PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU - Who is willing to gamble on melee power attack boost weapon?

psu000
Mar 17, 2012, 11:09 AM
Suppose it can be high % as well as neutral right??

The other thing is the requirement of mats/GB. Asking a bit too much by my standard. In fact, anyone still got 80 GB + a swordsman unit to gamble, if not wasted, for a single element melee weapon that vaires on the % ?

Positive
Mar 17, 2012, 12:22 PM
Would make sense for some of the weapons. There are no more new pspo2i S rank axes to release. Unless they decide to make Skull Deathscythe or Hypnosis an S rank pa boost axe (who knows when), your best bet is to get End-if skill boost custom.

Only TAers would even care about pa boost stuff anyways, and getting a neutral one wouldn't really matter to them since they are already spamming gc.

Keilyn
Mar 17, 2012, 12:41 PM
Actually the PA boost stuff has a dark dirty secret attached to it...

A PA boost item on a newman or human allows a player to hit as hard (or almost as hard) as a cast or beast who uses unboosted weapons. Take this into account that Newmans already have the highest EVP, MST and TP and the second highest ATA in the game and it becomes devastating.

By "hitting hard" I mean, reducing the number of hits to the point that it takes the same combos to strike down an enemy. My female newman wartecher w/ a 10/10 twin gabriel actually kills a Gaozoran in the second combo of Renzan-Seidan in Like a Dream. A cast and a beast, what a surprise! So much ATP as a Fortefighter, but it still takes combo 2 to kill a Gao...

Doesnt mean that there aren't enemies that Casts and Beasts with the same weapon wont reduce down to one, but when most weapons get reduced down to three or two hits, its only so hard to reduce that any further. Other races can match up.

psu000
Mar 17, 2012, 01:08 PM
Since no one post what the skill power boost is about, I just assume that it is the same as the Archservant (rod) being 1.4 boost. In the case of Tech and gun weapon, it's the the PA level that determines how much damage you do. But the melee needs a extra bit of luck on the % (plus your preferred) element you are likely going to get for your weapon, if not neutral. So is it really worth the risk for the material spend for it.

I mean the way that Sega dish out % is really random. In such case, one might argue that it is possible to have a 10/10 48% double cannon does more damage than a 38% 10/10 Shippudotoh (+10 stats pending). So once again, will you take the risk with a swordsman unit + 80 GB ?

VectormanX
Mar 17, 2012, 01:39 PM
At this point, I would not risk it. Unless you have the excess mats and surplus money to throw around. For tech and range weapon, maybe, but for melee, not a chance.

Tawon
Mar 17, 2012, 01:40 PM
Ok well if you are looking at double cannon which has a 13% pa boost and at 10/10 has 845 atk, well the 2nd stage of the double saber has 864 atk at 7/10 and more base atk so at 10/10 it will have a lot more atk than a double cannon. Also the PA boost is most likely 20-30% for the last stage so... yes it will wreck a double cannon. Also you said 48% double cannon well, even if the saber you get is under 40, gc it to 40, and it will still hit harder than double cannon.

Cloudstrife xx
Mar 17, 2012, 01:44 PM
However at around 1.2k hp my Rengokuto Renza 8/10 matches with a 10/10 Double Cannon how will this Flag ship Dbl compare with a 10/10 Renza?

XbikXBd
Mar 17, 2012, 02:30 PM
If one of the upgrades was 0 Ver. then maybe worth it on some.

Keilyn
Mar 17, 2012, 02:52 PM
However at around 1.2k hp my Rengokuto Renza 8/10 matches with a 10/10 Double Cannon how will this Flag ship Dbl compare with a 10/10 Renza?

Rengokuto Renza only works when players run under revenge blast. I also noticed in your video that although you inflicted more damage as a weapon, that it did not reduce the total number of hits you needed to kill an enemy.

That being said, here is what I concluded from your video:

Small Enemies = The two weapons are around the same. Still takes the same amount of "Cyclone Dances" to make the kills.

Medium Enemies = If enough damage revenge blasted can actually reduce the number of combos required, then maybe.

Large Enemies = If you can risk taking a hit and death, then Renza is better, but double cannon is safer.

Renza is good for you since you focus on revenge blast and HP affect power weapons. However if a weapon can do similar damage under the same load at half or full HP, then overall the weapon would become better. 20% - 30% would be crazy.

