PDA

View Full Version : How's PP work?

Aiex
Feb 5, 2012, 10:25 AM
So I watched some videos and noticed that just about every class has about 100 PP regardless of level. Are fluids in the game? Do you just have to let it recharge?

What are your impressions of the new system? How well does it suit each class?

youcantcatchtheblue
Feb 5, 2012, 10:32 AM
Hmm, I just noticed the 100 PP thing regardless of level now that you mentioned it.

But to answer your question. You equip "Units" to raise your stats, some units will have PP boosts presumably. Then in your skill tree you can also choose to upgrade your PP stats there (at least for Force).

Since PP regenerates super fast, I guess the devs wanted to keep usage consistent across all levels. Makes sense!

Fangless
Feb 5, 2012, 11:06 AM
Also worth mentioning, any time you do physical damage with your normal attacks, it boosts your PP even faster. So, if you find you're running low, just land a few normal attacks and you're good to go.

Zaix
Feb 5, 2012, 03:14 PM
Just attacks (timed attacks) gain even more PP. also there were units in the alpha that added PP. I had 110 on my ranger by the end.

Dinosaur
Feb 5, 2012, 04:23 PM
- PP regenerates at 10 PP per 3 seconds.
- Standards attacks return 5 PP while "Just" standard attacks return 10 PP.
- If your standard attack hits multiple enemies, you are rewarded PP for each enemy hit.
- PAs and tech PP cost vary. So far, the costs have ranged from 20 to 40.

Serephim
Feb 5, 2012, 05:04 PM
PP costs on Forces seemed pretty overwhelming at times.

Until i got the PP Charge skill that charges PP even while charging techniques. Then i realized my firepower reserves were expanded pretty drastically.

Aiex
Feb 5, 2012, 09:16 PM
PP costs on Forces seemed pretty overwhelming at times.

That's the impression I got from the videos. It looks like forces can use about 5 or 6 techs before they have to take a break.

Practically, it seems like hunters actually have the most PP because they're constantly rebuilding it from their melee weapons. I'll withhold judgement until I've played the game myself, but that doesn't sit right with me.

Yamishi
Feb 5, 2012, 11:14 PM
That's the impression I got from the videos. It looks like forces can use about 5 or 6 techs before they have to take a break.

Practically, it seems like hunters actually have the most PP because they're constantly rebuilding it from their melee weapons. I'll withhold judgement until I've played the game myself, but that doesn't sit right with me.

It actually works out pretty well. Especially once you get the upgrade that allows you to recharge PP while charging up Techniques. At first, I would run out of PP after a few Techniques, and have to wait a moment or two for my PP to come back. After I got the upgrade, though, I don't remember being completely drained of PP again.

Serephim
Feb 5, 2012, 11:37 PM

read the second sentence lol

Aiex
Feb 5, 2012, 11:58 PM
read the second sentence lol

Okay, you caught me. lol
touché

Perhaps I meant something more along the lines of, "I haven't played the game so my opinion isn't worth anything but that seems backwards."

Serephim
Feb 6, 2012, 12:25 AM
No, the PP is pretty limited, but it depends on how you use it.

Generally, if you aren't using Charged Techniques, your PP is FARRR too low to make a difference in combat. But charged techniques are pretty damn powerful, so it works out.

I was actually managing pretty well with the PP i was given. But once i found out about the "Charge pp while charging techniques" skill, it was basically like i was given a second bar's worth. It's very useful.

Uncharged techs need to take like 1/2, to even 1/3rd the amount as a charged one. If they keep increasing the dmg, then eventually it'll cut into the usefulness of Charged techniques. So i say they need to simply cut PP costs on uncharged techniques.

Dinosaur
Feb 6, 2012, 01:20 AM
Uncharged techs need to take like 1/2, to even 1/3rd the amount as a charged one. If they keep increasing the dmg, then eventually it'll cut into the usefulness of Charged techniques. So i say they need to simply cut PP costs on uncharged techniques.

I agree with this. They said they had adjusted the damage of uncharged techs but they were still ass...

On the other hand, I don't think PP is a problem for Forces at all. You have all sorts of options like PP up, PP regen during charge, and you can always bust out your gunslash to get max PP in a few seconds.