PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Maintenance 2/4

youcantcatchtheblue
Feb 3, 2012, 10:03 PM
Servers down until 1pm Japan time (8PM pacific)

playtime extended for 1 hour

Fangless
Feb 3, 2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the update!

SuKKrl
Feb 3, 2012, 10:06 PM
Looks like the cause this time is a problem with the annoucer (again) and my room.

BahnKnakyu
Feb 3, 2012, 10:09 PM
Looks like the cause this time is a problem with the annoucer (again) and my room.

I think the announcer hasn't been working even when they did that emergency maint the other day.

Kinda strange though - there were TONS of announcements the first day and it worked like a charm.

Wonder what broke the rooms though.

funkyskunk
Feb 3, 2012, 10:09 PM
power nap time for us euro's then. Thanks for the info

Yamishi
Feb 3, 2012, 10:13 PM
Aw man, worst timing ever.

If anyone fluent in Japanese could shed additional light on the issue, it'd be much appreciated!

SuKKrl
Feb 3, 2012, 10:22 PM
I think the announcer hasn't been working even when they did that emergency maint the other day.

Kinda strange though - there were TONS of announcements the first day and it worked like a charm.

Wonder what broke the rooms though.

True, now that I've stopped to think about it, I haven't actually seen it since early in the second day.

Serephim
Feb 3, 2012, 10:23 PM
Son. Of a bitch.

Polantaris
Feb 3, 2012, 10:27 PM
The rooms have been broken for a while too. Most of their announcements were about how you could crash/disconnect by doing certain things in your room. At one point I believe one of the announcements said that if you entered your room, then while you were there your block filled up, you couldn't leave your room.

So yeah, they've had a ton of bugs for Rooms since this started.

And yeah...I haven't seen an announcement since the first day myself. I suspect they never fixed it during that original maintenance in the first place(Which then begs the question...what did they do to it to break it that badly?).

ShadowDragon28
Feb 3, 2012, 10:32 PM
That's how things go. Glitches and bugs crop up. This *is* the "second alpha" after all, and that's the whole point of this, to find all those bugs so Sakai's team can deal with fixing them. Not everything is going to be fixed and still bugs will crop up.

They fixed the game pad issue, but then announcer system now has a major bug, hey it happens.

I used to attempt to make websites in note pad with straight Html, then upload it, then I'd view in two different browsers, and would have to go back into the html code to fix all sorts of things because things were not working, or looking right. It was a nightmare. So *I* know OF the sort of shit Programmers deal with. I couldn't begin to deal with major Programming languages.... LOL. yikes.

Polantaris
Feb 3, 2012, 10:53 PM
I was never saying that I didn't understand the point of an alpha, nor was I complaining about the issues themselves. I was stating what had been happening over the entire Alpha since people didn't seem to know, and I had been keeping an eye on all their announcements.