PDA

View Full Version : future weapons you'd like to see in pso2

Pages : [1] 2

soulpimpwizzurd
Feb 7, 2012, 03:50 AM
HI I'M YOUR HOST MACK MACHOWICZ, THIS TIME ON FUTURE WEAPONS

we discuss super cool weapons that you wish would come out for pso2 later on.

i personally would enjoy a fencing railgun. it would have a shooting mode in its railgun form that only shot concentrated beams, but they went through enemies like barta. it would be made of two thin swords similar to rapiers that could be detached from each other and used to melee.

i think they should build more melee/longrange weapons like the gunslash because it's a fun and interesting concept.

Angelo
Feb 7, 2012, 04:38 AM
Hammers.

Please, Hammers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJPhDqetz1k

NoiseHERO
Feb 7, 2012, 04:50 AM
Fist+Leg weapons.

Daggers coming back, hopefully wired lance isn't their replacement.

Normal seperate Handgun and sabers, maybe with some advantage to being seperate instead of being a gunslash... OR at least gunslashes that look like either normal handguns or sabers... however they plan to pull that off...

And slicers.

Basically stuff we've already had. D:

Ehn, that's pretty much it.

I wouldn't be surprised if double sabers just go incorporated into that bow-staff-double-sided-spear-like weapon.

ShadowDragon28
Feb 7, 2012, 05:40 AM
Sythes, long Katana (like Sealed J-Sword), Slicers, Daggers, Double Sabers, PSO style shot guns, single sabers.

Dinosaur
Feb 7, 2012, 06:03 AM
double gunslash

thats all i'd use on every character

soulpimpwizzurd
Feb 7, 2012, 07:35 AM
double gunslash

thats all i'd use on every character

double gunslash

man i lold so hard

@rock that'd be even more interesting if they made a weapon that was two types of melee instead of a melee/far range like gunslash. detachable bostaff could be cool

Cast Soldier
Feb 7, 2012, 08:27 AM
The Sealed J-Sword with it's effect intact leading to the Tsumikiri J-Sword with it's effect intact.

Randomness
Feb 7, 2012, 08:38 AM
I'd love to see a weapon set entirely focused on kick attacks. Basically, some kind of blades on the ankles and feet. An alternative to fist weapons. (Ideally, slightly slower, slightly better reach).

Would lend itself nicely to a PA set that lets you stay airborne by launching off enemies repeatedly, too.

SELENNA
Feb 7, 2012, 09:40 AM
Tesla rifle from District 9

Slidikins
Feb 7, 2012, 10:08 AM
While I didn't really use them much in PS0, I'm quite fond of Shields from my experience with Vindictus.

I could picture a HUcast/caseal out there with a giant metal slab just bashing monsters over the head without a care in the world for incoming damage.

shiink
Feb 7, 2012, 10:17 AM
Mechguns. PSO style none of that twin handgun or automatic machine gun garbage. Twin sabers, shotgun, and some sort of smaller exotic tech weapons. Like the old PSO cards or something that have a ranged normal attack option.

My only two cents. I already like the versatility of the weapons already available, so long as new weapons have different advantages and have a welcome purpose for being equipped.

moorebounce
Feb 7, 2012, 10:31 AM
I would like to see the slicers, daggers and double sabers make a come back. Then I would like to see an axe/hammer type weapon where you could catch the enemies and twirl then around like the wired lances.

Zyrusticae
Feb 7, 2012, 10:40 AM
I just wanna see axes return.

Swords seem to be pretty fast now... axes can fill the slow-but-extremely-powerful weapon niche left in its wake.

Fenn777
Feb 7, 2012, 10:42 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't want basic sabers and handguns? From the alpha videos I watched, the gunslash does the job of utility weapon perfectly. It's almost certain that if they throw in standard saber and handgun weapons, either the gunslash will be obsolete (just carry a saber and handgun and quickswap) or the gunslash will be overall better.

That doesn't mean things like double sabers, rifles, etc. can't be added. Also, I'd be fine with sabers and handguns that were special weapons. But no basic melee and pistol weapons for me.

shiink
Feb 7, 2012, 10:52 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't want basic sabers and handguns? From the alpha videos I watched, the gunslash does the job of utility weapon perfectly. It's almost certain that if they throw in standard saber and handgun weapons, either the gunslash will be obsolete (just carry a saber and handgun and quickswap) or the gunslash will be overall better.

That doesn't mean things like double sabers, rifles, etc. can't be added. Also, I'd be fine with sabers and handguns that were special weapons. But no basic melee and pistol weapons for me.

I completely agree. They did a great job of combining the best of those two into one greatly versatile and actually useful weapon. The only improvement maybe a PA for the handgun side of it like a short burst shot or something. But I see no need for separate handgun and saber anymore. Best of all it fits all on one pallette slot instead of two since they got rid of the whole left and right hand ordeal from PSU.

Fenn777
Feb 7, 2012, 03:23 PM
I completely agree. They did a great job of combining the best of those two into one greatly versatile and actually useful weapon. The only improvement maybe a PA for the handgun side of it like a short burst shot or something. But I see no need for separate handgun and saber anymore. Best of all it fits all on one pallette slot instead of two since they got rid of the whole left and right hand ordeal from PSU.

Exactly. It makes sense in the PSO world too, that players would carry around a "trusty Gunslash" for various purposes. It's like a utility knife; not your best weapon, but useful for lots of different purposes.

Rika-chan
Feb 7, 2012, 04:00 PM
Cards or double cards would be interesting.

Alex Longstride
Feb 7, 2012, 04:08 PM
If we're going to dual wield guns of ANY kind, I'd love to have the ability to multi-target. Or some kind of Gun-Kata. Possibly dual Gunstabs (Dagger equivalent of Gunslashes, I literally just coined the term), given that Gunslashes look too heavy to dual-wield effectively.

A fist-type weapon that forces can use (a Technique-enhancing, bladed glove, perhaps?) would make me play Force forever.

Kazzi
Feb 7, 2012, 04:47 PM
More dual wield things. The Wired Lance is great but I'd like a lot more variety. Daggers, Scythes, Long Swords, Double Sabers especially, Shot guns, Mechguns, and a load of joke weapons like Crazy Tune and Madam's Parasol.

Rayster
Feb 7, 2012, 05:16 PM
Stag Cutlery!!! Stag Stag Stag!!! lol.

Other classics like daggers and mechguns. Maybe some old style weapons like the katana and yasminkov's but others too, like a big claymore, bow or dual wield crossbows.

As for new style weapons, how about photon-charged whips, a la Whiplash from Iron Man 2??

Scotty T
Feb 7, 2012, 05:35 PM
Heaven Striker from BB

Aiex
Feb 7, 2012, 06:30 PM
I don't know if it'd count as a weapon, but it would be pretty cool if they added a handful of ridiculously rare PAs into the mix. They wouldn't have to be spectacularly powerful - just different from the standard set.

I don't think I'd want to expand that feature to techs though.

I'd also like to see a variety of force weapons with various tech boosts. A few to boost the range of support techs, a few that boost simple / gi- / ra- techs, maybe a few that boost a certain element.

And some gag weapons, like Akiko's Frying Pan. You know, just for kicks and giggles.

SephirothXer0
Feb 7, 2012, 06:31 PM
Missiles/rockets for Casts and multi-target the way the old PSO shots did?

I would also like to see more hand-to-hand combat gloves or boots. I'll probably be fighting bare handed most of the time anyway.

Caerik
Feb 7, 2012, 08:33 PM
I'd like to see all the dual-weapons from up to PSU, (daggers, etc.) shields, and rifles are my main concerns. I always love being able to block an attack, and actually cease the attack from carrying behind me. It creates an role for a hunter to be able to defend the main healer.

FOkyasuta
Feb 7, 2012, 08:36 PM
Twin Handguns. Nuff said.

vPharaohv
Feb 7, 2012, 09:25 PM
Just want soul eater based scythe.

Dinosaur
Feb 7, 2012, 09:28 PM
Just want soul eater based scythe.

With the return of Partisan along with old PSO rares being in the game, I'm almost certain that the Soul Eater will be in the game.

Legato Bluesummers
Feb 7, 2012, 09:54 PM
Double-Sabers, Scythes, Lances... Just about the most badass weapons out there.

Hammers.

Please, Hammers.

This too. Monster Hunter Tri made me fall in love with them and since Phantasy Star seems to be getting increasingly similar to it, they might as well.

I'd love to see a weapon set entirely focused on kick attacks. Basically, some kind of blades on the ankles and feet. An alternative to fist weapons. (Ideally, slightly slower, slightly better reach).

Would lend itself nicely to a PA set that lets you stay airborne by launching off enemies repeatedly, too.

Yeah, that sounds fun as well. Bladed Greaves or something. Would make for some badass space taekwondo.

NoiseHERO
Feb 7, 2012, 10:10 PM

If they did this, I'd be able to make the perfect Rock Eastwood. ;o;

(He only fights with kicks)

But I'd be extremely surprised if ANY online action game, out of the blue decided to make a weapon type like this...

moorebounce
Feb 7, 2012, 10:16 PM
With the return of Partisan along with old PSO rares being in the game, I'm almost certain that the Soul Eater will be in the game.

I would love to see a bunch of the old PSO weapons redesigned and/or updated for PSO2. Finding rare and funny looking weapons was part of PSO's appeal and they need to bring that back.

Kent
Feb 7, 2012, 10:31 PM
Slicers are my favorite. Easily both a signature weapon of the series, and something that you never really see in other games.

Though I haven't played PSZ, my understanding is that Slicers in it were more like a physical boomerang that, while it's flying around between enemies, you could execute unarmed attacks and cast techniques normally. Maybe they could combine the unarmed/fist weapon type with Slicers in this fashion to make for some really interesting gameplay.

Of course, I'd also be perfectly okay with Slicers being back to what they were in PSO - a vaguely sword-shaped thinger that shoots blade beams that bounce between targets like chain lightning.

Scythes should also return, as a more melee-oriented alternative to Rods. They should definitely by a Force-oriented weapon though, to give the hybrid Forces more options in their weapon selection.

Fist+Leg weapons.
Ideally, any "unarmed" weapons should include both punching and kicking attacks in them, rather than the awkward and silly-looking Rock'em Sock'em Robots nonsense we got in PSU.

Maybe a few suplexes. You know, for good measure.

Normal seperate Handgun and sabers, maybe with some advantage to being seperate instead of being a gunslash... OR at least gunslashes that look like either normal handguns or sabers... however they plan to pull that off...

Simple: They could just make rare Gunslashes actually physically transform when you swap between shooting mode and melee mode with them. The actual animation that plays when a character switches between modes could easily include a weapon animation, on top of the character's wrist-flick animation they currently have.

FOkyasuta
Feb 7, 2012, 10:33 PM
And now that i think about it, Single Handed Mechguns were good but i Still preferred the PSO ones over the PSU ones. And gunblades don't sound half bad right about now.

But I'd be extremely surprised if ANY online action game, out of the blue decided to make a weapon type like this...
[spoiler-box]http://images.wikia.com/streetfighter/images/4/44/Ryu-gem-super3.gif
Or this?
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100605074128/streetfighter/images/d/dd/Dan_Dankukyaku.gif
[/spoiler-box]

Vashyron
Feb 7, 2012, 11:12 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12804628/mechgun.jpg

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Feb 8, 2012, 01:12 AM
If there are Laser Spears (Spears that can fire lasers as its Extra feature) I officially called that.

NoiseHERO
Feb 8, 2012, 01:56 AM
And now that i think about it, Single Handed Mechguns were good but i Still preferred the PSO ones over the PSU ones. And gunblades don't sound half bad right about now.

[spoiler-box]http://images.wikia.com/streetfighter/images/4/44/Ryu-gem-super3.gif
Or this?
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100605074128/streetfighter/images/d/dd/Dan_Dankukyaku.gif
[/spoiler-box]

More like Dan's... Never thought of Rock doing a hurricane kick, surprisingly...

@ kent, if we can grapple with wired lance... Sakai shouldn't be allowed to call himself Japanese if we can't do a few wrestling moves.

soulpimpwizzurd
Feb 8, 2012, 02:04 AM
More like Dan's... Never thought of Rock doing a hurricane kick, surprisingly...

@ kent, if we can grapple with wired lance... Sakai shouldn't be allowed to call himself Japanese if we can't do a few wrestling moves.

gloves that let you do wrestling/grappling attacks would be pretty frikkin sweet, or just fist weapons that had grab attacks implemented

ShadowDragon28
Feb 8, 2012, 03:46 AM
As long as there's somekind of double saber that resembles the lavis type Double Cannon, and a sword that looks like the Sealed J-Sword (with a long, black blade), I will die a happy PSO2 player.

