PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Question

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 6, 2012, 05:44 AM
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could shine some light on the drop rates for:

http://psupedia.info/Governing_Chip
http://psupedia.info/Machinery_Synapse

I know that Machinery Synapse is dropping in the current event, but last time I checked they weren't in shops. I did see them last week for sale for 95 million+ Which would lead me to believe these items have tiny drop rates? Just wondering if I can justify spending that much on an item... Checking on psupedia it said Machinery Synapse drops in Aquatic Mama S3, so this leads me to think it'll drop on S3 protectors too and not just S4, can anyone confirm this please?

I've also tried hunting Governing Chip but my main is only level 123. I've done a couple of Grove of Fanatics S3 but it's tough work as i'm barely over the level requirement to do S3 run and it's taking nearly 30 minutes per run. I'll admit I impulse purchased Guilty Light and didn't really read into how much effort getting the items for Red Scorpio would be so if the drop rates for these 2 items is tiny I may as well just sell the Guilty Light.

Also, if anyone does have either of these 2 items I have 12 GB so I can probably buy one of them (preferably Governing Chip)...

Tifa

DeathDragon2332
Mar 6, 2012, 07:21 AM
Ok I am not sure if the Synapse it dropping in the event I have done tons of runs and have not seen 1. But they are last I heard like 250Mil each so that is why they are not in shops. But the drop rates is very low. As for the governing chip they are 150Mil or so now maybe more. The drops rates on both are not very good.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 6, 2012, 07:37 AM
Hi thanks for the update. Made my heart slump somewhat though, that really sucks... I'm gonna hang onto the guilty light though, there's still a couple of weeks of protectors and my main is nearly level 130, so there's no harm in hunting for Synapse I suppose. The name just reminds me of Syncesta and hunting it on PSO...god damn you Sega and your hideous drop rates :P Thanks again for the info though.

Tifa

str898mustang
Mar 6, 2012, 07:41 AM
The machinery synapse and chip droprates are low. I found the chip by pure luck in the last event. I hunted the synapse for a while (around 60 runs w/ drop booster) and never found it. I ended up buying a Synapse for 200mil.

<3 My 10/10 Red Scorpio

DeathDragon2332
Mar 6, 2012, 07:46 AM
Ok glad my info was not wrong lol I haven't been keeping up with the mat prices at all. Thanks for confirming.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 6, 2012, 07:49 AM
Heh, yeah i'd love to try get it to 10/10. Tbh I've only bought 10/10's on JP PSU. I made a few on the EU server but I mainly GC items to 8/10 all attempts to get to 10/10 after GC'ing end up with failure and a lot of swearing at the screen :P

By the way where do you guys find out about prices for items worth over a stack?

Tifa

DeathDragon2332
Mar 6, 2012, 07:52 AM
You just hear from people or if you know katakana/Kanji you will see ads like 18金塊 which is 18 KinKai or 18GBs. With the weapon/item in front of it.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 6, 2012, 07:56 AM
Ah cool, i'm slowly picking up katakana as I go along but i'm not outright trying to learn. Tbh I should try our company where I work has recently been bought out by Rakuten which is a large Japanese company and they're offering Japanese lessons although I imagine it's focused on spoken and not written xD

Tifa

DeathDragon2332
Mar 6, 2012, 08:02 AM
Man if I worked were you do I would take that up in a heartbeat that is just because I wan't to learn in general.

Keilyn
Mar 6, 2012, 09:38 AM
Tifa, a good place is to simply look at shop ads on what you are looking for.

I've been hunting tons of stuff. The synapse drop rate is low and you have to survive to the end of the round where a lot of players don't have the means to solo the runs well.

Basically if you can solo the S4 without scaping, it shows that you have some patience and skill. I find the S4 mission to actually feel like how enemies should have been in strength originally.

Of course the advantage to the S4 is that tons of good stuff that many players need drop, so you should be able to find something, sell it for Gold Bars to some players and then get what you want.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 6, 2012, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the info Keilyn. iI's true taking your time does pay off hugely and the play style is completly different to team missions where you tend to rush and charge in headfirst to try and hit as many enemies for exp etc. I'm finding grove of fanatics quite challenging at the moment as it takes a while to get used to the enemy attack patterns etc, plus a room full of robots launching fireballs and aoe lightning gets a bit hectic xD But i'm sure with perseverance i'll find it in time. Do you know if synapse is S3 as well as i'm not sure if i'll make it to 170 in time to do some S4 runs before the event is over. No need to fret I suppose as it drops in Aquatic Mama too so it's not as if these items will be unavailable after the events over. I guess i'll just have to wait and see :)

Tifa

DeathDragon2332
Mar 6, 2012, 10:09 AM
Ohh you will trust me with this event you can get from 130-170 in prob 4-5 days if you play 8 hours straight.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 6, 2012, 10:10 AM
Hmm I could do in the past, but seriously my enthusiasm for PSu has burnt out somewhat. I think it was after EU shut down and I lost nearly 2k hours of game time. I feel a lot less enthusiastic about JP PSU. But i'll certainly try to get as much levelling done as possible, might need to GAS my character some as well before attempting S4 but we shall see :)

Tifa

DeathDragon2332
Mar 6, 2012, 10:14 AM
Yeah same. I lost 5k hours when I wen't from 360 to JP I only wan't to play like 3-4 runs in a row then I am just so bored.

DeathDragon2332
Mar 6, 2012, 10:15 AM
On a side note about your sig I just happen to be playing FF7 on my PSP right now lmao. Tho I always liked FF8 more.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 6, 2012, 10:19 AM
Haha yeah ditto 8 is better imo too. Well it's hard to compare 2 different games but I just preferred 8's narrative and the junction system etc etc. Plus 1000 exp per level up? hell yea =P I wonder if PSU will ever get to 200 like PSO had? But yeah we'll definately have to do a few runs tonight, protectors certainly is long winded. I think the most spamming I ever did was on EU PSU spamming white beast weekend after weekend and somehow I never got bored, maybe it's a language issue too, it's not as if you can just join a group with anyone and chat and have an awesome time etc. Then again I do recall a lot of idiots from my time on EU PSU. I honestly think i'll be getting PSO2 for JP server and not EU/US.

Tifa

DeathDragon2332
Mar 6, 2012, 10:23 AM
Haha yeah. I think PSU might get 200 not that 200ATP helps that much but they might do 200 sometime when more S4 runs are introduced in the future. I really wan't to play PSO2 as well but my laptop is a POS duel core 1.6GHz integrated graphics 256MB 2 gig ram I cam barley play PSU I have to play windowed 800x680 FrameSkip 2. Also a big reason why I get bored since I get hit when I shouldn't and enemies do not stop when they get hit like on FS0.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 6, 2012, 10:46 AM
Ouch that sucks. PC building is a hobby of mine, but then I get to work and have to work with a prehistoric Dellend and it's just infuriatingly slow compared to my home PC xD

I wonder when a date might be set for PSO2, or at least a Beta date so we get some idea of when it'll come out other than just the 2012 date. I try to avoid reading every update as i'll just die of anticipation, plus I tried voicing some views on the PSO2 crackbook fanpage and just got insulted by the anti-psu children, yet they cream themselves over PSO2 even though many features were from PSU the game they apparently hate...

Tifa

DeathDragon2332
Mar 6, 2012, 11:44 AM
You can try to get into the Alpha's.