PDA

View Full Version : Were there ever "Male Exclusive" weapons in PSO/PSU/PSP?

kornkid212
Mar 15, 2012, 03:14 PM
So i know in all PSOs there is at least one or 2 Female exclusive weapons (ex: Viviene, Umbrella), and Cast exclusive weapons like the Durandal i think, the Axe spear.

But were there ever Human or Male exclusive weapons?

NoiseHERO
Mar 15, 2012, 03:18 PM
Crea weapons were human and newman exclusive.

Think there's a couple few more, but PSU/PSP2 has too many weapons for me to remember. (All of the cool stuff from PSO + PSU + PSP2/PSP2i + Fan made stuff)

Mag-X
Mar 15, 2012, 03:25 PM
Stag Cutlery was male only.

Vashyron
Mar 15, 2012, 03:44 PM
Kan Yu dig it. (http://psupedia.info/Kan_Yu)

AzureBlaze
Mar 15, 2012, 03:45 PM
Yes, there were several, especially in PSO

The Stag Cutlery (darth maul's double saber) was male only
Byrdish (looked like a hammer, swing like a part) was cast male only
Psychoguns could only be used by things with a living brain (hence no casts)
Love Heart (the sheild, I think) was worn on the arm/only for girls
One of the wands was too, either a rose or a flower or something...
Smoke Plate was FOnewm only
There was the big claw that was HUnewearl only? Laconium something?
Both parasols were for females
PSU had pink kitty paws or something

So they've liked sprinkling in 'exclusives' ever since PSO even. Which, for the most part is good, as long as they don't get carried away or make everything too stereotypical. I think cool looking exclusives are ok, as long as there's also plenty of good variety for EVERYone, so that those 'exclusive extras' really ARE extras.

Demon-
Mar 15, 2012, 03:47 PM
Besides Stag Cutlery being male only on PSO the only one on PSU I can remember is Papillon Ciel wand. Don't think there where any human only weapons.

Oh yeah forgot about Kan Yu on PSU.

Akaimizu
Mar 15, 2012, 05:04 PM
Van Brella was male only. Though the females got the Madame Brella.

Freshellent
Mar 15, 2012, 05:16 PM
Kan Yu dig it. (http://psupedia.info/Kan_Yu)

GODDAMMIT I RUSHED TO THIS THREAD TO MAKE THAT JOKE MYSELF, ALAS I WAS TOO LATE.

FSCK.

Fox2Tails
Mar 15, 2012, 06:17 PM
Zanba and Asteron Belt was male only on PSO

kornkid212
Mar 15, 2012, 06:44 PM
wow didnt realise there were so many, i guess because most were japan exclusive.

Still awesome, hope they do bring exclusive weapons again, makes races/sex feel more unique.

Mag-X
Mar 15, 2012, 07:06 PM
Master Raven was male only
Last Swan was female only
They combined to make dual bird

moorebounce
Mar 15, 2012, 07:17 PM
I loved the Sex, Race and Class exclusive weapons in PSO. It made players use different Sexes, races and Classes. Thats if they liked that exclusive weapon of course.

GreenArcher
Mar 18, 2012, 09:26 PM
Guld male only
Milla female only

Alisha
Mar 19, 2012, 12:43 PM
Yes, there were several, especially in PSO

The Stag Cutlery (darth maul's double saber) was male only
Byrdish (looked like a hammer, swing like a part) was cast male only
Psychoguns could only be used by things with a living brain (hence no casts)
Love Heart (the sheild, I think) was worn on the arm/only for girls
One of the wands was too, either a rose or a flower or something...
Smoke Plate was FOnewm only
There was the big claw that was HUnewearl only? Laconium something?
Both parasols were for females
PSU had pink kitty paws or something

So they've liked sprinkling in 'exclusives' ever since PSO even. Which, for the most part is good, as long as they don't get carried away or make everything too stereotypical. I think cool looking exclusives are ok, as long as there's also plenty of good variety for EVERYone, so that those 'exclusive extras' really ARE extras.

berdysh was never cast male only. it just debuted at a time when there was no hucaseal and rangers couldnt use it.

