PDA

View Full Version : Space Cowboy

Mike
Feb 9, 2012, 07:59 AM
And I don't mean "The Joker." The official blog (http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11160126186.html) was updated tonight and the design pic for the default RAnewm costume was posted.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1789&pictureid=25304

Hopefully this space cowboy won't do you no wrong.

EDIT: A few stats about the second alpha were posted as well. 73% of those selected to participate, over 50,000, actually did and 80% of those who participated, more than 40,000, made it to level 10 or above. The maximum number of simultaneous connections was about 23,000.

Resanoca
Feb 9, 2012, 08:05 AM
I rather like that outfit. Thanks for sharing, Mike!

NoiseHERO
Feb 9, 2012, 08:29 AM
RED FUCKING MAGE

I am sold.

Angelo
Feb 9, 2012, 08:33 AM
Obligatory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObdTnUUJVqA

But seriously, this costume is exactly what I wanted. I tried very hard to make that type of outfit with the cowboy hat and formal wear on my Fortefighter in PSU.

It seems like the newman rangers are going to have a 'gunslinger' motif. Can't wait to see the female one.

NoiseHERO
Feb 9, 2012, 08:36 AM
Obligatory:

Jamiroquai - Space Cowboy - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObdTnUUJVqA)

But seriously, this costume is exactly what I wanted. I tried very hard to make that type of outfit with the cowboy hat and formal wear on my Fortefighter in PSU.

It seems like the newman rangers are going to have a 'gunslinger' motif. Can't wait to see the female one.

Yup jamiroquai dreamcast jazz will always be relevant in PSO.

Angelo
Feb 9, 2012, 08:38 AM
Yup jamiroquai dreamcast jazz will always be relevant in PSO.

There are some Jamiroquai tracks that sound like they are ripped straight out of PSO.

NoiseHERO
Feb 9, 2012, 08:56 AM
I used to listen to him a lot...

Then I stopped...

But yeah, Ever since that final fantasy 3 remake on the DS I wanted to make a character... in any game... That looked like a red mage.

What other costumes were missing? @_@

Ranewearl... Then Hucaseal or something?

If Hucaseal wasn't missing... then I probably just thought her outfit was boring.

Angelo
Feb 9, 2012, 08:58 AM
I used to listen to him a lot...

Then I stopped...

But yeah, Ever since that final fantasy 3 remake on the DS I wanted to make a character... in any game... That looked like a red mage.

What other costumes were missing? @_@

Ranewearl... Then Hucaseal or something?

If Hucaseal wasn't missing... then I probably just thought her outfit was boring.

It was there, it was just boring. It looked kind of ninja-esque.

We're only missing RAnewearl now.

Sidenote: Jamiroquai got kind of 'meh' when "Dynamite" hit in 2005, and "Rock Dust Light Star" in 2010 wasn't that much better, primarily because both albums lost sight of the whole 'space funk' sound that was really strong in their previous albums. That's just my personal take though. It's still my second favorite band in the whole world.

Adriano
Feb 9, 2012, 09:03 AM
Me gusta.

GCoffee
Feb 9, 2012, 09:16 AM
Not really fond of it. It... tries way too hard.

Angelo
Feb 9, 2012, 09:21 AM

http://www.pso-world.com/images/classes/fonewn.jpghttp://www.pso-world.com/images/classes/fonewearl.jpg

GCoffee
Feb 9, 2012, 09:27 AM
Thank you, Angelo. My term paper shall only consist of two pictures to prove my point, too.

NoiseHERO
Feb 9, 2012, 09:28 AM

That's funny because I'm liking this WAY more than the other 15 outfits... Humar just being kinda boring.

If anything it's the least annoying looking compared to ramar's bowl-head jacket(Which it's design not only made more sense but also looked less stupid in PSO.)

I don't even know what to call Fonewm's exaggerated modification of his original outfit... You know with it having a giant spider abdomen butt, and a flying saucer for a hat.

redroses
Feb 9, 2012, 09:28 AM
I really like this outfit, it shows how they can manage something like a cowboy look (without making it look weird or out of place) with their outfit style they choose for PSO2, really nice.

Can't wait to see the RAnewearl outfit!

NoiseHERO
Feb 9, 2012, 09:35 AM
I don't wanna pretend that I'm speaking for other female players. And I don't even play girl characters.

But here's to wondering if SEGA will actually have some dignity and actually design an outfit where a girls thighs can't feel cold air...

Or be infiltrated by otaku camera's.

Or give a nice show when bent over.

Or NOT be my next fapping material.

GCoffee
Feb 9, 2012, 09:39 AM
Just play a Fomarl, bud.

NoiseHERO
Feb 9, 2012, 09:43 AM
I'm not your bud, Guy.

