and not even the clothing choices, but simply being able to change more colors on more parts of the clothing would even make a bigger difference.

Which is why I keep nagging that it's " "this close" to perfect!"

Cayenne
Feb 2, 2012, 02:38 AM
I hated PSU's character art style. I thought PSP2i's character and outfits were good though.

Still I just like changing the color of outfits. My FOcaseal had the same parts and everything. I just gave her purple strips with purple hair and eyes. Nothing else was done to it.

Angelo
Feb 2, 2012, 04:49 AM
The whole reason I even starting looking into PSO was because I saw the character creator at E3.

It's sort of a big appeal.

soulpimpwizzurd
Feb 2, 2012, 07:10 AM
It's pretty much 50% of what made PSU bearable. Then you can even say that for it's time PSO's character creation wasn't that bad either (in terms of being about to morph your characters body shape at least.)

You can do so much with this game's character creation yet it comes to a halt once you hit those hair style choices, and not even the clothing choices, but simply being able to change more colors on more parts of the clothing would even make a bigger difference.

Which is why I keep nagging that it's " "this close" to perfect!"

i agree with this. in terms of physical modification of your character pso2 is probably the best i've seen. but hairstyle and clothing..

doop, not doing so hot. i'm gonna take a guess and say it -could- be related to clipping issues. sakai seems like an annoying perfectionist in a sense, and when you mix+match clothes like most would probably prefer to do (mix+match shoes/pants/jackets/gloves/etc) clipping issues arise.

like, you could mixmatch all armor pieces (helmet chest pants gloves boots) but if you wear pants that are big and poofy and they rise higher than your chest armor's bottom, the big poofy pants might cilp or kinda phase through the chest armor and it'll look funny. and although i'm sure most wouldn't mind this, in sakai's eyes it'd probably a blight on his striving for perfect creation that is pso2.

i don't know how they'd make the hair easily customizable, however simply being able to adjust certain things like bang length or general hair length on already preset hairstyles would be a pretty good step imo. although i really don't know how difficult implementing that exactly may be, even if i think it seems simple enough.

raigalcc
Feb 2, 2012, 07:42 AM
i agree with this. in terms of physical modification of your character pso2 is probably the best i've seen. but hairstyle and clothing..

doop, not doing so hot. i'm gonna take a guess and say it -could- be related to clipping issues. sakai seems like an annoying perfectionist in a sense, and when you mix+match clothes like most would probably prefer to do (mix+match shoes/pants/jackets/gloves/etc) clipping issues arise.

like, you could mixmatch all armor pieces (helmet chest pants gloves boots) but if you wear pants that are big and poofy and they rise higher than your chest armor's bottom, the big poofy pants might cilp or kinda phase through the chest armor and it'll look funny. and although i'm sure most wouldn't mind this, in sakai's eyes it'd probably a blight on his striving for perfect creation that is pso2.

i don't know how they'd make the hair easily customizable, however simply being able to adjust certain things like bang length or general hair length on already preset hairstyles would be a pretty good step imo. although i really don't know how difficult implementing that exactly may be, even if i think it seems simple enough.
about the hair, how about change to somethin like can customize different part of the hair? like can change the back part from normal short to long hair or add a pony tail: while the side can be customize into sideburns and etc

DoubleCannon
Feb 2, 2012, 09:23 AM
haha I totally forgot to add I want to make the Adult enzo matrix!! not the kid form haha. the adult is the badass guy and is my fav right with bob and ofcourse megabyte and all. But think make the adult version.. go around with a gun.. lmao seriously would be the best. I will just have to try my best whenever I get that chance.. but hey if anyone wants to give this a shot please do so and take a screenshot for me :D

Zyrusticae
Feb 2, 2012, 02:07 PM
A lot of people play these kinds of games for escapism. This includes, y'know, being someone completely different from what you are IRL. So, yeah, a lot of folks have customization high on their list of priorities.

Is it so surprising? Hm.

Serephim
Feb 2, 2012, 02:16 PM
I was under the assumption people were just playing this game for...it being a fun game.

The creator is worlds above the old ones, but still feels somewhat limited in creating characters that don't look exclusively japanse or very 30s - mid 40s (awkward) african. I think it's mostly the lack of nose choices.

The hair options are probably due to them being physics handled now. But can't be sure.

Clothing options, i don't know. I doubt being able to control anatomy has much to do with it, and i think it's more along the lines of the game changing alot from what they had originally planned. Originally we were obviously supposed to choose an outfit (PSO), slightly modify it (PSU), and then use our UNITS and stuff to alter our look.

I personally dig the hellll out of my Humar + Units. I think it looks pretty awesome. But people have gotten used to all the crap PSP2i allowed to slide into the game, so now they might have to find a middleground.

on the PSO2 Forum there's a topic where the devs pretty much talk about how all that collaboration shit in PSP2i kind of stunted the original feel of the game, and asks the opinions of the players. People should go look into that. I agree with them -- on one hand you gain alot of freedom, but on the other you lose all real originality and ability to mold your game world into a believable environment. It becomes harder to look at a screenshot and elicit a solid observation of the game when you have one guy with armor, another guy in a soul reaper outfit, a chick in a bathing suit and another in some freaky otaku cosplay cat costume. While i think we should definitely have more options on specific outfit choices (like how PSO could alter a texture and make the outfit look different), i dont think i'll ever mind if we dont end up like PSU did. It really just isn't that important to me.

There's a difference between being able to make your character and connect with it, and then being able to make your character...who hails from some other random dimension in your head that operates in a world DIFFERENT from that of Phantasy Star Online, where you fight battles with vicious extraterrestrials in bathing suits or mall fashion garments. The developers should give us freedom to be happy with our character, but they shouldn't bend it so much that they bend the game itself.

Zyrusticae
Feb 2, 2012, 02:29 PM
The hair options can be explained away the same way you can explain the lack of weapon choices - it's not done yet. It really is that simple.

Serephim
Feb 2, 2012, 02:32 PM
Well you can use that explanation for everything

NoiseHERO
Feb 2, 2012, 02:51 PM
Serephim that issue has gone on in THESE forums for a while now, and I'm kind of over it.

But that doesn't mean we couldn't use an extra 30 hairstyles... *cough*

At this point I don't care anymore, I'd be happy just being able to make an all white humar outfit, like my character in PSO had. I can already tell that if we get anytthing CLOSE to a leather jacket and a pair of pants with some high-tops or whatever, it'd be based off of some other character/NPC where we get to unlock their costume or something...

But it's kind of a smack in the face to be able to make lightning from final fantasy 13 all the way to Niko Bellix from GTA 4. But I'm stuck in some deformed space outfit where I'm only allowed to change the color of the chest area...

Also where's the afros!? How do you go into the future, or space in general without afros?!

Kent
Feb 2, 2012, 09:42 PM
It's true: You can't have space without afros.

Maybe with a baby Rappy chick that nests in them. :wacko:

Serephim
Feb 2, 2012, 09:42 PM
I...don't know.

There's also a terrible shortage of short hairstyles and SHORT HAIR.

All black people don't have doo-doo rolls guys

DoubleCannon
Feb 2, 2012, 11:31 PM
All i hope is that i can create an adult enzo and i am golden lol