PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Online 2 3d Models

chrrox
Mar 4, 2012, 04:33 PM
I have made a viewer and converter for phantasy star online 2 models.
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8454

textures work i just do not have them automatically applied to the models yet.
they are easy to apply they are all in the same folder as the models they go to.
[spoiler-box]
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/8475/pso2bones.png
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/3174/pso2weight.png
[/spoiler-box]

Vashyron
Mar 4, 2012, 05:04 PM
I'll tell ya again here. Good work!
Knew you'd be able to do it when you posted interest about it a wile back.

It's of great interest to me as I like to poke around data. :wacko:

SELENNA
Mar 4, 2012, 08:52 PM
Not to be offensive, but what's the purpose of this?

chrrox
Mar 4, 2012, 09:05 PM
this is a phantasy star community place so i thought people might be interested in the 3d models of the newest game to do fan art renders or just play around with the models. if it is not useful to you no need to use it.

Rei-San
Mar 4, 2012, 09:27 PM
this is a phantasy star community place so i thought people might be interested in the 3d models of the newest game to do fan art renders or just play around with the models. if it is not useful to you no need to use it.

This. I've never seen this happen with any of the last games. I for one welcome this. :)

Dre_o
Mar 4, 2012, 10:11 PM
Its things like get communities like the Steam Workshop started. Well done.

ZkDash
Mar 5, 2012, 12:09 AM
Thanks a lot Chrrox! This will be a massive help for cosplay projects.

ClothoBuer
Mar 5, 2012, 09:29 AM
Wow, that's really cool! Not my cup'o'tea. but it's still a job well done, sir!

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 5, 2012, 08:45 PM
Wow, looks nice. Figure out how to make an actual character, grab the environments and we could have a machinima creation tool.

Mitz
Mar 6, 2012, 12:18 AM
Could you please add a download link to this thread. Having to register just comes off a bit like advertising. Which is fine, but I hate registering. :p

Miyoko
Mar 6, 2012, 08:46 AM
... Suddenly, I want PSO models in Gary's Mod.

Rei-San
Mar 6, 2012, 03:16 PM
I would actually love to see a Phantasy Star Machinima for once. :) Deja's movies were a good start, but the only start as far as I know.

Angelo
Mar 6, 2012, 03:31 PM
I would actually love to see a Phantasy Star Machinima for once. :) Deja's movies were a good start, but the only start as far as I know.

Deja... why is that so familiar...

Krank32oz
Mar 6, 2012, 09:12 PM

Is there a place you can view these movies still? If so could you be so kind as to point me in a direction? I tried searching but my skills are less then stellar.

NoiseHERO
Mar 6, 2012, 09:59 PM

He was that one guy.

He made a lot of videos or something.

He wasn't the only one though.

I think the best PSU machinema I've ever seen, was based off of Kamen Rider (Den-O I think) Wondering how many people knew or cared if it was based off of Kamen Rider though...

Ehn.

ShadowDragon28
Mar 6, 2012, 10:59 PM
I LOVED that Kamen Rider "Za-Bee" themed PSU fan video. I looked up Kamen rider za bee/the bee and saw it came from Kamen Rider KABUTO and went on to watch the whole series online. Great series.

Rei-San
Mar 6, 2012, 11:52 PM
Is there a place you can view these movies still? If so could you be so kind as to point me in a direction? I tried searching but my skills are less then stellar.

Youtube. I typed in "Phantasy Star Deja" and it came right up. :)

Also just to throw it out there, we can use the models to make good GMVs or montages. Like so:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DmX8o-crA8&list=FLS9s8NntithvFElFwHkXsAg&feature=mh_lolz

Sparzyle
Mar 7, 2012, 12:57 AM
Wow.. I was planning to do the pso2 weapons on Sketchup but this is far from my 3d modeling skills. btw I made other models like the swords from pso and psu and mags.

youcantcatchtheblue
Mar 7, 2012, 01:14 AM

Deja Vu
:lol:

Zorafim
Mar 7, 2012, 03:15 PM
Deja Vu
:lol:

Damn, beaten to it.