And I said I didn't care/Don't play girl characters! D<

If they mess up it's just something for me stare at when someones character runs in front of me! D<

Raven5_1
Feb 9, 2012, 09:46 AM
as GCoffee mentioned: Fomarl.

Dre_o
Feb 9, 2012, 10:16 AM
I saw Space Cowboy and a small chorus of trumpets entered the back of my mind as well as a completely different videogame.

BUT, I like the design. No more extravagant than anything else we've seen so far and yet somehow fitting. At least you won't be able to readily confuse them for females (unlike what I did for the first HUnewm picture I saw).

Quebe_Lae
Feb 9, 2012, 10:23 AM
Isn't it a bit remnant of the DS title?

Angelo
Feb 9, 2012, 11:04 AM
I don't wanna pretend that I'm speaking for other female players. And I don't even play girl characters.

But here's to wondering if SEGA will actually have some dignity and actually design an outfit where a girls thighs can't feel cold air...

Or be infiltrated by otaku camera's.

Or give a nice show when bent over.

Or NOT be my next fapping material.

FOmarl dress. Sexiest thing in the game so far.

youcantcatchtheblue
Feb 9, 2012, 11:19 AM
Can't wait to see the RAnewearl outfit!

if it's anything like the HUnewearl outfit.........

I'm SOLD :D

.... I mean....
Yes, you're absolutely right,
those darn fellas at SEGA better have some dignity :-x
SHAME ON THEM!!

SELENNA
Feb 9, 2012, 11:21 AM
It's cool and gets my seal of approval :)

NoGoBoard
Feb 9, 2012, 11:23 AM
So...

AWESOME!

kyuuketsuki
Feb 9, 2012, 11:56 AM
Love it. I think it'd make a great FO costume minus the hat, too.

Astarin
Feb 9, 2012, 12:02 PM
I thought we'd seen the RAnewm outfit before, long ago, though we never got any clear shots of it. I'm talking way back, with the first gameplay footage. It showed a red-haired RAnewm in a green outfit.

Granted, this could actually be the same outfit. Just minus the hat and shoulder pads, and green instead of red.

Either way, I'm digging the look. Unique. Though I might choose to omit the shoulder pads, myself, if that's an option. Can't wait to see it in-game.

So yeah, that leaves concept art for RAnewearl and... did we actually see concept art for HUcaseal? I know we've seen her in-game.

I don't even know what to call Fonewm's exaggerated modification of his original outfit... You know with it having a giant spider abdomen butt, and a flying saucer for a hat.

Apparently we'll have the option to customize the outfits a lot more, such as removing certain armor pieces. For example, I actually really like the FOnewm outfit if you take away the waist piece. Check it out:

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Sila.jpg

moorebounce
Feb 9, 2012, 01:03 PM
@Angelo No more like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4SuWbjL96Q&feature=fvst

Zorafim
Feb 9, 2012, 02:43 PM
The main reason why I like this outfit is because it reminds me of redmage. Why is that the deciding factor for me?

Ghost Inside
Feb 9, 2012, 03:11 PM
And here I thought they were going to make some really ridiculous-looking RAnewm outfit and what do they do?

They give us an awesome Red Mage gunslinger! :D

Not that I'd use it... But still! Cheers Sega! ^^

Mega Ultra Chicken
Feb 9, 2012, 03:24 PM
Huh, never thought RAnewms would end up being space cowboys. PS0 had me imagine it was a RAmar thing. Still epic regardless.

Serephim
Feb 9, 2012, 04:00 PM
this is epic, f da haters.

hopefully Ranewearl will support character sizes over 5 feet.

Tyreek
Feb 9, 2012, 04:19 PM
It looks like a nice throwback to PS0. I like the vermillion-esque color in that outfit.

Kent
Feb 9, 2012, 04:25 PM
That outfit design is surprisingly-spiffy. Shades and a hat? I hope you can adjust the opacity of the shades, too.

Actually, I think you can choose undergarments for female characters in some of those outfits that are shorts and stockings. There might be full-length ones, but I'm not sure.

Personally, given the style of the RAnewm, I would be quite okay with RAnewearls getting an outfit like a PSO-styled sci-fi Virginia Maxwell (http://images.wikia.com/wildarms/images/1/16/Virginia_Maxwell.jpg).

Vashyron
Feb 9, 2012, 04:47 PM
Goodbye HUmar costume.

(Though depending on how well this transfers into the real game.)

Dracheseele
Feb 9, 2012, 05:08 PM
So while it looks a lot like a redmage, it also reminds me of Beyond the Grave from GunGrave.

Make a character huge and color the outfit black and bam.

youcantcatchtheblue
Feb 9, 2012, 06:24 PM
Apparently we'll have the option to customize the outfits a lot more, such as removing certain armor pieces. For example, I actually really like the FOnewm outfit if you take away the waist piece.

