PDA

View Full Version : PSO 2 Exclusive to Japan?

asnorton44
Feb 21, 2012, 03:45 PM
Someone told me PSO 2 is going to be exclusive to Japan is this true?

Rika-chan
Feb 21, 2012, 03:54 PM
It isn't true.

GCoffee
Feb 21, 2012, 03:54 PM
As long as no release outside of Japan has been confirmed it is. But there have been multiple hints of a future release for the west, though nothing has been confirmed. And please choose your topic titles more carefully.

ShadowDragon28
Feb 21, 2012, 04:07 PM
Poorly worded title. Should have a question mark.

Bonkohara of the PSO2 development team has only said that an international release "has not be schedule at this time" which only means it's not scheduled YET. The alpha has a ain the options a language select options, they showed the game at a Korean PC games event, they have posted on the official PSO2 Face book page in english. So all EVIDENCE points to a International (i.e release to countries other than Japan) release is VERY likely to happen in the future.

it just hasn't been decided WHEN it will be released to eithe Japan OR internationally YET is all we've been able to surmise so far.

asnorton44
Feb 21, 2012, 04:33 PM
Okay thank you for that information. I can see why a question mark makes all the difference :) Sorry if I scared anyone!

LONG LIVE PSO :D

Serephim
Feb 21, 2012, 09:19 PM
Well uh, as of today PSO2 has been exclusive to alpha testers and developers. They don't even have a release date yet and still consider the game in alpha phase. There's no reason to mention it overseas before it's finished to a group of people already biased against the artstyle and genre to give them a salty first taste of the game.

thats....about all there is to it really.

Regardless of how awesome this game is to us, i can see it being slammed / called "mediocre" by pretty much every shitty review site in existence over here. It never fails.

NoiseHERO
Feb 21, 2012, 10:18 PM
Well uh, as of today PSO2 has been exclusive to alpha testers and developers. They don't even have a release date yet and still consider the game in alpha phase. There's no reason to mention it overseas before it's finished to a group of people already biased against the artstyle and genre to give them a salty first taste of the game.

thats....about all there is to it really.

Regardless of how awesome this game is to us, i can see it being slammed / called "mediocre" by pretty much every shitty review site in existence over here. It never fails.

Don't worry, they just have to call our burnt RAmar a space marine. Then we'll at least get a 7.5/10

Alexvrb
Feb 21, 2012, 10:43 PM
Don't worry, they just have to call our burnt RAmar a space marine. Then we'll at least get a 7.5/10I don't think that'll happen. Well... not unless we get uniques with Chainsword and Stormbolter models. On the other hand, we might see some Star Wars labeling if/when we get some saber action.

Randomness
Feb 21, 2012, 11:07 PM
As long as no release outside of Japan has been confirmed it is.

No, it isn't. It simply means SEGA hasn't made a public announcement. Seriously, the game doesn't even have a release date yet!

Mike
Feb 21, 2012, 11:53 PM
No, it isn't. It simply means SEGA hasn't made a public announcement. Seriously, the game doesn't even have a release date yet!
That's a novel way to think about it.

CelestialBlade
Feb 24, 2012, 05:40 AM
Don't worry, they just have to call our burnt RAmar a space marine. Then we'll at least get a 7.5/10
Don't forget: bald space marine.

BIG OLAF
Feb 24, 2012, 10:08 AM
I wouldn't be surprised it it turned out that it was JP-release only. But, for now, we can safely assume it won't be.

...even though, if people were smart, they'd buy the JP version anyway (unless the servers aren't segregated).

NoiseHERO
Feb 24, 2012, 11:45 AM
Don't forget: bald space marine.

A racially ambiguous muscular bald one would be better then!

DoubleCannon
Feb 24, 2012, 11:49 AM
If I had 1 million dollars I would wager all of it that it will be released everywhere because this is not a spin off, its a main stream legendary game IMO. Sega knows well we all want this. Heck I bet there is a sega japan employee on this site who watches us all to see our reactions to the game lol

Mugaaz2
Feb 24, 2012, 12:09 PM

Are you one of those guys who thinks various Monster Hunter games still have a shot of coming here?

No announcement means it's not coming until they announce otherwise. Companies don't announce things they're NOT going to do. So unless you hear stuff saying they are actively going to do something you should assume they are not.

kyuuketsuki
Feb 24, 2012, 03:10 PM
...even though, if people were smart, they'd buy the JP version anyway (unless the servers aren't segregated).
It has nothing to do with intelligence. Some people just don't want to deal with learning to navigate a UI that's largely in a language they don't understand and a player base largely consisting of people you can't communicate with. Even people who are borderline weaboo and know a bit of Japanese and would like to get more proficient like myself.

Are you one of those guys who thinks various Monster Hunter games still have a shot of coming here?
This isn't Monster Hunter.

No announcement means it's not coming until they announce otherwise. Companies don't announce things they're NOT going to do. So unless you hear stuff saying they are actively going to do something you should assume they are not.
No announcement means nothing either way at this point in the game's development. There is plenty of indirect evidence pointing to this not being a JP-only release, as well as a history of the PSO-/PSU-franchise being released outside of Japan. Until there is evidence otherwise, I think it's silly to assume it will be JP only.

Komali
Feb 25, 2012, 11:52 PM
If anything, SEGA does not seem to impose IP region locks as I still play PSU JP
Though regarding a foreign release... Said PSU already shut down here.
They will probably release PSO2 here, but a year late and shut it down two years early.

Arika
Feb 26, 2012, 01:52 AM
We already know there is language setting option there. No matter they gonna split server or share server, it look like the game will be localize to somewhere outside JP.

Cayenne
Mar 8, 2012, 03:28 PM
We already know there is language setting option there. No matter they gonna split server or share server, it look like the game will be localize to somewhere outside JP.

Watch it be release with the language option for Japanese and Korean only, I know it will happen hahahahaha.

Krank32oz
Mar 8, 2012, 05:55 PM
It's coming. Get ready!!!!

•Col•
Mar 8, 2012, 06:07 PM
Watch it be release with the language option for Japanese and Korean only, I know it will happen hahahahaha.

Well, there are folders/files suggesting there will be English, French, German, and several other European languages in the final game as language options.

I would seriously laugh if Sega put those folders there with the sole purpose of trolling us though, lol.

Cayenne
Mar 8, 2012, 07:02 PM
They could be but yeah most likely there will be an english option, if that happens at launch then I'm 100% on board playing overseas rather than playing it here.

Vashyron
Mar 8, 2012, 10:13 PM
Well, there are folders/files suggesting there will be English, French, German, and several other European languages in the final game as language options.

I would seriously laugh if Sega put those folders there with the sole purpose of trolling us though, lol.

Well PSU has files for Japanese, US English, British English, French, German, Italian, Korean, and not one but two forms of Chinese. (ct (Chinese-Traditional) and cs (Chinese-Simplified))

It only actually came out in like 5 of those (Japanese, US English, French, Italian(?) and German(?)).

•Col•
Mar 8, 2012, 10:21 PM
Well PSU has files for Japanese, US English, British English, French, German, Italian, Korean, and not one but two forms of Chinese. (ct (Chinese-Traditional) and cs (Chinese-Simplified))

It only actually came out in like 5 of those (Japanese, US English, French, Italian(?) and German(?)).

My point was that those files imply that PSO2 will be released outside of Japan. :-P

Even if it isn't, it will most likely at least have English as another language option, which is more than enough for me. :D

Finalzone
Mar 8, 2012, 10:49 PM
Given the huge demand for PSO2, SEGA would look foolish to release only in Japan. The original aimed to be worldwide mmo with less language barrier.