PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 event and new footage at Dengeki 2012 Thanks Festival

Mike
Mar 14, 2012, 08:31 AM
According to Shogai (http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2012/03/120314b.html), there will be a playable PSO2 demo at the Dengeki Thanks Festival 2012 in Akihabara on the 18th. There will also be a talk show with Sakai and some new footage too. And luckly the entire event will be streamed via Niconico Nama so you don't actually have to fly to Tokyo to see any new info! Shogai seems to think the video may be some beta footage.

Details
What: PSO2 talk show with new video
When: March 18th, 3:40 - 4:00 pm (in Japan)
Where: Stream entrance here (http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv84215759)
Bring: A Niconico Douga account. You'll need to be registered to watch the stream and even then Niconico Nama can and will kick non-subscribed accounts for subscribed accounts.

Vashyron's recording:
[spoiler-box]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaJszSQ5aKw[/spoiler-box]

Some of the info I can recall:
Mags can attack by themselves based on their stats.
Mag feeding works like it did in Zero. You can feed them weapons and armor.
SPECIAL WEAPONs may return as a techer is a possiblity for the new city
Mags have the same stats that characters have + an "energy" meter
Additionally, mags have an "Auto Action" and "Trigger Actions."
Trigger Actions look to be similar to what mags did in PSO when certain conditions were met (boss, low health, PB full).
Auto Actions are things like physical attacks, shooting, or techs.
Mags can be given "devices" that accelerate their evolution.

Dre_o
Mar 14, 2012, 08:40 AM
Hm. Sounds pretty sweet but I don't think I'm going to stay up into the wee hours of the morning again like I did with the media briefing. That is why Youtube is my friend.

Angelo
Mar 14, 2012, 09:05 AM
Just making sure... but that'll be 11:40 PM Pacific time on Saturday, right?

I'll stay up for that.

EDIT: Oh wait, isn't that St.Patrick's Day evening? I may be too intoxicated out of my mind to retain any info.

Spellbinder
Mar 14, 2012, 09:07 AM
I'll actually have time to go. That's a first.

D-Inferno
Mar 14, 2012, 09:15 AM
I'm just going too get the info on this when I wake up on the 18th (US time zones).

Cayenne
Mar 14, 2012, 09:46 AM
EDIT: Oh wait, isn't that St.Patrick's Day evening? I may be too intoxicated out of my mind to retain any info.

^this.

I'll be in Vegas for March Madness with a group of friends wasted out of our minds.

SELENNA
Mar 14, 2012, 03:56 PM
I'll wait for Mike's report (lol)

Tetsaru
Mar 17, 2012, 11:22 PM
Hmm, so is this video supposed to be up tonight?

Vashyron
Mar 17, 2012, 11:26 PM
It's already running, 2 hours and 14 mins from this post for them to start talking about PSO2 though.

Spellbinder
Mar 17, 2012, 11:30 PM
I totally overslept so I'm not going to go. :P Yay for niconico live stream.

MelancholyWitch
Mar 17, 2012, 11:48 PM
oh how wonderful! good news.

anyone know if they already talked about PSO2?

pikachief
Mar 18, 2012, 12:19 AM
anyone know if they already talked about PSO2?

It's already running, 2 hours and 14 mins from this post for them to start talking about PSO2 though.

Nope.

Fatal-Killer
Mar 18, 2012, 12:54 AM
Umm does the stream have a max viewer count or something? A error pops up every few minutes or so.

Vashyron
Mar 18, 2012, 12:57 AM
Yes it does.

Just hit back and you'll probably get right back in again. (Worked for me so far.)

Spellbinder
Mar 18, 2012, 01:00 AM
40 minutes to go.

Vashyron
Mar 18, 2012, 01:30 AM
10 Mins. :rappy:

Taichi01
Mar 18, 2012, 01:34 AM
I'm eagerly awaiting!

Mike
Mar 18, 2012, 01:34 AM
Things are running behind schedule, according to the comments. The PSO2 part might not start on time.

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 18, 2012, 01:35 AM
Fraps is ready to go. I'll work on the encode shortly after the show.

