PDA

View Full Version : New information Via Newsletter about Beta

Quebe_Lae
Mar 16, 2012, 06:57 AM
Was excited to get this in my inbox this morning. Translated by the googles.

▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽ ▼ ▽

Phantasy Star Online 2 2012/3/16 communication

△ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △ ▲ △
This e-mail, "Phantasy Star Online 2" E-mail Newsletter
We have to send If you would like delivery.

◆ ━ ━ <INDEX> ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ◆
[1] for the corresponding public demand α2 test
Share your new official website [2]
[3] version of PlayStation (R) Vita, announced! Everyone from producer to Sakai
◆ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ◆
[1] for the corresponding public demand α2 test

Hello, everyone!

Was opened to the public the corresponding page α2 demand test on Friday 16 March at the official site.

Make sure all of the contents of the opinions and requests of more than 30,000 who test in the α2,
I made a scrutiny in the development team, including the related quest and battle,
My room, such as a new element of the α2-related test, please see carefully!

In addition, at the end of the page, let us know so we have about the test next time,
Please check until the end!

▼ corresponding demand for "Phantasy Star Online 2" α2 test
http://pso2.jp/alpha2/after

-------------------------------------------------- --------------
Share your new official website [2]

News about the mug had been than before, more information has been released.

In addition, one mug ARCS and lobby, to each new class became widely
You can enjoy new weapons such as information to be added.

Mag is a partner of the player, not only to grow a variety of forms,
That gives off a photon blast and me together fighting to change the face to the phantom beast!
Mug of this time also, I might gush quite fond of!

Please see by all means!

-------------------------------------------------- --------------
[3] version of PlayStation (R) Vita, announced! Everyone from producer to Sakai

That everyone expected me to "Phantasy Star Online 2",
Thank you very much.

Also, everyone who your opinion, and everyone who join us to test α2
Thank you very much.

As I would also like to know what in the report, attended by more than 50,000 to more,
23,000 or more people, more than 30,000 comments and further, the maximum concurrent connections is also very
Became meaningful test.

Reviewing the comments were received from you, while you sift through
I was allowed to be announced today a response to feedback.

From the results of opinion surveys and who, for the game to some extent
We thought that was not available or a good evaluation. By this result,
For the test I will conduct a "closed β test" as planned next.

In the closed β test is added larger game content. Story and quest elements,
Add Category or weapon, you will be able to finally play field is also the city.

In the future, to meet the voice of you that have kept you waiting, and as early as possible to the official service
You want to migrate.

Requests for support, this announcement is not all. We handled separately by the development team
As part of the extension and go up more quality part that, in future management
Studies such as those that are ahead of you in this announcement.

"PSO2" so will continue to operate as an online-only game,
Feedback from time to time, while also reflecting the request after the service in, while providing regular updates
I think it will enrich the content, and if it is possible a request will continue.

The schedule for closed β test anxious as the next stage, will be announced at the end of March.

In addition, in response to home-use game machine, character data can be shared
Was also happy to announce version (R) Vita PlayStation.

It seems that also was felt for everyone who had been expected a dedicated PC, and a little worried about presentation,
That, and fun is lost by the corresponding superiority of the PC version to version (R) Vita PlayStation there is no absolute.

Rather than stationary, in the household of the online game by the deployment of mobile machines dare
Because it opens up the possibility thinking, as we would like to enjoy the "PSO2" to more people,
I think that you expect further news in the future.

Play for synchronization, because I am a variety of opinions, PlayStation version in (R) Vita
As with version PC, I will firmly support and consideration while performing user testing.

It supports the firm from doing service in the version of the PC, more than anything else. Release of (R) Vita PlayStation is
I think it has been scheduled for 2013, and if it is possible to enjoy playing the PC version first.

For closed β test of the PC version, we plan aims to scale participation of 100,000 people on a large scale further.

everyone who brought the character to level 10 in the α2 test will become a priority participation,
Everyone who participated in the tests so far, so will be subject automatically lottery, again
There is no application you need us.

