PDA

View Full Version : EP4 Question about Megid

Shade_Koopa
Mar 3, 2012, 06:15 PM
I know it doesn't do any damage but a chance to instant death enemies. My question is what is the percentage and does it not work on certain monster? I know it probably doesn't work on bosses cause that would make the game way to easy and such.

Necha54
Mar 3, 2012, 08:11 PM
I have killed almost every enemy with megid it just took me long with dark enemies and shorter with light enemies.

I have level 30 megid.

Broken_L_button
Mar 3, 2012, 09:11 PM
I know it doesn't do any damage but a chance to instant death enemies. My question is what is the percentage and does it not work on certain monster? I know it probably doesn't work on bosses cause that would make the game way to easy and such.

Megid's base chance at an instant kill rises according to level; its chance of success rises by 3% each level until 15, by which point it rises by 2% per level, eventually reaching 100% instant kill chance at level 30. That's if the enemy has 0 EDK, mind you. Megid's actual chance of success is:

base success rate - enemy EDK

So anything with 100+ EDK can't die from megid and anything with 65 or higher EDK might not be worth the time.

Also, enemy attribute has no effect on that success rate, for example, even dark enemies can die from it, as long as their EDK is below 100. And, for your information, Grand sorcerers, Hideltorrs and most likely Deldepths use level 30 megid, Ob lillies use level 20-ish, Mil lillies use level 30 IIRC and make the megid level of every other lilly in the room go random, while the baboons use some really low level megid (most likely higher than 3, since I died to it at 8 EDK, but lower than 7, since around 20-ish EDK makes it near impossible to kill you). Ill Gill's dreadful death scythe is a high damage attack with level 30 megid's instant kill attached to it; you survive it with 100 EDK and higher (yes, I died to it at 99 EDK), while it becomes an always successful instant kill like Mericarol's spit if the the Ill Gill is confused and uses it to whack an enemy (try it out; confused Ill Gills can instakill all minibosses, even Epsilon).

Ketchup345
Mar 3, 2012, 09:14 PM
Each enemy has an EDK rating- defense against dark (Megid). Each level of Megid has a rating.

I don't exactly remember, but it may be take the "Power %" listed here (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=676) and subtract the EDK of the enemy (which can be found here (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?section=Beastiary&op=viewtopsection)). If the EDK is higher than the Power %, the enemy will resist all Megid you cast.

Shade_Koopa
Mar 4, 2012, 01:16 AM
Okay, so it's not going to always be a successfull instant kill, even at level 30. And it's completely useless against bosses. And depending on the enemy/target/opponent, megid may or may not work. Is that correct?

Thank you all for the info.