PDA

View Full Version : Info about PSE buffs / PSE burst

Hivernia
Feb 8, 2012, 01:25 PM
So, I didn't get really into it earlier but now that I watch all those vids with moar and moar loots during PSE burst, I find myself wondering how this burst trigger.

I know we have 3 sorts of PSE buff coming from kills (those ligthning thingy when we kill mobs) :

Yellow buff : Increase the amount of meseta droped. You can see it in the desription of your loot "XX+Y" (XX the base amount and Y the bonus which is a % from the base)
Blue buff : Increase PP regen ? (Just a guess since there s 'PP' somewhere in the buff description >.<)
Red buff : Don't know about this one, drop rate ? Damage boost ?

It seems the higher your buff level is, the sooner it runs out (I don't think i got higher than lvl7)

When triggering a PSE burst, first you get a timer and when you trigger another lightning, you get the actual burst ?
Is this some sort of waves of foes to clear before time run out (to get to the next burst/wave ) ?
During the burst, when you trigger more lightning kills, it seems you get some time bonus too.

So now, to the main questions :
- Is there something specific to do to trigger those lightning ? (Seems completly random to me o.o)
- When does the PSE burst trigger ? (When you reach max lvl with the 3 buffs ?)

Looking at this feature, it really seems that playing in multi-party area with people you know will give a huge profit in loots.
(Solo players will have a hard time triggering all those :P)

Razelis
Feb 8, 2012, 04:13 PM
I did not understand PSE fully myself, but I'm sure there's a PP regen boost somewhere because during Stage 3 PSE Burst I could pretty much spam Barta forever lol

moorebounce
Feb 8, 2012, 06:33 PM
@ Hivernia Thanks for the info. That was one of my questions in the " various questions for a2 testers" thread.

Mike
Feb 8, 2012, 06:33 PM
There are attack boosting PSEs for all three attack stats, an exp boost, a meseta boost, and a PP cost down boost, which is probably what Razelis was experiencing. I have no idea what triggers these things though. They seem to be more common in MPAs. Perhaps once a PSE reaches the max level, a burst happens.

SuKKrl
Feb 8, 2012, 08:06 PM
From what I'd noticed, it happened more frequently when you killed the enemy with a PA. Could still be a lot of things like getting the last hit with it, getting a critical, overkill ...

Polantaris
Feb 8, 2012, 08:59 PM
Playing a Force, it seemed to be triggered often, so it's possible it gets triggered more often by a PA kill.

I got Tech Attack up to Lv.9 at one point. I didn't realize it could wear off, though. I assumed it just stacked throughout the mission.

My only question is...how is a PSE Burst activated? Does it occur when a PSE stat is overleveled or something? I never really hit it enough times to really tell what caused it.

youcantcatchtheblue
Feb 8, 2012, 09:49 PM
From The PSO2 Info Thread (Sticky)

PSE and PSE burst:
-There is a new component known as "photon sensitive effect."
-There is a fixed probability of PSE occurring while you continuously defeat enemies.
-Attack power, drop rates and Meseta drop quantities are all boosted for a fixed period when PSE occurs.
-If you acquire an "evolved drop" (details unknown) from killing an enemy, you get even more boosted attack power, drop rates and Meseta payout.
-If consecutive PSEs occur, you can perform a "PSE burst."
-Bonuses from a PSE burst last for one minute and include even higher drop rates and highly increased number of enemies that appear.
-You can extend the PSE burst's duration by killing more and more enemies.

Mike
Feb 8, 2012, 10:00 PM
Looking at that old information reminded me of a PSE I saw in the first alpha but not the second: rare enemy boost. Totally forgot about that one.

youcantcatchtheblue
Feb 8, 2012, 10:14 PM
Looking at that old information reminded me of a PSE I saw in the first alpha but not the second: rare enemy boost. Totally forgot about that one.

So there ARE rare enemies?

Or the boost was there but there just weren't any rare enemies in Alpha yet so they took it out in Alpha-2?