Kismet
Feb 8, 2012, 11:46 AM
I'd like to see a hammer that doubles as a rod for Forces. Smash the crap out of a mob then finish it off with a tech (or vice versa). You could use an AOE twirling-like attack to give yourself space if you get crowded (or maybe a baseball bat-esque hit to smack a single mob or two away from you). When you cast regular techs, it would shoot them out like a shotgun. If you have a hard time imagining any of these things, look up videos of mages from Divine Souls on Youtube.

If there was a scythe version of this, the scythe could shoot out techs like a flamethrower! :B

As for existing weapons I'd like to see return, slicers and grenade launchers all the way. My two favorite weapons from PSU! (Although grenade launchers got nerfed in PSP2, and I wasn't fond of that...)

I also second weapons of some sort that would allow for punching AND kicking. I don't care what they look like or what they are, I just want to be able to run towards something, jump kick it, then punch its face into the ground (doesn't have to be like that LITERALLY of course, but something along those lines).

Rika-chan
Feb 8, 2012, 04:48 PM
Hammers for forces would be kinda cool, actually.

cheapgunner
Feb 8, 2012, 05:17 PM

Would be nice. I can see hammers giving their techs higher dmg output and larger AoE but makes them immobile while thier hammers are equipped on their body.

I'd like to see turrents for gunners. Makes them immobile but they give them higher number of hits than their rifles gives. Automatic and each bullet comsumes very little pp as well.

|____ _______ ___
|____|_0_0_0_| : . : ` : ; . 23 34 67 51 _(0.0)_ A creature getting othilerated... ^.^;
|

FOkyasuta
Feb 8, 2012, 06:08 PM
Now i think were overdoing with the whole gun thing. Cause at like this rate, even the class that has problems {or ones that are going to?} will have some sort of ranged attack. I smell bullet spam and not to mention, Wired Lances seem kinda odd to me so i'd rather stick with the old fashioned kind.

Well thats a first.
[spoiler-box]Now im thinking something like that for a kick.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100408201645/streetfighter/images/1/1f/B.gif[/spoiler-box]

Hivernia
Feb 8, 2012, 06:17 PM
Got minigun ?
http://pichost.fr.nf/?di=HNCC

- Some sniping weapon would be cool (the farther you are, the higher you deal) but Rifle seam like they already have a good range.
- Shotgun obviously
- Bow ('cause they look cool)
- Music instrument increasing support tech effectiveness / range ?
- Spear
- 2H Axe

Serephim
Feb 8, 2012, 06:21 PM
twin mechguns, shift can cause you to fire in different directions or something

Twin Sabers, can have the ability to parry + counter attack (or build up a meter by blocking that lets you unleash some kind of fury mode)

Katana, single targets but high damage

moorebounce
Feb 8, 2012, 06:39 PM
I think they know Mechguns weren't being used all that much.I know I didn't like how the end of the animation left you exposed for a little bit. The shot guns did the same but at least you were hitting multiple enemies. Who needs a shot gun now when you have a grenade launcher.

Rika-chan
Feb 8, 2012, 06:47 PM
It would be faster?

I think bows would be neat for forces. I didn't like the way they were in PSU, though. Maybe something like Madoka's bow (http://images.puella-magi.net/c/cb/Madoka_shooting_one_arrow.gif).
As long as they can combo.

Hivernia
Feb 8, 2012, 06:51 PM
I think they know Mechguns weren't being used all that much.I know I didn't like how the end of the animation left you exposed for a little bit. The shot guns did the same but at least you were hitting multiple enemies. Who needs a shot gun now when you have a grenade launcher.

Since you're not 'stuck' anymore during animation, this is no longer an issue.
As for shotgun, you'll most likely use it close to foes to get a better damage output and maybe a little AoE (something like 3 mob in front of you).
It would be good to have different gameplay with different weapon (but you can already have different style with the different PA from the rifle ...)

NoiseHERO
Feb 8, 2012, 07:14 PM
Thinking of it...

They could turn force's pimp stick into a LOT of weapons... Just because it's basically... a stick.

Pimp cane
Sword
Saber...
Hatchet
Halberd
Scythe

And It looks like forces HAVE to use melee a lot now, so I guess there would be no complaints with cooler looking ones...

I know scythes, and a bunch of other weapons were under a lot of different weapon types in the last generation of Phantasy Star...

Scythe being on sword, double sabers and rods...(Just using scythe a lot as an example.)

But at the same time maybe it would be boring if they just that a lot...

No complaints just doing it with fists though, (as long as we don't have sockem' bopper sized kitty gloves that make meow sounds and hearts pop up.) But they'd HAVE to make a lot of awesome martial arts based Photon arts.

Which would be mandatory if wiredlance really does end up replacing daggers... D:

lostinseganet
Feb 9, 2012, 05:35 PM
I want mags that can transform in combat into various monsters which i can tell to destroy things.
I want forces to henshin in combat into magical school boys/girls
I want voice activated spells
i want summons
I want photon blast to make a comeback
i want to merge with another player into a stronger player
I want to merge with mags into a stronger player
I want a parry attack
I want earth based spells
I want multiplayer tag team combo attacks
I want low attacks and stomps
I want card based attacks yugioh and pokemon stuff
I want a cookie...a cookie that can ATTACK!
I want to control this game using my mind "emotiv epoc / OCZ NIA Neural Impulse Actuator brain interfaces"
I want forces to able to charge their weapons to hit enemies with magic charged boob sticks
I want to raise the dead.

Dinosaur
Feb 9, 2012, 05:56 PM
And It looks like forces HAVE to use melee a lot now, so I guess there would be no complaints with cooler looking ones...

On Force, I use Gunslash ranged attack for PP gains, not melee attacks.

Do you WANT us to die?

NoiseHERO
Feb 9, 2012, 07:27 PM
Every other video the force is whacking away at something like a barbarian so I just assumed...

Ah whatever.

Kent
Feb 9, 2012, 08:42 PM
On Force, I use Gunslash ranged attack for PP gains, not melee attacks.

Do you WANT us to die?
Real men play Forces and use melee combat.

Omega-z
Feb 9, 2012, 09:41 PM
well there looks to be about 8-7 new weapon (1 most likely the spear looking weapon the HuMarl was using in the video ) spot's according to the icon thread.

Angelo
Feb 9, 2012, 10:42 PM

Don't you ruin this for me! Monster Hunter style hammers for HU or bust! :(

Randomness
Feb 10, 2012, 12:18 AM

Yeah, thankfully, the specials in MH all would translate fine for PAs. Whirling and charged smashes. Basic combo is the standard triple-pound.

Too bad we won't be able to troll bosses into their graves with em. (How to Diablos: Sonic Bomb > Trap > Trap > HAMMERSTUN > Trap > Trap > HAMMERSTUN > Seriously, he's dead now)

If they need any inspiration for attacks, they can go play some Tales of Symphonia.

Vashyron
Feb 10, 2012, 12:38 AM
If they need any inspiration for attacks, they can go play some Tales of Symphonia.

What is this Ominous Light that threatens to engulf us?

Kismet
Feb 10, 2012, 04:26 PM

Ew. No. Hammer is my second most hated weapon from Monster Hunter. If HU got something like that then fine, but if forces were to get an awesome hammer rod like I suggested, then it better operate NOTHING like the atrocity that is the MH hammer. >:[

NoiseHERO
Feb 10, 2012, 04:43 PM
What is this Ominous Light that threatens to engulf us?

/corny voice

CRESCENT MOON!

SPINKICK!!

Dinosaur
Feb 10, 2012, 04:53 PM
My educated guess on filling out the blanks

Twin Dagger
Twin Saber
Twin Sword
Axe

Shotgun
Sniper Rifle
Twin Handgun

Wand
Whip/Bow/Card (could be any of these or all of them; I personally want cards)

Twin Gunblades for the world!

Ce'Nedra
Feb 10, 2012, 07:22 PM
Real men play Forces and use melee combat.

Reminded me of this

If you are a real melee Force you pick up that Agito and run straight into that Ill Gill.

It's so true.

As far weapons regarding. I wouldn't mind Fist + Kick as well, though just Fists will do but please make them not as retarted as knuckles are on PSU...Not a single of them looks good at all and the running animation with them is retarted too. Only thing cool about them is the FALKON PAUWNCH!! PA.

Also hope they add Longbows or something similar (not crossbows!). Always liked the idea of them in PSU, much cooler then a rifle or something as well.

I also want my Twin Lavis Cannon Gunslash already...Moar Lavis weapons would be cool, no matter what weapon type. Should make Lavis Fists, shockwave special from PSO as a PA and a Palm Thrust PA to launch enemies.

I also hope if they decide to put Cards back in they will be usefull for once now cause the were pretty useless on PSU and PSO.

Shade_Koopa
Feb 10, 2012, 08:47 PM
From the alpha videos I've seen, I haven't seen any Twin Swords/Blades or Twin Daggers. So i would like to see those.

NoiseHERO
Feb 10, 2012, 09:16 PM
I find twin swords overrated... But they're probably one of the most popular weapon set ups since the PS2 era. And I know a lot of people that like them, so I'd have no complaints with their addition. Seems like they could make a LOT of weapons...

I just hope it's not static like PSU where they CAN'T add more weapon types even if PSU did have a lot.

And hopefully not one weapon type has too many uses making it pointless to add in others. The first thing I thought when I saw how fast they made the bustersword = sabers are instantly replaced. Rifle having like 6 different shooting modes = why even add more than 3 more gun type weapons. Or gunslash obviously means bye-bye handguns and sabers, which a lot of people actually liked. @_@

Hell wiredlance could replace daggers, whips, AND twin sabers. ;o;

Calamity
Feb 10, 2012, 09:18 PM
i jus want some twin daggers. fav weapon

NegaTsukasa
Feb 10, 2012, 09:24 PM
Chakrams: these (http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=615&q=chakram&gbv=2&oq=chakram&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=1302l2234l0l2345l7l7l0l0l0l0l130l683l4.3l7l 0)
I would like to also see Rods that can strike and not just cast spells.

and from a picture I've seen, they already made my dream item of dual whips coming true, so I'm happy there.

not a weapon, but something I would like to see that is in the department of equip items that I never saw in PSO is visible armor. not aura's. armor. like full on new robe types for forces, unique suites and gear for ranger and hunters, etc. not just dressing room crap PSO and PSU had that did nothing to your stats.

Caerik
Feb 10, 2012, 09:32 PM
Chakrams: these (http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=615&q=chakram&gbv=2&oq=chakram&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=1302l2234l0l2345l7l7l0l0l0l0l130l683l4.3l7l 0)
I would like to also see Rods that can strike and not just cast spells.

and from a picture I've seen, they already made my dream item of dual whips coming true, so I'm happy there.

not a weapon, but something I would like to see that is in the department of equip items that I never saw in PSO is visible armor. not aura's. armor. like full on new robe types for forces, unique suites and gear for ranger and hunters, etc. not just dressing room crap PSO and PSU had that did nothing to your stats.

I don't necessarily mind the dressing room as long as some serious gear also exists. I prefer to make characters from stories I write, and a bikini just doesn't fit the bill in that case.

On the other note of your post, I love the idea for chakrams. It could just be a skin for a slicer or cards though and serve a similar purpose.

Zorafim
Feb 10, 2012, 09:34 PM
Twin daggers and lances. That's right. The same stuff we had last game, and the game before that. I want that.

I really can't think of anything out there that wasn't covered in PSU. As long as they bring everything back, I'll be happy.

NoiseHERO
Feb 10, 2012, 09:43 PM
@ nega tsukasa there like 60 pages somewhere or maybe like 140 something all together going on about whether everyone should all be wearing the same outfits because of stats at end-game or not.

@ Caerk, the characters in the story you write might not wear bikini's. But taking them out would contradict the freedom that OTHERS would have in truly making your own original character. Maybe someone here writes some kind of "bay watch" like space story, or has a character that's a super model in their story with a giant laser cannon.

So saying that with STORY WRITING in mind, kind of makes your reason for thinking bikini's (an optional outfit) would be innacurate or pointless for people who write stories for their characters.

I do it as well (Though not linked to phantasy star) and I don't have slutty characters or whatever that run around dressed like some japanese guy's los angeles hooker fantasy. BUT YEAH, I'd like as much freedom as I want with my characters, if this game is trying to sell on it's character design feature, statted clothing completely ruins that.

Which is why they originally had it with SUBTLE stats before... and then ended up taking it out because of the FANS complaints.

edit: Oh wait I'm a total dick I completely misread what you said and thought you meant TAKE OUT things like bikini's and ONLY have serious-looking stuff. But you meant have MORE serious-looking stuff in general. Well I dunno what parts of my post to take out so this edit is fine, my bad. Yeah PSU had a lot of retarded looking outfits.

Anyway, add in your two cents to that if you want, but yeah keep the thread about how awesome weapons should be added to the game. D<

/shines my "PSU had a lot of awesome ideas so stop hatin' " badge, and my "CHARACTER CREATION IS IMPORTANT!" badge.

