PDA

View Full Version : If your PS fanfic were an anime(Or not)...

Rei-San
Mar 12, 2012, 01:43 AM
This is my first time returning to fan works in a long time, so I wanted to break the ice with my return by sharing a thought I've had for a while.

*Ahem*

If you could turn your Phantasy Star Fanfic into an Anime, how would you make it? Who would you hire to make it? What would it be about, what's the atmosphere, voice actors? Anything. Also, it doesn't have to be an anime. It could be an American cartoon, or a live action movie even. Go into as much detail as you can or want, I wanna know your thoughts. :) Me?

Feel/Atmosphere/Theme
I want my fanfic to have a futuristic fantasy/adventure feel that also goes into the depth of peoples personal lives, in a way that we as real people can look and relate to the way that they live. I won't lie when I say that my fan-fic is a .Hack knockoff by having PS be a virtual reality game. So I want my fan fic to be like that. I also want it to have some emotional moments as well as having some silly and humorous situations in which the art style would shift into those eccentric. I'm thinking like Bleach or Full Metal Alchemist. I obviously also want it to be a shounen-anime, but for a bit older audience. If it were a manga it would be a seinen.

I would also want some ecchi moments in the anime, Like High School of the Dead, but not over the top. >.> All of my female characters are already good looking. And my Beast Keori is supposed to be buxom so yeah...

Visuals
I would want animation to be done by a collab of Gainax and Production I.G. because I think they can create the animation and atmosphere that I want. Take all that I said in the 2nd paragraph. I wanted the show to have this crisp and movie-like feel like in Ghost in the shell. Those letterbox windows, but still looked like one of those newer anime. I would also want 70-80% of the animation to be cell shaded, the other percent I want Full CGI. Like how the Tachikoma looked In GitS. The CGI would be done with huge monsters, vehicles, or SUV weapons.

Music
I would want some of the Openings and endings to be performed by Utada Hikaru, Origa, and Do as Infinity. But I would definitely want Wait and See by Utada Hikaru to be an ending.

I would want Yuki Kajiura to work on the OST.

Duration
Since my "Phan-Phic" has differect stories dating from PSOBB to soon to be PSO2, I imagine that this anime would have 200-300+ episode before it finally ends.

That's all I can think of. Ok guys your turn. :)

NoiseHERO
Mar 12, 2012, 02:27 AM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOL-I mean

I want daft punk to make my sound track/musical score. YEAH!

And every episode will feature one of my favorite songs in some way shape or form. (Outside of daft punk now)

Kind of like how smallville would have some song playing during the beginning/climax/conclusion to make the TV show extra trendy. Except my taste in music would only be trendy AFTER my show becomes popular!

Otherwise it wouldn't be like your typical anime that every is allowed to hate, it would just have said art style. All the characters you can actually relate to without being a boring japanese guy, and the story won't be riddle with harems and annoying manga tropes and it would be written, in a way where it's filled with bullshit so it can last 30 years.

Maybe it can be like one season.

As for the animation... Most of the studios look the same to me. Though I hate that whole cell shaded cgi to save money on complicated animations crap... I guess the guys that made worked on full metal alchemist would be fine. I'd say Naruto, but their fight scenes with the watered down animation don't look all that cool once you age past 14. (Seriously what the hell did they do to that pein fight?)

Also I guess it wouldn't be based off a fan fic, but my original story in general that I keep vaguely talking about but never getting around to drawing the comic for.

Akaimizu
Mar 12, 2012, 10:15 AM
If my series of fanfics (Chronicles of the Six Square Circus) were made i would go a bit more like this:

Feel/Atmosphere:

The Feel would be more Phantasy Star Universe/Portable 2 related, since that's where the characters are, but it concentrates a bit more on the gritty side. The characters themselves provide the brightness to the feel. The reason, being that Casts are developed in that later style, the availability of certain weapons and such, plus the additional acrobatics and movement that is a part of that universe. Leaning more to Portable 2 given Tynselle's abilities and Mufonna's storied past.

Visuals:

My animation would probably take that Gainax idea, but it has to be crossed with ideas ala Red Company animation. Since Tynselle comes from a circus family, bringing those two studios together would already have a proven record of how to pull the Space Circus Caravan thing off. Gainax could pull if off by themselves, but they haven't proven that they can work with the subtle difference between someone who really cowboys up, coming off gritty and natural, from a pretender and an apprentice. Red Company can pull off the pretender aspect (and the naturally influenced by one) aspect rather well. That's most important in delivering both Stints and Tynselle as characters on-screen. I do it in the writing, but it certainly needs to convey that.

Music:

And easy one for me as I never have to delegate this one. If it weren't me, I'd grab Wave Master for the job. However, I would easily score the thing. I'd borrow a few singers, though.

Duration:
I would initially start it as a 13 episode series. The idea of the Six Square Circus was made to be episodic. The characters and atmosphere defined for limitless episodes that can resolve many mini-stories within a couple of episodes if it wanted to. The various antics of the characters in various situations lend themselves very easily to the work. The big overall story arc is something easily placed but doesn't have to complete its resolution until some time later. This lends it to be able to last a while, but if one needs to make it a last season, the best way to be able to end it with the least amount of loose-end fallout. That is, unless it befalls the last minute (you only have a few episodes left, as the only warning to the development crew that it is ending). But at least it wont go out like Firefly.

Sayara
Mar 12, 2012, 01:01 PM
So, my story is all drama no action (for now) it'll be more psychosocial trauma involved in the stories main heroine's inability of being able to "live" so to speak.

Atmosphere wise it could work as a PS- story, or as a not PS- story. Its that open ended. Though for the sake of it being a PS story. It'll still be based on PSO, Ragol and the living there as.

Music; it'd probably be very quiet. Piano majority considering there wouldn't be too much a need for heavy focused music. That or dark ambience as well.

Visual: http://www.watchanimeon.com/images/1875.jpg i'd totally. Just with a little more darker atmosphere i guess.

Duration: I dunno, probably just a 2-2.5 hour movie length? Its not that long of a story i guess.

AND SO THERE IT IS