PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about PSO2 coming to Vita?

Tetsaru
Mar 12, 2012, 04:55 AM
Just curious about everyone's views on this recent announcement. Are you happy that PSO2 is coming to Vita, or would you rather it stay PC-exclusive?

Personally, I'd rather it stay PC-only. I recently built a gaming PC and I rarely play handheld consoles unless I'm traveling, plus I usually don't have internet access when I do.

blace
Mar 12, 2012, 05:58 AM
I don't really care, more like I haven't been really caring about the Phantasy Star series as a whole. Seems more and more lackluster with each release, but that is how I see it.

I have a PC built for gaming and for the sake of the Vita it'll need a longer battery life before taking on PSO 2. I just don't see it doing well with its current battery limit.

Tetsaru
Mar 12, 2012, 06:13 AM
What concerns me more is how updates are going to be handled. I don't know that much about the Vita, but a quick look on Wikipedia says it'll be using proprietary memory cards up to 32 GB in size, at least for now. Once PSO2 is released and starts getting new content, new patches, bug fixes and rebalancing, etc., it's going to start taking up a LOT of space. I don't want to see compromised or downgraded content on the PC version because the poor little Vita can't handle it due to hardware limitations. It'd be like how the PS2 held back PSU and FFXI both... :disapprove:

Putting a game on multiple systems to reach out to a larger demographic is fine and dandy, but at the same time, it's going to be more taxing on development. I shouldn't have to remind people how bad PSU was handled in this regard, and I would HATE to see PSO2 suffer the same repeated mistakes. :(

moorebounce
Mar 12, 2012, 06:36 AM
As long as it doesn't delay the release of PSO2 on the PC I'm all good.

blace
Mar 12, 2012, 06:39 AM
Unless they somehow end up making the cart with updateable content managing, it'll put a toll on everyones wallet with Sony's proprietary memory cards. It currently costs $100 USD for a 32GB card, and if it needs a lot of updates, you'll probably need to dedicate a memory card or two for them. Unless it uses the same method for PS2 PSU with its locked content.

Let's not also forget how they reused PSO with a new episode for BB, which didn't add much to the story itself. It wasn't bad, but it just seemed very lacking and that is what I find in the newer PS entries.

Blueblur
Mar 12, 2012, 06:40 AM
The blog just updated and I believe it addresses our concerns regarding updates. (THat's what I gathered from the Google Chrome translation.)

http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11190604962.html

ShinMaruku
Mar 12, 2012, 06:52 AM
I don't give two shits. More options is always good. If your concern is if the vita can hold it back take that issue up with the developers.

Cayenne
Mar 12, 2012, 06:55 AM
How do I feel about it?

Good.

Next topic.

Spellbinder
Mar 12, 2012, 06:59 AM
The blog just updated and I believe it addresses our concerns regarding updates. (THat's what I gathered from the Google Chrome translation.)

I don't have time to translate (hopefully someone else will), but yes. This blog completely addresses all the concerns people had about PSO2 being affected by the Vita in the same way PSU was affected by PS2. Nothing to worry about. :)

More options, more fun.

Tetsaru
Mar 12, 2012, 07:07 AM

Seeing how Google Translate spouted off gibberish as usual, I'll wait till someone can properly translate this before forming any opinions...

Good to see that they're addressing concerns so quickly though, at least.

Mike
Mar 12, 2012, 07:09 AM
Working on it, hold on.

Tetsaru
Mar 12, 2012, 07:12 AM
Working on it, hold on.

Okay, thanks a lot Mike! No rush. ^^

SilverFoxR
Mar 12, 2012, 07:16 AM
Well, considering the game will be still be the same version no matter what you buy it on (seeing it's all cross-platform), I can't really see much or a reason to whine about it. If you don't like the Vita version, don't get it and just play it on PC as nothing was ever announced.

Problem solved =p

Tetsaru
Mar 12, 2012, 07:22 AM
I can't really see much or a reason to whine about it.

What concerns me more is how updates are going to be handled. I don't know that much about the Vita, but a quick look on Wikipedia says it'll be using proprietary memory cards up to 32 GB in size, at least for now. Once PSO2 is released and starts getting new content, new patches, bug fixes and rebalancing, etc., it's going to start taking up a LOT of space. I don't want to see compromised or downgraded content on the PC version because the poor little Vita can't handle it due to hardware limitations. It'd be like how the PS2 held back PSU and FFXI both... :disapprove:

Putting a game on multiple systems to reach out to a larger demographic is fine and dandy, but at the same time, it's going to be more taxing on development. I shouldn't have to remind people how bad PSU was handled in this regard, and I would HATE to see PSO2 suffer the same repeated mistakes. :(

THAT'S why I'm concerned about it.