NegaTsukasa
Feb 10, 2012, 09:53 PM
@ nega tsukasa there like 60 pages somewhere or maybe like 140 something all together going on about whether everyone should all be wearing the same outfits because of stats at end-game or not.

I don't browse in this particular section a whole lot so I wouldn't know. :/

the heads up is much appreciated though.

NoiseHERO
Feb 10, 2012, 10:02 PM
I don't browse in this particular section a whole lot so I wouldn't know. :/

the heads up is much appreciated though.

Yeah so that means everyone is either... sick of the argument, It's easily revived, or both.

My random almost embarrassing wall of text up there being evidence.

Caerik
Feb 10, 2012, 11:31 PM

@ Caerk, the characters in the story you write might not wear bikini's. But taking them out would contradict the freedom that OTHERS would have in truly making your own original character. Maybe someone here writes some kind of "bay watch" like space story, or has a character that's a super model in their story with a giant laser cannon.

So saying that with STORY WRITING in mind, kind of makes your reason for thinking bikini's (an optional outfit) would be innacurate or pointless for people who write stories for their characters.

I do it as well (Though not linked to phantasy star) and I don't have slutty characters or whatever that run around dressed like some japanese guy's los angeles hooker fantasy. BUT YEAH, I'd like as much freedom as I want with my characters, if this game is trying to sell on it's character design feature, statted clothing completely ruins that.

Which is why they originally had it with SUBTLE stats before... and then ended up taking it out because of the FANS complaints.

edit: Oh wait I'm a total dick I completely misread what you said and thought you meant TAKE OUT things like bikini's and ONLY have serious-looking stuff. But you meant have MORE serious-looking stuff in general. Well I dunno what parts of my post to take out so this edit is fine, my bad. Yeah PSU had a lot of retarded looking outfits.

Anyway, add in your two cents to that if you want, but yeah keep the thread about how awesome weapons should be added to the game. D<

/shines my "PSU had a lot of awesome ideas so stop hatin' " badge, and my "CHARACTER CREATION IS IMPORTANT!" badge.

I'm not against the addition of the bikinis to the game, just when they would have stats. That gives them potential to be better than something ascetically pleasing. Heck who knows, some day I may have a crazy character who dresses in their skivvies and I'll need the bikini.

Kent
Feb 11, 2012, 02:22 AM
Also hope they add Longbows or something similar (not crossbows!). Always liked the idea of them in PSU, much cooler then a rifle or something as well.
In my opinion, longbows should have a projectile with flight time (that is, not more-or-less instant like the assault rifle shots seem to be, for the most part), but also be ballistic - as in, it's susceptible to gravity over the course of its flight.

You know, to differentiate them from the guns out there, from both a functionality and gameplay perspective. PAs could include the obvious things like firing a bunch of arrows into the air to rain down in front (or directly into an opponent that's airborne), multi-shot, piercing shot, etc.. I picture it in my head and see lots of potential for a fun-to-use weapon.

I also hope if they decide to put Cards back in they will be usefull for once now cause the were pretty useless on PSU and PSO.
Cards were useful in PSO - assuming you were playing a FOmar/l and got a good hit% Talis/Mahu and just met the requirements. They're surprisingly-good in melee combat, due to the fact that you can shotgun the third attack in the combo into a single target, and double as a ranged weapon. The damage isn't bad for the point at which you can use them (assuming you're not a moronically-twinked-out character or doing it wrong and going pure-caster on a FOmar/l, naturally).

Their problem is that those are pretty much the only ones in the game that are easily-obtainable and worth using, however briefly. They're good fun while they last though. I wouldn't mind seeing their return, as long as they're more like the PSO ones and actually fun to use. I smell some Gambit-style PAs to go with them.

SuKKrl
Feb 11, 2012, 02:35 AM
Only weapon that came to mind was some kind of nunchaku. Making it blend with the game's art style might be tough though.

I could see it as a close quarters weapon where each attack delivers a good number of hits, keeping the enemy from moving, like a crowd control weapon which would require some skill / teamwork to use as you would also be vulnerable to other enemies. Or maybe I'm just going too far...

Ce'Nedra
Feb 11, 2012, 07:44 AM
In my opinion, longbows should have a projectile with flight time (that is, not more-or-less instant like the assault rifle shots seem to be, for the most part), but also be ballistic - as in, it's susceptible to gravity over the course of its flight.

You know, to differentiate them from the guns out there, from both a functionality and gameplay perspective. PAs could include the obvious things like firing a bunch of arrows into the air to rain down in front (or directly into an opponent that's airborne), multi-shot, piercing shot, etc.. I picture it in my head and see lots of potential for a fun-to-use weapon.

Yeah that would tottaly make the weapon more fun to use. If they pul that i'll defnitaly want to use Longbows. I never really liked guns but bow's are awesome to have. Would also make it more realistic, how cool would it be to rain a bunch of photon arrows down on your prey.

Cards were useful in PSO - assuming you were playing a FOmar/l and got a good hit% Talis/Mahu and just met the requirements. They're surprisingly-good in melee combat, due to the fact that you can shotgun the third attack in the combo into a single target, and double as a ranged weapon. The damage isn't bad for the point at which you can use them (assuming you're not a moronically-twinked-out character or doing it wrong and going pure-caster on a FOmar/l, naturally).

Their problem is that those are pretty much the only ones in the game that are easily-obtainable and worth using, however briefly. They're good fun while they last though. I wouldn't mind seeing their return, as long as they're more like the PSO ones and actually fun to use. I smell some Gambit-style PAs to go with them.

I never played FOrces really, i do have a FOnewearl that can melee but my Fomarl never even got out of Very Hard. I would like to point out that Hitogata would be usefull but is a pain to get with hit, much better off farming a high hit Mahu (Both got TP steal special, and even then a Double Saber is better due to Unreduced Geist). A other card that might be usefull is the Guardinna due to its Spirit special.

I also hope for lots of multi-hit PA's, and then i dont mind if its multi targeting or single targeting. I just love to rain down some slashes or spin attacks.

DoubleCannon
Feb 11, 2012, 10:58 AM
I will put my 2 cents into this.

I would like to see:

One Hand Sabers (PSO Style)
Double Sabers (MUST BE IN.. Or it just won't be right lol)
Mech-Guns
LONG Katana Swords (AKA J-sword.. They got my money of this weapon is in this game lol)

I really don't want to see Double one hand sabers like in PSU.. was not a fan of these at all.

If I could only vote on 2 I would want doublesabers and long katana swords. :D

NoiseHERO
Feb 11, 2012, 11:01 AM
I will put my 2 cents into this.

I would like to see:

One Hand Sabers (PSO Style)
Double Sabers (MUST BE IN.. Or it just won't be right lol)
Mech-Guns
LONG Katana Swords (AKA J-sword.. They got my money of this weapon is in this game lol)

I really don't want to see Double one hand sabers like in PSU.. was not a fan of these at all.

If I could only vote on 2 I would want doublesabers and long katana swords. :D

Ithink they'd just use 2 hand swords again, but no complaints with unique animations. And I data mining might've confirmed the probably mandatory most popular weapon, double sabers.

DoubleCannon
Feb 11, 2012, 11:06 AM
Ithink they'd just use 2 hand swords again, but no complaints with unique animations. And I data mining might've confirmed the probably mandatory most popular weapon, double sabers.

SWEET.. I will take double sabers any day :) .. and lets be honest. This game will get expansions haha so there is always room for new things later on :)

Miyoko
Feb 11, 2012, 11:18 AM
For melee? Hammers. Most melee stuff I can think of has been done in the PSO series, save for hammers and axes. More of those please!

For guns though? Magnums (heavy hitting slow handguns), sniper rifles, anything from Turok. Really, more creative projectile weapons. Give us a laser shotgun that bounces off walls, or a sonic blaster that penetrates them. Guns that shoot acid globs, guns that shoot lightning bolts, guns that shoot rockets that explode into other rockets that home in on the nearest heat source, an X-Buster, who cares if it makes sense? :O

Rika-chan
Feb 11, 2012, 12:49 PM
PAs could include the obvious things like firing a bunch of arrows into the air to rain down in front (or directly into an opponent that's airborne)
Every time I think of bows I think of this...
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_8uc8Dik8k&feature=player_detailpage#t=102s)
I'd like to see shots and double sabers appear too. I especially want the Huge Battle Fan to return. Loved whacking things with it.

Varon
Feb 11, 2012, 02:09 PM
Id like to see Open combos like PSU so you can set your 1 hand weapons in whatever combination you want maybe take out the left hand right hand restriction it would make Double Handguns and Double sabers more feasible. Also Id like to see some Items return classic weapon styles like How the Flowens sword looked or the Victor Axe or Chainsawd.
Maybe Have them Enhance barehands fighting like how Casting spells with no weapon was faster in PSO so have it so you can equip gloves that increase MST to promote different play styles.
Hell I know 1/2 the time playing my FoMar Id unequip my weapon just because I had used a Hildebear staff for a really long time.
I know Id like to see some variation for guns like Volt Canons that shoot Gizonde as a normal style attack probably making it a shorter range weapon.

Kismet
Feb 11, 2012, 03:38 PM
From what people have described, sounds like Dragon Next-esque Bowmaster/Sharpshooter gameplay is desired for bows. I definitely couldn't argue with that.

kyuuketsuki
Feb 11, 2012, 03:40 PM
I loved twin sabers (the name for two one-handed sabers) in PSO, so I'd be quite happy to have them make a come-back in PSO2. It also makes a lot more sense than having single one-handed sabers when we already have gunslashes filling that role.

So give me:
Double-sabers (pretty much confirmed*)
Daggers (possibly confirmed*)
Twin-sabers
Cards (possibly confirmed*)
Slicers
Katanas

*Confirmation from Vashyron's data-mining thread.

Edit: I'd also like to see a throwback to PSO's sabers in the form of a rare gunslash that looks like one of PSO's sabers, with the inability to do ranged damage offset by superior damage and/or a special ability.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 11, 2012, 06:44 PM
^Lavis saber gunslash or gtfo

raigalcc
Feb 12, 2012, 08:15 AM
dual swords, dual gunblades or gundaggers perhaps?

NoiseHERO
Feb 12, 2012, 08:37 AM
Actually a gundagger would be badass... dual OR single (I'd prefer single)

NegaTsukasa
Feb 12, 2012, 10:25 AM
Every time I think of bows I think of this...
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_8uc8Dik8k&feature=player_detailpage#t=102s)
I'd like to see shots and double sabers appear too. I especially want the Huge Battle Fan to return. Loved whacking things with it.

What that girl does at 1:52 with the rapid fire. that would be amazing if Forces had a class specific weapon called "Photon-Orb/jewel/etc. - (insert ability name here)" or something like that which creates melee generated spells like those rapid fire arrows in the video you showed above.

The Fomarl is shown holding an orb in the original concept art for the original PSO. so it would be interesting to see a weapon like that being used. :)

SilverFoxR
Feb 12, 2012, 10:14 PM
All I know is that, whatever weaponry we get, I hope that every option is balanced and designed for various playstyles.

Now, coming from someone who's played PSO and PSZ, I noticed that many times, some weapon types would simply be overshadowed by others. For example, how many people in PSO used a Saber when a Katana, Twin Saber or Double Saber was also available? How many Rangers used Handguns instead of Rifles? Who ever used Shot weapons? The same goes for PSZ - why use a Spear over a Sword? Why use a Saber over a Double... or even Daggers? Who EVER used the Bazooka or Cannon weapons?

I'd like to see more balance to weapons... maybe different combos and statistics. For example, if you had a Saber, it'd have less range and power than a Sword, but you would be able to attack faster, more often and not be left open after a combo ended. Daggers would be weaker still, but they'd hit far more often and maybe allowed you to sprint with them out. For firearms, Handguns could be used while walking/running/strafing, while Rifles required you to stand still. Shot weapons would let you move a little and could deal significant damage, but the effective range would be terrible.

Basicly, I'd like weaponry to be more about what type you like more, not what type is "better".

r00tabaga
Feb 12, 2012, 10:47 PM
Would you use a handgun over a rifle or grenade launcher in real life?

Dragwind
Feb 12, 2012, 11:22 PM
Twin gundaggers. I would be so happy. Oh so fun.

Zyrusticae
Feb 12, 2012, 11:32 PM
What does RL have to do with this?

Rule of Cool (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool) all the way, man.

r00tabaga
Feb 13, 2012, 12:02 AM
What does RL have to do with this?

Rule of Cool (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool) all the way, man.

I have no idea what RL means but I do know that a handgun compared to an assault rifle, shotty or laser cannon should not be balanced equally.

Sue me.

NoiseHERO
Feb 13, 2012, 12:07 AM
I have no idea what RL means but I do know that a handgun compared to an assault rifle, shotty or laser cannon should not be balanced equally.

Sue me.

For one of the few times I'm with Zyru on this.