MelancholyWitch
Mar 18, 2012, 01:37 AM
oh nice thank you ! I was trying to set up Fraps on it myself didn't want to restart my browser though.

aozora
Mar 18, 2012, 01:48 AM
Damn FF XI filler

Mike
Mar 18, 2012, 01:51 AM
The PSO2 bit should be around 4pm now.

Taichi01
Mar 18, 2012, 01:53 AM
The PSO2 bit should be around 4pm now.
Thanks for the update :)

aozora
Mar 18, 2012, 01:55 AM
here it comes!

MelancholyWitch
Mar 18, 2012, 02:02 AM
I hope someone is recording for a translation!

Spellbinder
Mar 18, 2012, 02:02 AM
It's hard to listen when that darn premium thing stops the stream.
Not much information about the Vita. However, he does plan to test the Vita to see how well it plays alongside the PC version.

•Col•
Mar 18, 2012, 02:16 AM
LOL @ RIDING THE GRENADE LAUNCHER LIKE A ROCKET

MelancholyWitch
Mar 18, 2012, 02:19 AM
I lol'd too and the mag's PB gets used while you're able to attack!

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Mar 18, 2012, 02:20 AM
RIDIN' ON GUNS! *guitarriff*

Vashyron
Mar 18, 2012, 02:21 AM
Mags also attack on their own (Headbut!) in Mag form.

If only now I could equip both Grenade Launcher with the Cards.

Card Games on "Motorcycles!"

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 18, 2012, 02:21 AM
Eh? Did he just say psp3?

•Col•
Mar 18, 2012, 02:22 AM
Things I noticed:

Partisan had a "grab" Photon Art. Skewer an enemy and throw them away. Also, the "Twirl" feature looks pretty badass. Partisan/Spear has always been my favorite choice for Hunter AoE and it looks better than ever. :)

Looks like your Mag gets to attack while it floats by your side. Kind of like a Shadoog did in PSU.

The Grenade Launcher looks like a beast of a weapon. It probably does a crap ton of damage against large enemies. It also had that rocket ability that let you ride it around.... Looks kinda weird, but also kinda interesting.

With the cards, it looks like you throw a card with the normal attack button, then it'll stay wherever you throw it until you throw another one. If you cast a technic while a card is set, the technic will launch from the card. During this segment, I saw 2 new spells. Gifoie(like the one in PSO) and an AoE Ice spell... Looked kinda like Rabarta from PSO.

Mike
Prepare for the return of "SPECIAL WEAPONS?"

EDIT: Mags act on how they are grown. Physical mags headbut, ranged mags shoot, tech mags use techs. You can also change how mags act in battle a bit.

LK1721
I am shamelessly excited for this! Bwahahaha!

MelancholyWitch
Mar 18, 2012, 02:23 AM
Prepare for the return of "SPECIAL WEAPONS?"

What !?!?! really!?!?

MelancholyWitch
Mar 18, 2012, 02:23 AM
and what's with the guy to the very left who has said like 2 words the entire time?

Mike
Mar 18, 2012, 02:24 AM
What !?!?! really!?!?
A techer (ala PSO) was one of the shops Sakai said could be in the new city.

aozora
Mar 18, 2012, 02:25 AM
Dates for Cβ and information on the "4th revolution" coming at the Media Briefing 2nd =)

MelancholyWitch
Mar 18, 2012, 02:26 AM
A techer (ala PSO) was one of the shops Sakai said could be in the new city.

That makes me really happy! Thanks for mentioning this!

Hey Jonathan_F can you post the link on here for your upload once you're done with it?

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 18, 2012, 02:33 AM
Yup. I'll probably set youtube to upload as I head to bed so the link may not work initially when I put it up but as the upload finishes it'll be good.

EDIT:
Here's the link. The upload has 74 minutes to go and then youtube will probably process it out of the 1.2 gig xvid file I gave it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5k9gLj0rm4
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5k9gLj0rm4

MelancholyWitch
Mar 18, 2012, 02:36 AM
ok Thank you for doing that! I'm so eager about this now I've seen some really neat stuff they are going to do here, I can't imagine stuff we haven't even seen or heard of yet.

ShadowDragon28
Mar 18, 2012, 02:44 AM
F- YEAH Techers are back, "SPECIAL WEAPON" rare drops are back.. OMG awesome. I can't wait to play the closed beta.

