PDA

View Full Version : Should I even bother joining this section of the community at this point?

Tails_night
Feb 8, 2012, 02:37 PM
I already downloaded AoI but I didn't buy PSU because I remembered PSO2 and then I thought maybe I should ask if it's really worth joinging the community at this point? I love phantasy star and I've been playing portable 2 and was wondering what everyone's suggestions were?

Alysane
Feb 8, 2012, 03:20 PM
Depends on what you want to get out of it. I just started playing on the 360 during the last event and I am having a good time, but I already knew a lot about the game from playing on the PC a couple years ago. You shouldn't have a huge learning curve to get over if you've already been playing the PSP games.

If running missions and meeting a few people is worth it for you, I'd say go for it, but it is a pretty established community and you've missed the exploration phase of a new game where players are trying to figure everything out.

Galax
Feb 8, 2012, 06:08 PM
If you don't mind the only run being done being White Beast and the occasional event, go ahead and join up.
My advice? If you're considering joining PSU at all, go for the JP version because...More content.
Probably the best idea? Stay away, keep to what you've got until PSO2.

EDIT: Speaking as a 360 veteran, that is. I don't know what people who are just joining get out of the game...

Yuicihi
Feb 8, 2012, 06:29 PM
Actually, most of the population that was at White Beast ran off.

Most of them are at Bruce's and the Metro Platform at the moment. Granted, the majority remains on the fourth floor.

Zerolimit
Feb 8, 2012, 07:43 PM
I play the Xbox and the JP version. If your more of the content is all that matters then JP is for, However I find myself playing the 360 more because it still feels like an MMO. The JP servers take away the MMO feel for me. thats just my two cents. hope it helped.

Alysane
Feb 8, 2012, 09:03 PM
I play the Xbox and the JP version. If your more of the content is all that matters then JP is for, However I find myself playing the 360 more because it still feels like an MMO. The JP servers take away the MMO feel for me. thats just my two cents. hope it helped.

Do you just mean because you can't understand most of what people are saying on JP? The game is not an MMO either way, really.

Zerolimit
Feb 8, 2012, 10:00 PM
Actually I use Essens program to translate the chat and I have picked up some Japanese but I get the sense of a community on the Xbox version, while on the JP version its lonely having to solo and stuff all the time.

Sorry If it does not make much sense, but it is hard to describe.

Alysane
Feb 9, 2012, 12:18 AM
Actually I use Essens program to translate the chat and I have picked up some Japanese but I get the sense of a community on the Xbox version, while on the JP version its lonely having to solo and stuff all the time.

Sorry If it does not make much sense, but it is hard to describe.

No, I totally get what you're saying. I'm just speaking in terms of game design.

Tails_night
Feb 9, 2012, 09:23 AM
I see. well I guess for me it's the worry of joining a community that will die in a month or two... like what happened with me and phantasy star online on the dreamcast, I got into it then they shut the servers down and that's actually my biggest worry.

ThePendragon
Feb 9, 2012, 01:34 PM
There should be at least six months of life in the game at this point. Maybe as much as a year.

Galax
Feb 9, 2012, 03:13 PM
^Maybe :/

Tails_night
Feb 10, 2012, 09:27 AM
Alrighty I guess I'll buy it and hope for the best... hopefully you'll be seeing another new beast in the community... Tails_night.

Zerolimit
Feb 10, 2012, 10:01 AM
yeah alright well if you ever need anyone to run with hit me and my friends up my GT is Zerolimit2540 and if your on the JP side you can find me as Hyperion

Tails_night
Feb 11, 2012, 12:40 PM
will do when download completes.