RL = Real life

And yeah basically this rule of cool trope/idea means, if you can do whatever you want and still win and look awesome in the process. Then screw rocket launchers, I'm doing backflips and pistol whipping everyone to death.

Kent
Feb 13, 2012, 12:32 AM
This is literally-irrelevant to the topic at hand. I shouldn't need to explain this. Also there are circumstances where a handgun is superior to either a rifle or a grenade launcher anyway (close-quarters indoor combat, for instance), but that's not important or relevant.

Mainly because balancing distinct weapon types against each other is more important to any game (especially a game like PSO) than silly nonsense like trying to adhere to reality. Even games that are strictly first-person shooters generally give you options between various types of guns that are all useful and balanced against each other, making them useful for different situations. Ideally, no one weapon would be universally better than all others in every situation, promoting the notion that players should carry multiple weapons for multiple situations.

It was a very prominent design paradigm in PSO, and hopefully it would be brought over into PSO2, since it's certainly a good idea.

r00tabaga
Feb 13, 2012, 12:36 AM
So rule of cool is the whole bikini, bath towel argument all over again. Some people want a smidge of realism (RL) in their games. A level 10 player with a handgun and swimming trunks should not be 100% balanced with a level 10 player with a rocket launcher and battle armor equipped. Have fun but don't make it stupid either.

On topic...I'd like to see more futuristic gauntlet-type weapons. Flame thrower, laser or ice would be nice.

Kent
Feb 13, 2012, 12:41 AM
Some people want a smidge of realism (RL) in their games.
Some people should be looking for games other than Phantasy Star, a series of games about lightsabers, fully-sapient androids and space elves we made from genetially-engineered cats.

r00tabaga
Feb 13, 2012, 12:48 AM
@Kent: thats not relevant to topic nor has nothing to do with handguns either. PSO was one of my 1st loved games and Id like to see it get back to where it was before PSU.

And next time I go online with Killzone or Gears I'll take a head count of all the players using only handguns as their primary and I'll shoot you an IM with the #s.

•Col•
Feb 13, 2012, 01:09 AM

Sue me.

Oh god. Don't even start with comparing video game weapons to in real life.

If we're gonna do that, then just take any giant sword out of the game.

Not to mention... Theoretically with dual handguns, you could take out multiple targets simultaneously, rather than having to shoot one person and turn the rifle towards another and shoot at them... Sure it's entirely impractical and unfeasible to have that kind of dexterityprecision in real life...

But since it's a video game, we can just say Casts have super advanced targeting systems... And as for Humans/Newmans.... Well... There's always....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSf9aEETnvE

r00tabaga
Feb 13, 2012, 01:18 AM
What else can I compare weapons to?
Anyways, whatever, I don't think there's anything wrong with unbalanced races, classes or weapons. You start making everything the same you lose variety and the urge to try out new play styles...etc

NoiseHERO
Feb 13, 2012, 01:22 AM
@Kent: thats not relevant to topic nor has nothing to do with handguns either. PSO was one of my 1st loved games and Id like to see it get back to where it was before PSU.

And next time I go online with Killzone or Gears I'll take a head count of all the players using only handguns as their primary and I'll shoot you an IM with the #s.

The rule over cool is optional in this game, that's what makes it cool.

OPTIONS ARE IMPORTANT! Like kent said, different weapons have different uses, and nobody wants one weapon to beat every situation. Which isn't true in "real life" either. But if it's POSSIBLE to still get away with beating the entire game with one handgun, if people have the OPTION to do so, I think that makes this a better game for MORE people. Not JUST the "Why use a weak-ass handgun when I have a rocket launcher" guy.

You may as well start trying to get your imagination back after you saw that dumb hat'd fomar in a dress running into mobs with that plastic stick you call a wand.

Kent
Feb 13, 2012, 02:32 AM
@Kent: thats not relevant to topic nor has nothing to do with handguns either.
Since it apparently missed you completely, my point was that PSO never actually tried to be a realistic game. It's not even a "rule of cool" game - it is the one rule that matters most in a game, being rule of fun (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfFun). There is no fault at all to be had in sacrificing realism if it makes the game better and more enjoyable. In fact, it's one of the primary tenets to good game design, unless you're intending for your game to instead be a simulator (which is what realism-seeking people should probably be going for anyway, rather than lightsaber space-elves).

I'm glad you admitted that what I was talking about was relevant to handguns though.

r00tabaga
Feb 13, 2012, 08:48 AM
Since it apparently missed you completely, my point was that PSO never actually tried to be a realistic game. It's not even a "rule of cool" game - it is the one rule that matters most in a game, being rule of fun (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfFun). There is no fault at all to be had in sacrificing realism if it makes the game better and more enjoyable. In fact, it's one of the primary tenets to good game design, unless you're intending for your game to instead be a simulator (which is what realism-seeking people should probably be going for anyway, rather than lightsaber space-elves).

I'm glad you admitted that what I was talking about was relevant to handguns though.

Perhaps reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. I said a "smidge" of realism and I still stand by that. Yes, having fun is the most important part of any game but it shouldn't sacrifice common sense. In PSO, not PSU, I frequently used inferior weapons in my bank just b/c they looked cool or had an interesting mechanic. My point was that I am against making all weapon types balanced when in "reality" there should be stronger ones. I hate that Vanilla type of thinking.

NoiseHERO
Feb 13, 2012, 10:29 AM
Perhaps reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. I said a "smidge" of realism and I still stand by that. Yes, having fun is the most important part of any game but it shouldn't sacrifice common sense. In PSO, not PSU, I frequently used inferior weapons in my bank just b/c they looked cool or had an interesting mechanic. My point was that I am against making all weapon types balanced when in "reality" there should be stronger ones. I hate that Vanilla type of thinking.

Shouldn't the real point be that every weapon should be capable with effort. But certain weapons work better in certain situations?

Kind of like Zelda items, you can kill a normal enemy with five different weapons, But only the hookshot is going to help you beat the water temple boss.

Just having one weapon be naturally and automatically "play to win superior" without and pros and cons is not only boring, and contradictingly unrealistic But kind of stupid in terms of good game design.

Slidikins
Feb 13, 2012, 11:08 AM
Now, coming from someone who's played PSO and PSZ, I noticed that many times, some weapon types would simply be overshadowed by others. For example, how many people in PSO used a Saber when a Katana, Twin Saber or Double Saber was also available? How many Rangers used Handguns instead of Rifles? Who ever used Shot weapons? The same goes for PSZ - why use a Spear over a Sword? Why use a Saber over a Double... or even Daggers? Who EVER used the Bazooka or Cannon weapons?

Woah woah woah, let's back up a second people.

Sabers and Handguns were usable by every class. They were basic, basic weapons like the Gunslash is now.

Rangers used Rifles and Shots over Handguns because they could. Hunters couldn't use Rifles. Forces couldn't use Rifles.

Hunters used Swords and Daggers cause they could as well. A Ranger can't have that single-target goodness of a Dagger.

Balancing out Handguns and Rifles takes away the whole point of being a ranger. Balancing out Bazooka's and Rifles makes sense, but if there's no advantage to using a Rifle over a Handgun then there's no point to being a Ranger. Just be a Hunter with a Handgun and have the best of both worlds.

It's like saying Hunter and Fortefighter need to be balanced... :nono:

r00tabaga
Feb 13, 2012, 01:55 PM
Thank you kind sir. You are the voice of reason around here.

@Michaeru: I actually agree with what you said. Thats why I switch up my weapons a lot in all the games I play. Whether or not one is inferior to another.

Kent
Feb 13, 2012, 04:36 PM
Balancing out Handguns and Rifles takes away the whole point of being a ranger. Balancing out Bazooka's and Rifles makes sense, but if there's no advantage to using a Rifle over a Handgun then there's no point to being a Ranger. Just be a Hunter with a Handgun and have the best of both worlds.
Balancing out handguns and rifles does not take away any point of being a Ranger.

Balance does not entail making all weapons equal for all occasions - it could be quite viable for, say, Handguns to have shorter effective range but faster firing rate than Rifles, which could get better range, do more damage on critical hits, have better status effect application rates, etc.

As a Ranger, you get the option to choose a gun better-suited to the situation than a handgun. There could easily be situations wherein a ranged single-target weapon is needed, but a handgun could be inferior to a rifle for it... And if you're a Ranger, then you can make that choice. If you're a Hunter or a Force, you're going to have to use something sub-optimal or attack the situation with a different method or strategy.

Saying that rifles and handguns should not be balanced against each other is outright insane - just because something can be used by everybody absolutely does not mean that it should be made obsolete just because a class can use other weapon types in the same broad category.

Naturally, that doesn't mean that PSO was itself very balanced in many aspects. As a general game design rule, it's better and more interesting for the players if anything is viable given the right circumstances. So maybe handguns should've have an attack animation with very quick recovery, so as to make the player less-vulnerable between attacks/combos, whereas a rifle may be slower, but has longer-range and more yield. Just a general idea, but I would hope that it makes sense.

After all, class selection is inherently about what options you have available to you. Just because an option is available to multiple classes doesn't mean it is or ever should be by default an inferior option. It should still have its uses to any class that can use it, or else you have balance issues that you need to address.

Zyrusticae
Feb 13, 2012, 05:17 PM
The fallacy that balance requires complete equivocation is depressingly common.

But it's a fallacy nonetheless. Here's a math example for you:

Gun 1
RoF: 5/second
Damage per projectile: 100
Effective range (range before damage goes down - let's assume for a moment that all guns have near-infinite maximum range): 50 meters
Near-perfect accuracy

Gun 2
RoF: 50/second
Damage per projectile: 20
Effective range: 25 meters
Low accuracy (~25% of shots land within reticule)

The first gun does 500 DPS, fires relatively slowly, but is incredibly accurate and may have greater hit stun. The second gun does potentially 1,000 DPS, but has a much shorter effective range and low accuracy that decreases the damage far below the first gun after a certain distance - in other words, it's a CQB weapon.

This is, pretty much, how the handgun and assault rifle work in Halo. For skilled players who can stay on-target, the handgun is a reliable weapon that does high damage at almost any range (except extreme ones). The assault rifle, meanwhile, is much easier to use in closer quarters but drops off in effectiveness quickly the further out you go.

They are balanced, but they are not identical. Extending this analogy to PSO2, there's no reason the handgun/gunblade cannot be the reliable mid-range damage option for all classes while the rifle is a more effective short-range option. Hell, let's throw another gun into the mix:

Gun 3
RoF: 1/3 seconds
Damage per projectile: 1000
Effective range: Unlimited
Perfect accuracy, pierces through targets

This weapon only manages 333 DPS - trifling next to the assault rifle and only mildly comparable to the handgun, but is capable of incredible damage the more targets it pierces, and will always land on target. It also has the benefit of being far safer than other options since the ranger can just keep a very large distance between itself and the enemy (assuming the arena is large enough/there is a high vantage point). Also, the burst damage is incredible - it's worth noting that once alpha (initial) damage is high enough, enemies can be taken out before they even get a chance to attack, decreasing the difficulty of any encounter instantaneously.

These weapons are "balanced", but they also all cover their own respective niches. The handgun does NOT become a "throw it away ASAP!" weapon that only exists to give hunters and forces something to shoot at airborne opponents, but a respectable option in its own right. Is there really no reason to choose a ranger just because the other classes can fight at range fairly well? I would think not. A ranger has the more specialized options that are infinitely more effective in their niches; the handgun is a "jack-of-all-trades" weapon that does not excel at any particular thing. That alone is reason enough, but then there are the PAs and traps and other options that make rangers a compelling option for those who enjoy shooting things.

So no, I don't believe balance means there's no point to being a ranger. I don't believe allowing the gunblade(/slash, whatever) to be an effective option in both ranged and melee combat would invalidate both rangers and hunters. There are a lot of other factors to consider, which looking at weapons in a vacuum will not cover. Pay attention to that.

Slidikins
Feb 13, 2012, 06:16 PM
Saying that rifles and handguns should not be balanced against each other is outright insane - just because something can be used by everybody absolutely does not mean that it should be made obsolete just because a class can use other weapon types in the same broad category.

But it's not obsolete. It's still useful to Hunters and Forces. Rangers will overlook it, yes, because a Rifle is essentially a better Handgun to them. But to the other classes Handguns are still a viable option. 2/3 of the game is still using them to hit things from a distance. I don't think Handguns were ever designed to be a great Ranger weapon. Why Handgun when you have Rifles, Mechguns, Shots, Launchers, etc. What advantage would a handgun give that the others haven't already covered?

r00tabaga
Feb 13, 2012, 06:22 PM
Handguns are super box openers.

Tails_night
Feb 15, 2012, 04:27 PM
I'd like to see an awesome greatsword wrapped in flames. But this reminds me... whats with the level 1 LV2 Lv3 thing a lot of weapon concepts have going? I noticed the weapons shift a little bit but have they gone in depth to this yet?