Vashyron
Mar 18, 2012, 03:26 AM
I uploaded the part that the non JP speakers will be mostly interested in. :rappy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaJszSQ5aKw

Mike
Mar 18, 2012, 03:49 AM
I uploaded the part that the non JP speakers will be mostly interested in. :rappy:

[PSO2] New Lobby! Mags! Partisans, Launchers and Talis Weapon Types! (Dengeki 2012) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaJszSQ5aKw)

Lots of mag info in that video. I've added the video to the first post.

astronautcowboy
Mar 18, 2012, 04:09 AM
I'm sure people who bought the Dreamcast version when it first came out and have been fans of PSO since then probably feel the same as me - it's still hard to believe this is real, and so freaking exciting that it is.

MelancholyWitch
Mar 18, 2012, 04:09 AM
Yup. I'll probably set youtube to upload as I head to bed so the link may not work initially when I put it up but as the upload finishes it'll be good.

EDIT:
Here's the link. The upload has 74 minutes to go and then youtube will probably process it out of the 1.2 gig xvid file I gave it.

Phantasy Star Online 2 - Dengeki 2012 Thanks Festival - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5k9gLj0rm4)
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5k9gLj0rm4

Thanks so much for this! I'm sure those who weren't able to watch it live will appreciate it greatly too!

Dinosaur
Mar 18, 2012, 04:12 AM
Minus the Japanese and plus the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRwQbbELRe0

Vita trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frzI6dbLA00

Vashyron
Mar 18, 2012, 04:31 AM
By the way you guys noticed the Purple Telepipe icon both the HUmar and FOnewearl have? I'd like to say this is Ryuker thus meaning Hunters and Rangers can use Techs, but I guess it's not total confirmation.

NoiseHERO
Mar 18, 2012, 05:07 AM
Seriously loving that lobby more and more, I'll definitely be spending a LOT of time just hanging out there like I did in PSU days, causing chaos, sexually harassing people's female avatars and bullying people.

Techers returning should be interesting.

Cards are still awesome.

Glad to see mags take up some PSU concepts without people whining about it.

Hopefully what vash says is true about the other classes getting techs, otherwise, there's always sub classes. (Which I'm still wanting to hear more about + any more new weapons. ) Double sabers weren't my favorite weapon, but it kind of worries me that partizan works similarly to it. Hopefully not too many more weapons get replaced, obviously handgun and saber's not coming back. Unless it's some weird rare weapon that's still just a gunslash. @_@

Otherwise, glad I didn't stay up an extra 3 hours just for this little bit of info. D:

MelancholyWitch
Mar 18, 2012, 05:19 AM
By the way you guys noticed the Purple Telepipe icon both the HUmar and FOnewearl have? I'd like to say this is Ryuker thus meaning Hunters and Rangers can use Techs, but I guess it's not total confirmation.

I noticed that too I'd like for that to be the case... I know lots of people are probably use to PSU and other PS versions going towards strictly having FO use techniques but I'd love to be able to support my group well with a RAnewearl when a FO isn't available.

redroses
Mar 18, 2012, 05:27 AM
Mother of god.

Everything looks so awesome.
Partisans look like such a fun weapon and they have some pretty sweet attack animations. The twirl looks very interesting.

Launchers look like some extreme heavy hitting guns, and I lol'd at the part were the cast went riding on it. I wonder if it will have some function, mabye being able to hit/crash into enemies and damaging them with that.

Cards look so amazing! They bring something really refreshing to playing force in my opionion. It's really neat how you can set of the technics far away from you, it will be quite interesting using this in game.
(And ahhhh, those new techs looked awesome ;w;

And Mags, all I can say is "Shut up and take my money"!!!

Spellbinder
Mar 18, 2012, 05:30 AM
They continue to impress me as they reveal more of this game.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 18, 2012, 05:54 AM
Please tell me
Twin Hangun and shotgun/spreader will be in this game *cry*

For that matter I'll probably do Ranger first....although hunter is much much cooler looking....I was VERY fond of gunmaster on PSU a job that not alot of my friend did do to it's annoyance I found it a great job....