NoiseHERO
Mar 12, 2012, 09:04 AM
I'm mostly neutral right now. So I voted not caring either way.

In general Vita is looking like a really promising handheld console. PSO2 popping up on it should make it an instant buy from me, but I'm not made of money. I have a few friends that plan to get this game on vita along side the PC version, and I probably will too depending on money, but I've already built myself a really good PC.

What I DID find annoying was how quick everyone was to throw away their faith in Sakai's team and swear this game was doomed "LIKE PSU."

After all the shit they go through for us, to keep us from becoming like those mood swinging psychopathic furries that we call Sonic fans (that'll never be pleased.) I'm pretty sure it's obvious that they knew what they were doing with this idea.

But I guess that's why they updated their blog, just to stop people from mashing the panic button and grabbing their half empty bottles haterade.

DEM_CIG
Mar 12, 2012, 09:11 AM
I am excited. I still don't know if I should spend the money on a Vita or a new pc? Tough choice.

NoiseHERO
Mar 12, 2012, 09:15 AM
They're both pretty expensive invesments the Vita maybe a lil less.

But you'd still be waiting till 2014 for the handheld game, so if you wanna play the game ASAP you'll want a PC. Unless your current one can play it.

Cayenne
Mar 12, 2012, 09:20 AM
If you don't like the Vita version, don't get it and just play it on PC as nothing was ever announced.

Problem solved =p

This.

D-Gold
Mar 12, 2012, 09:23 AM
I am looking forward to it since I already have a vita ,and the fact that I can play more since I wont be restricted to playing at home is a big plus in my book.

I may get both though depending on how the finished products turn out.

Soul Guardian
Mar 12, 2012, 09:46 AM
I''ll be playing this on PC, but if the Vita ever gets enough games I like to warrant buying it (and I have enough extra money, for that matter) I'll probably buy that version as well and play both of them. If not, well whatever they use the same servers and they're at least THINKING about how to make sure the Vita doesn't hold back updates.

lostinseganet
Mar 12, 2012, 10:01 AM
This takes valuable dev time from pc version.

NoiseHERO
Mar 12, 2012, 10:03 AM
This takes valuable dev time from pc version.

It's being developed by a different team. No delays.

r00tabaga
Mar 12, 2012, 10:38 AM
Only 5 people out of 27 feel that it should've stayed PC only is a lot lower than I expected.

NoiseHERO
Mar 12, 2012, 11:06 AM
The only reason people wanted it "PC ONLY" is because of updating and segregation issues.

But obviously that's not a problem on the Vita or at least that's the plan. Otherwise it'd still be "PC ONRY."

If it was possible for this game to be on even XBOX without it ruining those two things I'm sure people would welcome it.

Cept for Japanese players.

SELENNA
Mar 12, 2012, 03:46 PM
Should have stayed PC-only. All they're doing is wasting precious ressources on a product that, IMO, will bomb.

Raven5_1
Mar 12, 2012, 03:47 PM
see does anyone remember when what came on the disc was enough to provide a satisfactory gaming experience?

kyuuketsuki
Mar 12, 2012, 05:03 PM
see does anyone remember when what came on the disc was enough to provide a satisfactory gaming experience?
For online games? No, I don't remember that.

I voted not caring either way. Really, that comes with the caveat that, I don't care as long as the Vita version doesn't adversely affect the main game (the one on the PC). No, the blog post or whatever it was didn't really reassure me much. It said they're aware of people's concerns and gave some vague replies to them, but there was zero in the way of concrete information on how updates would be handled with the Vita's memory options or how partying between platforms would work, if added latency would or wouldn't be an issue, or, if their tests don't pan out, how they plan to avoid the pitfalls of supporting two potentially entirely disparate communities.

Sadly, in order to avoid being shouted down as a "negative nancy" or "ye of little faith", I must add this disclaimer: I am not saying I hate the Vita (although they'd have to address the issues of poor battery life, a yawn-inducing library of games, and drop the price a bit before I'd consider picking one up). I don't care about console vs. PC "debates". I'm just expressing concerns. That's it.

eselv
Mar 12, 2012, 09:40 PM
Should have stayed PC-only. All they're doing is wasting precious ressources on a product that, IMO, will bomb.

