PDA

View Full Version : Section ID tattoo

Agendis
Mar 1, 2012, 12:14 PM
Hello,

I recently had my section ID and char name tattooed on my back . .. Took me 1 month to find the appropriate drawing :P

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2268/whitill.jpg

I am very proud of it :-D

Ghost Inside
Mar 1, 2012, 12:31 PM
Oh wow! Someone sure dedicated!

This is cool. Very cool! ^^
I'm glad you're happy with it!

All that's left now is having it itch and peel for ages. ;)

Slidikins
Mar 1, 2012, 12:43 PM
I considered it, but I've had too many characters and too many Section IDs to choose just one. Then I considered the ring that you fight Dark Falz on, with its inscription as a giant back mural. Decided against it since the colors would look poor on my skin.

In the end I designed my own tattoos then decided against the whole thing. A process of 5 years to decide a tattoo wasn't for me.

Looks good though, hopefully you'll love it for life. If not, you won't see it too often back there

Kaziel
Mar 1, 2012, 01:06 PM
Dang, that's way too cool.

Like the guy above me though, I have far too many characters and IDs to decide on a single tattoo. :(

Split
Mar 1, 2012, 01:59 PM
That is so awesome

EDIT: Also, a legendary first post

AlexCraig
Mar 1, 2012, 06:16 PM
That's badass! I wouldn't mind either Whitill or Purplenum myself.

bns1991
Mar 1, 2012, 06:38 PM
Pretty cool. I have always wanted to get Oran tattooed on my arm.

Rubius-sama
Mar 1, 2012, 08:56 PM
A tattoo that doesn't have Chinese on it, and isn't some stupid tribal shit... awesome!! :D

NoiseHERO
Mar 1, 2012, 09:29 PM
Humar:WHAT DOES MINE SAY?

Ramar: SWEET! WHAT DOES MINE SAY?

Humar: ...D<

DUDE! WHAT DOES MINE SAY?

Leviathan
Mar 1, 2012, 09:32 PM
A tattoo that doesn't have Chinese on it, and isn't some stupid tribal shit... awesome!! :D

Accurate post is accurate.

NoiseHERO
Mar 1, 2012, 09:46 PM
Inaccurate Chinese/Japanese*

Monochrome
Mar 1, 2012, 11:41 PM
Epic dedication to Phantasy Star, I love it! I guess you can look forward to finding alot of Diska of Liberators in your daily life now..

LK1721
Mar 4, 2012, 04:23 PM
Man that is cool, I'd rock a Viridia or Skyly section ID if I decided to get a tattoo like that.

Agendis
Mar 4, 2012, 04:34 PM
Well I know that whitill is an over crappy section ID but that s the very first one I got so it was important for me and motivated my choice ....
^^;

GCoffee
Mar 4, 2012, 05:58 PM

Making fun of Espio's super awesome nanoblast tattoo? :P

Humar:WHAT DOES MINE SAY?

Ramar: SWEET! WHAT DOES MINE SAY?

Humar: ...D<

DUDE! WHAT DOES MINE SAY?

Oh gawd that movie! My fain broze. My brain froze. (Then melted when, admittingly, that one plot twist at the end was somewhat smart and my brain was not prepared for such a thing, anymore....)

@Topic:

Sure looks pretty darn awesome! I really am considering getting a tattoo myself a lot lately, but truth be told I rather tend towards a wing for my left upper arm, big BSG and Starbuck and Anders fan...

LK1721
Mar 5, 2012, 12:09 AM
Well I know that whitill is an over crappy section ID but that s the very first one I got so it was important for me and motivated my choice ....
^^;
I wouldn't say that, Whitill finds some awesome stuff. I personally was always just a Viridia (but my first section ID happened to be Skyly)

Rubius-sama
Mar 5, 2012, 12:39 AM
Making fun of Espio's super awesome nanoblast tattoo? :P

Lol, nope. That tattoo was pretty cool. I'm making fun of every other tattoo out there :P

Mystic_Nessly
Mar 5, 2012, 12:13 PM
This is amazing. I'd like one myself! Does "Agendis" actually mean something or is it just your username?