MelancholyWitch
Mar 18, 2012, 06:09 AM
I believe currently the only RA only weapons we have seen are the rifle and rocket launcher, I suppose you can say only ranged weapons have been those two and the gunblade, excluding cards of course.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 18, 2012, 06:24 AM
I believe currently the only RA only weapons we have seen are the rifle and rocket launcher, I suppose you can say only ranged weapons have been those two and the gunblade, excluding cards of course.

Oh of course :P Just hoping they add more along the way
Guess RA is set for most cases for now.
Rifle: Long Range
Grenade Launcher: Long Range/Spread
Gunblade: Close range.

If grenade launcher has a predetermined range (similar to psu)
Then RA might have some fun/problems when covered by mobs in their face.....no shot gun lol

Now if grenade launcher actually autotargets then that would cover that...and be really neat...
Unless the rocket animation actually harms nearby enemies then be all means lol

NoiseHERO
Mar 18, 2012, 06:50 AM
Motorcycle grenade launcher...

Still wish this game had vehicles, Always hoped we'd have mini ships, with My Room's in em.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 18, 2012, 06:56 AM
Motorcycle grenade launcher...

Still wish this game had vehicles, Always hoped we'd have mini ships, with My Room's in em.

soon hunter can ride partisans look a broom and hunter can...... hmmm....what would they ride? :o

MelancholyWitch
Mar 18, 2012, 06:59 AM
well maybe I'm wrong in assuming this but would anyone know if this "Rocket/Grenade" launcher that moves you around would be the same as the FO's technique I've seen in some Alpha 2 videos? I'm sure they wouldn't leave hunters out of that and let everyone be able to fly (glide) around like that.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 18, 2012, 07:09 AM
Maybe since hunter has all the flashyness anyway(weapons,moves,etc) gave ranger and force something?

youcantcatchtheblue
Mar 18, 2012, 07:20 AM
I'm very excited for the 2nd Media Briefing. Especially the "4th Revolution" part. Looks like some really big news might be coming our way.

Other than that, I'm a bit disappointed that they outright said these are the only 8 weapon types that will be available at launch. "Of course we will add more later" but 8 at launch seems fairly low, especially when Rangers and Forces only have 2 exclusive types each.

kornkid212
Mar 18, 2012, 07:24 AM
Awesome video! Thanks for recording and posting!

Who else was annoyed like hell from the stupid japanese girl that just keep saying "oooooh" "aaaaah" "eeeeeeh" all the time? Completely ruined the video for me

Dinosaur
Mar 18, 2012, 07:36 AM
Who else was annoyed like hell from the stupid japanese girl that just keep saying "oooooh" "aaaaah" "eeeeeeh" all the time? Completely ruined the video for me

I thought it was hilarious.

uwahhhhh sugoiioooooo uwahhhhh

NoiseHERO
Mar 18, 2012, 08:07 AM
I thought it was hilarious.

uwahhhhh sugoiioooooo uwahhhhh

Bad japanese promo acting!

What is her job again?

She mostly just stands there and look cute for the moe idol obsessed otaku guys, I think.

(Seems like a lot of business men and journalists pop up at these things though. @_@)

Also starting to feel a lot of PSU nostalgia for some reason, the early days when PSU was ultra fun, and in my opinion was the hottest thing since pizza was invented.

MelancholyWitch
Mar 18, 2012, 08:07 AM
Awesome video! Thanks for recording and posting!

lol to me it sounded like the only word she knew was cool, and sound effects.

GCoffee
Mar 18, 2012, 08:38 AM
Really guys? To me she is like mart music; I do not even hear it, anymore.

Blueblur
Mar 18, 2012, 09:37 AM
New lobbies remind me of the ridiculous and pointlessly large lobbies of PSU. I hope each block actually supports enough players to actually populate that huge ass lobby.

Dhylec
Mar 18, 2012, 10:15 AM
Lobbies look like an upgrade of PSO's with a touch of PSU's. New/additional weapons are always welcome. Mag's blast looks & feels like a summon.

