PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Screw you SEGA for not canceling my PSU=o

Illuminate
Mar 3, 2012, 06:28 PM
I assume this is related to Japan not canceling my PSU account when I cancelled it before the end of last month?

VISA DENSHIKETSUSAISABISU*

Withdrawal was *$13.07

Ark22
Mar 3, 2012, 06:42 PM
Fly to Japan, blow up Sega, done.

Illuminate
Mar 3, 2012, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the serous answer.
Do I need to call my bank and block this company to get them to stop charging me?

i get this message when I try to log in online now.

お客様は本商品の利用権をお持ちではありません。

Edit: Never mind, that message is when I try to cancel my subscription, however, when I login to my online account it shows my subscription as still getting charged.

Is it going to get charged this month no matter what, or do I have to take care of it with my bank to get SEGA to stop stealing my money?

gundam0079
Mar 3, 2012, 07:40 PM
they did it to me as well. i think it was for another month or so in the billing cycle. but i rejoined premium about after a month or two. so idk

Illuminate
Mar 3, 2012, 07:53 PM
That helps, honest.

ZER0 DX
Mar 4, 2012, 05:08 AM
PSU apparently charges a month in advance for some reason. It'll get taken out the moment the payment is due when you first sub and another payment for the start of the next billing cycle even if you cancel. Also you can't cancel your card during the last week of the month or before the charge gets approved by the bank. So yes, subbing for one month seems to be effectively subbing for two, at least that's the case with my bank anyway. I don't plan on cancelling premium anyway so it hasn't been a problem for me, but it's hit my friend like that a few times when he can only afford to pay for a single month at random intervals.

Keilyn
Mar 4, 2012, 05:33 AM
That's the case more with Sega and ISAO.

Any other video game one plays, cancellation can come at anytime. Some games actually return some money to you.

Powder Keg
Mar 4, 2012, 08:06 AM
Sega needs the money really bad, if it makes you feel any better. Think of it as one of those Unicef commercials.

Illuminate
Mar 4, 2012, 11:05 AM
That's the case more with Sega and ISAO.

Any other video game one plays, cancellation can come at anytime. Some games actually return some money to you.So I can blame Japan than?

Sega needs the money really bad, if it makes you feel any better. Think of it as one of those Unicef commercials.They can have my money, once they start working for it.

Illuminate
Mar 4, 2012, 06:18 PM
On top of that, I logged into the game and I am still Free Course there, so I am getting charged for NOTHING.

Powder Keg
Mar 4, 2012, 06:34 PM
I told you, for just 7 cents a day....you can save a GUARDIAN. SEGA employee.

Selphea
Mar 5, 2012, 08:53 PM
afaik, the PSU subscription is postpaid, not prepaid. It lets you play for the month, then charges you at the end of the month. That deduction was for February, not March. You won't get billed for March.

OldCoot
Mar 19, 2012, 03:50 PM
I recently tried to cancel here: https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEM...01S00027147859 (Hope that is the right link)

And was told I can't until April. This tends to follow what you guys have been saying about this 2 month period. I joined in Feb, paid for that month and will pay for March at the end of this month as Selphia stated.

Xenobia
Mar 19, 2012, 04:12 PM
Postpaid is generally worse than prepaid because of the fact that you still have to pay, no matter what. In the term of postpaid the card will be "sealed" and it basically will be a automated charge. In term its a prepaid, you simply get what you paid for, and there is no need to seal card and/or other data away.