PDA

View Full Version : Item Lab will reduce the amount of junk items?

Fenn777
Feb 4, 2012, 09:37 PM
The blog updated again, this time with info on the Item Lab: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-alpha-test-2-item-lab-weapon-grinding-and-abilities/

Some of the language is vague, but what was made clear is that attribute and ability grinding will require other weapons as part of the upgrade process. And I think this is a fantastic idea. Items that we used to sell for meseta because they weren't worth using or trading are now a resource of sorts to be used in grinding. These weapons become more tradeable since someone might buy them for their attribute or ability grinding potential, and add to the value of individual free play sessions through areas. Even if you don't grab that ultra rare weapon you wanted, you might end up with a few good ability items along with the grinders, photon drops, and other goodies.

Dinosaur
Feb 4, 2012, 09:46 PM
The system works great in conjunction with the game flow. I also think it's great that there's such a large influence on weapon customization. With that said, there will always be junk items, but I don't mind after picking up my 1000th Varista ten years ago.

Everything about this game is simple on the outside but pretty deep once you dive into it.

SELENNA
Feb 4, 2012, 10:01 PM
The idea is pretty old actually, just glad they're now adding it to more games such as PSO 2.

Caerik
Feb 4, 2012, 10:02 PM
That is music to my ears. It will make more use out of what you're collecting items. Can't wait for further details on the process.

Randomness
Feb 4, 2012, 10:16 PM
The system works great in conjunction with the game flow. I also think it's great that there's such a large influence on weapon customization. With that said, there will always be junk items, but I don't mind after picking up my 1000th Varista ten years ago.

Everything about this game is simple on the outside but pretty deep once you dive into it.

That's the best kind of system, imo. Easy to use, with more potential for people who pursue it.

Also, whether anything is junk depends on how the weapon stuff work. In PSU, any weapon could at least be used as food... (except that it was always so much easier to use other stuff)

moorebounce
Feb 4, 2012, 10:41 PM
If the blog is in english why don't they translate the pics too? That would help us to understand it a little better.

WBMike
Feb 5, 2012, 10:22 AM
If the blog is in english why don't they translate the pics too? That would help us to understand it a little better.

Lost everything in a HD crash, and I don't have graphics editing program at the moment.

I just realized today the failure values are different, which I guess it's based on rarity. When the Japanese person blogged about it, I saw his drop values were different from the wiki's. So it could be his units were of lower rarity, and his weapon was of higher rarity.

I'm going to have to wait until the open beta to know what each grind value drops to.