Ce'Nedra
Mar 18, 2012, 10:29 AM
Some of the info I can recall:
Mags can attack by themselves based on their stats.
Mag feeding works like it did in Zero. You can feed them weapons and armor.
SPECIAL WEAPONs may return as a techer is a possiblity for the new city
Mags have the same stats that characters have + an "energy" meter
Additionally, mags have an "Auto Action" and "Trigger Actions."
Trigger Actions look to be similar to what mags did in PSO when certain conditions were met (boss, low health, PB full).
Auto Actions are things like physical attacks, shooting, or techs.
Mags can be given "devices" that accelerate their evolution.

So if I understand correctly mags will attack on their own like PSU's PM/MySytnh did and then also have their Photon Blast?

Ryoten
Mar 18, 2012, 10:35 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQO2nbD56hc

eclipsXe
Mar 18, 2012, 11:10 AM
thanks Mike for the info and Vashyron for the recording

I want it. I want it bad

SELENNA
Mar 18, 2012, 12:19 PM
Almost had to turn the sound off because of that annoying girl

Aiex
Mar 18, 2012, 12:35 PM
Those cards look awesome! They're going to open up the FO class to a lot of new strategies. Presumably they're weaken than rods, but it looks like that might be a small price to pay for the versatility.

I didn't play the alpha, but I can recall a couple places from caves where you climb up pretty high. Tossing cards out over enemies and raining down gizonde might be workable. I wonder how big you could get gizonde if you climbed up really high and then threw the card up even higher.

Kent
Mar 18, 2012, 02:04 PM
Is that some Gifoie and Gibarta I see in the card demonstration?

Considering how close they are to their PSO counterparts (and not that stupid PSU genericized crap), I wonder how Gizonde is going to look. Maybe it'll be the chain lightning we all know and love. Razonde being reworked makes sense, considering that it wasn't all that useful in the first place. Now all that's really left to be seen are Gizonde, Rafoie and Rabarta, as well as Grants/Megid if they exist.

Also, couldn't help but notice some buffing techniques on the hotkey bar, so that's nice.

I'm curious though, since Gifoie seems to have a rather confined area, I wonder if it could possibly follow the caster around. That would certainly be nice for melee-oriented Forces, though it could simply be a low-level version of the technique on display.

•Col•
Mar 18, 2012, 02:06 PM
I'm starting to worry that there won't be any Wind technics.... :( I really hope there are some...

Soul Guardian
Mar 18, 2012, 02:11 PM
I'm starting to worry that there won't be any Wind technics.... :( I really hope there are some...

So obviously by this logic there probably won't be any dark spells either because they haven't been shown off yet.

Also, PSO style techs instead of lame copypasta PSU ones = HNNNNG

•Col•
Mar 18, 2012, 02:14 PM
So obviously by this logic there probably won't be any dark spells either because they haven't been shown off yet.

Nope.avi

Here's the spells that were listed in the PSO2 alpha client data:

Techniques
Light:
grantz
gigrantz
ragrantz
resta
anti

Dark:
megido
gimegido
ramegido
samegido
czodrial

Wind: None apparently

Fire:
foie
befoie
gifoie
rafoie
shifta

Thunder:
zonde
gizonde
razonde
sazonde
zodiarl

Ice:
berta
giberta
raberta
deband
saberta

No Wind spells. D: Of course they could add them in later... But the fact that they haven't shown ANY at this point kind of worries me.

Soul Guardian
Mar 18, 2012, 02:25 PM
Nope.avi
No Wind spells. D: Of course they could add them in later... But the fact that they haven't shown ANY at this point kind of worries me.

Well then that's stupid. I was hoping maybe they'd bring back some of the wind magic from the older PS games or something. On another note, I see sa- techs in there. If they aren't doing the whole tech re-use thing from PSU, I wonder how they'll function...

EDIT: What, no debuffs either? Well I guess it doesn't bug me that much since tagging isn't required like the past two games.

EDIT AGAIN: Now I remember reading this list forever ago. Ugh, can't believe I completely forgot about it.

Ce'Nedra
Mar 18, 2012, 03:57 PM
Where did people get the idea for Wind element anyway?

Saotome Kaneda
Mar 18, 2012, 04:03 PM
Where did people get the idea for Wind element anyway?

If you're asking about where it's listed, some enemies(like Rockbear) have wind as a weakness, and this element is found on both weapons and armor.