In addition, As you can also participate for everyone who is interested in that "PSO2" a new,
Will be allowed further recruitment on a large scale.

I was allowed to publish new information for closed β test.

As a "media briefing 2nd" for the purpose let me concrete announcement about the future development
Now to be held in late March a presentation for new media.

And the future roadmap announced in the official service fee and form, content and timing of the next test.
I think they are about to go also mentioned aim of "PSO2" further "fourth revolution".

About "media briefing 2nd" is scheduled for video distribution as well as the last time.
Since this presentation, further details will continue through the game is to clear each media.

For dates, etc., so I will guide you again, please stay tuned means.
Kept you waiting as much as possible without everyone who has expectations, as soon enjoy a formal service,
Both the development team, management team, I will do my best could.

We look forward to "Phantasy Star Online 2" in the future, whether.

Satoshi Sakai, producer March 16, 2012

Thank you to "Phantasy Star Online 2" in the future.

-----------------------------

ISAO SEGA Corporation / Published by:

-----------------------------
All rights reserved of this email

Anon_Fire
Mar 16, 2012, 07:59 AM
It's okay you tried, but Google Translate shouldn't be relied on for something like this. Mike, will you do the honors?

NoiseHERO
Mar 16, 2012, 08:06 AM
Google translate will just give you a headache, I think most of this information's been covered except for a couple of things.

Most signing up to the beta is mentioned here, which I'm still fuzzy on. Also announcing the actual dates at the end of this month. @_@

Spellbinder
Mar 16, 2012, 08:16 AM
Waiting to get this mail so I can read through it.

Mike
Mar 16, 2012, 09:31 AM
The first two parts are already dealt with in another topic. The message from Sakai is too only just the important bits. I guess the full version would be something like;

To everyone who is waiting for PSO2, thank you.

Another thank you to those who participated in the second alpha and to those who submitted opinions.

Like we reported, there were over 50,000 participants, a maximum of more than 23,000 simultaneous connections, and more than 30,000 opinions making a very valuable test.

We closely examined all the opinions and have announced our reactions to the opinions we selected.

Looking at the results of the questionairre and opinions, we think people are fairly satisfied with the game's content and will go ahead with the closed beta test as scheduled.

There will be lots of new things added in the closed beta: story quests and quest elements, new weapon categories, and finally the city area will be available to play.

We are also trying to begin official service as soon as possible.

Of all the requests that we released today, there are still many unannounced ones. We refrained from posting those that deal with areas that development team is giving special treatment to to increase quality and those that deal with possible expansions to the game's service.

PSO2 is an online only game so even after the game officially launches, we will be making changes and updates based on your opinions and requests so we welcome anything you may still have to say.

I know you all want to know, but the period in which the closed beta test will take place will be announced at the end of March.

Additionally, as solution for consoles, we announced PSO2 for the Playstation Vita which will share character data with the PC version.

This was a worrisome announcement for those of you who were hoping for a PC only PSO2 but have not fear, the Vita version wont take priority over the PC version nor will the PC version lose anything fun because of it.

Developing the game for a portable console instead of a home console opens the possiblities of PSO2 and will allow more people to play so we ask that you look forward to further announcements on the Vita PSO2.

We've also heard varied opinions on the possibility of PC-Vita play and much like the we'll be making decisions on this after we have throughly tested it with our users.

But right now the most important thing is the launch of the PC version. The Vita version wont be available until 2013 so please give the PC version a play.

On the beta test, we're looking to increase the number of participants to 100,000.

The people who reached level 10 or above in the previous test will take precendence over other tests but if you participated in any of the previous tests you will be automatically considered for participation so there is no need for you to apply to participate a second time.

We would also like new people who are interested in PSO2 to participate so we will be accepting a large number of participants.

We also released some new information on the beta.

In order to properly announce the new developments we will be holding a second media briefing at the end of March.

It will cover the announcement of the beta testing period, the charges and fees for the service, and our plans for the future. We also plan to mention the "4th Revolution."