It has a much better chance of bombing if it stays PC-only. PSO is a console game and Vita is a great fit IMO.

I plan on getting PSO2 on Vita day 1, because I'm a sucker for PSO. Games on Vita get patches like any other console so all the worry's are overblown. If it lags/slows down PC players they will separate the servers. No need to worry. More people playing PSO means more prompt updates and more content. A win for everyone

RedRaz0r
Mar 13, 2012, 11:18 AM
As of right now I'm undecided. If it ends up working out where Vita and PC play together, same server and everything, where I can play the same character on my pc when I'm home and my vita while I'm elsewhere, then I love the idea. However, if its split...then ill be very sad, and it won't be a good thing for us players.

Akaimizu
Mar 13, 2012, 11:38 AM
Part of me loves the idea of such a big game coming to a portable console, and one that actually could handle a good deal of it.

The other part has this idea that it has a huge potential to hurt SEGA in terms of updates. It's not generally as simple as adding something and it works for everybody. We've already seen examples all through PSU where an update or fix screwed up something on one platform, requiring fixes that would or would not get fixed any time soon. Then a major drag of updates partially due to these cross-plaform issues. Even when different teams work on them, you still have a source team adding content and then the other team that has to add it in and make it work the same.

Big note that in Sonic Team's case, adding more platforms does not mean better longevity of the game. In fact, PSU's lack of updates is the reason it especially failed on the PC platform.

PC users want their timely updates, and they have other places to go. Anything that gets in the way of that is within the top 2 fouls any online game system can pull to get customers to leave. So yes, in terms of importance, good/quick/timely updates is of Paramount importance. It was the basis of my warning I gave the moment they said it was PC only before. The prime thing they need if they want it to survive there.

Vita owners, on the other hand, will eat it up and be likely to accept when the updates completely fall off. All due to lack of competition on the system. (Especially since they can't play their PSP2 or PSP2 infinity on it) And I'm almost willing to bet Sega will take the easy way out and keep them separate for that very reason.

OldCoot
Mar 13, 2012, 12:03 PM
I look at it this way will it help with sales? Sales is what drives games to either keep on going or die. I figure if this opens up to the Vita players as well, more people will know about PSO2 and increase revenue.

If sales really takes off I would think then that Sega will devote more of its resources on the game for both formats.

Golto
Mar 13, 2012, 01:25 PM
I picked undecided, sega has a bad track record of multi-platforming example: psu. Not having to deal with m$ certification of update hurdles might help.

Ryno
Mar 13, 2012, 05:13 PM
I say PC only but what can you do? ( nothing...) . now it's going to be looking like most are going to be playing vita especially seeing these votes. i know i wont. it is almost like over taking from original PSU and going to PSP with all their updates. beuase a lot like playing hand held games. when majority bigger screens are better like PC and TV. because its a bigger view than a smaller view like hand held. :) oh and better graphics.

For example with the Graphics.

PSP and PSU
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/xl2YClNx/Flowen-infinity.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/xl2YClNx/fakesonic.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

so. be sure what/which right edition you guys get. :) graphics matter.

Akaimizu
Mar 13, 2012, 06:41 PM
Graphics can matter. Of course, when it came to PSU to PSP2, then they didn't matter so much, because PSP2 was technically the better game for the money. On the other hand, if you have the PC for the great graphics of PSO2, you'll get that one. If you have a Vita already, and not the PC to hack it, then they'll likely go the Vita route.

But for me. I'm a vintage PC gamer. Performance matters way more than Graphics. So there are times I'll choose a platform because my PC isn't up to spec to give the same level of performance with the same graphic level. But my needs are different. I don't play a PC to play Battlefield with the latest graphics and bells and whistles. I'll put a lot more time into something like GalCiv 2 or Starcraft, or Heroes of Might and Magic, or Diablo 2. Or a great many Online games that require middle ground performance. Heck, I'll get into stuff like Dungeon Fighter or Shin Megami Imagine. They don't have the graphics, but they have the gameplay in spades and run with high performance in less spec.

