PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Brand new. Super orginal thread.

MKJoker
Mar 3, 2012, 06:04 PM
Hey,

I'm new to PSU, I came from PSO when my friend showed me it on his xbox the other day. It reminded me of a game I played on my ps2 a long time ago... Low and behold it was PSU that I played. Unfortunatly, I don't remember a thing about the game, haveing only played the story mode and being so long ago I have no idea how I should go about playing this game.

Right now I see two choices:

1. Learn Japanese.

2. Play the Xbox 360 version to familiarize myself with everything.

Unfortunatly, I'd rather not renew my Xbox live account to play the 360 version. I also don't own a copy as well.

Fortunatly, JP PSU is free to play with restrictions of course. I'd rather go the whole learning Japanese route because I'm sure it'd be better for me in the long run if I want to play PSO2 in the near future, but that way seems like it'd take forever. At the moment I know only the Katakana alphabet barely, and at that I don't know how I'd put the letters together to make sense at all ><

I'm pretty sure the JP locals wouldn't be happy about me spouting out random English non-sense on their servers. So it'd be much appreciated if I could get some help on navigating through Everything, basics and all.

Also, if anyone knows a good way of learning the language as fast as possible that'd be much appreciated, I'm practicing the keyboard at the moment as well as learning the alphabet with it.

I appologize for imposing all this on you guys, I'm sure you have enough traffic from noobies let alone having to deal with another.

Little extra info for you, I have an ID, I can get into the game all right and everything, so it's just playing the game. ^^

Anyways! Thanks for taking the time to read through this.

Edit: I've been reading Translation guides for the most part. The games just a little more overwhelming then a normal game, being in a different language and all ><

str898mustang
Mar 3, 2012, 06:08 PM
Going into a game you've never played and it being in Japanese is always a good idea *facepalm*

Play the xbox version first for a couple months so you can familiarize yourself with the game.

Midori Oku
Mar 3, 2012, 08:05 PM
I would play the Xbox version of the game for a month or two first. You don't have to pay for Xbox Live to play the game. You can play it with a silver account! :)

Akumamaru
Mar 3, 2012, 09:31 PM
you dont really need to renew your account to gold you can play PSU on a silver account the game is on demand for like $20 bucks and AotI is a free download hope what helps you

Illuminate
Mar 3, 2012, 11:32 PM
Going into a game you've never played and it being in Japanese is always a good idea *facepalm*

Play the xbox version first for a couple months so you hate the game.
Fix'd

Aremt
Mar 4, 2012, 01:42 AM
I've heard awful awful things about the 360. Their demo over there is horrible as well. You have nothing to lose whatsoever if you make a free account on the jp servers - just a lot to learn.

ZER0 DX
Mar 4, 2012, 05:01 AM
Stick with JP. The entire game is pretty much all just Katakana anyway, and you'll get used to everything rather quickly.

Plus there's rather large importer community on JP since the 360 version is rather lacking in a lot of aspects to say the least.

It really depends on if you care about playing the real version of the game in Japanese or the barely supported content cut version in English. You'd save a lot of time and money invested if you just start on JP and wing it.