SELENNA
Feb 15, 2012, 09:35 PM
I agree that elemental items would be great, stuff like we had in PSO :p

Lady Nadia
Feb 15, 2012, 09:43 PM
Van Helsing's auto crossbow! gib pls!

Serephim
Feb 15, 2012, 10:55 PM
Well judging from how PSO did it :

Handgun = balance damage, range and speed. Equal in all areas. The "Vanilla" weapon.

Rifle = balance damage and range. Sacrifice speed.

Mechgun = Balance damage. Sacrifice speed and range.

Shot = Balance range. Sacrifice damage and speed.

Launcher = Balance damage and Range. Sacrifice even more speed.

Any more questions? See how extreme simplicity can go a really long way? You can factor how PSO calculates accuracy with range in there, but keeping it simple is the easiest way.

Looking at that simple template, it's pretty easy to determine where PSU went wrong. For PSO2 on the other hand, both Rifles and Gunslash seem to be extremely diverse weapons. Gunslash's ranged component at face value is no different than a Handgun. Rifles on the other hand are capable of speed, rapid fire, splash damage and pierce shots all in one.

I have no clue how Twin Mechguns will work. I'd personally make them shoot 3 bullet bursts like in PSO, except with a slower rate of fire than the Rifle but a higher damage output and a longer reload animation. (since reloading two mechguns can't be too quickly done.) I think accuracy should be the most difficult aspect of these, so you're forced to use them at close range.

Launchers (that is, PSO's Photon Cannons) can have high recoil and reload times but with alot of damage + small splash and short range pierce, like in PSO. I think it should probably have PAs that fire charged shots that are difficult to aim. They could fire straight, but the charge animation could require you to steady it before it goes off. Unlike with PSO2's Rifles, each shot should literally move your crosshairs from the recoil.

No other ideas at the moment : 0

kyuuketsuki
Feb 16, 2012, 03:05 AM
I'd like to see an awesome greatsword wrapped in flames. But this reminds me... whats with the level 1 LV2 Lv3 thing a lot of weapon concepts have going? I noticed the weapons shift a little bit but have they gone in depth to this yet?
That's the evolution of the weapons as you get the stronger variants. Just like how in PSO the weapons started as 1* with green blade/bullets/accents/etc., then there were stronger variants, such as 2* blue blade/etc. Except in PSO2, the weapons actually change visually besides just a color swap. Which is nice.

As an aside, I find it odd that I can't find any sort of guide in PSO-W that shows the progression of PSO's normal, non-rare weapons as far as colors/names go.

Tails_night
Feb 16, 2012, 09:02 AM
I'd also lke to see the staff from Necromancer... but most importantly.... I hope cheese-kun makes it back and stays in the english release.

ClothoBuer
Feb 16, 2012, 12:27 PM
Lots of people making mention to CQC weapons, so why not punch daggers/katars? And in respect to using legs as attack options, bootblades. You could have the punch daggers and bootblades as an individual item, and various PAs that make use of full body assaults.

As for what I'd like to see, I'm already liking the Wiredlance concept, but I'd love to see a Bit/Funnel (http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Universal_Century_Weapons#Funnels_and_Bits )-type weapon, or even an evolution ability for MAGs. The latter being the more preferable, since you can keep your current weapon to attack with, and deploy your MAG at the same time.

lostinseganet
Feb 16, 2012, 05:25 PM
I would like to see more earth based weapons and spells. Perhaps heavenly death raining from the sky in various ways.

NoiseHERO
Feb 16, 2012, 05:39 PM
Yeah, they need more light attack techs (That don't have stupid circumstances needed to be useful, and that aren't weak as hell)

More Rapture lasers of light raining from the sky and Stardust explosions.

Did they even turn that one ball of light that made you fall asleep, that monsters in PSU used, into an attack TECH?

Or stuff like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNgZXjwWzyc

Spinning towers of light, pushing giant walls of light with your mind or something. D:

moorebounce
Feb 16, 2012, 06:05 PM
I find it odd that I can't find any sort of guide in PSO-W that shows the progression of PSO's normal, non-rare weapons as far as colors/names go.

You'd have to have ownership of a PSO guide book for that. I still have my PSU guide book but can't seem to find my PSO book. I'm surprised I haven't seen scans of the book on the internet somewhere. I haven't actually tried to look for one for that matter.

JC10001
Feb 16, 2012, 06:13 PM
Dual Crossbows :)

Serephim
Feb 16, 2012, 06:23 PM
PSO's weapon progression:

Green > Blue > Purple > Red > Yellow.

PSO2's (i guess?) weapon progression as of the alpha:

Green > Blue > Multi-shaded blue > some other model. I dont know if the other models function like PSU's "A-Rank" weapons which all have different models or not. But along with the color progression of the weapons, they also changed in form slightly but nicely.

It should be noted, in PSO, along with the color progression, certian aspects of the weapons would also increase. I know for ranged weapons, their auto-targeting radius and range would increase as the color grade did, which made it far easier to shoot things.

I never noticed this until recent playthroughs.

NoiseHERO
Feb 16, 2012, 06:37 PM
PSU was Red handle > Blue handle > Green handle > Yellow handle > Orange handle > Purple handle (You could compare the colors to the 6 elements... but then Neutral Green is replacing Light Tan... I guess)

Then into the A ranks it was a new form + Silver handle > Black handle > Navy handle (Why end it off with dark blue/navy I dunno... weirdos.)

The S ranks consisted of Power Rangers/Kamen rider weapons, Monster sex toys, Weaboo swords and golden chinese statues.

Serephim
Feb 16, 2012, 07:26 PM
and a shitload of bloom

Alnet
Feb 16, 2012, 07:39 PM
As for what I'd like to see, I'm already liking the Wiredlance concept, but I'd love to see a Bit/Funnel (http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Universal_Century_Weapons#Funnels_and_Bits )-type weapon, or even an evolution ability for MAGs. The latter being the more preferable, since you can keep your current weapon to attack with, and deploy your MAG at the same time.

I think that'd make a phenomenal Force-use ranged weapon, if it were to just be an individual weapon class. Bits and Funnels are controlled mentally, after all, so give them to the ones with the greatest psychic powers. I imagine that it'd have long range, variable accuracy, and relatively low damage, but maybe devour PP like proverbial popcorn by taking a chunk for each one firing (and they're meant to rapid fire from a variety of angles, so the damage adds up quickly). PAs could involve firing formations, like surrounding the enemy from all sides, or forming a line in front of the user and mowing down targets.

Or maybe I'm taking this hypothetical a bit too far.

Kent
Feb 17, 2012, 01:20 AM
Yeah, they need more light attack techs (That don't have stupid circumstances needed to be useful, and that aren't weak as hell)

More Rapture lasers of light raining from the sky and Stardust explosions.

Did they even turn that one ball of light that made you fall asleep, that monsters in PSU used, into an attack TECH?

Or stuff like this!

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix Sora VS Roxas - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNgZXjwWzyc)

Spinning towers of light, pushing giant walls of light with your mind or something. D:
I always thought of Light and Dark elements getting one single technique each in their elements, Grants and Megid, was somewhat-poetic. As in, these two very basic forces are very incredibly powerful and not so mundane as fire, ice and lightning, so there is only one powerful, iconic technique for each of them.

"Powerful" being not-as-correct as it should be. I would be more than okay with Grants being a slow-casting massive light-elemental nuke that is incredibly powerful, but also incredibly costly (in addition to casting speed) - likewise, Megid could be something similar, though I have a personal distaste for instant-death attacks in games (it could hit as a linear projectile rather than a Zonde-like targeted AOE blast, which I would assume Grants would, and only have a chance of instant-killing enemies that are really low on HP anyway).

So really, from a fluff perspective, I'm okay with Light and Dark being more "high concept" elements and only getting one attack technique each... As long as said attack is useful.

...Of course, that's not to say that I wouldn't mind having a Light technique that functioned like Panzer Dragoon-style lock-on lasers. That would actually be pretty awesome (especially if you had to go into TPS view aiming to manually acquire targets).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqKUu9QwR2o

Omega-z
Feb 17, 2012, 12:37 PM
It look's a lot like Na-Grants to me.?

ClothoBuer
Feb 17, 2012, 01:53 PM
I think that'd make a phenomenal Force-use ranged weapon, if it were to just be an individual weapon class. Bits and Funnels are controlled mentally, after all, so give them to the ones with the greatest psychic powers. I imagine that it'd have long range, variable accuracy, and relatively low damage, but maybe devour PP like proverbial popcorn by taking a chunk for each one firing (and they're meant to rapid fire from a variety of angles, so the damage adds up quickly). PAs could involve firing formations, like surrounding the enemy from all sides, or forming a line in front of the user and mowing down targets.

Or maybe I'm taking this hypothetical a bit too far.

Rather than making it a class-specific, make it a racial ability, Newmans or Casts. A RAcast with some massive Strike Freedom-esque wings that would deploy would be so freaking awesome.

And there is no 'too far' when it comes to concepts and ideas, because you have to make them practical by finding out where the impracticality lies.

SilverFoxR
Feb 18, 2012, 12:33 AM
Sorry, been a while since I've been able to log on...

But, why put the handgun weapon type in the game at all if it's going to be obsolete compared to every other gun model?

Basicly, other than for collector's purposes, why obtain a useless weapon? And by that logic, why even have it made in the game. Why waste devellopment time on a weapon set that is useless by comparison?

Would it not be better overall to have a wider variety of weaponry that, may not be realisticly balanced, but rather evenly-matched with playstyle being the difference? That way, someone who likes big, meaty attacks would choose one weapon type (IE: Sword type) while someone else would like mobility and combo capability (IE: Daggers) and yet another preferring a balance between the two (IE: Sabers)?

That way, instead of having useless weapon styles, we get variety of playstyles and therefore appeal to more audiences.

Like someone said before, this isn't real life we're talking about - we're talking about a Sci-fi/Fantasy-based video game series.

Serephim
Feb 18, 2012, 01:58 AM
I always thought of Light and Dark elements getting one single technique each in their elements, Grants and Megid, was somewhat-poetic. As in, these two very basic forces are very incredibly powerful and not so mundane as fire, ice and lightning, so there is only one powerful, iconic technique for each of them.

This.

I actually preferred this method. They were both pretty situational spells and rare to find at that. Not to mention, they were Force exclusive. It was a sort of gameplay thing that actually tied into the story very well. The only "Dark" monsters in the game were the final bosses. There are no "light enemies" in the game, probably for obvious reasons. Enemies had differing "Light Resistance", but the only attacks in the entire game that could exploit this were Grants and Mag Blasts, which aside from a few endgame weapons were potentially the strongest moves in the game.

Grants and Megid were technically supposed to be Obliteration techniques. They didn't have any form other than "i use this, you're supposed to die". One was Single-target with a high attack base. The other one was a "curse" that didn't even do damage -- it just murdered your ass.

IMO, they completely lose both their story precedence AND their power impact when they're made into an actual attack class, rather than an entirely situational one-hitter-quitter move. I think it works best that Light/Dark resistance stay somewhat hidden elements. Light Element attacks should stay exclusive to final bosses and Forces. Dark element attacks should stay exclusive to....Final Bosses and forces, and the occasional Ruins level that's seething with dark enemies to begin with.

But most importantly, i think they should both retain their own attacking form, both being high-cost > High-Reward spells. Grants can stay the "INDIGNATION" (you probably aren't going to live.) move of Phantasy Star, while Megid should stay either the "Okay look im tired of your ass...." (for Forces vs enemies) move, or the "HOLY FUCK RUN" (for Enemies vs players) move of the series.

Kent
Feb 18, 2012, 08:28 PM
I think that especially with the new engine being used, they could re-interpret at least Grants to work differently while still feeling like the Grants we've always known.

In PSO, Grants is described as numerous arrows of light raining down on the target... So why not make that the actual effect? As in, numerous bolts of light rain down on the target some of them also hitting things near the target), followed by one big one that comes straight down on it that deals a bunch of damage at once (compared to the numerous ones preceding it) with some splash damage on it.

Maybe if they were feeling like making it truly something outstanding, then it could be an ability that uses all of your remaining PP, and deals damage based on how much it used. That could make for an interesting, if incredibly situational technique.

Serephim
Feb 18, 2012, 08:36 PM
yeah i think both grants and megid should definitely be 100% PP skills.

Of course we've all but confirmed a Ra/Gi/Whatever class of them, so i guess we'll just be shooting sleep balls and infection orbs again.

NoiseHERO
Feb 18, 2012, 08:55 PM
FINE! IF NO ONE WANTS GIANT DEATH BEAMS OF LIGHT FROM THE HEAVENS RIPPING DARK FALZ TO SHREDS BECAUSE THEY'RE USED TO USING GRANTS ONCE A DAY, FINE!

See if I care!

Hmph!