Does anyone know if the new weapon trade-ins are guaranteed to come at high percentages (40%+?)

XbikXBd
Mar 17, 2012, 02:57 PM
Rengokuto Renza only works when players run under revenge blast. I also noticed in your video that although you inflicted more damage as a weapon, that it did not reduce the total number of hits you needed to kill an enemy.

Small Enemies = The two weapons are around the same. Still takes the same amount of "Cyclone Dances" to make the kills.

Medium Enemies = If enough damage revenge blasted can actually reduce the number of combos required, then maybe.

Large Enemies = If you can risk taking a hit and death, then Renza is better, but double cannon is safer.

Renza is good for you since you focus on revenge blast and HP affect power weapons. However if a weapon can do similar damage under the same load at half or full HP, then overall the weapon would become better. 20% - 30% would be crazy.

Does anyone know if the new weapon trade-ins are guaranteed to come at high percentages (40%+?)

High attribute rates are common

Keilyn
Mar 17, 2012, 05:09 PM
Thank you.

Nothing sucks more than wasting materials and getting something low to show for it.

psu000
Mar 18, 2012, 12:02 PM
Looking at those previous trade, 32% is still random high by Sega's standard

Cloudstrife xx
Mar 18, 2012, 12:55 PM

If one is Time attacking they should have their HP around 1k (Maybe even lower?) with core shield it really isnt to hard to maintain.
Anyway once i get my renza to 10/10 it should only need to get down to around 2k hp to match the Double Cannon.
And for the price it costs to trade in (around 6-10mil) why wouldnt you go for these doubles sabers?

Keilyn
Mar 18, 2012, 03:55 PM
I mean not to insult you Jess when I say this, so here it goes.

Normally when I read posts and replies, I tend to let a lot of common errors slide. I understand! It is a gaming forum and people like to escape all accountability and let loose. I make an exception this time around due to the level of errors forcing me to ask for written clarification.

Time attack = Time-Attacking or time-attacking (time and attacking are dependents of each other, therefor the two words are hyphenated. Also, either they are both capitalized or non-capitalized)
there = their (You speak of a target, not a location)
sheild = shield (Don't worry, I make the same mistake too)
Anyway Also (Form contradiction. Try saying the two words out loud and see how strange it sounds.

The next mistake is actually something many people (including myself) have messed up before. The Animate-Inanimate relationship. The mistake most make is attempt to categorize both objects as Animate or Inanimate to make words better. In this case we speak of "health" in relation to an inanimate object (Renza.) However, health is biological and although it is a video game, it still points to "sentience, living, animate" reference. We speak of our characters who in-game "are alive." Please don't mess up the reference because it makes your characters to be non-human or sub-human.

Animate-Inanimate referencing are formal rules which are apart of Rhetoric. Rhetoric deals with "Form" of what is believed to be proper and eloquent in written or spoken language.

A classic example of rhetoric is the abandonment of polite and careful language in times of emergency with a preference of speed, urgency and direct action.

I am being more polite with you because you spent so much time raising your characters that they are part of who you are these days. They are animate because you control your characters. Like my girlfriend says "I am my characters and my characters are me."

Finally, in reference to the last paragraph.

We have the Subject-Verb agreement which states a subject and verb must be both singular or plural but can not be mixed (there are exceptions like using the word "and" between two singulars to make them plural.)

Here you have "Cost" which is plural on a singular (Double Cannon/Renza.) You speak of how much you pay to trade in for one unit, not a "per unit trade." In essence you speak of the singular.

However, if the sentence is within speech itself, its actually closer to being correct by some rhetoric, which overrides some rules in spoken and written language. The problem with that is that it makes the user appear more condescending and direct.

I don't think you were attempting to be like that, which leads me to believe that you forgot to say "costs" instead of "cost." The sentence has a different perception of interpretation by the which form I choose to see it as. This is why written language (not just English) has very specific rules. 90% of our knowledge, history and communication is performed through written work in society. This is the reason why schools do everything in their power to attempt students to master language.

You live in the UK, England itself has pretty good control over its language quality. Not much like the United States where Ebonics and fractured language is everywhere.

All that aside. I never said "I won't go after a set of Renzas for myself!" We are entering a post-S3 world. I think we will see just what exactly is to be expected of these S4 Free Missions in a few days. I am at your disposal if you need an Acrotecher to freeze everything in that map. My AT build is a Party Build."