Lolololol

They're gonna let us take off MORE clothing? ^^

Alex Longstride
Feb 9, 2012, 06:58 PM
My version won't have the hat. And it will probably be either dark purple or dark green; if given the option I'll do black and burgundy.

Mike
Feb 9, 2012, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the hat was one of the accesories you can add in character creation.

And no one else thought Steve Miller Band? Really?

soulpimpwizzurd
Feb 9, 2012, 07:28 PM
urgh anything "cowboy" related reminds me of pretentious dbags that played s4 league and equipped the cash shop wild cowboy outfit

Raven5_1
Feb 9, 2012, 08:54 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the hat was one of the accesories you can add in character creation.

And no one else thought Steve Miller Band? Really?

The first thing I thought about when the Jamiroquai song was posted, was The Joker fit better

Randomness
Feb 9, 2012, 10:28 PM
Can't wait for RAnewearl.

This might have just sold me on RAnewm though. Absolutely amazing. I love the fighter-style kill markings on the shoulder too.

Kazzi
Feb 9, 2012, 11:07 PM
That hat is going to be everywhere and I want it.

ShadowDragon28
Feb 10, 2012, 01:42 AM
It's an awesome suit, indeed.

However, I am not looking forward to all the uncreative players that will make Van Helsing/Vash the Stampede/Red Mage clones... *sigh*

Jinto117
Feb 10, 2012, 07:48 AM
Now THIS is some kick ass concept art. Loving that FF esque red mage pimp hat.

moorebounce
Feb 10, 2012, 10:10 AM
Looks like an enemy of the Galaxy Rangers cartoon from the 80s.

Akaimizu
Feb 10, 2012, 02:38 PM
This Space Cowboy design is way too awesome. This is the kind of stuff I wanted since even starting Phantasy Star Universe. Even my initial character backstory and everything was about this. Newman, eh? Maybe this is what they had in mind to get more people playing them. I have to admit. Mentally, it's working on me like some Vampire mesmerizing effect.

NoiseHERO
Feb 10, 2012, 04:45 PM
It's an awesome suit, indeed.

However, I am not looking forward to all the uncreative players that will make Van Helsing/Vash the Stampede/Red Mage clones... *sigh*

As much as I like red mages, I probably won't be wearing this for that same reason.

And with any other color it's just a futuristic trenchcoat...

The hat can stay though.

Randomness
Feb 11, 2012, 06:04 PM
Lolololol

They're gonna let us take off MORE clothing? ^^

/thread. Not this thread, but some other thread.

NoiseHERO
Feb 11, 2012, 06:10 PM
I dunno.. what WAS taken off from that for fonewm outfit...

His bug abdomen thingie just looks like it's size was changed with the anatomy.

BIG OLAF
Feb 11, 2012, 06:34 PM
I think the outfit looks terrible. The torso and legs are too bland. The hat is stylish, though.

moorebounce
Feb 11, 2012, 06:47 PM
I think the outfit looks terrible. The torso and legs are too bland. The hat is stylish, though.

Huh? All he's missing on his chest is Iron Man's headlight or Darth Vader's ATM controls. You may need to draw a picture and show us what you would do different.

NoiseHERO
Feb 11, 2012, 06:54 PM

As I said, it only looks great because of the combination of colors and the hat(TL;DR red mage red mage red mage red mage red mage red mage red mage)

Change the color and I probably wouldn't use it either... If only it were more blade runner looking, then I'd make it tan/brown like a trenchcoat.

BIG OLAF
Feb 11, 2012, 06:56 PM
Huh? All he's missing on his chest is Iron Man's headlight or Darth Vader's ATM controls. You may need to draw a picture and show us what you would do different.

I can't draw, so you're SOL there. It's just too plain for my liking. Sorry you don't agree.

Crysteon
Feb 11, 2012, 07:10 PM
Shut up and take my Meseta!

Nah...those clothes are okay, but it's not something I would use all day.

lostinseganet
Feb 11, 2012, 08:01 PM
He is not a character fer me >_>

NoiseHERO
Feb 11, 2012, 08:07 PM
Still think he's better than the recycled PSO concepts... that were somehow made annoying looking compared to the originals.

If this is what the rest of their original stuff is going to look like, better get used to it. Told you guys that ultra "serious but mostly PSO influenced atmosphere" was a pipe dream.

Bwahahahahaha!

moorebounce
Feb 11, 2012, 08:32 PM
I can't draw, so you're SOL there. It's just too plain for my liking. Sorry you don't agree.

well I can (draw) and IMO the outfit has more going on with it than it really needs. You can't do much else outside of some horizontal lines in the grey areas of the outfit and that would be overkill for sure.

This is only one variation of his outfit and maybe they will have something more to your liking in other variations.

RadiantLegend
Feb 13, 2012, 07:07 PM
Well RadiantAim now has an outfit. Comes in Red? 2x the Awesomeness