Agendis
Mar 5, 2012, 12:23 PM
This is amazing. I'd like one myself! Does "Agendis" actually mean something or is it just your username?

Agendis is my ps username and the nickname I use everywhere else sinces ages.

It is a latin word meaning :"All the things we got to remember" and since I am too lazy to use long term memory it seems to be appropriate for me ;)

I hesitated to continue until the lower part of my back my I did not find any meaningful word to fill the gap.

Keilyn
Mar 8, 2012, 05:10 AM
I thought of the idea of tattoo, then I studied their history.

Tattoos were originally used by tribal culture which had not discovered. nor invented writing. The Polynesians were an example of this, using tattoos to denote rank, class and prestige. After learning a lot about its history and origins, I decided against it. Also, though I like phantasy star, I wouldn't want to be a 50 - 70 year old having to stare at an oversized tattoo from the stretching of the skin.

Can you imagine a tweety bird stretching out to look like Big Bird? Usually what is cool and awesome now, may not be as so in the future.

Objections aside, I didn't know people out there make Section ID tattoos. Your skin now makes you look closer to a machine that has been made the property of some human.

GCoffee
Mar 8, 2012, 06:01 AM
Your skin now makes you look closer to a machine that has been made the property of some human.

Perhaps he is married.
Your ways of thinking are really special.

Agendis
Mar 8, 2012, 07:25 AM
I thought of the idea of tattoo, then I studied their history.

Tattoos were originally used by tribal culture which had not discovered. nor invented writing. The Polynesians were an example of this, using tattoos to denote rank, class and prestige. After learning a lot about its history and origins, I decided against it. Also, though I like phantasy star, I wouldn't want to be a 50 - 70 year old having to stare at an oversized tattoo from the stretching of the skin.

Can you imagine a tweety bird stretching out to look like Big Bird? Usually what is cool and awesome now, may not be as so in the future.

Objections aside, I didn't know people out there make Section ID tattoos. Your skin now makes you look closer to a machine that has been made the property of some human.

A tattoo isn't just some ink in the skin ... That's a form of art ... A canva is way more beautiful with a painting on it and then the painting cracks and peels getting some additional value.

That's the way is see a tattoo ... An art piece that makes my body more beautiful for MY OWN eyes .... not some shitty drawing that makes me look cool at the beach !!!

I did not decide to have a PSO related tattoo cause i am fond it .... I work on the picture for a long time because I thought that some pictural elements from this game would be very interresting in order to make an extraordinary design for a tattoo.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 9, 2012, 10:58 AM
It's a nice tattoo, I pondered a section ID in the past, they're very nice designs plus the font from PSO and PSU is also very special to me. Nostalgia as well as an appreciation for calligraphy. Debates regarding tattoos can get rather heated at times. Some people will have a design laid out for months if not years and get it done when they're ready, others will walk into a tattoo studio and pick a design from a book.

Each to their own really, choosing and getting a tattoo done is a personnal experience regardless of how long or short a timeframe it takes and people should respect that. of course we all judge, especially via image in this media driven world. But a tattoo can be a design full of personnal meaning or be a whimsical choice.

At the end of the day anyone with tattoo has chosen it because of the appeal of the design or meaning. Over time this appeal might fade as will the clarity of the design. Some people might regret them, other's may not. I have 3 tattoos myself, and when they do stretch/fade I might get them re-done or I might get them removed, I don't really worry about it in all honesty what happens will happen. However, I will certainly have to try and remain slim as one tattoo is right on my stomach...

[Spoiler-Box]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/Homicidal_Monkey/lalalala.jpg[/spoiler-box]

(yes the image quality of the shot is shoddy)

Tifa