PDA

View Full Version : Anti Aliasing

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 7, 2012, 10:15 AM
Hi all,

I've seen a couple of threads about this before regarding PSU and it's low resolutions and thus poor AA. I'm using an Nvidia card and I've noticed that when I set up AA to override application settings in the control panel it doesn't change any game visually. This is for every game, not just PSU. I've tried adding .exe's of games individually to the control panel and also just attempting global settings, but neither works.

Used to work on my old Nvidia card and on my ATI card as well and i'm positive it used to work with my 590 GTX when I bought it last year as I recall frivelously cranking GTA 4 to x64 AA to see how it ran (surprisingly wellI might add). The thing is, framerate on some games is affected when I change the AA settings on Nvidia control panel. For instance Left4Dead2, with a very high AA setting - everytime the hoarde comes the framerate slows yet the actual visual AA is no different, the same with other games, no visual improvement, but a performance decrease, which implies something is clearly amiss.

I know there's some programme you can download for overriding PSU settings to enhance gfx. Could anyone give me the link please? I recall from an old thread it was mainly for ATI users because apparently Nvidia control panel could override PSU gfx settings.

Failing that, if anyone could offer any advice as to why the Nvidia control panel isn't overriding in game gfx settings i'd be very grateful as PSU is in need of some serious AA as well as a recent game I bought, Payday the Heist, that game is ugly with a capital "U" when it comes to lack of AA.

Tifa

VectormanX
Mar 7, 2012, 10:28 AM
this is what i use for AA http://psu.brichan.jp/psuobbaatool/Downloads.aspx
using a GTX560ti at the moment, works great no problems at all

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 7, 2012, 10:40 AM
Legend, thank you muchly i'll try it soon as I get home tonight =)

Tifa

Keilyn
Mar 7, 2012, 01:10 PM
You can also use Nvidia Inspector or any of the ATI tools out that which allows you to make modifications.

Just make sure you type under AA Feature Bits

0x40000253

and under Ambient Occlusion if you want that, then type the following in:

0x00040020 (for latest Nvidia Drivers or high end drivers)

If that doesnt work for you due to the card you have, then use the following:

0x00040011

or

0x00010011

Then you can adjust anything else to make it look correct.

I remember the last time I set up my system from scratch, I wanted to see what the requirements were to install and make this program run. I remember having to install sections of Microsoft C++ runtime environment along with different parts of the Microsoft .Net framework.

The reason this program "works" is because the bits (those funny numbers I gave you) exist. Any profile Manager out there will allow you to create a new profile, put illuminus,EXE and Online.EXE in there as the targets, these numbers and then change whatever settings you desire from a proprietary graphics driver without having to install so much crap to use a profile Builder. I rather just be more efficient than to bog down part of my system and run a profile builder that can actually have a higher chance of corruption than the base driver.

Keilyn
Mar 8, 2012, 04:59 AM
Pardon the double posting.

I had received a private message on the matter and figured that it should be something more open for Nvidia users to see.

Below are two screenshots of how my screen looks like under the maximum settings. The top part is what I mean about the Entries. I forgot to include the SLI compatibility bits for the game.

Please look at the top. Notice the middle section of each line has different values. You can highlight the value and then delete it, entering your own value on the field itself. Please note these settings I have are extreme from an experiment I ran last login.

[Spoiler-Box]http://www.smashmybrain.com/ss/psus1.jpg[/spoiler-box]

[Spoiler-Box]http://www.smashmybrain.com/ss/psus2.jpg[/spoiler-box]

One reason I had actually replied in this thread is because you actually wrote your specifications on your sig. I actually know every inherent strength and weakness that your system has from just reading the specs. Its a good thing to know since I can help solve problems later.