Ce'Nedra
Mar 18, 2012, 04:09 PM
Sega wouldnt put a element in it and not make any techs with it. I guess wait for patches.

kyuuketsuki
Mar 18, 2012, 04:47 PM
Mag's blast looks & feels like a summon.
Yep. But so did PSOs'... only difference is there's no "time freeze".

•Col•
Mar 18, 2012, 06:09 PM
Sega wouldnt put a element in it and not make any techs with it.

Segac totally would put an element in and not many any techs for it. Oh ye of little faith.

Cayenne
Mar 18, 2012, 09:14 PM
Looks good.

ShadowDragon28
Mar 18, 2012, 09:24 PM
it would be awesome if some of the PB creatures are from PSZero.. I thought some of them looked pretty awesome (loved that bat-like one)

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l307/SIU_FS/IMG.jpg

Cayenne
Mar 18, 2012, 09:27 PM
Those remind me of Stags from Oddworld just a little bit hahaha.

Vashyron
Mar 18, 2012, 09:28 PM
I can see them doing that and the PSO ones.

Someone else probably noticed by now, but if you look at the video when the Mag Evolves and get it's PB, there is only one slot for a PB like PSZ.

Angelo
Mar 18, 2012, 10:02 PM
Ahh damnit! I missed this because I was too hammered!

But holy shit! Partisan and Talis look amazing!

I would totally go full on Partisan except I think it replaces block with the 'spin'... so... meh.

To be honest I'm okay with there being less weapon types because all of the weapons so far are incredibly unique. In fact I'm a little bummed because it makes the sword seem so boring in comparison. I'm still holding out for a 'true' heavy weapon like Axe or Hammer.

Also...Mag stuff or whatever.

Cayenne
Mar 18, 2012, 10:18 PM
Ahh damnit! I missed this because I was too hammered!

Hahaha same here bud but never once did I have PSO2 in my mind since thursday (yup, started drinking that early)

Ryoten
Mar 18, 2012, 10:27 PM
Liking the partisan & the cards/talis. I can see many techers using this for a huge advantage within the fields & multi-party areas. The mags & PBs looks amazing & thinking of the many others PBs will keep me on edge. Haven't played any other the alpha tests but hopefully I can get my hands on it to test it out like beta AotI. *Thanks guys*

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 18, 2012, 11:21 PM
RIDIN ON CARS - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQO2nbD56hc)

lmao i was thinking about this exact video when I read that lol

Ark22
Mar 18, 2012, 11:58 PM
The yellow mag looks pretty akwardly shaped. Damn my mind is in the gutter when I look at the yellow one lol. But besides that they all look beast.

Zorafim
Mar 19, 2012, 12:23 AM
There was nothing I saw in that video that I didn't love. Partisans (I heard Naginatas?) have the best looking polearm animations I've seen in any game. Launchers really solidify the heavy artillery type ranger style, while expanding upon it even more. I even saw a flash of genesis PS nostalgia while watching that thing launch. I don't know what to think of Talis style wise, but I know it looks amazing and can't wait to see more of it in action.
Everything just looks so great. It's hard for me to believe that there's even more work that needs to be put into the game after seeing all this.

Lucky 777
Mar 19, 2012, 01:07 AM
I squealed like a little girl after seeing what they did to the card class. My favorite weapon class now looks insanely cool and useful.

Also that Launcher PA looks like some silly shenanigans to be had. The Partisan is kinda eh compared to the other 2 weapon classes in my opinion.

Dinosaur
Mar 19, 2012, 12:18 PM
Also that Launcher PA looks like some silly shenanigans to be had. The Partisan is kinda eh compared to the other 2 weapon classes in my opinion.

Sword will forever be the manliest hunter weapon.

From what it looks like, Partisan has very reliable attack range.

Cayenne
Mar 19, 2012, 01:21 PM
My concerns for mags are gone as soon as I saw how fast and effective it was when it was summoned/released (I don't know).

SEGA keeps surprising me!

drmcst45
Mar 19, 2012, 02:43 PM
Can't wait. This is true to the PSO series. Just win baby!