Eluvion
Feb 22, 2012, 01:56 PM
I'd like to see a series similar to the yasminkov series of "archaic" guns. There was nothing more satisfying than the sound those boys made when you fired em

Serephim
Feb 22, 2012, 02:53 PM
FINE! IF NO ONE WANTS GIANT DEATH BEAMS OF LIGHT FROM THE HEAVENS RIPPING DARK FALZ TO SHREDS BECAUSE THEY'RE USED TO USING GRANTS ONCE A DAY, FINE!

See if I care!

Hmph!

Nobody cares if Grants does that, its just the fact that it used to mean something back when using it too much required an early trip to the store for more fluids.

But since all you have to do is run around on PSO2 to get your magic back.....

Alnet
Feb 23, 2012, 11:05 AM
Rather than making it a class-specific, make it a racial ability, Newmans or Casts. A RAcast with some massive Strike Freedom-esque wings that would deploy would be so freaking awesome.

And there is no 'too far' when it comes to concepts and ideas, because you have to make them practical by finding out where the impracticality lies.

Hah, that would be kinda cool. If they planned on doing collaboration with Bandai, they could make a Parts set that looks like Strike Freedom and give it the Combined Rifle as an Assault Rifle (since there's no dual-wielding rifles here). Or Destiny parts with Arondight as a Sword.

... I don't even like SEED Destiny, so what am I getting excited about, lol.

In any case, I only meant "taking it too far" as in since I don't expect them to implement this idea, I shouldn't spend too much energy on thinking about it. Thinking of stuff like the Bits' actual weapon models could depend on what outfit you're wearing, despite their weapon stats being tied to your level (you have to deploy them from somewhere, after all). I suppose that would make sense if you're wearing Strike Freedom wings and can design your body to have hardpoints all over it as a Cast, but that can cause trouble for humanoids, having to mount those things all over their costume. It'd be both practically and aesthetically unsound...

Esther Reagan
Feb 25, 2012, 07:14 AM
Well since they made a Gunslash this game, why not make:
Spellsword. It would be kinda cool if you could cast spells with a sword and be able to slash with it as well.

I dont know how you would mix a range and force into one weapon but I'm still racking my brain on it. XD

PepperCat
Feb 25, 2012, 11:26 AM
Twin Sabres, they were my favorite in PSU and I feel that they fit the fast paced dynamic gameplay of PSO2.

NoiseHERO
Feb 25, 2012, 11:29 AM
Or a handgun that shoots basic techs would be cool. They could be faster but you can't charge them or something. And cost PP to use.

Wait that'd be like PSO's special attack/PSU's element bullets...

BUT IT COULD LOOK COOLER!

Fangless
Feb 25, 2012, 12:02 PM
Personally I'd like to see a few things that haven't really been done in a ton of games before. Like maybe some kind of shoulder mounted cannon, or like an X-Men-esque Cyclops eye beam weapon.

Esther Reagan
Feb 25, 2012, 12:50 PM
Or a handgun that shoots basic techs would be cool. They could be faster but you can't charge them or something. And cost PP to use.

Wait that'd be like PSO's special attack/PSU's element bullets...

BUT IT COULD LOOK COOLER!

Well you could have them shoot only the skill shot (straight line) spells like zonde or megid. But I don't think those would be necessary since they already have the elemental bullets. Even so, it'd be nice to see them get really unique for hybrid classes.

Also, I would like to see some sort of a shield weapon that increases defense rather than strength. It could really pave the way to a pure tank class, which would be a first for PSO and PSU alike. I believe Wartecher had the highest combined base defensive stats in PSU and that class was very rarely used.

8BitGinno
Feb 25, 2012, 10:24 PM
I sort of like the idea of having musical instrument weapons, heh.

In look or, even better, in function would be neat. Could potentially make support techs more effective? Just throwing out random ideas, because I want some more instruments weps! :D

NoiseHERO
Feb 25, 2012, 11:39 PM
A guitar that works well with lightning techs!

ARASHIKAGE
Feb 26, 2012, 12:17 AM
Omg this is so fun -hehe-! OK lets see my favorite weapon that must be returning to PSO2 -hehe so excited- um would have to be... Well yeah, OK yeah I would most defiantly want to see Photon Sabers.

And if not that then a water balloon launching weapon that you fill will water balloons but I would be all super creative and stick my water balloons in the freezer for a few minutes so that they would get nice and cold.
The; Boomas, Wolves, Rappies, Gulgus, Moths, Bears, Bartles, Lillies, Vulmurs, Assassins, Sharks, Gillchics, Gillchichs, Canadines, Canabins, Shinows, Garanz, Baranz, Dimenians, Arlans, Del-Ds, Belras, Sorcerers, Bringers, Delbiters, Deldepths, Domdarls, Dolmolms, Morfos, Recons, and others Shinows will be like: "ah wth those water balloons are cold." Well at least the Rappies might say that... or the player dressed as a Rappy might say that.
But more in the way the doctor in "Fake In Yellow" was blending in with the Rappy community and less like the annoying kid from PSU, running around chirping. And although you like the company you begin to realizes there's really no business having a party of six on any mission of PSU.
...Wait none of those enemies -excluding Rappies- are returning in PSO2? Kind of like how PSZ had all their creatures die off. Are they ever going to explain the gaps between these games? And how can Rappies and sometimes Boomas be native to every planet? So many questions with little in the way of answers...
Speaking of timelines, why would anyone want to play a prequel to a game that by all rights damaged the Phantasy Star franchise and community? That's like standing in line to watch a prequel to the Star Wars Phantom Menace. (Although I stand by my analogy, I realize that yes I would stand in line to watch a that prequel) OK point withdrawn!

Photon Saber

Lucky 777
Feb 28, 2012, 12:25 AM
I sort of like the idea of having musical instrument weapons, heh.

In look or, even better, in function would be neat. Could potentially make support techs more effective? Just throwing out random ideas, because I want some more instruments weps! :D

I agree full-heartedly with this. I freaking LOVE music based weapons and attacks!

Personally I'd want more unique weapon classes for Forces that are useful. It gets a little stale only using Rods and Wands all the time. I'd also like to see the Card class return and not suck like previous series.

Randomness
Feb 28, 2012, 12:35 AM
I agree full-heartedly with this. I freaking LOVE music based weapons and attacks!

Personally I'd want more unique weapon classes for Forces that are useful. It gets a little stale only using Rods and Wands all the time. I'd also like to see the Card class return and not suck like previous series.

>.> PSU cards were actually good (Homing! Triple hit! Double-shot glitch!)

Lucky 777
Feb 28, 2012, 12:39 AM
They weren't bad in PSU but I felt like they paled in comparison to other ranged weaponry.

FOkyasuta
Feb 28, 2012, 12:48 AM
>.> PSU cards were actually good (Homing! Triple hit! Double-shot glitch!)
I agree with this. Fun times with *twitch* cards. 3 Rush!

NoiseHERO
Feb 28, 2012, 01:03 AM
Make cards like gambit-shuriken thingies, where you just throw a few of em at a time rapidly with style.

Maybe give em a high crit rate or a status effect rate.

Use em as entry/escape weapons. (Debuff dot enemies before you waste em. Or run away while spamming them using their speed like people used to do with twin handguns.)

But then they'd still be more force/subclass focused where a full ranger might not need em as much.

Well I can imagine cards being this cool, since they made all the other weapons types so fast paced and stylish now.

Kent
Feb 28, 2012, 05:28 PM
Forces making things explode, fighting in melee with a staff, and at range by throwing cards?

Let's hope they can use double-sabers, since they'd be more appropriate than those silly rods.

MegaZoneXE
Apr 25, 2012, 03:21 AM
This
[spoiler-box]
http://i48.tinypic.com/6hrpjt.jpg[/spoiler-box]

GrandTickler
Apr 25, 2012, 03:27 AM
spread type guns letting u lock on multiple targets at once, pretty much same as psobb ;p

Angelo
Apr 25, 2012, 04:51 AM
I'm gonna bet that Lavis Cannon becomes a gunblade that can switch to shoot the light blasts.

Konflyk
Apr 25, 2012, 05:33 AM

They already did, Sword Rain is in the game.

Didn't finish reading all the pages, but why haven't I seen magic casting melee weapons yet? Like that one slicer from PSO that could fire Foie, Barta, Zonde, Grants.

Some type of amplifying crystal ball of some sort, it would be unable to be used for melee, but would have a better bonus to MST than wands traditionally do. That's all I can think of that I haven't seen yet.

Hopefully Sega makes true subclasses of weapons this time, instead of reskinning as usual, ex. Soul Eater/Banish being Partizan instead of Scythe. Also pretty sure they made Soul Eater in that bad PS game swing as a sword. (I refuse to acknowledge the existance of "that" PS game)

Archandes
Apr 25, 2012, 06:26 AM
spread type guns letting u lock on multiple targets at once, pretty much same as psobb ;p

Rifle have that skill, it cost 40 pp and let you lock multiple target then release the homing beam.

I'd say Dual pistol and sniper rifle. Sniper rifle reduce the movement while shooting, and it's only shoot 2 bullet instead of 3. The skillset is focusing on piercing round and single target.

Dual pistol act like gunslash, the difference is you must hold the shift button in order to do melee, while it can be combined between melee and ranged atk. The skill set is focused on mid to close range aoe.

ryuchibe
Apr 25, 2012, 09:00 AM

That would be great for my Cammy Character.

Angelo
Apr 25, 2012, 09:22 AM
I don't know if I mentioned hammers yet, but hammers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUshWklMrZk

Please hammers.

Drifting Fable
Apr 25, 2012, 09:47 AM
Welp since this thread got necroed....^^;

I like to think of myself as one a the few die hard supporters for iaido katanas. They would essentially be the machine gun of blade weapons. Boasting a flurry of speed and great crowd controlling but lacking the the beefy attack power per swing of the Hunter's main sword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYf-4VOcOJE

Clessy
Apr 25, 2012, 11:33 AM
How about a normal fucking saber. What happened to those?

Taitu
Apr 25, 2012, 11:48 AM
Gundams. /topic

djizomdjinn
Apr 25, 2012, 12:20 PM
Pile Bunkers. Because nothing says pain like an explosively-driven 40 kilogram spike.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 25, 2012, 02:25 PM
Welp since this thread got necroed....^^;

I like to think of myself as one a the few die hard supporters for iaido katanas. They would essentially be the machine gun of blade weapons. Boasting a flurry of speed and great crowd controlling but lacking the the beefy attack power per swing of the Hunter's main sword.

S4 League = ValianT Verse = Katana Montage [SlayeZ] 1080p Pro HD - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYf-4VOcOJE)

it's funny because in s4 league katanas actually suck a lot. sigma is a much more aggressive, powerful, overall useful weapon.

in melee only, BOTH suck though. i'm talking about using them in guns matches since most don't carry counter sword, or can't switch to it fast enough in guns. sigma the 2h sword can unescapable combo most players to death from 100% hp with a max hit rolling attack + swing at the end.

ultimately that game turned to garbage after everybody started buying ap but from time to time i still play it just because at the core it's probably the best game i've ever played that's player vs player.

good thing pso2 is here to save the day now

Mega Ultra Chicken
Apr 25, 2012, 05:18 PM
I'm hoping that Wired Lances do not completely replace Daggers. Maybe they won't, seeing how Wired Lances aren't quite as fast and how they seem to be more of a mid-range weapon while Daggers are a very close-range weapon. Once/If Daggers come out, Maz will be a Dagger man like in PSU.

I'm also waiting to see if they'll make a weapon to fill in the void left by Shots/Shotguns/Spread Needle. Maybe Shotguns could work as a close to mid-range option for Rangers?

Does anyone think they'll have Claws in this game if Wired Lances have a superficial resemblance to them? If so, then will Sega find a new way to differentiate them from Daggers, Twin Sabers, and Wired Lances like they did with Cards and Rods?

As for Double Sabers... how will they fare if Partisans have a spin block? Then again, Double Sabers always had more hits per attack than Partisans, so there is that. That and Double Sabers involve a lot of spinning.

Will Twin Sabers exist? Will they be changed to Twin Gunslashes instead if Sabers no longer exist?

But so far, I'm loving their new take on Grenades (Launchers) and Rifles, although the latter seems a bit underpowered. Swords are Swords, Gunslashes are a great compromise for Hunters that need a Handgun and Rangers/Forces that need a Saber, and Partisans seem promising, especially since they have a unique block. Rods are even cooler and Cards' unique function seems very useful for AoE Techs.

NoiseHERO
Apr 25, 2012, 05:22 PM
^
Daggers were found in the datamining, not sure how they'll work but they seem to be a seperate weapon.

Both daggers, Fists, double sabers, machine gun(or was it twin machine gun) and I think wand. were found, 7 PAs for each.

Dying to see fists... hoping they're not sock'em boppers as usual.