Of course, I'm all for the PC version of this one if I can run it and Sonic Team doesn't do what they used to do and make even mediocre graphics require 3 times as much power as the same from most other developers. I still might spring for a Vita version just because it'll probably also be the best Dungeon Hacker on the go, surpassing whatever else is in their library. I'll be less inclined to get it if I can't use the same account, though. I'm not paying for 2 pay-to-play for the same game.

Sinue_v2
Mar 13, 2012, 09:00 PM
I think it's a very good idea, in Japan. They have a market primed for mobile gaming, to which the Sony line of portables have been successful in. Being able to access the same character data you use on the official game servers and play on the go sounds like a very cool idea. In America, I don't see it doing so well. At least, not well enough to assuage any security concerns I have about it considering the PSP's history and the fact that the PSVita was jailbreaked within 48 hours of launch.

At any rate, I'm certainly not surprised. I've been expecting a console release of PSO2 since it was announced, and this news is strong corroborating evidence that a PS3 version is in the works. Well, that and the Xbox 360 controller templates being mined out of the alpha UI templates.

Akaimizu
Mar 13, 2012, 10:38 PM
Perhaps. But since PCs can use 360 controllers natively with no extra drivers needed, I would've assumed that simply meant that the PC version was primed for controller use.

Sinue_v2
Mar 13, 2012, 10:58 PM
Perhaps. But since PCs can use 360 controllers natively with no extra drivers needed, I would've assumed that simply meant that the PC version was primed for controller use.

But the X360 controller is by no means the de-facto standard PC controller. Were it intended simply as a generic controller template, then I would expect the graphic to be far more generalized. Instead, it seems highly detailed (even adding in the battery charging slot on the top) and unmistakable as a 360 controller. I know this means nothing on it's own, but it is corroborating evidence that a 360 port is (at least) under consideration.

ShinMaruku
Mar 14, 2012, 12:21 AM
The real question is, will this be on ps3/360?

Rika-chan
Mar 14, 2012, 12:45 AM
I seriously doubt it, for 360 at least.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 14, 2012, 01:07 AM
Looking at how much the requirements are for the alpha version....
Doesn't seem to be "too" bad as far as buying new laptop/desktop....

I have to buy a new laptop anyway seeing that mine is getting super old.... was made in 2006...got in 2007 (for school)
1GB of RAM ( can be 2)
2.20 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2
and 512 MB

So yea...it's old haha.
I'll be getting a new laptop once I start working more hours.... I know that desktop are overall better for gaming but the current place I'm in would be too cramp to put a desktop in there.

Plus I'm mobile often....so laptop would be better for me

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 14, 2012, 01:13 AM
The real question is, will this be on ps3/360?

I seriously doubt it, for 360 at least.

Unless they decide to change their mind later on could of sworn Sega themselves have even said it would be PC/Vita only.

As for the 360 controller being in the template...not that surprising seeing that:
1. It's still a Microsoft device despite being for the 360....at this point I wouldn't surprise any controller template for PC games not being a 360 controller.

Now not saying that everyone uses Microsoft 360 Controller for PC games....but the controller style is rather universal so say the least....

NoiseHERO
Mar 14, 2012, 01:29 AM
They say the only reason this got on Vita is because they thought of a way to possibly make it work.

PS3 is a maybe depending on sony, and what the developers might think of and put in time for.

But XBOX? It's not happenin'.

The template for console games found in data mining is only for the controller's compatibility on PSO2 PC. So maybe in the future an option's screen will read what kind of controller you have, and use those button icons. Instead of saying "button 1,2,3, ect"

Vashyron
Mar 14, 2012, 09:33 AM
But the X360 controller is by no means the de-facto standard PC controller. Were it intended simply as a generic controller template, then I would expect the graphic to be far more generalized. Instead, it seems highly detailed (even adding in the battery charging slot on the top) and unmistakable as a 360 controller. I know this means nothing on it's own, but it is corroborating evidence that a 360 port is (at least) under consideration.

No it doesn't.

If you looked at the same section where the Xbox buttons are, there is also Playstation and Generic PC Controller 1 to 12 buttons.

The game also lists in text some specific controller models, such as some Monster Hunter controllers with a Playstation button layout.
I'm guessing this is their method on known controller types that they'll recognize to change the UI to load up either Xbox or Playstation buttons, if unrecognized you'd probably get the 1-12 buttons.

I did try using a 360 Controller in the Alpha which did change the UI elements to Xbox ones. Though I did not try anything else. Perhaps someone who used any Generic controller (and did not use it to emulate a 360 one) could tell me what they got.