SELENNA
Mar 19, 2012, 03:36 PM
I'm starting to wonder just how many levels there are. I fear it won't be enough to satisfy me. I'd at least want 10 zones if not more, and a whole lot of different monsters.

r00tabaga
Mar 19, 2012, 04:58 PM
At 1st I was like...great PSU2. I admit now that I was wrong, this is more like PSO with each new info rreleased. It has a lot of PSU in it, but thank god that it's only the good stuff.

Ce'Nedra
Mar 19, 2012, 05:02 PM
Segac totally would put an element in and not many any techs for it. Oh ye of little faith.

I'm having sega starting with a clean line for PSO2 so i'm still rather positive about things. Just not that they knocked down the difficulty then i guess.

Also after watching that vid...LOL jabroken on partisans

lostinseganet
Mar 19, 2012, 06:15 PM
"SPECIAL WEAPONs may return as a techer is a possiblity for the new city" I do not understand this. Does this mean partner machines?

Omega-z
Mar 19, 2012, 06:27 PM
lostinseganet - they mean the ????? weapon's form PSO could return since their thinking of adding a Tinker shop in the new Central City lobby.

r00tabaga
Mar 19, 2012, 06:34 PM
Count me in as long as they use the dramatic PSO techer sound effect!

lostinseganet
Mar 19, 2012, 06:47 PM
I'm sure people who bought the Dreamcast version when it first came out and have been fans of PSO since then probably feel the same as me - it's still hard to believe this is real, and so freaking exciting that it is.Count me in as one of those dreamcast lovers.

•Col•
Mar 19, 2012, 07:39 PM
I'm having sega starting with a clean line for PSO2 so i'm still rather positive about things. Just not that they knocked down the difficulty then i guess.

Well I wouldn't be TOO surprised if they didn't add any spells for Wind... And it really wouldn't even diminish the game by much... But I would want them so much. T_T

I really hope they are some in the final version of the game.

Count me in as one of those dreamcast lovers.

Suspicious of this since you didn't even know what SPECIAL WEAPONs and Techer meant....

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g437/chester135/awesomefacewut.png

Omega-z
Mar 19, 2012, 09:19 PM
Oh, everyone the correct way to say it is "Tekker" not Techer since ppl would get it confused with the class system term of usage. if you care to use it?

Colaya - maybe he meant he love's the dreamcast, but didn't get the game for it?:-?
oh that face would make a good Smilie.

Sparzyle
Mar 19, 2012, 11:34 PM
Oh, everyone the correct way to say it is "Tekker" not Techer since ppl would get it confused with the class system term of usage. if you care to use it?
I wanted to say this because I got confused with everybody saying "techer" insread of "tekker", I almost thought it was another PSU TECHNICs related thing lol.

r00tabaga
Mar 20, 2012, 12:00 AM
I like force better than techer. Sounds way more better.

C-Shan
Mar 20, 2012, 01:38 AM
So damn excited for this game now.

I've been having my doubts in certain aspects, but the past few updates have shown they're trying to make this more PSO than PSU.

This pleases me greatly.

Now they just need to announce it to have a US launch as well.

lostinseganet
Mar 20, 2012, 10:03 PM
Well I wouldn't be TOO surprised if they didn't add any spells for Wind... And it really wouldn't even diminish the game by much... But I would want them so much. T_T

I really hope they are some in the final version of the game.

Suspicious of this since you didn't even know what SPECIAL WEAPONs and Techer meant....

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g437/chester135/awesomefacewut.png
lol special weapons was too vague for me but the ???? and then the Techer=Tekker clicked in. When i see Techer I think force because to me Techer=TECHniques. That was what was going though my head.

NoiseHERO
Mar 21, 2012, 08:08 AM
I like force better than techer. Sounds way more better.

I dunno...

Techer sounds like "I use technology to do things." Which TECHs are technology (Not magic)

While Force is like... "I'm a Force... of Nature!- Wait, no...What?"

Same thing though.

ShadowDragon28
Mar 21, 2012, 03:00 PM
IMO. Technics/Techniques are a kind of artificial Psionics utilizing special technological implants and mental abilities together to generate the effects of each "Technique". The only one's that could use "true Magic" were the Espers and half-Espers from the Algol (algo) Star System in the classic Phantasy Star games. It's just in PSO/PSU/PSO 2 Techniques/Technics can be downloaded into the brain et all via cybernetic implants ( yes there is a element of cyberpunk in PSO/PSO 2, Ps II was fairly cyber-punkish).