Kinaya
Apr 25, 2012, 05:36 PM
Nice i love daggers and double sabers :D

keizeh
Apr 25, 2012, 05:55 PM
I don't SEGA is stupid enough to not simply have the classic weapon types as rares .weapon/weapon type and then balance it so it's better than modern weapons to compensate for their rarity and to provide an incentive to actually use them.
They already have a plethora of modern PA's to choose from for virtually every single weapon type already, so it would not be particularly difficult to implement them.

goldwing
Apr 25, 2012, 09:17 PM
The more i play the more i want twin hand guns. Ik its very unlikely but i can dream

MAXrobo
Apr 25, 2012, 09:30 PM
I want the Axe from PSU back, the sword in this game is far too fast and weak looking :P

also some sort of laser cannon for rangers, like in PSZ. a heavy weapon with piercing.

kdrakari
Apr 25, 2012, 11:55 PM
I want the real rifles back. The current assault rifle is too close to the PSO mechgun for me, but the launcher is too slow.

I think the gunslash is fine as-is, or maybe with a few more ranged PAs (Though I don't have everything so maybe there are more than just charged shot).

I'd also like to see weapons to branch the other classes as well, so that rangers and hunters could have some techniques available. Might ruin the balance though, what with PP regenerating so fast everybody could have Resta and never need mates... Not sure.

Demon-
Apr 26, 2012, 12:32 AM
I'd like to see everything from previous games of course but these are the weapons I really want to see make a return.

Knuckles
Double Sabers
Twin Sabers
Twin Daggers
Shotguns
Cannons
Twin Machine Guns

~Inu~
Apr 26, 2012, 12:39 AM
I'd like to see the L&K38 (Or just a Minigun) in PSO2, or maybe one of those Gatling Lasers from Fallout: New Vegas.

jmanx
Apr 26, 2012, 12:45 AM
double gunslash

man i lold so hard

@rock that'd be even more interesting if they made a weapon that was two types of melee instead of a melee/far range like gunslash. detachable bostaff could be cool

God Tier

Reia
Apr 26, 2012, 02:19 AM
I'm a RAmarl Player so I give out my opinion about guns that could be introduced. Not adding SMGs or Shotguns since they are confirmed to be in by the Datamining thread.

Shoulder Mounted:
Railgun: Chargable attack, instant speed bullet, probable blast AoE. Multifiring PAs, Homing shot PA that lets you lock on a single target as it charges, an overcharge PA that let it charge up to 3 status and do a massive shot, a PA that fires vertically and do a bombardment. Can stack with Jellen Shot.
Laser gun: Pierce attack, Hold, slowly drains PP as using, PAs can include a horizontal slash like a giant sword, a concentrated beam shot, a Fire ground 360° AoE move and a Chargable attack.

Iron Sight:
Sniper Rifle: Fast bullet, can scope (in TPS view), has high damage per hit PAs, Stationary while scoping and shooting and reload every 3 shots, can't shoot while jumping, long intervals between shots, can use weak shot (the main deal of this gun, weak shot fades after an amount of hits so its a weapon with high single hit damage). A PA that makes a Pierce gun shot (linear pierce), a Shot that Risk itself to be a critical higher but 1 damage if it dont succeed, A ducking stance PA that increase the variant of headshot damage and like the gunslash a skill with a fixed range while it toss a grenade and snipes it.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 26, 2012, 02:28 AM
I'm a RAmarl Player so I give out my opinion about guns that could be introduced. Not adding SMGs or Shotguns since they are confirmed to be in by the Datamining thread.

Shoulder Mounted:
Railgun: Chargable attack, instant speed bullet, probable blast AoE. Multifiring PAs, Homing shot PA that lets you lock on a single target as it charges, an overcharge PA that let it charge up to 3 status and do a massive shot, a PA that fires vertically and do a bombardment. Can stack with Jellen Shot.
Laser gun: Pierce attack, Hold, slowly drains PP as using, PAs can include a horizontal slash like a giant sword, a concentrated beam shot, a Fire ground 360° AoE move and a Chargable attack.

Iron Sight:
Sniper Rifle: Fast bullet, can scope (in TPS view), has high damage per hit PAs, Stationary while scoping and shooting and reload every 3 shots, can't shoot while jumping, long intervals between shots, can use weak shot. A PA that makes a Pierce gun shot (linear pierce), a Shot that Risk itself to be a critical higher but 1 damage if it dont succeed, A ducking stance PA that increase the variant of headshot damage and like the gunslash a skill with a fixed range while it toss a grenade and snipes it.

damn this sounds sweet. i like the ducking stance idea the most.

Fujiko
Apr 26, 2012, 02:35 AM
I want to see Heaven Punisher return, complete with Beat time limitations :D

Also Heart of Poumn and Nei's Claw or just claws in general (not twin).

Oh and the Yasminkov series!

Reia
Apr 26, 2012, 02:43 AM
My bombardment PA idea was based on the heaven punisher, I prefer that ability return as a PA that ask like 40 PP to use. Finally about the sniper I was thinking how they can make the scoping I was thinking something like, You hold your click to scope in an FPS view and release it to pull the trigger, when you hold it again you can just attack, since it return to TPS view to see the just attack ring and while you scope the FPS view won't allow you to see your sorroundings and scoping will be cancelled if you get hit so better watch the radar, as for the normal view it will get an autoaim that generally aims to the torso, like most of this weapons, since you can't fire while jumping with it, it wont allow you to autoaim the head's vulnerable part on bosses neither the enemies' heads.

Skye-Fox713
Apr 26, 2012, 02:59 AM
Well it may not be a new weapon I would like to see a bull-pup style rifle.

TelleT
Apr 26, 2012, 03:11 AM
Yes Please! :D
http://images.wikia.com/phantasystar/images/2/2f/Spread_needle.jpg

Enforcer MKV
Apr 26, 2012, 03:19 AM
Well it may not be a new weapon I would like to see a bull-pup style rifle.

IIRC, I remember seeing a bullpup style rifle drop in caves. it wasn't as good as my current weapon, but I do remember it's design stood out in my head. Also, it was speckled orange.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 26, 2012, 03:19 AM
Whips would be fun to use in this game adding the jumping ability with it...

IIRC, I remember seeing a bullpup style rifle drop in caves. it wasn't as good as my current weapon, but I do remember it's design stood out in my head. Also, it was speckled orange.

Either I just have bad luck....I dont see good rifles in the beta :/ OR atleast not the 4 star one (if there is) anyway

Enforcer MKV
Apr 26, 2012, 03:52 AM
Either I just have bad luck....I dont see good rifles in the beta :/ OR atleast not the 4 star one (if there is) anyway

I've only found the one. Then again, that was late last night, maybe about...2 hours before maintenance, and I've only been in caves today, really, so I might have just gotten lucky. I'll be sure to catch a screenshot of it if I find another one.

djizomdjinn
Apr 26, 2012, 04:56 AM
I'd like to see the L&K38 (Or just a Minigun) in PSO2, or maybe one of those Gatling Lasers from Fallout: New Vegas.

Yes. So very yes. And full automatic please, I don't care if I can't do Just Attacks, I want to hold down the trigger and watch things die.

Dinosaur
Apr 26, 2012, 05:27 AM
Oh and the Yasminkov series!

That's a good bet
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/pso20120204_040201_344.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Aki03
Apr 26, 2012, 06:16 AM
Claws or some weapons for the legs xD
Double-Sabers
Rods
Daggers
Twin Sabers
Cannons (like Guilty Light from PSO)
Sniper Rifles (like the standard rifles for PSO-Rangers)
Katanas (Agito : 3)

I would like to see some old PSO-weapons like the Guilty Light, Double Saber / Twin Brand, Flowens Sword, DBs Saber, Varista but also normal weapons like the standard rifles and mechguns from PSO : D

The gunslash/gunblade could be a replacement of the handguns and sabers, because every class can use them. But I hope the bring handguns and sabers as a own weapon type.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Apr 26, 2012, 07:46 AM
^
Daggers were found in the datamining, not sure how they'll work but they seem to be a seperate weapon.

Both daggers, Fists, double sabers, machine gun(or was it twin machine gun) and I think wand. were found, 7 PAs for each.

Dying to see fists... hoping they're not sock'em boppers as usual....Huh. Maybe I shouldn't have doubted they would include one of their most iconic weapon types. Foolish Chicken, you are a fool.

Fists were pretty cool too. Maybe a bit oversized, but still cool. We could use some more streamlined designs, though.

Mechguns too? Looks like Maz has a choice to make... or I could just buy another skill tree. Or make a Mechgun-using character.

moorebounce
May 6, 2012, 04:26 AM
Claws or some weapons for the legs xD
Double-Sabers
Rods
Daggers
Twin Sabers
Cannons (like Guilty Light from PSO)
Sniper Rifles (like the standard rifles for PSO-Rangers)
Katanas (Agito : 3)

I would like to see some old PSO-weapons like the Guilty Light, Double Saber / Twin Brand, Flowens Sword, DBs Saber, Varista but also normal weapons like the standard rifles and mechguns from PSO : D

The gunslash/gunblade could be a replacement of the handguns and sabers, because every class can use them. But I hope the bring handguns and sabers as a own weapon type.

I stumbled onto this pic looking for a PSU rappy suit pic. If Infinity had this. (and it sure looks like something out of PSO2) Then I'm sure it will make it into PSO2.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 6, 2012, 04:35 AM
I stumbled onto this pic looking for a PSU rappy suit pic. If Infinity had this. (and it sure looks like something out of PSO2) Then I'm sure it will make it into PSO2.
Confused >< They look like sabers yet he's holding them like daggers

g3kko
May 6, 2012, 05:35 AM
Like the Kireek style with the Soul Eater....
i love all kinds of scythes

Goat666
May 6, 2012, 05:53 AM
As long as they add weapon types I'm good, however there is one thing I'd want and that's megadrive ps references. As mentioned, Nei's/rika's claw or whatever, double claws, anything would do. Even weapons designed to just apply status effects would be cool imo (poison/paralyze shot from psII? equippable by forces)

Dark Emerald EXE
May 6, 2012, 05:57 AM
I think the only weapon type I enjoyed from PSU for its uniqueness was the whip.
Hope they bring that back

Ce'Nedra
May 6, 2012, 06:01 AM

They are, there is also a Double Saber version of the same weapon, here's a pic of me holding one.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r160/deathterror/PSP2i/20120316000854.jpg

I'm fine with any weapons as long they release new Lavis type weapons. Gib Lavis Gunslash ;3

Ithildin
May 6, 2012, 06:18 AM
As long as I get my Frozen Sh00ter back I'll be happy.

Fhin
May 6, 2012, 06:20 AM
Twinkle Star and Prophets of Motav have to be in there. :O

Peejay
May 6, 2012, 08:17 AM
I want a shotgun that fires scientists.

moorebounce
May 6, 2012, 08:38 AM

Yeah but they look badass. They just look too big and bulky to work. You would hit your enemies with the handles before the actual photon blade.

darkante
May 6, 2012, 08:39 AM
Fist + Leg weapon style.
That would be interesting.

Claws are always interesting, but i would like too see more thrust motion with them.
Also that claws can get stuck into targets so you could either throw them or hold one claw in place so you could repeately stab the target with the other claw.

Not too fond of PSU´s spinning slash w/e attacks it seemed to have.
Or the frog leaping thing.

Macman
May 6, 2012, 10:54 AM
I want Chain Sawd and that double-saber version of Chain Sawd that's in PSP2i.

Cayenne
May 6, 2012, 11:02 AM
I want a nerf bat

/thread

Chik'Tikka
May 6, 2012, 11:09 AM
something like the launcher, but instead of grenades, it's a giant gat gun+^_^+ spinning barrels and everything, just jump up and "clink, pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,po p,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop, pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,po p,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop, pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop, clink" with it able to continuously shoot until your out of pp if you so chose+^_^+

NoiseHERO
May 6, 2012, 11:11 AM
FISTS

I know they're coming.

But I wanna @#!%ing SEE THEM!!

catwat
May 6, 2012, 12:59 PM
spread needle and mech guns

stheno
May 6, 2012, 02:48 PM
I want Sigh of a God (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=259) to use on the desert map against all the mechs.

Macman
May 6, 2012, 03:22 PM
something like the launcher, but instead of grenades, it's a giant gat gun
Like this?
http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2531&sortby=name
I'll admit, it was fun to use then.

darkante
May 6, 2012, 03:42 PM
Specially when it get its combo unlocked on the unmentionable servers. :)

Rath-Kun
May 6, 2012, 03:43 PM
I saw that today while playing PSOBB, a minigun would be sex and a half in PSO2.

darkante
May 6, 2012, 03:44 PM
That and rocket launchers. ^^

Rei-San
May 6, 2012, 04:15 PM
Unique weapon. Like they function differently and have their own PA.

A katana class. Like it has its own sheath that the weapon interacts with. If you've played bayonetta and used shubura you should know what I'm talking about.