Angry_Ryudo
Mar 7, 2012, 03:47 PM
Will the script work in 3ds max 2011 32 bit? :o

chrrox
Mar 7, 2012, 08:15 PM
The script is a for a free program called noesis.
you can download noesis here http://oasis.xentax.com/index.php?content=downloads
the program can export to a ton of different formats so you can import directly into 3ds max from noesis.

Angry_Ryudo
Mar 10, 2012, 08:14 AM
Oh, nice, i managed to see some files. Can textures be viewed in Noesis? I don't seem to find the right option :S Maybe i can se them when exporting to max and creating a material.

chrrox
Mar 10, 2012, 03:34 PM
yeah just export the model to max and drag the texture onto the mesh and it will show correctly. if you export to max and the texture does not look correct just check the box that says flip uv's

Angry_Ryudo
Mar 12, 2012, 07:10 AM
Nice, models are even rigged with Skin when exported to FBX :D The bones structure is weird when previewing cast/caseal arm parts, have you seen it?
[spoiler-box]http://i42.tinypic.com/2v17u2s.jpg[/spoiler-box]
3d models look very interesting, nice tools ^^

chrrox
Mar 12, 2012, 09:06 AM
what file is that in i can look and see if its loading correctly.

Angry_Ryudo
Mar 12, 2012, 03:54 PM
15f62f9d3b3e1479eaf4cb9e60159b67

This has caseal arms, but all casts arms are loaded like the one i showed.

chrrox
Mar 12, 2012, 09:41 PM
yeah the models are correct they did this to gain performance in their engine.
the animations for the models should load correctly on these when / if i reverse them.

Moodydata
Apr 16, 2012, 05:44 PM
Just wondering, I am not able to use these tools correctly, I am trying to get the files so that I can view them in 3dsmax, in particular I am looking at trying to get the RAcast, Rifle and Sword models from PSO2, I know this is a big request but can someone help me by either pointing me in the right direction in terms of getting this stuff working, or can provide me with the models? as I wish to create these as actual real life items and a cosplay costume.

Rizen
Apr 16, 2012, 06:39 PM
Firstly, nice contribution!

Secondly...I need to figure out how to work this...been tinkering with it for a while and cant seem to figure out how to work Noesis. *goes back to tinkering*

Rovelius
Apr 18, 2012, 01:34 PM
Thank you very much, this is awesome work :D

goldwing
Apr 18, 2012, 02:25 PM
This is pretty cool thanks

Rizen
Apr 18, 2012, 06:09 PM
After messing around with this for two days, I still haven't gotten it to work correctly...
Hate to ask but...someone help me out? :)

RocSage
Apr 18, 2012, 07:42 PM
now if only there was something like a 3D printer. Darn you future come faster!

Zeota
Apr 18, 2012, 07:48 PM
now if only there was something like a 3D printer. Darn you future come faster!

They do exist, but be prepared to pay the proverbial "arm and a leg".

RocSage
Apr 18, 2012, 07:51 PM
They do exist, but be prepared to pay the proverbial "arm and a leg".

I know that and they currently can't work with a lot of materials, but they're getting better rapidly and they'll soon be enough to be in every home when they do.

Kishgal
Jun 30, 2013, 04:03 PM
Pardon the INCREDIBLE necromancy, but I've been trying damn hard to find a working method to properly rip models from PSO2. Unfortunately, the Noesis forums apparently use a paywall now. Does anyone have this and would be willing to share a link?

Gama
Jun 30, 2013, 04:09 PM
it happened with psobb aswell,with a program called dx 3d ripper

gigawuts
Jun 30, 2013, 04:17 PM
The people doing the PSO2 english patch may be able to help you out, but we're not permitted to link to them here. Google could get you there pretty easily, though.

Kishgal
Jun 30, 2013, 04:27 PM
That seems logical enough, I suppose I'll pop by them a little later. Thanks.

Dan Maku
Jun 30, 2013, 05:56 PM
Could something like this help bring PSO2 characters and environments to Gmod or SFM? :333