Angelo
Mar 21, 2012, 09:07 PM
IMO. Technics/Techniques are a kind of artificial Psionics utilizing special technological implants and mental abilities together to generate the effects of each "Technique". The only one's that could use "true Magic" were the Espers and half-Espers from the Algol (algo) Star System in the classic Phantasy Star games. It's just in PSO/PSU/PSO 2 Techniques/Technics can be downloaded into the brain et all via cybernetic implants ( yes there is a element of cyberpunk in PSO/PSO 2, Ps II was fairly cyber-punkish).

I always assumed that it was linked to something more spiritual. Like the Technic itself is a newly discovered way to gather what spirit you have and then utilize it with photons in the atmosphere. Sort of in the way that maybe in the future sentient beings have learned to use 'more of their brain' or something.

The thing that makes me think it's something more spiritual and not quite as 'raw science' based is because certain characters (i.e. Karen) couldn't use Technics until she merged with Mirei because the latter was more in-tune with photons in the world despite the fact that they were twin sisters of the same race.

I think the 'disks' on their own are just raw data on how to prepare yourself to execute the tech, sort of in the way that in most fantasy games you learn spells through books/tomes. It's just that disks are more 'sci-fi' than books.

r00tabaga
Mar 21, 2012, 09:21 PM
I always pictured techniques as the scene in Matrix where they download fighting sysrems into Neo and then he turns and says, "I know Kung Fu".
Level 20 Disk........."I know Gibarta!"

moorebounce
Mar 21, 2012, 11:56 PM
I always pictured techniques as the scene in Matrix where they download fighting sysrems into Neo and then he turns and says, "I know Kung Fu".
Level 20 Disk........."I know Gibarta!"

Now that I think about it I agree with the whole Matrix train of thought myself as far as learning techs. I had no idea what determined why some characters could do maximum tech levels of only 15 or 20.

Dinosaur
Mar 22, 2012, 12:23 AM
Now that I think about it I agree with the whole Matrix train of thought myself as far as learning techs. I had no idea what determined why some characters could do maximum tech levels of only 15 or 20.

IIRC Non-force females could get level 20 techs, non-force males could get up to level 15.

In terms of the explanation behind everyone being able to cast techs - just play Mass Effect(or read about it).

chaos-shadow
Mar 22, 2012, 09:42 AM
Wowww! I've definitely found what my second character is going to be - love that partisan! * 0 *

And I would never had considered cards, but looking at it now... yes. Yes I want to try that out~

Can't wait for MAGS!

Shadownami92
Mar 22, 2012, 06:56 PM
I always assumed that it was linked to something more spiritual. Like the Technic itself is a newly discovered way to gather what spirit you have and then utilize it with photons in the atmosphere. Sort of in the way that maybe in the future sentient beings have learned to use 'more of their brain' or something.

The thing that makes me think it's something more spiritual and not quite as 'raw science' based is because certain characters (i.e. Karen) couldn't use Technics until she merged with Mirei because the latter was more in-tune with photons in the world despite the fact that they were twin sisters of the same race.

I think the 'disks' on their own are just raw data on how to prepare yourself to execute the tech, sort of in the way that in most fantasy games you learn spells through books/tomes. It's just that disks are more 'sci-fi' than books.

I always figured it wasn't spiritual at all and that techs were just a person's manipulation of photons in the air. In terms of how it's just I figured it was sort of like weaponizing the persons own photons to control the photons around them.

Sort of like how the enemies in PSO reacted to certain types of photon energy as explained in the Dr. Montague quests and whatnot. I figured maybe people who were able to use techs better were people that were either just more in tune with photon usage or their bodies just hold/produced more raw photon energy. I figured that was why stronger enemies seemed to get more glowy on Ragol, since they had more focused photon energy in them, similar to photon weaponry, and how monsters like Chaos Bringers and Chaos Sorcerors could use energy projectiles and techs.

In terms of the possibility of choosing a class it could be possible that Forces have some sort of catalyst that enables them to expel photon energy out of their body rather than use it as physical energy which would explain why they are physically weaker than Rangers and Hunters.