Longbows as a force weapon

Slicers as they were in PSZ

Whips, acts as a force-only wired lance

PSU's Shotguns with PSO's feel/damage (What ever that means). I think I mean I dont want them huge like they were in PSO, but I want them to function like they do in PSO

Twin Dagger's and Twin Sabers.

I also want as many PSO bb weapons to come back as possible.

zOObie1
May 6, 2012, 05:31 PM
I would like to see Parasol type special weapons to come back. :D

goldwing
May 6, 2012, 07:28 PM
I would like to see Parasol type special weapons to come back. :D

now that would be nice

Dan Maku
May 6, 2012, 08:54 PM
Dual-wielded mechguns, like in PSO1.

Also, muskets with bayonetts on the end. Think Magoichi Saika from Samurai Warriors.

HUmar Darkedge
May 6, 2012, 09:14 PM
Fist+Leg weapons.

Basically, your both referring to a fighting style like Bayonetta[SEGA].

2nd: Thought the "gunslash" was referred to as the gunblade.
Hell, it adds more ring than "slash".

About the arm-leg weapons, maybe, unarmed combat(Brave Knuckle, God Hand)[PSO].
Or a remake of the S. Berils Hands to fit with legs, as well as the hands.

Peejay
May 6, 2012, 09:19 PM
Trying to narrow it down to another SEGA title is silly. If we did that for everything, I should be able to build and summon a Hound.

There's actual martial arts styles that revolve entirely around kicks. It wouldn't be hard to make Greave-weapons, either.

HUmar Darkedge
May 6, 2012, 09:27 PM
Ik there are kick-reliable martial arts.
There are many types of arts.
-Such as using the elbows and knees
-Capoeira
-Mao Gong
-Some that alters moves to aid the actual attack. (MMA)

Who said i was narrowing it. Just reminded me of the ice skates and flame/lightning fangs(claws).

Chik'Tikka
May 6, 2012, 09:53 PM

2nd: Thought the "gunslash" was referred to as the gunblade.
Hell, it adds more ring than "slash".

About the arm-leg weapons, maybe, unarmed combat(Brave Knuckle, God Hand)[PSO].
Or a remake of the S. Berils Hands to fit with legs, as well as the hands.

Gunblade "may be" ® by SquareEnix+^_^+ gunslash isnt though+^_^+

Pyrii
May 6, 2012, 10:55 PM
Me and a couple of my friends miss whips. It would certainly make some unique gameplay. Not quite melee but not quite ranged. Much like the wired-lance except hopefully a little less up-close-and-personal.

Chik'Tikka
May 6, 2012, 11:28 PM
Me and a couple of my friends miss whips. It would certainly make some unique gameplay. Not quite melee but not quite ranged. Much like the wired-lance except hopefully a little less up-close-and-personal.

+^_^+ im using a whip right now on PSU+^_^+ though the fast paced TPS mechanics of PSO2 would make them challenging to put in+^_^+

goldwing
May 6, 2012, 11:31 PM
+^_^+ im using a whip right now on PSU+^_^+ though the fast paced TPS mechanics of PSO2 would make them challenging to put in+^_^+
they can always speed up whips but the closest things to whips would be wired lances ill b useing them till twin daggers come out... if they come out with it.

Nurusanura
May 6, 2012, 11:36 PM
A unique weapon to me would be a yo-yo. Lol but the wired lances are practically the same thing. If they made a yo-yo model that would be so badass. Lol gotta love Bridget! <3

darkante
May 7, 2012, 01:31 AM
Yesh whips would be nice as long as they are alot faster.
Trying them out in PSP2I is a frigging pain with the slow speed and almost no staggering easy lunch if you solo. And the damage is sad.

Either i were using them wrong or they just sucked.

Slicer would be a nice addition too, love how they worked in PSO.

Nurusanura
May 7, 2012, 02:06 AM
I never had the luxury of playing PSP2i heheh but whips sound hot! Oh baby. Yes i know im saying this out loud heheh

Chik'Tikka
May 7, 2012, 02:15 AM
they are actually quite good on PSU+^_^+ sort of an area of effect wepeon, this video is years old and the character he's using is quite weak, my whip with my 180 Acro hits 1500 per hit on S3 de ragon+^_^+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okbo0x0lViY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okbo0x0lViY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG2t-D2SaLs&feature=related]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG2t-D2SaLs&feature=related

Zekester
May 7, 2012, 02:39 AM
KNUCKLES!!

Forever obsessed with them in PSU. I hope they make a return.

darkante
May 7, 2012, 06:34 AM
they are actually quite good on PSU+^_^+ sort of an area of effect wepeon, this video is years old and the character he's using is quite weak, my whip with my 180 Acro hits 1500 per hit on S3 de ragon+^_^+
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okbo0x0lViY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG2t-D2SaLs&feature=related ("http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG2t-D2SaLs&feature=related)

Yeah, they are meant to be used by acro classes because of the speed.
Pretty good in PSU i admit.
And they are fucking brutal in PSP1 with acromaster class.

Ahh well..it pains me when they destroy perfectly fine weapons.
And instead buff OP shotguns that makes pretty any other weapon look like junk.

Bah..enough of this

Dark Emerald EXE
May 7, 2012, 06:37 AM
Whips had range for a melee weapon and had consecutive damage. Plus solo'n was fun with whips nice crowd control...

Depending on the mobs they shouldn't get into you "safe zone" that being the whips range.

darkante
May 7, 2012, 06:44 AM
Considering how lethal enemies are in PSP2I.
And staggering not really working, you are pretty much screwed if you can´t stun them constantly since they interupt alot.

Particulary Go Vahras, they are on steroids.

goldwing
May 7, 2012, 08:49 AM
A unique weapon to me would be a yo-yo. Lol but the wired lances are practically the same thing. If they made a yo-yo model that would be so badass. Lol gotta love Bridget! <3

When i think of yo-yos i think of acros from flyff

NoiseHERO
May 7, 2012, 08:52 AM

No!

Lucas is the laser yo-yo god!

http://noisehero.deviantart.com/art/Laser-Yo-Yo-s-291882315

goldwing
May 7, 2012, 08:56 AM
No!

Lucas is the laser yo-yo god!

http://noisehero.deviantart.com/art/Laser-Yo-Yo-s-291882315

Wait a secound hes pose to be black!?!? Thats a ba pic no lie

NoiseHERO
May 7, 2012, 09:00 AM
Wait a secound hes pose to be black!?!? Thats a ba pic no lie

Yeah, he's a black kid that fights with laser yo-yo's, but I can't even make him, till I get the GACHA afro...

Also I drew this.

Porkmaster
May 7, 2012, 09:01 AM
That is a pretty awesome picture. But like... even the strings are lasers. How does he prevent the laser strings from cutting off his fingers?

NoiseHERO
May 7, 2012, 09:04 AM
That is a pretty awesome picture. But like... even the strings are lasers. How does he prevent the laser strings from cutting off his fingers?

They don't cut, they're made of internet.

/half serious D:

But seriously they cut through things like butter.

PSO Addict
May 7, 2012, 09:08 AM
I highly approve of laser yo-yos.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 7, 2012, 09:14 AM
I could of sworn I saw whip that was exclusive to JP PSU that resembled a yoyo

Edit: found it
Edit2: Apparently there was a 360 version of it ><
Hurricane Spinner

http://psupedia.info/images/thumb/3/3b/HS.png/180px-HS.png

NoiseHERO
May 7, 2012, 09:17 AM

Hurricane Spinner

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant /drool

/makes JP PSU account just to get that weapon.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 7, 2012, 09:22 AM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant /drool

/makes JP PSU account just to get that weapon.
I was about to say something until I remembered the closing of PC/PS2 server was only for everyone else i think but JPs :o

Chik'Tikka
May 7, 2012, 10:52 AM

Edit2: Apparently there was a 360 version of it ><
Hurricane Spinner

ima search for that when i get home+^_^+ i've never seen it on 360 servers, hopefully it won't be as hard to find as a 10^ De Ragun (http://psupedia.info/De_Ragun)
(only fem cast Acrotecher with a 100% GRM pallet+^_^+ that gonna change though if i find this yo-yo)

Dark Emerald EXE
May 7, 2012, 02:16 PM
That exclusive to the JP PC server according to wiki.....they said they had Xbox 360 equivalent (Stat wise) however....
Wise Plunderer (http://psupedia.info/Wise_Plunderer)
Claims it has the same model type as the Splasher that looks like this
http://psupedia.info/images/thumb/d/dc/Splasher.jpg/180px-Splasher.jpg

I notice that for a few of them....
If it's a JP exclusive version of the weapon....the 360 version although stats are the same...never have the same model type lol

Edit: Although i suppose the real question is does the Wise Plunderer have yoyo when extended

pikachief
May 7, 2012, 02:33 PM
SHOTGUNS!!!! D:

(A Cerebral Bore and Shredder from Turok 2 would be nice too. Considering they're my favorite guns in a video game... oh and the shredder is a shotgun too)

Alucard V
May 7, 2012, 02:43 PM
Egg Blaster or Robopitch Grenade.
If there dropped by Mechs during a Sonic event even better.

stheno
May 7, 2012, 03:11 PM
I saw this on the pso2 uploader and got excited

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up2101.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

But I don't think thats a PSO2 screen :(

Rath-Kun
May 7, 2012, 03:56 PM
Looks like a PSP2 screenshot?

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
May 7, 2012, 04:03 PM
I would really like to see S-Rank Weapons make a return, hopefully with more customization i.e Bullet effects for rifles and shotguns, Sword slashing sounds, color, attribute, effects, etc.

PSO Addict
May 7, 2012, 05:13 PM
I was thinking about S-Rank weapons as they are bringing in a challenge format.

Cayenne
May 7, 2012, 05:19 PM
Has anyone mentioned the frying pan yet?

I loved using that while helping out low level players. So damn funny using it!

Enforcer MKV
May 7, 2012, 05:40 PM
I'm hoping for a C-rank and A-rank Harisen fan.

serenade
May 7, 2012, 06:21 PM
Ultimate Chain (double saber chainsawd)
Crazy Tune
Black King Bar
Entire Agito Series (ala PSO but with a twist. different series could be different weapon types instead of just sabers. short blade daggers, double sabers, swords, etc.)
Twin Blaze
Bringer's Rifle
Anti-Android Rifle
Frozen Shooter
Demonic Fork
Chao Staff
Evil Curst
Spread Needle
Demo Comet
Heaven's Punisher
All The Red Weapons
All The ID Cards
All The Colored Rings
Zanba

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
May 7, 2012, 06:38 PM
Heaven's Punisher

That's my name, don't wear it out XD

It's Heaven Punisher, btw ^^

I also would like to see this weapon in PSO2.

Raging Ghost
May 7, 2012, 07:14 PM
Dual SMGs for hit-and-run attacks. Also, the possibility of pistol-whipping someone.

jmanx
May 7, 2012, 07:50 PM
Why do i not see Light Sabers

PSO Addict
May 7, 2012, 07:54 PM
Tickles.

EmberTurmoil
May 7, 2012, 08:14 PM
Personally i really wanna see daggers, they could fit the weak but fast/multiple hits niche that hunters are missing right now.
Double sabers were interesting too. eh.. knuckles are not really my 'thing'.

Rangers are lacking weapons currently, and i cant think of a thing to get them that would stick out as different from the others. the dual machine guns sound different, but i wonder how much less damage they'll do considering the numbers i see come out of the assault rifle.

I'd like to see wands on forces, focusing on raw magic strength where the other weapons have their niche in partial ranged, and striking respectively.

Taken from Psoblog,
"Anyway so this is the weapon roster so far. Weapons that will be present on release are in bold. Weapons that are datamined but not confirmed weapons are in italics:

Sword
Wired Lance
Double Saber
Knuckles
Twin Daggers
Gunslash
Rifle
Launcher
Twin Machine Guns
Rod
Wand
Talis"

The double saber not being bolded or italicized confuses me, but perhaps i'm reading into it as more than a typo? Probably just means its pure speculation.

That puts hunters at 3-5 weapons
Rangers at 2-3 weapons
Forces at 2-3 weapons
Not including the gunblade.

LokinModar
May 7, 2012, 08:31 PM
i'd like to see the frying pan and the crazy tune, but crazy tune turned into a launcher or a machine gun that shots musical notes towards enemies... ah, and double sabers (double cannon and the original green one, not the vivianne style ones...)

skuld01
May 7, 2012, 08:38 PM
I am so happy if Twin Dagger is confirmed, Twin SMG is cool too.

Rei-San
May 7, 2012, 11:23 PM
Sword
Wired Lance
Double Saber
Knuckles
Twin Daggers
Gunslash
Rifle
Launcher
Twin Machine Guns
Rod
Wand
Talis"

Hmmmm. Now that I look at that list, It looks kinda short compared to what I'm used too. I love what's (sorta)Confirmed, and that recurring classes are going back to the ways of PSO, ie, the T.Mechguns. I hope that they add more overtime.