Like last time, we'll broadcast the media briefing over the internet and release more details to the gaming media afterwards.

We'll get the details on the date to you later but know that we, the development team, are trying our best to bring you PSO2 as soon as possible.

March 16th, 2012, Satoshi Sakai, Producer.

Ce'Nedra
Mar 16, 2012, 10:23 AM
So it seems even people who wern't in the 2nd alpha can get in the closed beta. Hope there will be site to sign up soon, i wanna give it a go

Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2012, 10:59 AM
Great, my friends have been dying to play this game but didn't get to play alpha. It looks like they(and everyone else) will be able to get the chance to play!

NoiseHERO
Mar 16, 2012, 11:02 AM
So they're didn't tell us ALL of the things that the fans requested because they were already working on some of them. I guess it's safe to assume my worries over character creation can shut up.

Of all the requests that we released today, there are still many unannounced ones. We refrained from posting those that deal with areas that development team is giving special treatment to to increase quality and those that deal with possible expansions to the game's service.

PSO2 is an online only game so even after the game officially launches, we will be making changes and updates based on your opinions and requests so we welcome anything you may still have to say.

We've also heard varied opinions on the possibility of PC-Vita play and much like the we'll be making decisions on this after we have throughly tested it with our users.

But right now the most important thing is the launch of the PC version. The Vita version wont be available until 2013 so please give the PC version a play.

For the 37th time @ people paranoid about the Vita version with everything he just said, I told you so.

Also, what's this... 4th revolution?

r00tabaga
Mar 16, 2012, 02:01 PM
Sure would be nice to hear about a us release...............cant believe Im buying a PC just for 1 Japanese only game.

NoiseHERO
Mar 16, 2012, 02:15 PM
Sure would be nice to hear about a us release...............cant believe Im buying a PC just for 1 Japanese only game.

It's called, we're all fanboys losers.

But really I needed a new PC in general, mine died like RIGHT when I had enough to build a new one.

So it's mostly just you guys that are losers MUWAHAHAHA!

Ark22
Mar 16, 2012, 04:48 PM
Since I am always right, I will go and say THIS WILL BE INTERNATIONAL! That is all *steps off the stage*

lostinseganet
Mar 16, 2012, 06:36 PM
Make sure not to gimp on the ram. Vram is better than regular ram for games. So for a coop game like this aim for 512mb or vram if you can afford it. If you cant go for 256mb vram.

kyuuketsuki
Mar 16, 2012, 08:30 PM
Make sure not to gimp on the ram. Vram is better than regular ram for games. So for a coop game like this aim for 512mb or vram if you can afford it. If you cant go for 256mb vram.
... Yeah, you shouldn't even buying a dedicated graphic card with less than 512 megs of RAM nowadays. Although you could probably play this on an A8 Llano's integrated graphics, and that has zero dedicated VRAM, so...

This was a worrisome announcement for those of you who were hoping for a PC only PSO2 but have not fear, the Vita version wont take priority over the PC version nor will the PC version lose anything fun because of it.
This reassures me more than the previous statements did, since they're explicitly stating that the PC version has priority and they won't allow the Vita version to take anything away from the main platform, which is and always will be PC.

MelancholyWitch
Mar 17, 2012, 11:00 AM
Has there been any news of the Closed beta yet besides this post? I haven't even made my Japanese email so I guess I'd like as much information as possible on how to get in the closed beta.

NoiseHERO
Mar 17, 2012, 11:17 AM
... Yeah, you shouldn't even buying a dedicated graphic card with less than 512 megs of RAM nowadays. Although you could probably play this on an A8 Llano's integrated graphics, and that has zero dedicated VRAM, so...

This reassures me more than the previous statements did, since they're explicitly stating that the PC version has priority and they won't allow the Vita version to take anything away from the main platform, which is and always will be PC.

Was meaning to quote that part in my earliest post, but yeah I'm done defending the Vita version now.