Cayenne
Mar 14, 2012, 09:48 AM
Oh yeah, the controller issue. Gotta ask that in the alpha tester thread.

Akaimizu
Mar 14, 2012, 01:29 PM
Still a good question. Microsoft made it specifically so that Windows natively has drivers for all 360 control methods. That means, if you buy a 360 controller, force feedback-steering wheel, etc, You are also technically buying a PC controller at the same time. The idea is that you never have to buy a separate PC version of said controller, even though they may sell it in a different package for you (normally with other things).

NoiseHERO
Mar 14, 2012, 01:44 PM
No it doesn't.

If you looked at the same section where the Xbox buttons are, there is also Playstation and Generic PC Controller 1 to 12 buttons.

The game also lists in text some specific controller models, such as some Monster Hunter controllers with a Playstation button layout.
I'm guessing this is their method on known controller types that they'll recognize to change the UI to load up either Xbox or Playstation buttons, if unrecognized you'd probably get the 1-12 buttons.

I did try using a 360 Controller in the Alpha which did change the UI elements to Xbox ones. Though I did not try anything else. Perhaps someone who used any Generic controller (and did not use it to emulate a 360 one) could tell me what they got.

This is just a more detailed version of what I said...

BUT YEAH THIS.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 14, 2012, 05:56 PM
May I ask why is it that Xbox couldn't get the game while ps3 possibly could? Is it because of vita?
I'm speaking hypothetical since we knows as of yet they won't be on any consoles.

I might just buy a hard wired 360 controller for pso 2 when it comes out.....
All the buttons work on pso2 yea? Although ffxi came out LONG time ago.... iirc triggers don't work on 360 controller with it's official drivers.... just wann make sure.

Although might go an extra step and be a PC wireless 360 controller....
Guess I'll need to see what the best gaming pc controller is....
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows/jr9-00011#details
Of course can always just get a wired one and get the same results.....just less issue of future wire tangle :P

Ryudo
Mar 14, 2012, 07:05 PM
May I ask why is it that Xbox couldn't get the game while ps3 possibly could? Is it because of vita?
I'm speaking hypothetical since we knows as of yet they won't be on any consoles.

because as I've posted in multiple topics already, sony made an announcement that they would be letting games like PSO patch, update etc on their own without any charges or need for certification processes

Angelo
Mar 14, 2012, 07:28 PM
But the X360 controller is by no means the de-facto standard PC controller.

PC developers certainly treat it that way.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 14, 2012, 07:50 PM
PC developers certainly treat it that way.
Not surprising...

Microsoft made windows...
Windows most popular operating system for PCs
Microsoft's gaming child....Xbox 360...
What would be easier then using a controller template for their own child?

And yes I know there is mac and linux but pretty sure Windows is used more of the big 3.

Magician
Mar 15, 2012, 10:59 AM
As I'm strictly a console gamer, and as such had no interest in PSO2 since it was PC-only, I am very excited that PSO2 is coming to the Vita. I thoroughly enjoyed PSP2 on the PSP, so my fingers are crossed for a NA release of PSO2.

BWS-1
Mar 15, 2012, 12:05 PM
I'd REALLY like to think something else than ''PSO2 should stay PC-only!'', but I remember all too well the... ''burden'' of having a PC version tied with a sub-part ''console-type'' counterpart (or I should say, more precisely, a Sony-counterpart). As much as the situation is different compared to PSU, it might just means updates will be slow still.

The only difference is, since there is no other console to update faster for another completely different server, it won't be noticed as ''slower than x'' since we'll never know how FAST they could have updated as we'd already be set to a ''slow default speed ''by the Vita.

Either way, the fact it's coming on Vita sounds like it will inevitably lead to a premature downfall of one or the other version... or both. So I can't see myself liking that. But hey, I'd love it if time would prove me wrong on that one!

Kent
Mar 16, 2012, 09:53 PM
Where's the "I'd rather see it on a relevant console" option?

Lucky 777
Mar 19, 2012, 01:03 AM
I'm ecstatic because my PC is too crappy to play this lol.

Taichi01
Mar 19, 2012, 01:07 AM
I'm happy that it's coming to Vita since it will be shared between the PC version with my character data, meaning that I can be at a Starbucks and just whip out some PSO2 when I'm on my lunch break.