I also ask that if anyone replies to this and thinks about "Laughing" and throwing entire "You got owned" posts or being rude or whatnot, to please refrain from doing so. I did not post this to act like a hotshot! I got more things to do with my time.

Trust me when I say "My friends and I spend time correcting and analyzing each other's work in an attempt to retain our writing skills. The idea is to hold each other accountable for our writing and to retain individual responsibility."

Cloudstrife xx
Mar 18, 2012, 04:14 PM
Ah yes thats what happens when i dont proof read my posts.
Oh well i just read it back and it looks wrong my mistake i can promise you it will happen again.

Titan
Mar 19, 2012, 09:13 AM
The only one I see myself getting anytime soon would be the high SE rate TCSM since they usually have lots of PP and the fastest casting time (whenever it gets released).

I'm sure a lot of these units will become very common over time being enemy drops and the JP server having drop rates boosted almost all year long.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Mar 19, 2012, 10:28 AM
thinking about Rengokuto Rensa, how do I get the two sabers from Like a Dream on A?

DeltaViolet+
Mar 19, 2012, 10:52 AM
I will be the guinea pig for the double saber! :) just need 46gb and 30 chrono!

The Master eye
Mar 19, 2012, 12:19 PM
I will be the guinea pig for the double saber! :) just need 46gb and 30 chrono!

im closer :P

DeltaViolet+
Mar 19, 2012, 12:47 PM
im closer :P

Don't think so bich!

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/539/psu20120319174443000.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/psu20120319174443000.png/)

:D

The Master eye
Mar 19, 2012, 12:53 PM
Don't think so bich!

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/539/psu20120319174443000.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/psu20120319174443000.png/)

rofl damn

anyway gratz :P

gib dmg check NAO!!!!!!

DeltaViolet+
Mar 19, 2012, 12:55 PM
I will when i grind to ten :) I might grind it tonight! But i think it has a 20% boost

Crysteon
Mar 19, 2012, 02:02 PM
Don't think so bich!

You had an extra Sword unit for that, right? If not...well...my dying sequence might start executing now.

I expected the best variation of the weapon to have a little better stat-wise boost (aside of the PA boost, ofc....you know, like 850 ATP at 0/10 instead of 780)....oh well.

Keilyn
Mar 19, 2012, 04:39 PM
The only one I see myself getting anytime soon would be the high SE rate TCSM since they usually have lots of PP and the fastest casting time (whenever it gets released).

I'm sure a lot of these units will become very common over time being enemy drops and the JP server having drop rates boosted almost all year long.

I thought the same thought.

Definately a TCSM with SE boost on it for MF will be killer.

Komazli rod still is a killer. I'll explain.

In Like a Dream S4, I had two MFs and two FTs, the four together smashed the map using Limit Breaks and Megid on Proc Items, along with a boosted for each.

FTs responded with Sabarta + Megid incap 5. MFs responded with Megid Incap 5 as well. At times it was Grants Limit Break and DAM techs along with a few DoTs, but....

Blocks 1, ???, 2. ???, 3 and 4 was smashed by four techers, block 3s and the final block had its difficulties, but It was kind of crazy standing in a line in block 3, with all four players firing megid off komazli's or evil curst along with the tech unit and killing Gaos like there is no tomorrow.

DeltaViolet+
Mar 19, 2012, 05:30 PM
You had an extra Sword unit for that, right? If not...well...my dying sequence might start executing now.

I expected the best variation of the weapon to have a little better stat-wise boost (aside of the PA boost, ofc....you know, like 850 ATP at 0/10 instead of 780)....oh well.

That was my only one lol I was thinking two weeks left I could MAYBE! find another :P
(Pftt)

Yeah i would of liked it to have higher ATT also! ><
But yanno its 0/10 and it will outdamage like any 10/10 double cannon I cant really complain lol
But i really hate the way it looks and the price is also ridiculous!
But overall im happy i traded in for it will be really nice at SA :)

Crysteon
Mar 19, 2012, 05:52 PM
Yikes, lol. Perhaps it's just me, but I got too dependant of the Sword unit (especially because slicers are more bearable now with it), so it's kinda hard for me to risk it for a single weapon D:

I also think the trade requests a bit too much...but Sega is Sega...they are not exactly the masters of fairness and balance o_O