PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Game no longer working

WiZ1988
Mar 13, 2012, 01:24 PM
So last night I tried to play some PSU but nothing would load. The game has been running fine lately until yesterday. I uninstalled the game and downloaded the game again. Any advice or anyone have any experience with this problem? I missed the last event because my computer was being screwy and now it's pulling this bs now. Thanks ahead of time.
Wiz

WiZ1988
Mar 13, 2012, 01:30 PM
Edit: when I click on the PSU icon the first part opens and when I choose the 2nd option nothing happens, the selection window goes away but nothing loads. Would take a screen shot but I'm n class and on my phone.

Keilyn
Mar 13, 2012, 02:10 PM
Please list the following information

Operating System + Bit Depth (32 or 64)
Processor Model
Video Card + Video Card Driver version (if possible)

Please state if the Computer is a Laptop or a Desktop.

WiZ1988
Mar 13, 2012, 02:34 PM
The computer is a laptop. My XPS is out of comission so I just recently started playing on this old school laptop recently. It lags a lot but I missed the entire last event, the twin claws and all lol, so I will deal with the lag for some good drops and such. Specs are:

Windows XP
It's a Compaq-C500
Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU
440 @ 1.86GHz
1.86 GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM

Additional Information:

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile Report

Operating System: Windows XP* Home Edition, Service Pack 3 (5.1.2600)
Default Language: English
DirectX* Version: 9.0
Physical Memory: 1014 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory: 8 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory: 128 MB
Graphics Memory in Use: 8 MB
Processor: x86 family 6 Model 14 Stepping 12
Processor Speed: 1861 MHZ
Vendor ID: 8086
Device ID: 27A2
Device Revision: 03

Thanks Keilyn.

Not a good computer to be playing the game on but it's all I got currently until I figure out a new computer.

Keilyn
Mar 13, 2012, 02:57 PM
Did you install the game naturally on the laptop or did you simply transfer it into and hope the executable works?

Also, if you did and you are running Service Pack 3, then see if adding PSU into the list of exceptions of DEP will have it run.

Right click on "My computer" then go to Properties. In properties go to "Advanced" Tab. In that tab, look for "Performance" and click on "Settings."

Then go to Data Execution Prevention:

Under "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:"

Add two executables.

Add in "PsuIlluminus.exe" and "Online.exe"

Checkmark both boxes and then on the bottom of the screen hit "Apply" and "Ok"

See if PSU runs afterwards.

WiZ1988
Mar 13, 2012, 04:00 PM
I installed the game naturally. I tried the Data Execution Prevention and what not. Not having any luck. Thanks for that. I'm uninstalling all PSU stuff and redownloading the client, again. I am going to invest in a new laptop, Keilyn if you know of any good deals online let me know. Thanks for the help again. Going to keep trying with this.

Wiz

Positive
Mar 13, 2012, 05:05 PM
Did you change anything from the time it still worked up to when it stopped?

Keilyn
Mar 13, 2012, 05:09 PM
Before you uninstall everything and try again....

Sometimes the game wont start because gameguard/nprotect is corrupted or missing files. Delete the GameGuard directory contents and the game will attempt to download them again. See if that works.

If you don't see Gameguard start up, psujp wont start up.

WiZ1988
Mar 14, 2012, 12:31 AM
Gameguard is not showing up. I deleted all the content for it and the game did not try to download them again. Gameguard has been the problem all along. Normally when the game starts up in the top left corner gameguard and all that appears.

Positive
Mar 14, 2012, 12:47 AM
Try removing/allow it from firewall.

Keilyn
Mar 14, 2012, 01:03 AM
Yes, check the firewall.

Even if you have Windows Firewall Turned Off, the service is still on and active. If you run on a hardware firewall, check that too....

WiZ1988
Mar 14, 2012, 08:14 PM
Ok I think I got it working. Appears there is maintenance but the game is running and I was able to get to the point where I enter my username and what not. Thanks again for the help.

Keilyn
Mar 14, 2012, 09:07 PM
Oh that was good.

What was the problem for future reference?

Helping others fix computers is really like running a diagnostic department at a hospital. First I "diagnose" the problem, then attempt to fix it without breaking everything else. As a reference I always ask for your solution, then I memorize it for future reference

RINGMA$TER
Mar 14, 2012, 10:23 PM
is jp down right now? i cant seem to get online.

Keilyn
Mar 14, 2012, 10:31 PM
Server maintenance.