Omega-z
Mar 19, 2012, 05:37 PM
Alisha - That's incorrect the Berdysh is a "Male HuCast" only weapon (during PSO day's form Ver 1.0 ) and that's even with the HuCaseal and Ranger's in the picture ( unless you cheat to use it ) but was changed later on. PSU's Version is an all User as long as you have the right class to use it.

Alnet
Mar 20, 2012, 02:08 AM
Wasn't Rutsularod in PSU/PSP2 male-only? One of the strongest casting weapons around, and all the mages are little girls.

failstrom
Mar 20, 2012, 03:38 AM
Although I don't get what this has to do with PSO2, yeah, there were plenty as poitned out previously. I never felt as a player that I had a sex disadvantage from weapons if that's what you're asking. I felt more of a stat disadvantage as a techer though. Sort of like FOnewm sucked compared to FOney and HUcaseal sucked compared to HUcast. Also in PSU there was definate CASTurbating in the race exclusive weapons (12 star for cast, 11 for beast, 10 star for newman, and 9 star terrible creas for human)

Krank32oz
Mar 20, 2012, 10:15 AM
He was probably just asking if PSO2 will have specific weapons and armor like PSO did. Which my guess is it will. Or hopefully because like everyone else i think its a pretty cool idea.

Alisha
Mar 20, 2012, 11:10 AM
Alisha - That's incorrect the Berdysh is a "Male HuCast" only weapon (during PSO day's form Ver 1.0 ) and that's even with the HuCaseal and Ranger's in the picture ( unless you cheat to use it ) but was changed later on. PSU's Version is an all User as long as you have the right class to use it.

uh hucaseal could use berdysh >_>

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/BERDYSH-1.jpg

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=200

MelancholyWitch
Mar 20, 2012, 05:04 PM
look at the link you posted yourself, Ver 1 and 2 (DC & PC) HUcast only, that's what he referred to...PSO didn't start on the GC =p that's from DC days.

Vashyron
Mar 20, 2012, 05:23 PM
HUcaseal didn't even exist at that point.

MelancholyWitch
Mar 20, 2012, 05:50 PM
yes which is what he was trying to say I believe.

Omega-z
Mar 20, 2012, 05:54 PM
Actually, it's DC,PC and GC Ver 1.0 Ep.1&2 didn't have HUcaseal use berdysh and was "FIXED" with Ver. 1.1 and then on HUcaseal's were able to use them, then with BB having the rest doing so too.

Side note from here It state's that HUcaseal were able to use it after this point in time (Blue Burst (PC) & Version 3 (GC & XBox): Episodes 1, 2 & 4)

Macman
Mar 21, 2012, 05:57 PM
PSO:BB had a few, but they didn't really stand out
Zanba, Stag Cutlery, Master Raven (which couldn't combo), Handgun Guld, Asteron Belt

Females had a ton more which were usually better overall:
The 3 Parasols, Vivienne, Rambling May, Nei's Claw, Heart of Poumn, Last Swan (like Master Raven but could combo), Handgun Milla, Flapjack Flapper

Phantasy Star has always been sexist against male characters, it seems.

Sparzyle
Mar 21, 2012, 06:23 PM
PSO:BB had a few, but they didn't really stand out
Zanba, Stag Cutlery, Master Raven (which couldn't combo), Handgun Guld, Asteron Belt

Females had a ton more which were usually better overall:
The 3 Parasols, Vivienne, Rambling May, Nei's Claw, Heart of Poumn, Last Swan (like Master Raven but could combo), Handgun Milla, Flapjack Flapper

Phantasy Star has always been sexist against male characters, it seems.Actually Master Raven had way much more ATP than the Last Swan, but if you combined them created the Dual Bird which had a bit less ATP than Master Raven but had a longer range, so that balances the "sexism" between these weapons I think.

Macman
Mar 21, 2012, 06:55 PM
Actually Master Raven had way much more ATP than the Last Swan, but if you combined them created the Dual Bird which had a bit less ATP than Master Raven but had a longer range, so that balances the "sexism" between these weapons I think.The ability to combo is WAY more important when it comes to ranged weapons and the fact that later on most of your attack power comes from your base ATP with these weapons. Master Raven was borderline useless on it's own. Until a certain version combo-unlocked it...
Also Dual Bird did not have a longer range than the guns that create it alone.