Sounds like some good times will be had soon.

bns1991
Mar 20, 2012, 05:22 PM
Even though I would prefer to play on the PC, I'm very excited that PSO2 is coming to the vita. I'm leaving for the Army soon, and the fact that its coming to the vita means that I will be able to take with me wherever I go.

Mike
Mar 20, 2012, 06:58 PM
I'm leaving for the Army soon, and the fact that its coming to the vita means that I will be able to take with me wherever I go.
I don't mean to be a downer, but the Vita version is scheduled for a 2013 Japanese launch and is online only.

•Col•
Mar 20, 2012, 08:03 PM
I don't mean to be a downer, but the Vita version is scheduled for a 2013 Japanese launch and is online only.

I think he might have meant how since he might have to move around a lot and not have access to a computer, that a Vita version would be preferable...

My younger brother actually just finished his basic training this past summer for the Army, and he's also looking forward to playing PSO2. He's thinking about getting a Vita for PSO2 because like I said, it may be more preferable to having to use a computer.

Mike
Mar 20, 2012, 08:09 PM
Well, yeah, it would be but depending on where he may be deployed, wireless access might not be readily available and that means no PSO2. I don't know how the Army works that kind of thing (wireless routers seem like a security threat) but it feels like a possiblity.

NoiseHERO
Mar 20, 2012, 08:09 PM
I think Mike is also pointing out.

(What it sounds like people are oblivious to)

That 2013 isn't exactly something to put on your "soon" list, plus we don't know WHEN in 2013 and we only know that's the year JAPAN gets it.

Which is why I find it increasingly weird when people are like "cant wait" or "I'm getting this over the PC version thank god this exists!" When they could be waiting a year and a half, meanwhile the actual game would already be released... @_@

Mike
Mar 20, 2012, 08:10 PM
That 2013 isn't exactly something to put on your "soon" list, plus we don't know WHEN in 2013 and we only know that's the year JAPAN gets it.
This too.

XeoΩ
Mar 21, 2012, 02:28 PM
I think this is a great idea to be honest. Having portable PSO2 will be a bonus not only for us fans, but for the Vita sales as well.
My only gripe is that I wish they would have the two online servers separate. (PC/Vita)
This way, what ever problems arise with one, it won't affect the other. (Memory/Processors/Etc). I'm guessing the reason they want to have them combined is so that you only have to pay one online fee for both, as well as being able to access your account on the go.
There's positives and negatives to both sides of this, and either way, I do hope they release it on Vita.

•Col•
Mar 21, 2012, 03:00 PM
I think Mike is also pointing out.

(What it sounds like people are oblivious to)

He said he was leaving for the Army soon, not that PSO2 was coming out soon. And leaving for the Army "soon" can mean a variety of things.

Like I said, my brother finished his basic and military police training this past Summer. He's not actually going to be deployed anywhere (unless there are some sort of extreme circumstances) until next December. And he actually signed up for the Army about a year and a half ago.

Anyway, it all depends what area of the Army he is going into, where bns1991 is going to be positioned, and when he's going to be positioned some where. Regardless of these factors, a Vita version would still be preferable for a person in his situation, which is still what I believe he was trying to say.

SilverFoxR
Mar 21, 2012, 10:40 PM
I think this is a great idea to be honest. Having portable PSO2 will be a bonus not only for us fans, but for the Vita sales as well.
My only gripe is that I wish they would have the two online servers separate. (PC/Vita)
This way, what ever problems arise with one, it won't affect the other. (Memory/Processors/Etc). I'm guessing the reason they want to have them combined is so that you only have to pay one online fee for both, as well as being able to access your account on the go.
There's positives and negatives to both sides of this, and either way, I do hope they release it on Vita.

I don't see them doing a paid subscription for PSO2, especially since you'd likely have to buy separate game discs per platform. If anything, I'd see an "online pass" system wherein each new character requires a $10 or so pass to play (with a pass code in each new copy of the game). Otherwise, there would be a lot of problems running subscriptions between both platforms.

All I personally hope for is to have an offline mode in the future... possibly when the game is finally prepared to shut down... maybe transfer our data to our PC/Vitas and allow for WiFi/Lan play. At least give us something we can play when the servers finally cut off.

HappierWorlds
Mar 26, 2012, 11:57 AM
OH MY GOD!!!!
Vita gamers might have to pay more (for memory cards) for the ability to play POS2 on their portable.

First world problems

The unfairness of this all makes me want to nerdrage for 1000 years.

Merumeru
Mar 26, 2012, 02:30 PM
More people to play with that don't have a gaming PC is always good news to me XD as long as there doesn't end up being some Vita hack of some sort, I could really care less since I don't own a VITA; of course, that can change if SONY does a good enough job in making it XP

Flash Ranger
Mar 26, 2012, 06:01 PM
I'm happy that it's coming to Vita. I was planning to get one for Gravity Rush anyway so it works for me.

Tetsaru
Mar 26, 2012, 06:16 PM
Lol, I guess the new question would be, how do you feel about PSO2 coming to iOS and Android? :wacko: I know I saw a few people wanting it for Windows Phones...

Again, I'm still PC-only, as I have neither a Vita nor a smartphone, nor do I have much desire for mobile gaming at this point in time.

HUmar Darkedge
Apr 7, 2012, 05:45 PM
I don't really care what system(except VITA...or any portable system) that PSO 2 will be available for. As long as there are no tweaks to it, or hackers(yeah, you low-lives), then its all good.

Though individuals like those are not as common(except PSP2), they still ruin some decency from what I heard of as "hard work" or patience.

Feel free to disagree. We all have our tweaks.

CornP
Apr 8, 2012, 01:49 AM
I like cross platform play, gets more people together and is awesome overall, some friends don't like PC gaming, some others don't like console gaming, but in a cross platform game we all can play together

Reia
Apr 8, 2012, 01:52 AM
I don't care really. But hey it's a good excuse to play PSO2 in Wi-fi zones and getting an extra game for free for the "expensive" Vita.

Kudwafter
Apr 8, 2012, 03:24 AM
I just need a Vita now :P

r00tabaga
Apr 9, 2012, 10:33 PM
I don't care really. But hey it's a good excuse to play PSO2 in Wi-fi zones and getting an extra game for free for the "expensive" Vita.

This game could blow up on the Vita. C'mon a fully-featured free game? It will be a top 5 D/L game and possible smash hit.

Ark22
Apr 9, 2012, 10:50 PM
People are more happy it's coming to Vita than it should stay PC only? Am I in PSO-World still?
I am pretty sure I did not do acid today.

@ Root, yeah PSN, plus MH will be on the Vita soon plus this will = smash hit. ALSO it's F2P and download.....Super smash hit.

r00tabaga
Apr 9, 2012, 10:59 PM
People who normally wouldn't touch this game (or RPG genre in general) will D/L simply cuz its $0.00

blazingsonic
Apr 10, 2012, 01:38 AM
I'm mostly neutral right now. So I voted not caring either way.

In general Vita is looking like a really promising handheld console. PSO2 popping up on it should make it an instant buy from me, but I'm not made of money. I have a few friends that plan to get this game on vita along side the PC version, and I probably will too depending on money, but I've already built myself a really good PC.

What I DID find annoying was how quick everyone was to throw away their faith in Sakai's team and swear this game was doomed "LIKE PSU."

After all the shit they go through for us, to keep us from becoming like those mood swinging psychopathic furries that we call Sonic fans (that'll never be pleased.) I'm pretty sure it's obvious that they knew what they were doing with this idea.

But I guess that's why they updated their blog, just to stop people from mashing the panic button and grabbing their half empty bottles haterade.

*Looks up from playing Sonic Generations* Wah?

NoiseHERO
Apr 10, 2012, 01:44 AM
*Looks up from playing Sonic Generations* Wah?
What?

You a Sonic fan?

Or a mood swinging psychopathic furry Sonic fan?

CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY!

AND OR NEVER BE PLEASED!

8BitGinno
Apr 10, 2012, 11:44 AM
Hrmm.. Personally, I don't really care either way if it's on the Vita or not.

My only thought is "why?" heh.

uhawww
Apr 10, 2012, 12:15 PM
I own a Vita.
I am hyped.

Ioriya
Apr 10, 2012, 12:16 PM
As long as the Vita version doesnt steal away all the players from PC version.

haha.

blazingsonic
Apr 10, 2012, 01:54 PM
What?

You a Sonic fan?

Or a mood swinging psychopathic furry Sonic fan?

CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY!

AND OR NEVER BE PLEASED!

A furry? Hell no.
No I tend to enjoy Sonic games I like, like any reasonable fan should, If I don't like something I just won't acknowledge it.